Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    because the battling between Leclerc and Piastri let everyone catch up, Piastri was holding Leclerc up, otherwise he finishes fourth

i'll give you the tyre management but you need to be able to manage your tyres AND be quick.
    He was as quick as Charles over the race distance hence he was right behind him. He was catching Perez nicely before Charles lost his tyres, I thought you preferred quality posts?
    Forza Ferrari

because the battling between Leclerc and Piastri let everyone catch up, Piastri was holding Leclerc up, otherwise he finishes fourth

i'll give you the tyre management but you need to be able to manage your tyres AND be quick.
    This is how I see it.

Piastri and Leclerc were battling each other thru the latter half of the race hence why Leclerc's tires fell off the cliff with I believe 2 laps to go. Leclerc pitted on lap 16 for hards and Sainz on lap17. Sainz managed his tires while Leclerc-Piastri were battling it out. Then about 10 laps to go is when Sainz turned up his lap times and started to close in on the duo. Had Sainz not had a collision with Perez, Sainz most likely would have overtaken Leclerc on the straight.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Question for the engineers among you.........can we design, manufacture and test a flexible wing in the time between Singapore and Austin? I think not but we need something like that to compete with McLaren. It would be great if we could beat them at their own game.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Question for the engineers among you.........can we design, manufacture and test a flexible wing in the time between Singapore and Austin? I think not but we need something like that to compete with McLaren. It would be great if we could beat them at their own game.
    Which wing are you referring too? The front wing like Mclarens? Yes.

The rear wing like Mclarens? I think that's too big of a task($$$$) given the budget cap but without the budget cap...most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

The rear wing like Mclarens? I think that's too big of a task($$$$) given the budget cap but without the budget cap...most definitely.
    Thanks for that...it was the rear flexi wing I was referring to. I thought it might be either too time consuming or exceed the budget cap........sounds like we will have to find another way to match or beat them.

Forza Jules

teh rear one should be easy to replicate, NO?? it's just the top flap that has to be reworked and made in such way that it bends a little upwards so it creates a little gap between IT and teh main plane at high speed....i dont' think we need to design and built a WHOLE new rear wing, or maybe i'm wrong??

The FIA statement for the wings of McL & Merc , was that FOR NOW they don't see something strange to act. But if in the future they see something they will come back on the matter.
    So my explanation on that is that when/ if we and Redbull come with a similar solution, then the FIA will say that it's getting out of control and they will release a td that forbiddens
    it.
    So for us now most likely it's a lose -lose case.
    If we don't bother we will have to fight an unfair fight with their advantage.
    If we spend money.- cfd/ wind tunnel time we risk to and up with a total waste of them if the FIA forbiddens it.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The FIA statement for the wings of McL & Merc , was that FOR NOW they don't see something strange to act. But if in the future they see something they will come back on the matter.
    So my explanation on that is that when/ if we and Redbull come with a similar solution, then the FIA will say that it's getting out of control and they will release a td that forbiddens
    it.
    If we spend money.- cfd/ wind tunnel time we risk to and up with a total waste of them if the FIA forbiddens it.
    i'd say we should go full force adn get them on teh car as fast as possible and worry about the consequences after; we dont' want mclaren to run away with the WCC

it.
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i'd say we should go full force adn get them on teh car as fast as possible and worry about the consequences after; we dont' want mclaren to run away with the WCC
    So in essence, let's keep the show going as veiwership is up as well as ticket sales at venues meaning all one thing....$$$$$$$$$$$.

So in essence, let's keep the show going as veiwership is up as well as ticket sales at venues meaning all one thing....$$$$$$$$$$$.
    sadly that's what has become of this F1 circus as of late, well not as of late, but for a good decade or so, or longer.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is way more important to them then FAIRNESS.....

but god forbid, if it were Ferrari that was doing this, i'm sure it would have been banned come following race.

sadly that's what has become of this F1 circus as of late, well not as of late, but for a good decade or so, or longer.....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is way more important to them then FAIRNESS.....

but god forbid, if it were Ferrari that was doing this, i'm sure it would have been banned come following race.
    The days of 1 team dominating for 4, 5, 6, 7 years is over. It's great for the team and driver(s) but it's bad for Liberty Media.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    He was as quick as Charles over the race distance hence he was right behind him. He was catching Perez nicely before Charles lost his tyres, I thought you preferred quality posts?
    this isn't one, Piastri was costing Leclerc time, and tyre life

this is demonstrated conclusively by how Perez would close and drift, close and drift repeatedly
    Last edited by Cavallino; 16th September 2024 at 22:09.

