Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Italian Grand Prix - Race - Ferrari win!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles best Lap is 1.23.268 on Lap 33
    Charles last lap is 1.23.226.

If it’s true that’s insane. ….
    Tire management. Leclerc was very consistent in that "lap time" to keep the tires to last till the end.

Piastri had the faster car.

So fastest car doesn't necessarily win the race as proven by Leclerc in today's race.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Tire management. Leclerc was very consistent in that "lap time" to keep the tires to last till the end.

Piastri had the faster car.

So fastest car doesn't necessarily win the race as proven by Leclerc in today's race.
    right, some times the best racing driver in the world doesn't need the faster car to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    I think you underestimate the effects of unloading the battery at the by far fastest circuit on the calendar with four massive straights. Everyone does it all the time even on normal circuits and Charles knew he had to save the battery life because the McLarens would be insanely quick the last lap.

It was a great tyre management race but being fast on the last lap if you need to be is just standard practice due to the hybrid engine. For reference, Norris was 1.8 seconds faster that lap when he did the same, which is also normal considering the degradation and wear difference.

Plenty of times in the F1 games I've pulled 1.5 seconds out of the bag while doing tyre management races due to saving my battery charge so it even works in video games Unlike some clowns showboating their 'skills' on social media, I actually do 100 % races in cockpit view with no assists and run my own strategy against the 100-rated AI drivers. I'm not close to the times set by the Esports guys but that's also because they obviously cheat in the game code and bring out the complete career cars to time trial to show off. Tour de France around 2000 was still cleaner than these guys. I've done this very experience several times on very old mediums in a slower car for track position and it's always great when it pays off. Those wins are the best. Charles' win is his best of the seven in his career so far.
    we should race sometimes, i mostly play AC, ... and i spend wayyy too much time building my setup

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    CHARLES YOU BEAUTY!!! WHAT A DRIVE!!
    he's got a combination of looks and speed the world has never seen before

They say 7 is a lucky number. I do hope it is for Charles and he wins more races this season. (he deserves to)

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    he's got a combination of looks and speed the world has never seen before
    He's also a very charming guy, mild mannered and humble.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by JChan View Post
    Worth the money spent @STEFA
    Every cent

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    WOW WOW I'm speechless with tears of joy. Charles what a champ he is!!!!
    The only thing that would make it better for me would be to be in the grandstands to-day.
    Stefa jealous of you....
    I cannot describe the passion, emotion.... It is AMAZING

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I cannot describe the passion, emotion.... It is AMAZING
    Just enjoy it soak in the atmosphere and emotion of a perfect day.

We have Charles who needs Hamilton?

Forza Jules

Just enjoy it soak in the atmosphere and emotion of a perfect day.

We have Charles who needs Hamilton?
    They brought him onboard to bring their stock up as well a sell tons of merchandise…..otherwise we don’t need him

What a stellar drive from Charles Leclerc! And kudos to the team as well, they responded well to the adversities (well known disease of the past which is updates that don't work/losing the development battle). Also for taking the (calculated) risk of leaving our drivers with one stop strategy which paid dividents. Carlos also drove a solid race (not at the level of Charles but nevertheless a solid result). What can I say, back then I read an article (interview) of that clown Binnoto saying that Charles drives in a divine way....I couldn't agree more (and it's the only thing I would agree with him anyway). He is a generational talent! Give him the wright car and he will wipe the floor off of the rest of the grid! Let's hope that the team has found it's way through the difficulties that experienced in the last couple of races and follow an upward trajectory.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    They brought him onboard to bring their stock up as well a sell tons of merchandise…..otherwise we don’t need him
    I just hope his interests don't conflict with those of Charles.

Forza Jules

WCC is truly on…!! Both of our drivers are consistent. Although McLaren are favourites, their rookie mistakes might cost them over experience of Charles & Sainz.

Sainz is up there in quali, but he needs to pull up some race pace. I know he’s not at the level of Leclerc but he needs to make the difference in the upcoming races that will be important in WCC.

For WDC, if Charles gets Baku & Singapore. Then it’s game on. He’s the one who deserves the championship this year given the where the car is & results he’s delivering.

