Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2024 Dutch Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s all down to suspension of the car. Ferrari doesn’t want to invest on that & they are paying the price now.

They increased the ride height now to compensate bouncing & loosing chunk of a performance in the S1 & S2. It’s 3rd year of these regulations & Ferrari still can’t able to figure out which is the best solution. While others McLaren & Mercs made huge benefits.
    It was always the suspension and the floor, aka vehicle-dynamics. I said that countless times in last year's car thread as well.

Ferrari can bring 100 different iterations of the floor but that's not going to change anything, if the mechanical platform doesn't change with the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And of course Vasseur will find it a good result because we managed to be ahead of AM.
    His attitude of always finding excuses is alarming. And it not about keeping the moral of the team. It's just another one who is only care about his position and to " play" TP of Ferrari. The results?? Who cares?? He's reading them the way he wants and all the top management of Ferrari if you hear them in events/ interviews you think you are watching some else from what they say.
    They value out performance based on last years results and not that they have ruined everything after Monaco.
    So as long as we have more points then last year ,for them we are in a good place.
    Pathetic!!!!
    Our bald-headed TP would imply that "there were more in the car" and would surreptitiously blame Charles for being P6.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    If we give the 12 times WCC and 13 times WDC winning legendary designer full independence and full authority, he will turn this into a proper championship contender.

But that's not going to happen. I just sad that a talent like Charles being wasted by this donkey show of a team. Alonso and Vettel already won championships, so them wasting their careers here didn't matter much. Although, Alonso should've won more than 2 titles.
    All the rumors/ articles say that this was the reason Ferrari closed the door to Newey and not the opposite. Because Newey would demand great changes to built a winning team. BUT NO. Vasseur and Vigna prefer to lose rather than lose their status!!!

Gotta love a customer team beating their manufacturer team. Mercedes is in shambles from where they used to be.

Mclaren really got their poop together.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

All the rumors/ articles say that this was the reason Ferrari closed the door to Newey and not the opposite. Because Newey would demand great changes to built a winning team. BUT NO. Vasseur and Vigna prefer to lose rather than lose their status!!!
    It's the Ferrari motto......"No one is bigger than Ferrari!"...........I guess then. Keep that Ferrari motto instead trying for a change in your F1 dept.

Imagine loosing for all these years and still thinking your way is the right way. Not willing to change or make the adjustments needed to be competitive in modern F1. The complacency is unbelievable really.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Charles Leclerc:

“Nine tenths from pole? It hurts, we have no explanation, and it's worrying. We're trying to do everything we can to make up the gap, but it's not working.”

“The race? We have to limit the damage, a better result than P6 will be very difficult.”

BUT WHY??? I thought Vasseur said we have it under control??!!!!!

Afraid Ferrari are wasting Charles' talent. He will soon only expect and accept lowly grid places and not wins which he is capable of given a better car.

Forza Jules

It was always the suspension and the floor, aka vehicle-dynamics. I said that countless times in last year's car thread as well.

Ferrari can bring 100 different iterations of the floor but that's not going to change anything, if the mechanical platform doesn't change with the floor.
    I thought this bouncing started when the new floor was introduced? Possible they can fix it by fixing the floor?
    No way they have the budget left to redo the suspension, they'll have to figure it out aero wise.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    super depressing, and most likely for the rest of the season....as i can't see Ferrari making BIG strides in teh second half, they NEVER have in the past so why would this second half be different.
    They made a big step at the end of last year.
    Vasseur has to work with the people he has now until the new employees are available. They aren't going to be able to fix things at this stage if the outgoing people weren't competent.
    I'd like to see who the big names are that are coming in. Serra is a good grab. If it's Newey or Costa or some other big name as the next TD might turn things around. I think most people know that it takes a while to change things, cars are designed many months ahead of when they debut.
    I bet Serra will make a pretty good contribution pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Vasseur has to work with the people he has now until the new employees are available. They aren't going to be able to fix things at this stage if the outgoing people weren't competent.
    I'd like to see who the big names are that are coming in. Serra is a good grab. If it's Newey or Costa or some other big name as the next TD might turn things around. I think most people know that it takes a while to change things, cars are designed many months ahead of when they debut.
    Agree with all of the above.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Costa doesn't even want to hear about Ferrari.
    Beside Serra I haven't hear any " big" name to come. And I'm afraid we will not gonna have one. So we hope that Serra will be our " savior " or that suddenly engineers that worked under bigger names in other teams, they will make the difference in us????
    Sorry but the facts we have for our future look very bad ,especially with what teams we have to fight.

