Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Azerbaijan Grand Prix-Practice & Qualifying.

2 rookies beat Lance Stroll and one of those rookies into Q3 in a Williams.

Alonso, Lance's teammate, advances into Q3.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

POLE ΒΑΒΥ ΥΕΗΗΗ !!!!!!
    And if the trend continues like all season and we have better race pace then Qualy , then it looks very good !!(Fingers crossed)
    And ,as tifosi said, we have more loaded configuration then yesterday.And even yesterday we have quite good race pace, so even better ???!!!
    Looks that EVERYTHING points to a win tomorrow, please make it happen !!
    And with Norris and Ves so back , even both championships could take another turn from tomorrow and perhaps Singapure ??!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I like the work of the new intermin TD or is Loic Serra giving advice remotely?

Forza Jules

Great stuff from Charles. Very hard quali to predict once the circuit had peaked.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "Special" Max without the "device" is now P6 and he had a car good enough to fight for the pole.
    You forgot about “Lando Norris” with the fastest car once again bottled it. He’s so called champion driver by British Media.

Saying it once again, Leclerc is next gen talent. Who can take the fight to the title & deserves WDC. Although it’s quite difficult for this season, but Ferrari needs to keep giving him consistent fast car. He will deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    You forgot about “Lando Norris” with the fastest car once again bottled it. He’s so called champion driver by British Media.
    I didn't think mentioning Norris would be worthwhile. I don't regard him anything special. Guy is a bottler.

Sainz was slower than Charles today......I hope he's faster in race trim and can act as a rear gunner.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 14th September 2024 at 13:52.

Forza Jules

Saying it once again, Leclerc is next gen talent. Who can take the fight to the title & deserves WDC. Although it’s quite difficult for this season, but Ferrari needs to keep giving him consistent fast car. He will deliver.
    We've known it since his GP3 days. But Charles will always have his minor but very vocal dictators. They will pop up every now and then to vent their poison.

Max Verstappen:

“I think the combination of Ferrari and Charles around Baku are very very strong.”

Super effort from Colapinto & Oliver B.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    2 rookies beat Lance Stroll and one of those rookies into Q3 in a Williams.

Alonso, Lance's teammate, advances into Q3.
    It's Travesty, drivers like Colapinto will be without a drive next year and Stroll still on the grid. I hope Sauber are thinking about this Argentine

Super effort from Colapinto & Oliver B.
    Agreed
    Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    It's Travesty, drivers like Colapinto will be without a drive next year and Stroll still on the grid. I hope Sauber are thinking about this Argentine
    Makes you think about the talent pent-up or locked up in F2. Some of these drivers currently in the grid need to go as witnessed today by these rookies.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sainz ain't looking any good here.
    Not bad looking after all, EH? Specially since he admitted that he normally lacks pace and confidence around this track

Always44 or whatever your name is, that's what awaits you next year.
    lol, true indeed, when Charles is gonna wipe the floor with the washed out over the hill fake champion, as some including Always44 calls him the GOAT……goat my rear END

Imagine Ferrari going through all they could to get Sr Lewis a year ahead ; paying him in the $100s of millions to join them for 2025! I truly believe it was Sr Lewis ' choice to have Charles as his team mate over Sainz. I wonder why?

I didn't think mentioning Norris would be worthwhile. I don't regard him anything special. Guy is a bottler.
    That, and also a rookie Piastri is showing him how it’s done and schooling him around
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Exactly!

Why is McLaren the fastest car here?
    Forza Ferrari

Leclerc is simply sensational around these streets. Four Baku poles in a row is insane. It's one thing to score consecutive circuit poles during a dominant era like Lewis and Max, but to do it with a car that's been inconsistent over that period is just exceptional! I hope we keep it together tomorrow and win the race with a Ferrari 1-2. Surely we can't be out-strategised by McLaren!
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Imagine Ferrari going through all they could to get Sr Lewis a year ahead ; paying him in the $100s of millions to join them for 2025! I truly believe it was Sr Lewis ' choice to have Charles as his team mate over Sainz. I wonder why?
    Brembo I think I said this before Charles is Ferrari's golden boy, their chosen one and the first to graduate from the Ferrari driving academy.
    I think he's referred to as "il predestinato" so I couldn't see them letting him go no matter who Lewis wanted as team mate.

This was the message Seb left Charles:
    To Charles,
    You are the most talented driver I came across in 15 years of F1. Don’t waste it. But be sure, whatever you do to be happy and smile.
    Thanks for everything!
    Sebastian Vettel.

Forza Jules

Magnifico! Charles and Carlos with the best places on the grid.

But what the hell is this Norris doing? McLaren really is the Ferrari of 2022.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post

Let’s hope so….these last 8 races are gonna be the most thrilling we’ve had in a LONG, LONG time

Wohoo yes Charles on pole!!!

Also good drives from Colapinto & Oliver B.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Hopefully another win for Charles tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Why is McLaren the fastest car here?
    Piastri qualified P2…!! Which mean car does have potential to qualify better than 17th?

Piastri worries me tomorrow. With the speed of the McLaren he will try to jump Charles at the start.
    I hope Charles gets away well and Carlos gets the measure of the McLaren. It will be a nail biting start!!!

Forza Jules

Piastri qualified P2…!! Which mean car does have potential to qualify better than 17th?
    Charles quaified P1, not sure where you are getting McLaren is the fastest car from?
    Forza Ferrari

If it can be done, and you want it to be done, call Charles Leclerc.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post

Oh, please. McLaren is nowhere near making the mess that Biontto and co. made back in 2022. Norris hasn't lost a single win this year due to reliability/goof up from the pitwall. I can remember Spain, Baku, Monaco, Silverstone, Canada, Hungary; six races of 2022 that Charles should've won but couldn't, due to reliability issues or strategic blunders. Neither Charles nor Carlos wasted the potential of the F1-75, it was Binotto who was solely responsible for the downfall of the F1-75.

Norris on the other hand clearly wasting the potential of the current McLaren. He messed up every time he has started from pole this year and today was another bottling from him. Only 3 race wins don't justify the potential of the current McLaren car which has been pretty much the fastest overall package since Miami.