Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Race

Charles saying setup was not great for hard tyres.
    Forza Ferrari

I thought Piastri outfoxed Charles. I don't understand why Charles didn't close the door on him on Lap 20, at turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Go on your game and count the turns....bet you get to more than 5.
    I wanted to ask, who had better race-pace? Ferrari or Mclaren?

Most overtakes in a corner are inches from crashing.
    This is in a way true but there are clean and dirty overtakes and what Piastri did could be seen as a dirty overtake from what I remember. Maybe have to look at it again, but from wat I had seen, he just brakes very late and gave Charles no chance to turn in. Not even mad anout it. Charles should have done the same to Piastri. He knows how it works because we saw him do it to Perez.

Edit: this does not mean I think Charles did good defending. He showed Piastri no intention of making a defense.

I've been critical of the team in the past, but we pitted 1 lap later, not 8 or 9. The leading Ferrari driver with six seasons worth of experience under his belt shouldn't be sleeping like this, especially when in the lead, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I wanted to ask, who had better race-pace? Ferrari or Mclaren?
    Seemed equal to me, but we were faster in the corners, them on the straights which helps more here.
    Forza Ferrari

Charles admits his mistake to letting Oscar pass.....
    Forza Ferrari

Go on your game and count the turns....bet you get to more than 5.
    If I'm generous I could call it six corner combinations. The chicanes are functionally one corner.

That being said ever since 2019 I haven't read much sense coming from your way so I'm not exactly surprised you don't understand the difference between Monza and Baku in terms of traction and lateral demand on tyres. Or that you don't understand that battery deployment works both in real life and in a simulator.

I can't wait until Charles destroys your hero next year, it's going to be very funny indeed.

Mclaren are now WCC title leaders in front of RedBull.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Seemed equal to me, but we were faster in the corners, them on the straights which helps more here.
    It's always something with us, but that's life.

At least we got a good haul of points for Leclerc.

Pity for Sainz.

there are a lot of things to point your finger at

Where was Sainz? for me he needed to be second going into turn 1 starting on the clean side

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    If I'm generous I could call it six corner combinations. The chicanes are functionally one corner.

That being said ever since 2019 I haven't read much sense coming from your way so I'm not exactly surprised you don't understand the difference between Monza and Baku in terms of traction and lateral demand on tyres.

I can't wait until Charles destroys your hero next year, it's going to be very funny indeed.
    So more than 5......Did you learn that on your arcade game?
    Forza Ferrari

How on earth did we lose that race?!?!

and it's hard to pass a team that has a high downforce wing in the corners and a low downforce wing on the straights

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    We needed those Constructor points against McLaren. Instead of trying to pass Leclerc he should have been concerned with defending against Perez.
    this

I guess I am less disappointed than most people, lol, but I am glad to see we are fighting at the top.

I dont agree that it was 100% down to that single pass by Oscar because that would imply Oscar only can ever have 1 attempt in the entire race, which I dont think makes sense.
    It may have been that he would have gotten past Charles 5-10 attempts later as well, we will never know

P2 in the bag but I don't know why this feels like a horrible race

Relax guys.
    Ok it was a great move from Pia but i think it was due to the unexpected grearter top spedd from McL. Lec didnt unticipate that thats why he didnt try anything + i bet he was convinced that he coyld had the pace to re pass him later. It was a strange situation.
    Again a great move from Pia and well earned, but not To the point to say that he schooled Lec. Let not have our feelings overcome us!!
    Its very frustrating to praise a driver one day say things like he is one of the best ever, just to say the worst for him the very next day for no big reason !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I guess I am less disappointed than most people, lol, but I am glad to see we are fighting at the top.

I dont agree that it was 100% down to that single pass by Oscar because that would imply Oscar only can ever have 1 attempt in the entire race, which I dont think makes sense.
    It may have been that he would have gotten past Charles 5-10 attempts later as well, we will never know
    Yeah to be back fighting for wins, ahead of Red Bull and Merc is not the end of the world for us on our development path with a new team structure.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Relax guys.
    Ok it was a great move from Pia but i think it was due to the unexpected grearter top spedd from McL. Lec didnt unticipate that thats why he didnt try anything + i bet he was convinced that he coyld had the pace to re pass him later. It was a strange situation.
    Again a great move from Pia and well earned, but not To the point to say that he schooled Lec. Let not have our feelings overcome us!!
    Its very frustrating to praise a driver one day say things like he is one of the best ever, just to say the worst for him the very next day for no big reason !!!!
    you're actually onto something here, you also have to keep in mind that Charles is in the crucial warm up phase of the tyres, that's what everyone on here is forgetting

1. Charles was having some 6.5 gap over Oscar, how on earth we lost that advantage.

2. Charles should have defended the move from Oscar. Not sure why he didn’t do.

This is what happens when you don’t do proper long runs in FP’s.

Great drive from Oscar …

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post

To me it seemed like they had very similar race pace, I believe Charles could've defended all the remaining laps if he was more proactive on Lap 20

Yeah to be back fighting for wins, ahead of Red Bull and Merc is not the end of the world for us on our development path with a new team structure.
    yes, we just need flexi wings for the normal tracks in time for Austin

Sadly Leclerc threw away a definite win today. He should have closed the door on Piastry and not act like a backmarker, I'm absolutely gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    1. Charles was having some 6.5 gap over Oscar, how on earth we lost that advantage.

2. Charles should have defended the move from Oscar. Not sure why he didn’t do.

This is what happens when you don’t do proper long runs in FP’s.

Great drive from Oscar …
    you're right, losing that FP time may have made the difference

So more than 5......Did you learn that on your arcade game?
    This is just sad at this point. I don't even want to respond

and Sainz had a chance to redeem himself, instead he tucks his nose along side Leclerc and messes up his corner entry

Strange comments. I am a Ferrari fan but also a racing fan. I saw two magnificent very talented drivers fighting for almost 300 km. There can only be one winner and today it was Oscar. I would have been happier if it had been Charles. But both showed us what real racing is. Bravo to both.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Where did the +6s lead disappear to at the end of the 1st stint?

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    To me it seemed like they had very similar race pace, I believe Charles could've defended all the remaining laps if he was more proactive on Lap 20
    Yup…!! It’s his race to loose. He admitted it as a mistake. But the mistake is at wrong time as WCC & WDC on the line.

Max is really struggling finishing at P4-P5-P6’s

So every win is important for Ferrari & Charles.