Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://x.com/f2iryj/status/1810006130698993799

So yeah, you're a liar, and a low effort troll.
    Wait, are we reading the same thing? It's the same as I just wrote, but it clearly shows that Charles wanted to pit himself. Why do you accuse him from lying and trolling? Listen to the radio, you will have better picture about how it happened.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Is it that hard to watch the onboard on F1TV? It goes like this: Charles goes a bit wide in the Village, then immediately says "box". Bozzi says "copy". Then later in the lap around Copse Leclerc sas "my rears are... I'm struggling like crazy with the rears" and "wait a second with boxing, parts of the track are pretty dry still". But coming from Beckets he again says "box box" and Bozzi confirms "ok, we box for inters, leaders still staying out" and Charles then goes in.<br>

So Charles decided himself about boxing for inters. He was slow (slower than everyone infront of him by 5 seconds a lap) himself and made this decission himself as well.
    No need to write stories. I know what had happened today. All I've got to say to you is this: Charles will be staying and Sainz is gone, no amount of vitriol towards him is going to change it.

Nice deflection.

But that was expected from you, weren't you the one who was sad that Sainz is leaving Ferrari instead of Charles?
    I don't think you understand, so let me explain it to you. This is what I said:

"How do I post a video on here. I will prove you wrong."

You said I must prove you wrong without addressing the first part, which is, how do I post a view here. I have a video of Leclerc's engineer telling him that they expect the rain not to get heavier, but I can't share it because I don't know how to.

I hope you understand now. No deflection here.

Wait, are we reading the same thing? It's the same as I just wrote, but it clearly shows that Charles wanted to pit himself. Why do you accuse him from lying and trolling? Listen to the radio, you will have better picture about how it happened.
    Maybe you aren't seeing it? Bozzi saying heavy rain is approaching, which incentivized Charles to box.
    Adami on the other hand saying completely different thing. Hence the twitt I posted wondering whether Ferrari were looking at different weather radars.

The poster I was referring to said, "There wasn't even a discussion or exchange of ideas", which is a big lie.

No need to write stories. I know what had happened today. All I've got to say to you is this: Charles will be staying and Sainz is gone, no amount of vitriol towards him is going to change it.
    No man, you are accusing other from lying and trolling while you clearly see it was Charles's decission to pit. Why are you doing this? Stop being so toxic please. I was (and still am) Leclerc's fan but I'm not blind and I will admit that he is doing poorly the same as I celebrated every success he had. So stop with this ********.

Maybe you aren't seeing it? Bozzi saying heavy rain is approaching, which incentivized Charles to box.
    Adami on the other hand saying completely different thing. Hence the twitt I posted wondering whether Ferrari were looking at different weather radars.

The poster I referring to said, "There wasn't even a discussion of exchange of ideas", which is a big lie.
    Did you watch the onboard? Charles decided to pit after he came out of Beckets where it was raining and he had super poor pace. He was the slowest guy on track basically. Sure, Ferrari is Ferrari and the info wasn't great, but on the other hand Bozzi said "leaders are staying out" as well. So Charles had all the info and he decided to pit. If he wasn't so slow these two laps before pitting, maybe he would have thought different.

No man, you are accusing other from lying and trolling while you clearly see it was Charles's decission to pit. Why are you doing this? Stop being so toxic please. I was (and still am) Leclerc's fan but I'm not blind and I will admit that he is doing poorly the same as I celebrated every success he had. So stop with this ********.
    Yeah, you are posting all the rainbow and flowers here about Charles so far, huh?
    You are the one with toxicity, dude. All you do is bash him, nothing else.

Did you watch the onboard? Charles decided to pit after he came out of Beckets where it was raining and he had super poor pace. He was the slowest guy on track basically. Sure, Ferrari is Ferrari and the info wasn't great, but on the other hand Bozzi said "leaders are staying out" as well. So Charles had all the info and he decided to pit. If he wasn't so slow these two laps before pitting, maybe he would have thought different.
    Yeah, the exchange between Bozzi and Charles proved that there was "exchange of ideas". Charles decided to pit after the information he got from the pitwall.
    Bozzi didn't say to him that: "leaders are saying, we should do as well". Charles said box and he complied.

