Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Pactice & Qualifying

I miss the F1 days where the tires would be consistent throughout a full race distance... These days one moment you are fast, the next moment you are slower than a snail...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    what TD?
    I'm talking about previous saesoms. Like 2022 with the TD we lost all the pace
    And 2019 with the PU saga ,we where no where.
    It's like when we do something in the grey area ,we are base our concept in that so when it's prohibited we lose the advantage.
    Others ,there have been instructions to change parts but it doesn't look to efect them .
    Of course I'm not talking to much about McL rear wing ,because it's looks to work on their low dnf wing and not in high dnf like this race.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I'm talking about previous saesoms. Like 2022 with the TD we lost all the pace
    And 2019 with the PU saga ,we where no where.
    It's like when we do something in the grey area ,we are base our concept in that so when it's prohibited we lose the advantage.
    Others ,there have been instructions to change parts but it doesn't look to efect them .
    Of course I'm not talking to much about McL rear wing ,because it's looks to work on their low dnf wing and not in high dnf like this race.
    ah i understand.

but it doesn't make much sense in context, Mclaren aren't changing parts this race, and what they are doing is more an advantage during the race than it would be during qualifying when you have DRS active
    Last edited by Cavallino; 21st September 2024 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Always excuses for Charles.....
    yeah, it's not like his Q2 time was good enough for 2nd row

Ferrari team principal Fred Vasseur contended Leclerc's view of events, telling Sky Italy that he'd lost the tyre temperature on his way out of the pitlane - having been held up by the cars ahead going out slowly.

"I have to discuss with Charles about this, because I think he opened the lap on the right temperature," Vasseur stated.

"But as nobody wanted to open the lap and to be first on track, we all waited a little bit more in the pit lane, in the garage, and we lost a little bit of temperature on the tyres at this stage. But he pushed a little bit more, and he came back to the right target before the start of the lap."
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari team principal Fred Vasseur contended Leclerc's view of events, telling Sky Italy that he'd lost the tyre temperature on his way out of the pitlane - having been held up by the cars ahead going out slowly.

"I have to discuss with Charles about this, because I think he opened the lap on the right temperature," Vasseur stated.

"But as nobody wanted to open the lap and to be first on track, we all waited a little bit more in the pit lane, in the garage, and we lost a little bit of temperature on the tyres at this stage. But he pushed a little bit more, and he came back to the right target before the start of the lap."

Not a good look for the team principal to be honest, in my opinion. But also understandable that he tries to calm the team down.

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    This is the reason why Charles Quali run in Q3 was poor
    https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...qualifica.html
    So what Leclerc has been saying is accurate, the tyre temperatures were too low.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    So what Leclerc has been saying is accurate, the tyre temperatures were too low.
    It is, there is a video where one of the mechanics is bringing a new tyre blanket wire into Leclercs box. Not a good look at all. Leclerc and Sainz are one of the best drivers, both had temperature topics, due to the vox it seems. I hope that we can bounce back tomorrow, otherwise it could be a lost weekenf.

Quote Originally Posted by Dune View Post
    It is, there is a video where one of the mechanics is bringing a new tyre blanket wire into Leclercs box. Not a good look at all. Leclerc and Sainz are one of the best drivers, both had temperature topics, due to the vox it seems. I hope that we can bounce back tomorrow, otherwise it could be a lost weekenf.
    Here's the video.

https://x.com/carsincircle/status/1837549485355913371
    It's not how start but how you finish.

It seems Max has upset the natural order of things regarding the FIA and their nanny foul language police.

His press conference was short in the press conference building.

So Max held his press conference outside the paddock with reporters abound in defiance against the FIA nanny police on foul language.

Your move MBS.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    We are waiting since 2008 for a championship. It seems that McLaren will win again one before Ferrari, mistakes like this are a reason why this is the case.

and having to push more on your out lap, that's fine, that'll be fine for the tyres

we have a fundamental flaw this season prepping these tyres and keeping them in temperature for one lap

We are waiting since 2008 for a championship. It seems that McLaren will win again one before Ferrari, mistakes like this are a reason why this is the case.
    nothing to do with illegal wings

Quote Originally Posted by Galvonero View Post
    This is the reason why Charles Quali run in Q3 was poor
    https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...qualifica.html
    Singapore slinger that's how this track is best described anything can happen it will be interesting, ferrari can score good points all is not lost.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Singapore slinger that's how this track is best described anything can happen it will be interesting, ferrari can score good points all is not lost.
    love the attitude, mate

The strategy needs to be 10/10 for both drivers, plus a little bit of luck with SC timing.

