Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

Anyways it’s over.
    Hopefully Leclerc learns from this one & stamp his authority next week once again at Singapore GP, need a win to stay in title hunt or atleast for P2.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He overtook Perez first & covered him. He saw leclerc struggling immediately he tried to pass leclerc.

Leclerc’s defense is valid, question is why was Sainz attacking Leclerc.
    He never attacked him though, Charles went defensive, Carlos even turned in later which cost him with Perez.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles Leclerc has now 26 pole positions to his name. Of those 26, he converted 5 into a win.

https://x.com/MsportXtra/status/1835...593741/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So, Sainz crashes into Checo at the penultimate lap...as per Karun's breakdown.
    I saw Sainz's onboard, not even once his steering went left, it was down to Perez and if my memory serves right, Perez did exactly the same thing in S'pore few years back

Nice race from... considering when we were a couple of races ago and when not counting last few laps... poor Carlos.

But that one lap late stop has probably lost us the race. We lacked pace first few laps on hards, so giving up a 6 seconds advantage was critical. Charles could have defended more though... oh well, 2nd is still nice. Congrats Charles.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I saw Sainz's onboard, not even once his steering went left, it was down to Perez and if my memory serves right, Perez did exactly the same thing in S'pore few years back
    Gotta look at the overhead (Helicopter view). Checo holds his line (viewing the broken white lines on the track). Sainz turns wide after completing the turn and is now on the white solid line and then veers from the solid white line into the track and crashes into Perez (Sainz's rear left tire clipping Perez's right front tire).

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Nice race from... considering when we were a couple of races ago and when not counting last few laps... poor Carlos.

But that one lap late stop has probably lost us the race. We lacked pace first few laps on hards, so giving up a 6 seconds advantage was critical. Charles could have defended more though... oh well, 2nd is still nice. Congrats Charles.
    You mean we lost 6 seconds by pitting one lap late?

i dont how this is legal to be honest...

https://x.com/i/status/1835310512738910387

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    i just read something about that
    The mediums had a clif on their performane. it was a matter of a lap where suddenly you could run 2s slower. Thats what happened with Lec . In his last lap he was slower +2s then hia previous lap. That combined that the hard performed bette then anticipated on their 1st lap from Pia . It was like the perfect storm against us. And this was also due to the lack of running full plan in FPs. on the hindsight the team/ Lec made 2 mistakes today that made him lost the win
    1st the team could pit the same lap as Pia , but in that exact moment the pace hadnt drop do much , so it was not a mistake from the team.
    And Lec could defend better but it was his 1st lap on hards and he didnt anticipate that move from Pia bacause at that moment traction + speed was much better for Pia + he expected /try to not push the tires so much to had better pace later.
    So in the end yes you could have done batter and we lost the race tather Pia to win it , but all this is theories after the outcome.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Yup, just now watched the laptimes on Mediums.
    1. He lost 2sec from the previous lap before pit.
    2. His outlap is worst. On top of it, he or team didn’t know how to bring those hards into right temp. As there’s no run on these hards in FP’s.

What Ferrari could have done is, Pit immediately after seeing Oscar into the pits. They’ve waited 1 lap long. So 1L he lost 2sec & 1In-lap + Out-lap lost 3sec. While coming out of pits he was within DRS range of Oscar & Perez. Albon was in between Leclerc & Oscar.

In general, Ferrari & Leclerc always introduce the tyres into working range little slow. This time they planned the same, it didn’t work for them.

So it down to Leclerc & Ferrari team who made the mistake.

No further action on Perez/Sainz incident.

It is termed as racing incident.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    No further action on Perez/Sainz incident.

It is termed as racing incident.
    That won't please Horner.

Forza Jules

7 races to go..!! Total points = 155 + 7pts (FL) = 162

Max = 313
    Norris = 254
    Charles = 235
    Oscar = 222

With the current form of Max & RB, they are not finishing higher than P5/P6. So there’s a potential gap of 15pts per race.

It looks difficult for Charles, but it’s possible if Ferrari can get it right in next set of races Charles can deliver it. He needs to have 7 perfect races & hope Max does have one or two very bad weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    i just read something about that
    The mediums had a clif on their performane. it was a matter of a lap where suddenly you could run 2s slower. Thats what happened with Lec . In his last lap he was slower +2s then hia previous lap. That combined that the hard performed bette then anticipated on their 1st lap from Pia . It was like the perfect storm against us. And this was also due to the lack of running full plan in FPs. on the hindsight the team/ Lec made 2 mistakes today that made him lost the win
    1st the team could pit the same lap as Pia , but in that exact moment the pace hadnt drop do much , so it was not a mistake from the team.
    And Lec could defend better but it was his 1st lap on hards and he didnt anticipate that move from Pia bacause at that moment traction + speed was much better for Pia + he expected /try to not push the tires so much to had better pace later.
    So in the end yes you could have done batter and we lost the race tather Pia to win it , but all this is theories after the outcome.
    another good post

i think i noticed the drop off on the broadcast, but it was tough to pick up because the gap did come down slightly just before Piastri pitted, and then it was hard to see because after that the gap was to Sainz

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    another good post

i think i noticed the drop off on the broadcast, but it was tough to pick up because the gap did come down slightly just before Piastri pitted, and then it was hard to see because after that the gap was to Sainz
    Thanks mate.
    Let's hope that this good vibe will continue, both for us and the team !!!

Great race..great result..and finally on top of the WCC (for now). Well done papayas!

