Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Singapore Grand Prix Pactice & Qualifying

Sorry to ask again, but I have no picture.
    How was our race pace?

Norris Soft 4 laps old
    Average 37.458

Leclerc Medium 10 laps old
    Average 37.369

Sainz Medium 11 laps old
    Average 37.913

Piastri Medium 10 laps old
    Average 37.658

Seems to be another horrible weekend for RB. As I said if this trend continues in the next race it brings Norris & Leclerc into the play for WDC.

It would be great to have 1-2 on Sunday. That will bring us closer to CWC

Leclerc's race pace is mighty with nearly zero tyres drop off

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    It would be great to have 1-2 on Sunday. That will bring us closer to CWC
    fingers crossed....
    and better yet, a DNF for max adn Norris.....cherry on the cake

Track position is key here, undercut has always been OP compared to overcut. Hopefully Ferrari is not going to wait around for the others to stop and then get undercut by them, that would be extremely stupid.

But first we need to get the pole.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Track position is key here, undercut has always been OP compared to overcut. Hopefully Ferrari is not going to wait around for the others to stop and then get undercut by them, that would be extremely stupid.

well, we seem to have really good race pace, so yeah get POLE and then be the ones to pit first (while trying to feed into NOT too much traffic)

easier said then done, hopefully Ferrari will work like a really well oiled machine

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Seems to be another horrible weekend for RB. As I said if this trend continues in the next race it brings Norris & Leclerc into the play for WDC.
    And yet again nothing "special" from Max. It's quite easy to create the preception of Max being an "Alien" who can do things with the Red Bull that others can't, especially when the team is tailored made for him and pretty much always try to make a car that would suit his driving style.

But the car is no longer doing what he wants, the pointiness and the sharp turn in is gone with the removal of that unspecified and illegal braking device.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    well, we seem to have really good race pace, so yeah get POLE and then be the ones to pit first (while trying to feed into NOT too much traffic)

easier said then done, hopefully Ferrari will work like a really well oiled machine
    Fingers crossed. I think we have made a decent step with the new front wing. Not it's time to do our homework and have the best car possible for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.

And yet again nothing "special" from Max. It's quite easy to create the preception of Max being an "Alien" who can do things with the Red Bull that others can't, especially when the team is tailored made for him and pretty much always try to make a car that would suit his driving style.

But the car is no longer doing what he wants, the pointiness and the sharp turn in is gone with the removal of that unspecified and illegal braking device.
    enough said....what goes around comes around.....like when he used to call Ferrari cheaters back in 2019

Fingers crossed. I think we have made a decent step with the new front wing. Not it's time to do our homework and have the best car possible for tomorrow and the day after tomorrow.
    POLE and WIN mate....the only thing that's gonna put a smile in MY face, as well as Charles

POLE and WIN mate....the only thing that's gonna put a smile in MY face, as well as Charles
    The old enemy of Ferrari, McLaren is the team we need to get the better off this weekend and quite a few more........but we will need both cars up at the front.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    The old enemy of Ferrari, McLaren is the team we need to get the better off this weekend and quite a few more........but we will need both cars up at the front.
    so a Ferrari 1-2 after the first corner would a perfect scenario for the start of the race on sunday

fingers crossed

so a Ferrari 1-2 after the first corner would a perfect scenario for the start of the race on sunday

fingers crossed
    With Sainz behavior it would be better if they are not close to each other

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    sainz knows he's got NO shot at WDC this year, so i'm sure the team will tell him in the debrief to be the rear gunner for Charles, that is if he actually qualifies P2, or be P2 after turn ONE.

he's already gotta seat for next year so he's nothing to prove BUT being a "good" teammate.

It's currently raining on the track. All that rubber laid down during FP1 and FP2 has been washed away.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    It's currently raining on the track. All that rubber laid down during FP1 and FP2 has been washed away.
    A ferrari sandwich would be a perfect start then play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Any driver trying to win a race is good behavior!

Probably. But I don’t write him off yet. I want to see him out of RB. Every driver from RB who were successful at RB struggled to live up to the expectations when they are driving for other team.

Few references Vettel/Ric. Now If Max goes to AM where newey’s presence is there, then I don’t call him a champion driver. He needs to try Mercs/Mclaren, if he’s successful then he would join elite list else it’s similar to Vettel.