you're not wrong about this

you're correct on both points.

if the car were painted red, those wings would be illegal

it.
    this is highly likely

this isn't one, Piastri was costing Leclerc time, and tyre life
    So he was not as quick over the race distance? Strange post.
    Forza Ferrari

The days of 1 team dominating for 4, 5, 6, 7 years is over. It's great for the team and driver(s) but it's bad for Liberty Media.
    Why would Liberty Media prefer a team dominanting?
    Forza Ferrari

So he was not as quick over the race distance? Strange post.
    what is the point of this post? why didn't you quote my whole post? Are implying Sainz is always as quick over a race distance? You just have to go back one race...

you have to learn how to analyze all the variables of the race, you have to understand what dirty air is and how that effects tyre life and temperatures for the car behind. please look into this and you will be able to understand the discourse better.

FIA loving this and so is formula one the different teams in the mix redbull struggling to hang on a different team now has the car ferrari resurgence the crowds are up tv viewing sky high Oscar the new pin up boy dethroned Charles all adds up to cash baby cash and truck loads of the green stuff so nothing is going to change flexi or no flexi capish.

what is the point of this post? why didn't you quote my whole post? Are implying Sainz is always as quick over a race distance? You just have to go back one race...

you have to learn how to analyze all the variables of the race, you have to understand what dirty air is and how that effects tyre life and temperatures for the car behind. please look into this and you will be able to understand the discourse better.
    I quoted the whole post, you edited it after....and I never implied Sainz is always as quick, we are taking about this GP not others.

Sainz was as quick as Charles over the race, not sure how hard that is to understand, sure you can throw in variables and reasons and justifications but it still remains the same.
    Forza Ferrari

For the sake of keeping CWC hopes alive, we need 1-2 in next race!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Crazy that after such a horrible middle part of the season, we are still in the hunt for a title.
    Forza Ferrari

I quoted the whole post, you edited it after....and I never implied Sainz is always as quick, we are taking about this GP not others.

Sainz was as quick as Charles over the race, not sure how hard that is to understand, sure you can throw in variables and reasons and justifications but it still remains the same.
    To be fair , I have the feeling that Sainz was on par with Lec over the race ,just because Leclerc's pace was compromised by Piastri. It's almost certain that Lec had about 0,2s more pace then Pia ,just couldn't overtake him with McL top speed (the topic we are all talking about).
    So IF Lec had stayed in front ,he would probably had a pace advantage like the 1st stint where he was the fastest.

I think Charles was aware of that. He is probably being quite hard on himself right now for letting Piastri overtake
    or maybe he has put it all behind him and is looking towards Singapore this weekend.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I think Charles was aware of that. He is probably being quite hard on himself right now for letting Piastri overtake
    or maybe he has put it all behind him and is looking towards Singapore this weekend.
    Yeh because none expect to be so hard to pass a McL on the big straight. On paper and according to FP data they where the slowest on the straight.
    And all of a sudden they where among the fastest (if not THE fastest) from the exit of T16 to the 1st corner.

McLaren have got Rob Marshall who worked alongside Adrien Newey for years. He has most likely acquired most of Adrien's tricks!!!!!!!

Forza Jules

The FIA banned RedBulls rear wing in 2021, after the FrenchGP, because it flexed too much. Lewis Hamilton spotted it. RedBull replaced their flexible rear wing 3 races later.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    ...and at least one Mclaren DNF
    ...and red bulls having a bad day at the office

but at least one mclaren DNF is good enough for me....providing we get a 1-2 in Singapore

Crazy that after such a horrible middle part of the season, we are still in the hunt for a title.
    good things happen mate when red bulls wings have been trimmed OFF....all we need now on top of this, is the Mclaren boys to trip over each other or a DNF on their part.

these are going to be an epic to teh end of the season....

7 races to go, LET'S GO!!!!!!

Yeh because none expect to be so hard to pass a McL on the big straight. On paper and according to FP data they where the slowest on the straight.
    And all of a sudden they where among the fastest (if not THE fastest) from the exit of T16 to the 1st corner.
    flexy rear wing acting as a mini DRS do wonders