Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Pactice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    When Lec was blind loyal to the team ,we all said that he needs to speak up otherwise he will never be something more.
    Now that he does we say thay he speak against the team???
    Everybody else does it.
    If the tires where cold , what mistake he should admit?
    I'm a team supporter. If Lec leaves for another team I will not care at all if he will do well or not as I didn't care for anybody else ,even Schumi .
    But now if I see that the team struggles to provide a stable fast car and always something is wrong , then what's the point of blaming the driver ??
    If we keep like this the next season's, Ham won't do anything spacial either. He also complains to Merc for similar problems.
    Ferrari and some of its supporters have some kind of holier than thou attitude when it comes to criticism. The whole "No one is bigger than Ferrari" troupe is laughable, since Ferrari is not even the biggest brand in F1.
    Drivers get blamed every time but they can't criticise others mistakes? Aren't drivers themselves the most important part of the team?

Vassur should follow his peers, who are far more successful than he is, on how to run the team and acknowledge team mistakes, rather than mouthing the drivers off in front of the media. Not along ago he was blaming the drivers for "not doing the job in qualifying", rather acknowledging that whatever Ferrari brought as "upgrades" were nothing but downgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari and some of its supporters have some kind of holier than thou attitude when it comes to criticism. The whole "No one is bigger than Ferrari" troupe is laughable, since Ferrari is not even the biggest brand in F1.
    Drivers get blamed every time but they can't criticise others mistakes? Aren't drivers themselves the most important part of the team?

Vassur should follow his peers, who are far more successful than he is, on how to run the team and acknowledge team mistakes, rather than mouthing the drivers off in front of the media. Not along ago he was blaming the drivers for "not doing the job in qualifying", rather acknowledging that whatever Ferrari brought as "upgrades" were nothing but downgrades.
    McLaren is about to win championships again. Before Ferrari. Ferrari has to work harder and listen to their drivers. If you want to put in new standards, you have to point out mistakes as they happen. No need to sugarcoat anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    We never heard that many radio messages in the past. Schumi and Todt were ruthless, they would have not accepted such a mistake in the box.
    They done it in private not on the radio.

And what mistake? Fred told what happened why do you think he is lying?
    Forza Ferrari

If Fred isn't lying then Charles is. It will be the first time I can recall that Charles hasn't manned up and admitted his mistake. Could it be a matter of circumstances the tyres were not at their optimum temperature and Charles had to sit in the pit lane too long.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

In the past, things worked out this way. But not anymore. Otherwise Ferrari would have won a championship a long time ago. This team needs accountability.

It’s clear that it’s needed to provide your drivers a clean outlap without interruptions, the tyres are way too sensitive. The blanket has to be spot on, the release of the drivers on to the track also.

Vasseur is doing his job by calming down everyone, which is a good thing. I hope he is more demanding internally. Nevertheless, Ferrari is not competing for championships. This is a problem, and Vasseur has the responsibility at the end of the day. He needs to deliver.

Since I read numerous articles about what went wrong with tire temperatures , well I tend to believe Lec on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    If Fred isn't lying then Charles is. It will be the first time I can recall that Charles hasn't manned up and admitted his mistake. Could it be a matter of circumstances the tyres were not at their optimum temperature and Charles had to sit in the pit lane too long.
    You don’t change the tyre blanket wire during Q3 if everything is fine. All these problems add up, as tyres are too sensitive these days. It’s pretty clear that both drivers suffered due to too low tyre temperatures. But it’s not only the blanket, also the release of the drivers on the track, having to let pass drivers or leaving the racing line. Ferrari is suffering all year long in Qualyfying. As a team, you have to be spot on in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Since I read numerous articles about what went wrong with tire temperatures , well I tend to believe Lec on this one.
    The articles that all come from his radio you mean?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    In the past, things worked out this way. But not anymore. Otherwise Ferrari would have won a championship a long time ago. This team needs accountability.

It’s clear that it’s needed to provide your drivers a clean outlap without interruptions, the tyres are way too sensitive. The blanket has to be spot on, the release of the drivers on to the track also.

Vasseur is doing his job by calming down everyone, which is a good thing. I hope he is more demanding internally. Nevertheless, Ferrari is not competing for championships. This is a problem, and Vasseur has the responsibility at the end of the day. He needs to deliver.
    Yeah ratting the team out on the radio is the ingredient missing for us to win titles....
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah ratting the team out on the radio is the ingredient missing for us to win titles....
    It’s not ratting. If someone in the box has a problem getting called out, the person should think about switching careers. This is F1.

Charles & Carlos have arrived early at the track today probably to check the tyre blankets.

❌ LECLERC, PROBLEM WITH THERMAL COVER BEFORE THE ROUND IN Q3
    Immediately after qualifying (closed in P9 with no time in Q3), Charles Leclerc complained of an issue with front tyre temperatures - lower than usual - that compromised his performance in the decisive moment.
    From the images we've recovered - both on board and external - something actually happened in the Ferrari's cabin, with the mechanics working quite frantically on the front left thermal cover.
    The cable is likely to be disconnected at 6'40" by the end of Q3 and replaced: was there a malfunction that didn't allow the tire to reach the required temperature❓

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

Seriously?