One final push from Ferrari in terms of upgrades either front wing or a better traction or good balance at high speed for SF-24 will help Leclerc to be in contention.

I can see the WCC being possible yet McLaren are 8 points behind RB we are 39!!!!
    but I think the WDC is out of our reach unless miraculously we win the majority of the remaining races.
    Max is 86 points ahead of Charles. It's a lot to catch up and Max would need to finish every race in the low points.
    Charles deserves to win but he may have to wait.

Forza Jules

McLaren had the fastest car but at the expense of a setup that punished the tyres, specially the front left.
    After 15 laps they begun to suffer.

I haven’t been this Ferrari Formula 1
    happy in years.
    Forza Ferrari!
    Forza Charles!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

He’s a million years old. He needs us.

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I can see the WCC being possible yet McLaren are 8 points behind RB we are 39!!!!
    but I think the WDC is out of our reach unless miraculously we win the majority of the remaining races.
    Max is 86 points ahead of Charles. It's a lot to catch up and Max would need to finish every race in the low points.
    Charles deserves to win but he may have to wait.
    86 pts isn’t a big deficit given how close the cars are this year & RB struggling. If Norris can have a chance so do Leclerc. It all depends on next 2 races where Leclerc/Norris/Max finishes

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    86 pts isn’t a big deficit given how close the cars are this year & RB struggling. If Norris can have a chance so do Leclerc. It all depends on next 2 races where Leclerc/Norris/Max finishes
    I know mathematically is possible for Charles to win the wdc, but realistically 86 points is quite a difficult task and a very tall order.
    To make it more realistic, Max would have to have at least one if not two DNF’s to bring Charles more in contention, and even then we’d have to have a good enough car to fight for wins with red bull and McLaren

We’ll see how these updates will do at tracks with a lot of slow/medium and especially high speed corners, which the later was our Achilles heel for quite some time

But a dNF for Max is a must if we are to have a chance at wdc

WCC is wide open for the 3 teams, Ferrari, McLaren and red bull, so we’ll see who’s gonna come on top come last lap in Abu Dhabi

The graining

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

I know mathematically is possible for Charles to win the wdc, but realistically 86 points is quite a difficult task and a very tall order.
    To make it more realistic, Max would have to have at least one if not two DNF’s to bring Charles more in contention, and even then we’d have to have a good enough car to fight for wins with red bull and McLaren

We’ll see how these updates will do at tracks with a lot of slow/medium and especially high speed corners, which the later was our Achilles heel for quite some time

But a dNF for Max is a must if we are to have a chance at wdc

WCC is wide open for the 3 teams, Ferrari, McLaren and red bull, so we’ll see who’s gonna come on top come last lap in Abu Dhabi
    a Piastri-Norris crash is a must too

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    McLaren had the fastest car but at the expense of a setup that punished the tyres, specially the front left.
    somehow their deg was less on the mediums though

i've been trying to get my head around this as well

Quote Originally Posted by gvera View Post
    was it just setup, or was it stupidity of Norris and Piastri racing each other instead of managing.

but again, if they start managing, Charles is right there.

Mclaren didn't throw this race away as much as people think, Leclerc is just that good.

Love the new appendix to the title of this thread-Ferrari win.
    Would love to see this the pattern of things to come.

Forza Jules

Let's not get carried away here. To have any hope of either championship Ferrari and Charles would have to:

a) win the next two races against McLaren on the more favourable layouts.
    b) bring a substantial front end upgrade to the third circuit that would enable the car to turn as good as McLaren around the American and Middle Eastern circuits.

I don't see it happening.

Grande Charles!!!

Bring on the next 2 races that will suit our car!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Let's not get carried away here. To have any hope of either championship Ferrari and Charles would have to:

a) win the next two races against McLaren on the more favourable layouts.
    b) bring a substantial front end upgrade to the third circuit that would enable the car to turn as good as McLaren around the American and Middle Eastern circuits.

I don't see it happening.
    c. ban their wings

c. ban their wings
    and don't forget, Singapore and Las Vegas are both in our favor too

and don't forget, Singapore and Las Vegas are both in our favor too
    That's great news. I believe Baku & Singapore is in our favour and didn't know that Las Vegas is as well.

Forza Jules