Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2024 Hungarian GP-Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Lec even touched the wall on his way out of the pits !!!!!!
    https://x.com/Cl16__FanpageFr/status...80941517836619
    Whats wrong with him lately??
    He isn't himself anymore.
    Maybe the thought of having Hamilton as his team mate next year is affecting him. He probably feels this is his last chance to win a WDC and he is overdriving that Ferrari.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    This looks unlikely. I think Ricciardo and Yuki have more chances to get Checo's seat next year.
    Vettel would come out of retirement to help them out, Ricciardo is not worth another shot at it.
    Forza Ferrari

Vettel is not good enough to drive for Red Bull, but Pérez is completely broken now so I can't rule out he'd do less bad than him. No team should give Pérez a seat next year, it's a complete waste of time for him to continue his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles should start driving for his seat also then.

Sainz already matched up not badly with Max.....
    He’s already driving out of the skin.

I blame him partially for experimenting with set-up every week in & out. This isn’t working for him.

Charles still in P3, even after 4 horrible race weekends.

People here forget one thing, where was max till 2021? Where he had the car to compete with Ham. Now tell me when did Ferrari give a competitive car to Leclerc in 6 years, probably 2022 1st half. Thats it.

Everyone needs a strong car which can race & compete against rival team. Then comes your skill to make a strong car to WDC wining car.
    Currently RB-Max are in that phase strongly fighting against McLaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Anyone who believes in McLaren going from one of the worst teams in 2022 to class of the field while following the same financial regulations as everyone else while Bahrain control the FIA also believes the moon is made out of cheese

Ferrari are the bestest team though. I will never bash Ferrari ever again
    i guess you either forgot or don't understand how the budget cap works, and gives teams that finished farther behind more development budget than the other teams. It kinda throws everything else you say away, so i stopped reading.

do a better job next time

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i guess you either forgot or don't understand how the budget cap works, and gives teams that finished farther behind more development budget than the other teams. It kinda throws everything else you say away, so i stopped reading.

do a better job next time
    If you are a lion, it's quite hard to squeeze through the same door as a normal cat. Essentially, that's what they've asked Mercedes and Ferrari to do. The big teams were sitting ducks when required to spend no more than the poorer teams who already were adapted to that size. The fact that McLaren magically outdevelops anyone else when the FIA president from their owners' country shows up and no questions are asked about those funds makes it even weirder. The regulation you are talking about is wind tunnel time, not actual funds. Needless to say, I oppose that as well. Not allowing teams to spend their profit freely is a massive violation of competition laws and the only reason it can survive is because teams have joined into a cartel for their owners' profits to not challenge it.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 20th July 2024 at 22:05.

If you are a lion, it's quite hard to squeeze through the same door as a normal cat. Essentially, that's what they've asked Mercedes and Ferrari to do. The big teams were sitting ducks when required to spend no more than the poorer teams who already were adapted to that size. The fact that McLaren magically outdevelops anyone else when the FIA president from their owners' country shows up and no questions are asked about those funds makes it even weirder. The regulation you are talking about is wind tunnel time, not actual funds. Needless to say, I oppose that as well. Not allowing teams to spend their profit freely is a massive violation of competition laws and the only reason it can survive is because teams have joined into a cartel for their owners' profits to not challenge it.
    the point you're making now is actually something i can agree with, a team like Haas is never going to be able to compete with Mercedes, and it's dumb to try to ruin the sport to make it so

motorsport went downhill the moment corporate interests started getting involved, and you had the likes of Ford spending a billion dollars in today's money to beat an Italian guy building cars out of his garage.

i'm always one for a good conspiracy story, but i think the mclaren story is more explainable by, they had more wind tunnel time, and quickly copied the best car which was Red Bull, so with that base, they were able to bring update after update using their increase allowance for doing poorly, they're still benefiting from this

to that end, if you think F1 is bad now, just wait until Volkswagon gets involved. They ruin everything they compete in

.... to all what you posted before ...
    If you think McLaren is cheating in a manner where FIA has no clue how then it is Ferrari to blame not to have found the same opportunity as well.

