Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Hungarian GP Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    potentially

but what would probably happen, that is max's strategy, he doesn't seem to like it. but you'd still be behind max. so probably 4th was possible not 3rd
    Leclerc was catching Hamilton and Verstappen and fresher tires, we gave that away for track position we could not hold, and the medium for too long on the last stint as well.
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Big mistake

McLaren are destroying themselves

How is that RedBull still running those things are tanks

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    McLaren are destroying themselves
    Multi 21 round 2

Lot's of people can finally breathe in Mclaren now

Wow, I was not expecting that, hats of to mclaren there
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Wow, I was not expecting that, hats of to mclaren there
    It was the right thing to do

Hats off to them and Lando

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    It was the right thing to do

Hats off to them and Lando
    Yes, for sure it was.
    Red is the only color!!!

P4 and P6 some improvements with this floor

McLaren are clearly a bunch of losers for sabotaging their only hope of a drivers' title like that

Firstappen just got gifted seven points so that the slower driver could win. Back in 2018 I was mad when they didn't move Kimi over in Austria for those three points but this is beyond stupid in comparison.

P4 and P6 some improvements with this floor
    Sadly not enough to challenge McLaren and red bull

Holy cow that was comedy gold from Mclaren.
    Verstappen showed his ture self once again, being a spoiled brat when things don't go his way
    Ferrari... yeah, 4th fastest team, but thanks to Max being old Max we managed to gain something on him.
    Charles finally woke up.

Kinda cool race.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Sadly not enough to challenge McLaren and red bull
    I don’t think our fight is with them… our fight is with Mercedes now. I hope I am wrong

We were the fastest team on track on that Hards stint
    But dropped like a rock on the final stints, even on new tyres we didn't have the pace

I don’t think our fight is with them… our fight is with Mercedes now. I hope I am wrong
    Agreed, we are no match to rb nor mclarens, we are scraping for 3rd with mercs now.
    Red is the only color!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Holy cow that was comedy gold from Mclaren.
    Verstappen showed his ture self once again, being a spoiled brat when things don't go his way
    Ferrari... yeah, 4th fastest team, but thanks to Max being old Max we managed to gain something on him.
    Charles finally woke up.

Kinda cool race.
    Yup indeed still the FOURTH fastest team

Lots of homework for us to do

If Lando thinks he's going to become champion by being a doormat he'd better think again. If that was Max all the engineer would've gotten back was parental advisory explicit content for about a minute and the next minute shouting about being much faster. That's why he's one of the greatest of all the time and Lando is going to be well, not that anyway.

That Stella who was the engineer when Fernando was faster than you did this 14 years later is even crazier.

Lando should break this trophy......again.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Kudos to McLaren. They are now clearly strong contenders for both the titles. I’ll be surprised if they don’t win WDC & WCC.

Max is now under pressure, you can see the mistakes coming from him in last couple of races.

Ferrari…. Nothing to discuss. It’s their strong track considering Monaco win. Finished P4 & P6 which clearly shows they lost development battle with RB, Mercs & McLaren. Car went backward.

By the way I think McLaren is shooting themseves into all of their limbs race after race. They have Lando being the closest rival to Max, but still far away point-wise so giving 7 points away to make 2nd driver happy is kinda dumb in my book.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

By the way I think McLaren is shooting themseves into all of their limbs race after race. They have Lando being the closest rival to Max, but still far away point-wise so giving 7 points away to make 2nd driver happy is kinda dumb in my book.
    It's straight from the Binotto playbook. Jean Todt probably can't believe he hired Binotto and Stella back in his time and neither learned anything from him the way they both mess up trackside operations.

In my view it’s a right call from McLaren. Infact Piastri was leading the race & P2 driver got the strategy preference. Thats not right.
    Neither of their driver is capable to take fight with Max.hence the call is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    In my view it’s a right call from McLaren. Infact Piastri was leading the race & P2 driver got the strategy preference. Thats not right.
    Neither of their driver is capable to take fight with Max.hence the call is justified.
    Lando drove away from him on old tyres. Piastri is the most overrated driver on the grid. Straight dropped into a rocket of a car and messes it up that vast majority of the time. Ran off the road twice today, not to mention the other messes he's created this year. Then needs some affirmative action from the team to win a race he was slower in. Fake winner and McLaren are a complete clown team. What a joke. Vasseur better not try this to the team's lead driver in a championship chase.

Relate this to Silverstone 2022 😜

Leclerc/Sainz…!! Sainz got the strategy but Leclerc didn’t, because Ferrari gave Sainz his first win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    It's straight from the Binotto playbook. Jean Todt probably can't believe he hired Binotto and Stella back in his time and neither learned anything from him the way they both mess up trackside operations.
    Binotto played a very important role in the Todt era, don't be so quick to dismiss his time at Ferrari due to his TP disaster. Same with Stella actually. But as usual you just want to pour your hatred out.
    Forza Ferrari

Lando drove away from him on old tyres. Piastri is the most overrated driver on the grid. Straight dropped into a rocket of a car and messes it up that vast majority of the time. Ran off the road twice today, not to mention the other messes he's created this year. Then needs some affirmative action from the team to win a race he was slower in. What a joke.
    Piastri got off to good start & was leading till the 2nd stop. Norris wasn’t making any in roads nor attacked Piastri at any point. Then why should Norris get that strategy over Piastri.

I am not talking about talent of drivers here, just discussing about Strategy preference.

Piastri got off to good start & was leading till the 2nd stop. Norris wasn’t making any in roads nor attacked Piastri at any point. Then why should Norris get that strategy over Piastri.

I am not talking about talent of drivers here, just discussing about Strategy preference.
    You're not attacking your team mate at a place like Hungary because of the risks involved in pulling a big move. He closed into the undercut window and showed the team he was faster. Then Stella needs to take a look at the championship table and ask himself what the implications are of gifting Verstappen seven points.

Like I said, straight from the Binotto playbook and completely unwilling to upset one of his drivers in order to get your hands on the big trophy in December.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Binotto played a very important role in the Todt era, don't be so quick to dismiss his time at Ferrari due to his TP disaster. Same with Stella actually. But as usual you just want to pour your hatred out.
    Stella was a good race engineer, but whatever Binotto did as technical director was designing the freakshow 2019 Ferrari that dropped half a second every hairpin.

And look at what happened to mclaren since Stella moved there? They are the benchmark team of f1 now...
    Red is the only color!!!

Piastri deserved the win, only the pitwall call gave Lando the lead, Lando should have switched early to give him a chance to race for the win. He was stupid to wait so long.
    Forza Ferrari