Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix-Practice & Qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Max Verstappen:

“I think the combination of Ferrari and Charles around Baku are very very strong.”
    At what point are we allowed to say that Red Bull was caught cheating? Remember when we were accused of cheating after we lost a lot of speed mid season a few years ago?

Till this day I have people talking about that as if we were actually found guilty. Now we have Red Bull going from be ultra dominant to fighting for third row and we al have to pretend that it is just everybody finding pace through working updates? We have to pretend that this has all to do with Newey leaving? Remember when Verstappen said: "you get that when you stop cheating". Are we just not going to talk about what is happening here?

Gasly gets DQ'd for a fuel flow infringement. He loses his P13 position. Will start from the pit lane.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles quaified P1, not sure where you are getting McLaren is the fastest car from?
    McLaren is the fastest car on most of the tracks since Miami upgrade.

In Baku its 2nd fastest car, Piastri showed it by qualifying P2. Norris who is being highly rated by British media, being projected that he is faster than his teammate & all the F1 pundits calling Norris should be backed by the team etc. Look where did he qualify. He should have been on the front row, instead locked last row.

This was the meaning of my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    McLaren is the fastest car on most of the tracks since Miami upgrade.

In Baku its 2nd fastest car, Piastri showed it by qualifying P2. Norris who is being highly rated by British media, being projected that he is faster than his teammate & all the F1 pundits calling Norris should be backed by the team etc. Look where did he qualify. He should have been on the front row, instead locked last row.

This was the meaning of my earlier post.
    Did you even watch? Yeah Norris is in 17th but not because he was slow. Even with that little mistake he would have gore to the next session. He is there because he ran into a yellow flag. Lets not trash somebody when they got unlucky pfff..

Quote Originally Posted by GoodtimesF1 View Post
    Did you even watch? Yeah Norris is in 17th but not because he was slow. Even with that little mistake he would have gore to the next session. He is there because he ran into a yellow flag. Lets not trash somebody when they got unlucky pfff..
    Was the flag yellow or white? According to his on-board, it WAS yellow then it turned white if I'm not mistaken.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Was the flag yellow or white? According to his on-board, it WAS yellow then it turned white if I'm not mistaken.
    According to Stella, the yellow flag was show and that was shown on Norris display. Whoever made the mistake, point is that he is in 17th place because he believed he had to slow down. That is not the same as him just being slow. You can clearly see he lifts in a full speed section.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Always44 or whatever your name is, that's what awaits you next year.
    How silly, check all my posts, I've never hated on or said Charles was bad, the ONLY thing I said was that he should stop making unforced errors and I stand by that. If he wins tomorrow I'll applaud him, as for next year, well you're in for a shock.

Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    How silly, check all my posts, I've never hated on or said Charles was bad, the ONLY thing I said was that he should stop making unforced errors and I stand by that. If he wins tomorrow I'll applaud him, as for next year, well you're in for a shock.
    I think you’re gonna be in for a shock when your beloved, over the hill fake champion will get trashed by the #1 driver Charles Leclerc

Pretty sure there was a replay where he ran wide at one of the turns, so it wasn't a good lap anyway.
    Regardless, he have had many poor starts this season when he got pole, he's not a top driver the media are making him out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    Pretty sure there was a replay where he ran wide at one of the turns, so it wasn't a good lap anyway.
    Regardless, he have had many poor starts this season when he got pole, he's not a top driver the media are making him out to be.
    Already mentioned he made a mistake on that lap but he would have still gone through. Also don't know what media you're talking about.. from what I'm seeing everybody in media is saying exactly what you're saying that he's not champion material. As if he got in second place by pure luck...

.. from what I'm seeing everybody in media is saying exactly what you're saying that he's not champion material. As if he got in second place by pure luck...
    You haven't listened to the British Media then!!!!! Try tuning in to eg Ted Kravitz.............he sounded like he was in mourning.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    You haven't listened to the British Media then!!!!! Try tuning in to eg Ted Kravitz.............he sounded like he was in mourning.
    I sometimes forget about national bias lol. In the Netherlands we only here about max verstappen as if he is God.

I sometimes forget about national bias lol. In the Netherlands we only here about max verstappen as if he is God.
    Yep it's a national thing only to be expected I guess but I tend to think us Brits go overboard.
    I wonder if in the USA they thought Sargeant was a God.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I listened to the F1 Live feed today and might stick with them, but I do like Martin Brundle's commentary though.

Dutch media was the funniest thing before qualifying. "Red Bull has the engined turned down!" because they can't admit that Red Bull lost speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    It's Travesty, drivers like Colapinto will be without a drive next year and Stroll still on the grid. I hope Sauber are thinking about this Argentine
    Seems like they are listening to me

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/wi...alks/10655057/

Dutch media was the funniest thing before qualifying. "Red Bull has the engined turned down!" because they can't admit that Red Bull lost speed.
    that's what happens when you stop cheating.

but now we got to deal with Mclaren cheating too