Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Dutch Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

I understood it was a mandatory close down for 2 weeks and teams were not allowed to work on the development of the cars.
    They are however able to update facilities and Ferrari have upgraded their wind tunnel.

https://www.grandprixnews.com/news/f...d-performance/

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I understood it was a mandatory close down for 2 weeks and teams were not allowed to work on the development of the cars.
    They are however able to update facilities and Ferrari have upgraded their wind tunnel.

https://www.grandprixnews.com/news/f...d-performance/
    AGAIN??? didn't they do like a total overhaul on the wind tunnel and simulator like 3-4 years ago??
    still won't help them with anything.....they seem like a lost cause when it comes to knowing how to use CFD and wind tunnel.....they've been CRIPPLED since 2009, when ALL UNLIMINTED track testing has been cut off

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The opposite for me.
    On Monday I returned from my vacations, AND I caught covid. I'm on recovery now and hoped for something better to cheer me up ,but NO !!!
    So enjoy your vacation and don't worry about F1/ Ferrari !!!!
    Enjoying in Sarti for the 3rd year! Next Friday I am flying to Milan for Italian GP

McLaren have come into the Dutch Grand Prix with many upgrades to their car and they looked good in free practice earlier today. If anyone can challenge Max for the race win on Sunday, it is likely to be a McLaren driver. Red Bull also made changes to the rearward fairing vane and to the height of the mirror stays. Check out this guide to know about all the updates from all teams for this Dutch GP.

At least 6 drivers will be fighting for the win!!

Rain again....wet track for FP3.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

That was an almighty crash of Sargeant's its good that he is alright. 2 minutes left of practice here we go.

Forza Jules

I imagine not a lot was gleaned from FP3. With the exception of the McLarens and Sainz in 10th the other top teams were all down the order.
    I hope it's drier during quali.

Forza Jules

We will be out in Q1
    Forza Ferrari

Judging by what I see one car will miss Q3

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    We will be out in Q1
    I was more optimistic

We pulled that out.....
    Forza Ferrari

At least we are through to Q2. Now it's all to be done again fingers crossed.

Forza Jules

Car is ridiculously slow

Sainz out....
    Forza Ferrari

CS below the line

Those McLarens are alarmingly quick.

Forza Jules

Future Ferrari driver for 2025 and 7x WDC title holder gets eliminated from Q2. Big fail. His team-mate advances to Q3.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Hamilton out as well as Sainz.

Forza Jules

Ferrari is like a lost F2 car among F1 cars

1s behind McLaren hahahaha
    Forza Ferrari

This is embarassing, but FV is satisfyed of the direction Ferrari is heading. Great!

Another Ferrari masterclass. The way they downgrade every year after the summer break should be studied. It’s astonishing how bad they are and have been at in-season development. 1s slower than McLaren, battling with Aston. Embarrassing. I had high hopes for Fred, looks like nothing has changed. Our next chance is 2026, he will be fired by then and we start from scratch. Only to be behind again, hire and fire more TP’s, and never win again. The never-ending losing cycle of Ferrari.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Pathetic display from a team with no direction whatsoever. Started as a clear 2nd best team and now barely hanging on to being the 4th best team, brought downgrades and nothing after a long summer break.

But they don't need Newey.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Pathetic display from a team with no direction whatsoever. Started as a clear 2nd best team and now barely hanging on to being the 4th best team, brought downgrades and nothing after a long summer break.

But they don't need Newey.
    I don’t think Newey would change a thing tbh. Our problems start much higher up. Profits on the stock market are much more important than winning. Ferrari cares more now about Instagram stories, clothing, branding and now social justice with Hamilton than winning.

McLaren was nearly bankrupt, selling its F1 cars and headquarters for funding a short while ago. Look at them now.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Another Ferrari masterclass. The way they downgrade every year after the summer break should be studied. It’s astonishing how bad they are and have been at in-season development. 1s slower than McLaren, battling with Aston. Embarrassing. I had high hopes for Fred, looks like nothing has changed. Our next chance is 2026, he will be fired by then and we start from scratch. Only to be behind again, hire and fire more TP’s, and never win again. The never-ending losing cycle of Ferrari.
    We're the meme of F1. Good for being laughed at and being ridiculed, but horribly poor at actually doing the job on track.

It’s all down to suspension of the car. Ferrari doesn’t want to invest on that & they are paying the price now.

They increased the ride height now to compensate bouncing & loosing chunk of a performance in the S1 & S2. It’s 3rd year of these regulations & Ferrari still can’t able to figure out which is the best solution. While others McLaren & Mercs made huge benefits.

And of course Vasseur will find it a good result because we managed to be ahead of AM.
    His attitude of always finding excuses is alarming. And it not about keeping the moral of the team. It's just another one who is only care about his position and to " play" TP of Ferrari. The results?? Who cares?? He's reading them the way he wants and all the top management of Ferrari if you hear them in events/ interviews you think you are watching some else from what they say.
    They value out performance based on last years results and not that they have ruined everything after Monaco.
    So as long as we have more points then last year ,for them we are in a good place.
    Pathetic!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I don’t think Newey would change a thing tbh. Our problems start much higher up. Profits on the stock market are much more important than winning. Ferrari cares more now about Instagram stories, clothing, branding and now social justice with Hamilton than winning.

McLaren was nearly bankrupt, selling its F1 cars and headquarters for funding a short while ago. Look at them now.
    If we give the 12 times WCC and 13 times WDC winning legendary designer full independence and full authority, he will turn this into a proper championship contender.

But that's not going to happen. I just sad that a talent like Charles being wasted by this donkey show of a team. Alonso and Vettel already won championships, so them wasting their careers here didn't matter much. Although, Alonso should've won more than 2 titles.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    If we give the 12 times WCC and 13 times WDC winning legendary designer full independence and full authority, he will turn this into a proper championship contender.

But that's not going to happen. I just sad that a talent like Charles being wasted by this donkey show of a team. Alonso and Vettel already won championships, so them wasting their careers here didn't matter much. Although, Alonso should've won more than 2 titles.
    Completely agree with you.