Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Hungarian GP Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Kudos to McLaren. They are now clearly strong contenders for both the titles. I’ll be surprised if they don’t win WDC & WCC.

Max is now under pressure, you can see the mistakes coming from him in last couple of races.

Ferrari…. Nothing to discuss. It’s their strong track considering Monaco win. Finished P4 & P6 which clearly shows they lost development battle with RB, Mercs & McLaren. Car went backward.
    Yup, we clearly lost the development battle with McLaren and red bull….unless we bring really good upgrades SOON, then we’ll fight for THIRD with Mercedes for rest of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Lando drove away from him on old tyres. Piastri is the most overrated driver on the grid. Straight dropped into a rocket of a car and messes it up that vast majority of the time. Ran off the road twice today, not to mention the other messes he's created this year. Then needs some affirmative action from the team to win a race he was slower in. Fake winner and McLaren are a complete clown team. What a joke. Vasseur better not try this to the team's lead driver in a championship chase.
    Well it'S all true about Piastri having a better start and he was leading on merit, but McLaren has the fastest car and in my opinion they have a shot at WCC and even WDC so they should start playing the bigger game. F1 not a sport about being nice to each other.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Piastri deserved the win, only the pitwall call gave Lando the lead, Lando should have switched early to give him a chance to race for the win. He was stupid to wait so long.
    Norris was several seconds quicker on old tyres and didn't run off the track under pressure like today's fake winner did. It's mental to take it away from him when he proved his speed by first reeling Piastri in and then speeding away.

Don't understand McLaren. In a championship fight 1 point matters and they took 7 away from Norris just to make Piastri happy.
    But more importantly we scored 22 points. Better than last few races! With a better strategy we could maybe have got a podium.
    Max is beatable and McLaren are capable of dumb strategies. It's still all to play for if we could sort ourselves out. McLaren have now
    passed us in the WCC.

Forza Jules

Piastri deserved the win, only the pitwall call gave Lando the lead, Lando should have switched early to give him a chance to race for the win. He was stupid to wait so long.
    Agreed, If pitwall pitted piastri first, it wouldn't come to team orders
    Red is the only color!!!

That makes it 200 podiums for Sr Lewis !! I hope Ferrari will have the CAR for him!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    And look at what happened to mclaren since Stella moved there? They are the benchmark team of f1 now...
    Yep he is doing a great job there.
    Forza Ferrari

Bigger drama today was the Max and team radio, sounds like all is not well within that team
    Forza Ferrari

Bigger drama today was the Max and team radio, sounds like all is not well within that team
    Absolute Brat, the way he was communicating

That was lovely to hear. Long may it continue

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I wish Charles was half as angry on the radio whenever the team screwed him over. Either you commit to a one-stopper and try and be a mobile chicane on hards ahead of the McLaren cars or you cover off Hamilton to maximize the points total. The middle ground on a track position circuit was a massive blow to his chances. It's quite possible Verstappen could've made it with the lead intact to lap 30 with his potential pace and then you've opened up the door for a one-stop upset victory. You could even seal P3 by short-stinting softs in the middle stint to have a safe undercut. Of course I understand why he was upset.

It’s obvious. Every team favours No.1 driver. Even though they say we don’t have No.1 & 2.

Ferrari the opposite, they don’t back their No.1 driver.
    They don't know which driver it is!

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Don't understand McLaren. In a championship fight 1 point matters and they took 7 away from Norris just to make Piastri happy.
    But more importantly we scored 22 points. Better than last few races! With a better strategy we could maybe have got a podium.
    Max is beatable and McLaren are capable of dumb strategies. It's still all to play for if we could sort ourselves out. McLaren have now
    passed us in the WCC.
    It was a matter of time, McLaren to get pass ferrari. Infact it took more time for them. I was expecting soon after their Imola package. At the same time I was checking if ferrari can bring something considerable at Barcelona, they got it but it disturbed the drivability/balance of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Yeah I think Max will be leaving them soon.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Absolute Brat, the way he was communicating
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    yep, he was up till 3am this morning (his time) playing Virtual Spa 24 Hours. He was driving with a negative emotion throughout the race i.e. not enough sleep. It costed him 3rd place.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I guess he might end up at Mercs if the rumours are true.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    yep, he was up till 3am this morning (his time) playing Virtual Spa 24 Hours. He was driving with a negative emotion throughout the race i.e. not enough sleep. It costed him 3rd place.
    He has done it before and won the F1 race, not everyone needs the same hours of sleep.
    Forza Ferrari

He has done it before and won the F1 race, not everyone needs the same hours of sleep.
    Yup. He was doing the same since last 2years.

Not every race is the same or the car setup or are they according to you?

I slept one hour of real sleep Friday morning because of insomnia for a 5 am wake up call, then went by train to the neighbouring region and rode the bike 70 km including up a sizeable hill in 25 degree heat. Was nice being inland for a change. Really nice landscapes. Adrenaline beats sleep deprivation most of the time. I was still really decisive in traffic and close to the potential speed as well. The next night I slept more or less from 11 pm to 1 pm so it catches up eventually but for a day you're usually fine.

Not every race is the same or the car setup or are they according to you?
    Maybe he stays up to 3am every night?
    Forza Ferrari

I slept one hour of real sleep Friday morning because of insomnia, then went by train to the neighbouring region and rode the bike 70 km including up a sizeable hill in 25 degree heat. Was nice being inland for a change. Really nice landscapes. Adrenaline beats sleep deprivation most of the time. The next night I slept more or less from 11 pm to 1 pm so it catches up eventually but for a day you're usually fine.
    Nice comparison compared to an F1 race.

Next race - Spa…!! I assume we might struggle there, expecting P5/P6 finish. Then it’s upto 2nd half of the season, how much Ferrari will improve.

Next race - Spa…!! I assume we might struggle there, expecting P5/P6 finish. Then it’s upto 2nd half of the season, how much Ferrari will improve.
    Spa is a proper engine circuit so there might be a podium chance there. At least it's good that Charles had a clean race and a solid run on a circuit that has not been kind to him in the past.

Just out of curiousity, how has Ferrari been in "improving" in the 2nd half of the season in this turbo-hybrid era?

Vasseur: "regarding the technical organization we will make an announcement after the summer break"

Spa is a proper engine circuit so there might be a podium chance there. At least it's good that Charles had a clean race and a solid run on a circuit that has not been kind to him in the past.
    Yes, it's a speed circuit but also, tire deg. and pit strategy plays a factor as well. Mclarens look pretty much the team to beat.

Just out of curiousity, how has Ferrari been in "improving" in the 2nd half of the season in this turbo-hybrid era?
    Last year 2nd half of the season was good. Even 2021 to some extent was better. Other seasons, not much improvement.

Vasseur: "regarding the technical organization we will make an announcement after the summer break"
    Newey? Considering the downgrades they must have raised the offer for him so I really hope that's the case. Would be a game-changer even if he's only active five more years.

Yes, it's a speed circuit but also, tire deg. and pit strategy plays a factor as well. Mclarens look pretty much the team to beat.
    There are high speed corners?