The strategy needs to be 10/10 for both drivers, plus a little bit of luck with SC timing.
    Hell will freeze over rather than all above

True, anything can happen, probably even 1 or 2 safety cars, as long as our drivers aren't involved in any first lap incidents and carry some good pace. As it appears our pace on mediums is far better than with the soft, maybe we can have a great second stint, an make good strategy calls in the event of a safety car ..

and having to push more on your out lap, that's fine, that'll be fine for the tyres

we have a fundamental flaw this season prepping these tyres and keeping them in temperature for one lap
    Quality post, Charles says tyres were too cold at start of lap, Fred says they were not....Charles says a lot of things heat of the moment.....he messed up in t2 the tyres were not done by turn 2 even if he did a flying out lap which he never....
    Forza Ferrari

Charles is usually quite truthful and is inclined to put his hands up if he's made a mistake.
    He says Ferrari, which included himself, threw away a possible P2 today. He didn't think he could get pole.
    I am inclined to believe him.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Charles is usually quite truthful and is inclined to put his hands up if he's made a mistake.
    He says Ferrari, which included himself, threw away a possible P2 today. He didn't think he could get pole.
    I am inclined to believe him.
    Agreed.

If he's made a mistake, he takes the responsibility and blames himself.

Quality post, Charles says tyres were too cold at start of lap, Fred says they were not....Charles says a lot of things heat of the moment.....he messed up in t2 the tyres were not done by turn 2 even if he did a flying out lap which he never....
    Fred wants to protect the team, which is fine, as long as he can be more demanding internally. Leclerc usually owns his mistake, and Sainz does not make a mistake as today. It really seems that both drivers missed out today because of crucial mistakes from mechanics.

Wasn't Carlos also complaining for cold tyres as well when he lost the car?

I am guessing he also making excuses.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Wasn't Carlos also complaining for cold tyres as well when he lost the car?

I am guessing he also making excuses.
    Ah you are back...

I was talking about the fans on here, Sainz goes off its cause he is a loser, terrible, Charles messes up and it's because of something the team done

Sainz admitted his driver error btw he did not blame the team.....Charles is blaming the team.

Would never have heard Schumacher berate the team on radio that's for sure......
    Forza Ferrari

Ah you are back...

I was talking about the fans on here, Sainz goes off its cause he is a loser, terrible, Charles messes up and it's because of something the team done

Sainz admitted his driver error btw he did not blame the team.....Charles is blaming the team.

Would never have heard Schumacher berate the team on radio that's for sure......
    Th

No point bickering among ourselves, it's not going to change the result. I think we have made a decent step forward with the new front wing.

Ferrari should do today what they did in last year's Canadian GP, but with different tyres. Put both drivers on hards and go as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Msdiabl0 View Post
    Th
    A bad tradesman always blames his tools.Its time for Charles to own mistakes button his lips listen and focus on the job at hand errors happen but never point the finger at any one own it learn from it and grow from it,until Charles masters his opinions and limits his mistakes iam Afraid to say WDC not near.The good side is he can turn the page starting in Singapore and building again on whatever result he achieved without judgement.

A bad tradesman always blames his tools.Its time for Charles to own mistakes button his lips listen and focus on the job at hand errors happen but never point the finger at any one own it learn from it and grow from it,until Charles masters his opinions and limits his mistakes iam Afraid to say WDC not near.The good side is he can turn the page starting in Singapore and building again on whatever result he achieved without judgement.
    We don’t need to talk about championships when the team does not have a championship car. The last time this truly has happened was when, 2008? Maybe during Alonsos time in here. If your biggest rival is about to win championships, there is certainly no need to talk about the drivers. Put in Leclerc or Sainz in that McLaren rocketship, and both would lead the standings. Operational mistakes have to be eliminated, and it’s good to see that the drivers are more demanding. Too often Ferrari is loosing points because of topics like this.

Ah you are back...

We never heard that many radio messages in the past. Schumi and Todt were ruthless, they would have not accepted such a mistake in the box.

When Lec was blind loyal to the team ,we all said that he needs to speak up otherwise he will never be something more.
    Now that he does we say thay he speak against the team???
    Everybody else does it.
    If the tires where cold , what mistake he should admit?
    I'm a team supporter. If Lec leaves for another team I will not care at all if he will do well or not as I didn't care for anybody else ,even Schumi .
    But now if I see that the team struggles to provide a stable fast car and always something is wrong , then what's the point of blaming the driver ??
    If we keep like this the next season's, Ham won't do anything spacial either. He also complains to Merc for similar problems.