As already someone mentioned: the way back to the top was hard and long for them. But they kept going. Especially after the bad start in 2023 they kept head up and looking forward ... As they realized that they might have an issue in their method of working and processes as in the data the car might have looked good. And it seems especially Stella and his team realized that they need to find the root cause before in their methods and processes to design the car. If not all other cars are crap or just luck in 1st place which end in disasters when upgrading (see Aston Martin 2023)
    So they worked very hard - incl organizational change - to find where their issue is. And from there on they kept going ... little step by little step ... and if I am not completely wrong: Mclaren is one of the view teams which hasn't changed their philosophy of the car for 2024. They build on their 2023 contender where they have massive data for it. Compared to that all the others took a new approach incl. RedBull because they had the impression that their 2023 platform has already reached its limit.

And compared to the others they are very careful with updates to the car - especially performance related updates McLaren (to the overview I have seen on a motorsport webpage) is a less smaller then other teams who struggle now to make their 2024 platform work.

But in your unconsciousness you can blame the system and everything else if you want. Ferrari has everything what it needs (also under actual budget cap condidtions) - it just needs the right management how you put it together. Compared to Mclaren, Ferrari would have the big benefit to have the engine, gearbox all in house to create the whole package and take advantage out of it.

to that end, if you think F1 is bad now, just wait until Volkswagon gets involved. They ruin everything they compete in
    Not sure what you refer to when you say: Volkswagon will ruin everything the compete in.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    If you think McLaren is cheating in a manner where FIA has no clue how then it is Ferrari to blame not to have found the same opportunity as well.

As already someone mentioned: the way back to the top was hard and long for them. But they kept going. Especially after the bad start in 2023 they kept head up and looking forward ... As they realized that they might have an issue in their method of working and processes as in the data the car might have looked good. And it seems especially Stella and his team realized that they need to find the root cause before in their methods and processes to design the car. If not all other cars are crap or just luck in 1st place which end in disasters when upgrading (see Aston Martin 2023)
    So they worked very hard - incl organizational change - to find where their issue is. And from there on they kept going ... little step by little step ... and if I am not completely wrong: Mclaren is one of the view teams which hasn't changed their philosophy of the car for 2024. They build on their 2023 contender where they have massive data for it. Compared to that all the others took a new approach incl. RedBull because they had the impression that their 2023 platform has already reached its limit.

And compared to the others they are very careful with updates to the car - especially performance related updates McLaren (to the overview I have seen on a motorsport webpage) is a less smaller then other teams who struggle now to make their 2024 platform work.

But in your unconsciousness you can blame the system and everything else if you want. Ferrari has everything what it needs (also under actual budget cap condidtions) - it just needs the right management how you put it together. Compared to Mclaren, Ferrari would have the big benefit to have the engine, gearbox all in house to create the whole package and take advantage out of it.

Not sure what you refer to when you say: Volkswagon will ruin everything the compete in.
    well the advantage of building your own engine pretty much goes out the window when they put an engine freeze in..

and really, so you didn't pay attention to LeMan's racing from 2000-2016?... i guess that makes sense, no one else did either, and now you know why.

well the advantage of building your own engine pretty much goes out the window when they put an engine freeze in..

and really, so you didn't pay attention to LeMan's racing from 2000-2016?... i guess that makes sense, no one else did either, and now you know why.
    yes I did pay attention to Le Mans and cudos of this great achievement from Audi to build an car that can run 24h on high level, low consumption ... to build a team that can execute the 24h that well, no matter what weather etc. and keep this motivation over certain years no other competitor was able to do so until 2016 when Audi was certain that Formula E is so much more exciting ...

And even with engine freeze is vital to arrange the engine and gearbox with cooling in that manner that it fits to your aero package and you can play around with it ... as it also affects the rear suspension etc. etc.
    "If I was driving for Red Bull [from 2008] probably I would have more championships, but because they were dominating between 2010 and 2014 probably I would never have driven for Ferrari. I am very happy and very proud to drive for Ferrari, all my time there.

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    yes I did pay attention to Le Mans and cudos of this great achievement from Audi to build an car that can run 24h on high level, low consumption ... to build a team that can execute the 24h that well, no matter what weather etc. and keep this motivation over certain years no other competitor was able to do so until 2016 when Audi was certain that Formula E is so much more exciting ...

And even with engine freeze is vital to arrange the engine and gearbox with cooling in that manner that it fits to your aero package and you can play around with it ... as it also affects the rear suspension etc. etc.
    the point of it was how much money they spent to ruin the sport

rumors are audi spent 15mil per year or more, basically turning le mans into their own marketing machine.

they kind of had to because of the reputation their cars had before that

these are the things that volkswagon can get away with