I wonder if RB only built the one car and that was around Max and only suited his driving style.......it would explain the drop in performance from Perez this season. He is no slouch but his performance this season has been messy. He did however have the measure of Max last week in Baku and without that "come together"with Sainz would have possibly gained a podium.
    You begin to wonder what is happening at RB. Hamilton is in a similar situation at Merc but you cannot ever count either of them out.
    Still we are only interested in the red cars and any change of fortune for others can only help us...........maybe, hopefully!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    A ferrari sandwich would be a perfect start then play the game.
    No, not 2017 again.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Probably. But I don’t write him off yet. I want to see him out of RB. Every driver from RB who were successful at RB struggled to live up to the expectations when they are driving for other team.

Few references Vettel/Ric. Now If Max goes to AM where newey’s presence is there, then I don’t call him a champion driver. He needs to try Mercs/Mclaren, if he’s successful then he would join elite list else it’s similar to Vettel.
    I wonder if RB only built the one car and that was around Max and only suited his driving style.......it would explain the drop in performance from Perez this season. He is no slouch but his performance this season has been messy. He did however have the measure of Max last week in Baku and without that "come together"with Sainz would have possibly gained a podium.
    You begin to wonder what is happening at RB. Hamilton is in a similar situation at Merc but you cannot ever count either of them out.
    Still we are only interested in the red cars and any change of fortune for others can only help us...........maybe, hopefully!
    RedBull struggles at this track. Who won last year here?
    I don't see both drivers in the front row or any one of them at the front row. Both are going to have to do damage limitation here. You can hardly pass at this track so it's 2nd to Monaco.

Also, I don't believe Mclarens front wing and rear wing flexing and mini drs will have any affect here as well since track speed will be limited as opposed to Baku's long straight where Mclarens front wing and rear wing take full affect.

Ferrari's NEW front wing will be limited here as well.

I only see these deformed front wing and rear wing only working like at Spa, Baku, COTA, Las Vegas and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    RedBull struggles at this track. Who won last year here?
    I don't see both drivers in the front row or any one of them at the front row. Both are going to have to do damage limitation here. You can hardly pass at this track so it's 2nd to Monaco.

Also, I don't believe Mclarens front wing and rear wing flexing and mini drs will have any affect here as well since track speed will be limited as opposed to Baku's long straight where Mclarens front wing and rear wing take full affect.

Ferrari's NEW front wing will be limited here as well.

I only see these deformed front wing and rear wing only working like at Spa, Baku, COTA, Las Vegas and so on.
    OMG, you don;t know who won last year in Singapore???? Jesus mate, it was Carlos that won....wow you surprise me every time....LOL

I think Hamilton/Mercedes is easier to explain as Mercedes not being on top of the F1 rule changes. The drop of from Red Bull is just strange. I am now 90% sure they had an advantage that they can no longer use.

Yet again the idiocy a person can have is astonishing. Max is a "special" driver. From the grassroots all the way upto the hierarchy of Motorsports everyone knows he's a generational talent, not many drivers in the world today can get in the same car and beat him including the one you get wet over. Leclerc is perhaps a very close second to him but it takes a lot more than just being quick to win titles, senna, schumi, Alonso, vettel, Hamilton all had their peak performances when they got the entire team working to amplify their strengths. Max is no different, it is easy to forget how many drivers have suffered next to him. And Nani, I'm sorry if max goes to amr it's nothing to do with trying to win an inferior equipment by sticking to redbull who may not win anything after this year, it's about not wasting time and having continued success, something Alonso misjudged and "only" has two wdc to show for ( should have been atleast 4) max wont stay in a team that isn't fighting for titles, his dad won't let him and he's too used to winning! A dream pairing would be max signing for Ferrari next to Leclerc (if Hamilton can so can he). Anyway not here to argue or anything, this gentleman who sits behind a pc doesn't know "not so special max" how good he is. A shame really but it makes sense for a guy who watches racing on twitter.

Are we running a different program, or we are struggling in FP3???

Correction, Lec just went P1 on mediums.
    But the others are closer.

Charles is quickest on mediums.
    The Mercs have found some pace overnight and look racy.

Forza Jules