It's a bit crazy all over Twitter, about McL's rear wing.
    The drs flap clearly flexes (llift) in the edge on the straights.
    It's like a tiny drs.
    A lot saying thay this could give them some km/h with drs closed.
    Thats one more reason why Lec couldn't reach him .
    But for sure FIA again will say that everything is legal.
    Why it looks to me that they want to.make McL champions again.
    I know that some will look like conspiracy theories and I too don't like them but
    That think that from almost the middle of last year + their flexi wings+ the illegality of RedBull ,all this to me it looks like they (fia-Mohammed Ben Sulayem= emirates = McL owners) are a bit biased towards them.
    Something like 2021 Abu Dhabi.

"Unfortunately after passing Checo at Turn 1 and after fighting Charles in Turn 2 there was very unexpected contact and honestly I still don't understand how it happened."

Carlos Sainz

Charles did everything he could, even taking it slow on his outlap when he pit as to not put too much into the tyres early on. Clearly we were better on mediums than Hards but what really seemed to hurt Charles was he had such inferior grip on the rears which is why Piastri was always able to pull two tenths on turn 16 and 1 and 2. Even though we had good rotation on the 90 degrees corners we just couldn't keep close enough through those corners to make use of the DRS. Of course the McLaren wing looks suspicious so it will be interesting if RB and ourselves speak to the FIA about that.

Comparing the difference in rear wing deflection under load for the top three teams in Azerbaijan.

McLaren seems to be the only team where the gap between the main plane and the DRS flap widens at the edges when the wing is under load.

https://x.com/f1multiviewer/status/1835331158675951966

Unless McLaren can demonstrate that their DRS flap would return to the closed position when the DRS actuator fails, this wing could be deemed illegal by the FIA, if they choose to investigate.
    Zie artikel 3.10.10.F
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

To me ,its a very strange situation.
    They are talking about tests etc, when from a single on board (rear view) you can see that its flexes and this is giving you something in speed.
    Are the rules saying that if something illegal ,no matter how obvious this is, if we cant prove it with our "tests" ,its legal ????
    i mean its crazy.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    "Unfortunately after passing Checo at Turn 1 and after fighting Charles in Turn 2 there was very unexpected contact and honestly I still don't understand how it happened."

Carlos Sainz
    So he admitted he was fighting his teammate rather than defending against Perez and securing the 2-3. Interesting.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    So he admitted he was fighting his teammate rather than defending against Perez and securing the 2-3. Interesting.
    What's so intersting about it? Is Charles not allowed to be overtaken? Oh I forgot you only support the driver.....interesting.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    i dont how this is legal to be honest...

[video]https://x.com/i/status/1835310512738910387[/url]
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Comparing the difference in rear wing deflection under load for the top three teams in Azerbaijan.

McLaren seems to be the only team where the gap between the main plane and the DRS flap widens at the edges when the wing is under load.

https://x.com/f1multiviewer/status/1835331158675951966

Unless McLaren can demonstrate that their DRS flap would return to the closed position when the DRS actuator fails, this wing could be deemed illegal by the FIA, if they choose to investigate.
    Zie artikel 3.10.10.F
    That Mclaren rear wing flexion and "mini drs" under load(at high speeds) is an aero genius masterpiece. Amazing the other teams didn't come up with this idea.

That Mclaren rear wing flexion and "mini drs" under load(at high speeds) is an aero genius masterpiece. Amazing the other teams didn't come up with this idea.
    Maybe bacause to others it might be something illegal and not a masterpiece??
    I dont understand why you need to "test" something ,when there is an undeniable prof that saw it to you. You se with your eyes that in moves under load and this gives you an advantage. So if its pass the tests, then either the test are not sufficient and dont vomply with the reality, or something else happens and and they dont test them properly.
    We are dont talking about somethig strange happening, or that sometihng illegal they must use just because their sudden performance cant be explained (something like they accused us for our PU in 2019) This is someting that you see it with your own eyes
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Genius? One could say that
    But that certainly cannot be legal….it is a flexible aero device that give ya free lap time….i would totally co snider it ILLEGAL

I think it's time to get rid of both our drivers. Luckily Sainz is out the door in a few races and Leclerc is just not championship material. Ideally The Scuderia would have Verstappen and Hamilton. We're 50% there.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    What's so intersting about it? Is Charles not allowed to be overtaken? Oh I forgot you only support the driver.....interesting.
    No, actually I support Ferrari - and I support Ferrari getting the WCC. We had a chance at achieving that and unfortunately SantanderSaniz was more interested in putting himself over the team. Maybe if he woke up 20 laps earlier he wouldn’t have had to be in that tussle and could have fought Leclerc on merit.

Interesting that you were adamant that Sainz wasn’t trying to pass Charles, but was on the racing line. Now he admits he was fighting his teammate and you deflect the story to me instead. What an ego.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsyourangle View Post
    I think it's time to get rid of both our drivers. Luckily Sainz is out the door in a few races and Leclerc is just not championship material. Ideally The Scuderia would have Verstappen and Hamilton. We're 50% there.
    So evidently you expect our drivers to always score 1,2. I have just re-run the race and thought Charles drove a stonking race in a car that was not the best today.
    I find it amusing that you think Lewis & Max could do better in our present car. Watching both of them today they both looked very ordinary just because they were not in the best car today.

Forza Jules

It was a superb race with plenty of everything but It could be an even better one without the Sainz/Perez incident.