Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2024 Singapore Grand Prix - Race

https://scuderiafans.com/charles-lec...e-controversy/

I had misgivings when Charles took the major part of the blame for the quali debacle. Somehow his voice didn't ring true. This article explains that the video from the Ferrari garage was taken down pretty quickly........that's why having seen it once I couldn't find it again.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    https://scuderiafans.com/charles-lec...e-controversy/

I had misgivings when Charles took the major part of the blame for the quali debacle. Somehow his voice didn't ring true. This article explains that the video from the Ferrari garage was taken down pretty quickly........that's why having seen it once I couldn't find it again.
    NOW THAT'S VERY UNSPORTMANS LIKE when you got the driver(s) saying one thing(post-qualifying) and team principal telling the driver(s); you take the blame for your troubles in qualifying but don't blame the team.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Oh, Mclaren wanted to go for the FL during the race with Norris but were against it since they just wanted Norris to bring the car home....oh well....they tried but opted against it.

McLaren still moaned when RBVcarb managed the fastest lap. Oh well I don't suppose it's called the piranha club for nothing!!!!!

Forza Jules

Alonso thinks we should have won this race. I don't think he's off on that one; Only had we qualified better, say P2 at worst

we seemed to have good race pace, we were just stuck in the DRS train

https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/v..._Singapore_GP/

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Alonso thinks we should have won this race. I don't think he's off on that one; Only had we qualified better, say P2 at worst

we seemed to have good race pace, we were just stuck in the DRS train

https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/v..._Singapore_GP/
    race pace was there, even on the Friday simulations.

we should have won Baku too, but Mclaren were allowed to use an illegal wing to beat us and it stood

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    race pace was there, even on the Friday simulations.

we should have won Baku too, but Mclaren were allowed to use an illegal wing to beat us and it stood
    yeah, in know that. cheaters

yeah, in know that. cheaters
    Yes but the FIA are letting them get away with it. When other team managers complain it's just ignored hoping they will go away. The only answer is if you cannot beat them join them...........then the FIA will soon ban it.
    I read that for the last 30 laps we were matching the speed of the McLaren so maybe all we need now is a tighter ship where everyone is on the ball.
    Charles is not giving up and intends to push hard hoping that Lady Luck will be on his side.

Forza Jules

Yes but the FIA are letting them get away with it. When other team managers complain it's just ignored hoping they will go away. The only answer is if you cannot beat them join them...........then the FIA will soon ban it.
    I read that for the last 30 laps we were matching the speed of the McLaren so maybe all we need now is a tighter ship where everyone is on the ball.
    Charles is not giving up and intends to push hard hoping that Lady Luck will be on his side.
    30 laps in Singapore?

Leclerc won Baku as far as I'm concerned.

30 laps in Singapore?

Nothing wrong with the current ferrari it's fast and planted the bumping around is gone.Its the team work and communication that requires tidying up from drivers to pit crew other than that ferrari are on track.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Nothing wrong with the current ferrari it's fast and planted the bumping around is gone.Its the team work and communication that requires tidying up from drivers to pit crew other than that ferrari are on track.
    well let's see how it does in Austin first

the issue is we have no room for error, so the drivers have to over drive, because the car disappeared all summer long

well let's see how it does in Austin first

the issue is we have no room for error, so the drivers have to over drive, because the car disappeared all summer long
    None of the top four teams have room for error there is still lots in play.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    None of the top four teams have room for error there is still lots in play.
    It's going to be an exciting end to the season. i hope everyone in the team including drivers "are on their toes"

Forza Jules

30 laps in Singapore?

Couldn't agree more. He was up against an illegal car (don't care what the FIA say) He was the moral winner in a legal car.

Forza Jules

he won Silverstone 2021 too, one of the most underrated drives in F1 history

With a headline like this posted below which I found on Scuderia Ferrari Fans it just doesn't look good for the team.

Charles Leclerc succumbs to the power of Ferrari’s press office after Singapore controversy
    Ferrari and the (questionable) strategy to cover up the mistake.

Forza Jules

With a headline like this posted below which I found on Scuderia Ferrari Fans it just doesn't look good for the team.

Charles Leclerc succumbs to the power of Ferrari’s press office after Singapore controversy
    Ferrari and the (questionable) strategy to cover up the mistake.
    what mistake??? i thought it was NO mistake....at least that's what Greig said and thinks, and we all know he knows everything

what mistake??? i thought it was NO mistake....at least that's what Greig said and thinks, and we all know he knows everything
    I'm afraid on this occasion there is a lot of evidence that there was a state of chaos in the Ferrari garage. The onboard camera showed a lot of activity around the front left tyre. One of the mechanics tried to manage the issue by taking a cable from Sainz's side of the garage proving that something was wrong. (interestingly that video was taken down pretty rapidly)
    I just think the team should have come out and admitted their mistake instead of putting it down to driver error. It would have been over and forgotten by now.

If I were Charles I would feel pretty "racked off" but I guess he has developed a mechanism to deal with such like (a pretty hard skin would help)
    He will probably appear at Austin, having put all of this behind him, full of vigor and determination to put the SF-24 where he wants it.

Forza Jules

Yeah Ferrari are going to cover up a broken tyre blanket.....yep sure they would lol some of you need to stop reading hearsay websites for clicks.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yeah Ferrari are going to cover up a broken tyre blanket.....yep sure they would lol some of you need to stop reading hearsay websites for clicks.
    i agree with you but i also wouldn't call scuderiafans a hearsay website, i don't think we know the full story and we probably will never

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Leclerc's post qualifying interview says otherwise. Not to mention his team radio during qualifying.

From a spectators point of view this season is far more exciting and interesting From last season even the season prior it was just so so predictable. This is not healthy for the sport in general in every aspect this year is not so predictable with different teams shining so far so whatever the final outcome will be iam sure that the leed up with certainty have some curve balls .Personally iam rather enjoying it.

From a spectators point of view this season is far more exciting and interesting From last season even the season prior it was just so so predictable. This is not healthy for the sport in general in every aspect this year is not so predictable with different teams shining so far so whatever the final outcome will be iam sure that the leed up with certainty have some curve balls .Personally iam rather enjoying it.