I am lead to believe that a "big name with 5 letters" is to be announced either during the Monza weekend or just after.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I am lead to believe that a "big name with 5 letters" is to be announced either during the Monza weekend or just after.
    I am 100% sure that guy won't come to us
    Especially with the way our TP has been saying the last few weeks

I will believe it when I hear it official. Till then we again are just excuses. Sorry but year after year ,TD after TD ,TP after TP they have destroy our psychology. I sent just have faith on them any more. After 15 years I " demand " results and no more excuses. Especially this year when we finally had the biggest chance of bringing the best designer in F1 witch could gave us huge hope for the future, and they manage once again to screw it up!!! AND for What????
    So until they miraculously deliver results, I will blame them for our bad image!!!!

Albon has been DQ'd for an "irregular" floor. It did not meet FIA limits.

Hamilton receives a 3 grid place penalty for impeding Perez.

Year after year TP’s/Drivers/engineers change at Ferrari, but performance is not changing.

They are simply wasting drivers talent. I would be disappointed if Norris wins WDC before Leclerc.

After Max & Ham.. I rate Leclerc very highly. He’s above Norris/Russel & whoever on the current grid. It’s the media who’s showing lot of bias & favouritism towards British drivers & throwing unnecessary statements at leclerc.

Simply Ferrari to blame here. Tmrw they will bring Max or Norris after wining WDC, what will change? Unless your Top management thought process change or vision to build successful team with a driver.

Year after year TP’s/Drivers/engineers change at Ferrari, but performance is not changing.

They are simply wasting drivers talent. I would be disappointed if Norris wins WDC before Leclerc.

After Max & Ham.. I rate Leclerc very highly. He’s above Norris/Russel & whoever on the current grid. It’s the media who’s showing lot of bias & favouritism towards British drivers & throwing unnecessary statements at leclerc.

Simply Ferrari to blame here. Tmrw they will bring Max or Norris after wining WDC, what will change? Unless your Top management thought process change or vision to build successful team with a driver.
    If Ferrari are out of the picture this year, I'm supporting Verstappen and Red Bull for the championships.

I would not want to see Mclaren or Norris winning.

If we give the 12 times WCC and 13 times WDC winning legendary designer full independence and full authority, he will turn this into a proper championship contender.

But that's not going to happen. I just sad that a talent like Charles being wasted by this donkey show of a team. Alonso and Vettel already won championships, so them wasting their careers here didn't matter much. Although, Alonso should've won more than 2 titles.
    1000% agree with you

Last days I have same thing on my mind.... Italians are waittng for best place to anounce this.

EXACTLY!!!

I rate Charles above Lewis currently. Give the man a car and he would even give Max some competition.

Forza Jules

I think that Charles is the only driver that can race and win against Max!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia rossa View Post
    I think that Charles is the only driver that can race and win against Max!
    So whats he waiting for? Forget Max , Charles can't even beat Noris.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Norris with fastest car & yet only 2 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    He's driving the guts out of a car incapable of winning. As I said before give the man a car and he will show Max and Lando how it's done.

Forza Jules

He's driving the guts out of a car incapable of winning. As I said before give the man a car and he will show Max and Lando how it's done.
    ^this....could not agree more

Agreed!