Soon Sir Lewis to the rescue!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Soon Sir Lewis to the rescue!
    Really!! Brembo Charles whizzed past him today.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Seriously?
    Leave the kid alone mate. The digital junkie creates scenarios in his head

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Seriously?
    As a brand he is not wrong.
    As an F1 team ,historically yes.

Really!! Brembo Charles whizzed past him today.
    Sir Lewis needs to be in a Ferrari!! That 8th WDC is waiting for him!!

Sir Lewis needs to be in a Ferrari!! That 8th WDC is waiting for him!!
    That 8th WDC is a pie in the sky at the moment. If he can help Ferrari to sharpen up their operation then I take off my hat to him. I think though that they are performing much better this year in spite of a few under par performances.

Forza Jules

Ferrari needs to give Lewis the car like Merc did when he came aboard with them. Ferrari can for sure use a few years WCC and WDC for Lewis. Noris should not be allowed a win !!

Ferrari needs to give Lewis the car like Merc did when he came aboard with them. Ferrari can for sure use a few years WCC and WDC for Lewis. Noris should not be allowed a win !!
    if Ferrari are gonna give their drivers a decent car in 2025, able to fight for wins, i personally think that Lewis is gonna have a hard time beating Charles.....all he can do is try, in the end 2nd is where he'll end up to his teammate.

Charles needs a couple more wins this year. Sir Lewis is on R & R until next year. $100 million + for a 2nd place driver just doesn't seem like even Ferrari could screw up like that.

Charles needs a couple more wins this year. Sir Lewis is on R & R until next year. $100 million + for a 2nd place driver just doesn't seem like even Ferrari could screw up like that.
    they only brought him in for fame and money (profit); that 100M they're paying him next year, they already made that back in the % of their stock that went up. Plus all the merchandise they're gonna sell with all the "lewis bandwagon jumpers"....it's a double win for Ferrari

just a shame the fake goat is gonna be trashed/smokes/spanked by Ferrari's #1 driver....you got that right, Charles.

WHERE DID THOSE 105 WINS AND 104 POLES & 200 + PODIUMS COME FROM ? You think they were fake? Why did Lewis cause Ferrari stock to go up? Why does anyone want his merchandise ? Masi not Max trashed Lewis for sure ! A Ferrari 2025 WCC is what really counts. A month without F1 is way to long!

WHERE DID THOSE 105 WINS AND 104 POLES & 200 + PODIUMS COME FROM ? You think they were fake? Why did Lewis cause Ferrari stock to go up? Why does anyone want his merchandise ? Masi not Max trashed Lewis for sure ! A Ferrari 2025 WCC is what really counts. A month without F1 is way to long!
    yeah, fake, he had absolutely no competition. apart from 2008 champioship (which was a gift by timo glock, Massa actually should have been champion that year), then the 2017-2020 were gifts as well as Merc had NO competition AT ALL (their power unit was miles ahead of every other manufacturer)....not even from his buttler teammate which was useless to begein with, was not allowed to race him, only protect him from any treats

the only 2 championships that he won ON MERIT, were 2014, 2015 when both drivers (him and Nico) had equal status.....THAT'S IT, THE ONLY 2 THAT HE WON ON MERIT.....2008 was a gift....so yeah, i stand by my theory

just like max won in 2023....with a rocket of car....TOTAL GIFT OF A CHAMPIOSHIP.....when you have no opponents teams challanging you for wins, NOT even your teammate, and your car is a ROCKET, then yeah, that is a gift.

let me reiterate this to you, LEWIS WILL NEVER WIN A WDC WITH FERRARI, not while Charles will be there wiping the floor with him
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 24th September 2024 at 15:45.

Charles needs to do some 2024 floor wiping ! Don't forget Shumy's 3 Merc years without a single win, and then along came Sr Lewis !! He truly is the GOAT!

Charles needs to do some 2024 floor wiping ! Don't forget Shumy's 3 Merc years without a single win, and then along came Sr Lewis !! He truly is the GOAT!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

I'm sad to say that Ferrari have a habit of recruiting past WDCs (Michael excluded) who just seem to win some races but never really bring home a championship. I am referring to Alonso & Vettel. Will Hamilton follow the same pattern?????????

Forza Jules

I'm sad to say that Ferrari have a habit of recruiting past WDCs (Michael excluded) who just seem to win some races but never really bring home a championship. I am referring to Alonso & Vettel. Will Hamilton follow the same pattern?????????
    most likely.....not dirvers fault that Ferrari couldn't give them a car to fight with if their life depended on it....lol

not only was Merc engine miles ahead, when it was proposed to lift the engine freeze, they threatened to leave F1.

and if you developed sophisticated double battery technology to compete with them, extra tests and sensors were put on your power unit

if you developed some way to deliver more fuel to the engine than was regulated, while still passing all tests mind you, your engine was nuked for 3 seasons.