Bozzi said to him "class 2 or 3", which implied heavy rainfall.

Adami on the other hand fed Sainz correct information regarding the weather, which allowed Sainz to made up his own mind and incentivized him to stay out.

I don't like Fred comments after this race (and last race too)

He basically shifted the blame into the drivers and refused the mistake on the pit wall or even the car was simply slow

https://x.com/f2iryj/status/1810006130698993799

So yeah, you're a liar, and a low effort troll.
    "We expect this to be the heaviest.."

So in your mind this statement mean it's going to get heavier?

Thank you.

The poster I was referring to said, "There wasn't even a discussion or exchange of ideas", which is a big lie.
    Where in the transcript does Bozzi say heavy rain is approaching? It seems like you didn't read the transcripts correctly, which is ironic since you posted them. Bozzi said, "We expect this to be the heaviest," which is essentially the same as saying, "We don't expect it to get heavier than this." How you go from this to "Heavy rain is approaching" is completely mind-boggling.

Charles was clearly told that they expect this to be the heaviest (in other words, it won't get heavier than this), yet afterwards he says he was told it was going to get heavier. He is lying.

Lol I said I was going to prove you wrong, but actually you proved yourself wrong by the transcripts you posted.

In the grand scheme of things Charles' result is almost irrelevant. Right now, Ferrari is moving backwards down the grid. Carlos got the best out of the car today and we are clearly the 4th fastest car. Our strategy and communication matches our pace

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    In the grand scheme of things Charles' result is almost irrelevant. Right now, Ferrari is moving backwards down the grid. Carlos got the best out of the car today and we are clearly the 4th fastest car. Our strategy and communication matches our pace
    Correct Charles result is irrelevant 14 th place says it All.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Where in the transcript does Bozzi say heavy rain is approaching? It seems like you didn't read the transcripts correctly, which is ironic since you posted them. Bozzi said, "We expect this to be the heaviest," which is essentially the same as saying, "We don't expect it to get heavier than this." How you go from this to "Heavy rain is approaching" is completely mind-boggling.
    Leave him to it. His blind love for Charles makes him get defensive and he just cannot digest any sort of criticism towards him. Don't take the guy seriously he posts from his F1 app just to sound important. The guy has zero knowledge about racing and resorts to name calling whenever he gets a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, if it wasn't for Russell with a water issue and DNF'ing, Russell would have won this race IMO. Luck was on Hamilton's side today for winning the race. CONGRATULATIONS to Hamilton....he ran a flawless race.

Not to mention Mclaren not double stacking their driver as well. Mclaren have a very fast car but have made some blunders in some GP's as of late.
    IMO, Ferrari and McLaren have been out of the title contention for so long that the team needs to learn and adept to the competition we have today.
    Merc and Red Bull on the other hand, are battle hardened from their experience fighting for the championship, and I believe that is why they make better decisions in situation like this.

At least for McLaren they seem to made progress in the car performance, and days like these will be where they learn to improve on the strategy side.

Ferrari unfortunately have not addressed the performance side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    True. I'm just disillusioned with Charles whom I thought was champion potential, but yes you're right, we have bigger problems right now than our drivers.

Charles only wanted to do that based on info from the pit. He is not the strategist nor the meteortoligist.
    He is unabble to know if / when the rain will fall, how hard it will fall and for how long.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    IMO, Ferrari and McLaren have been out of the title contention for so long that the team needs to learn and adept to the competition we have today.
    Merc and Red Bull on the other hand, are battle hardened from their experience fighting for the championship, and I believe that is why they make better decisions in situation like this.

At least for McLaren they seem to made progress in the car performance, and days like these will be where they learn to improve on the strategy side.

Ferrari unfortunately have not addressed the performance side of things.
    Good points.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Charles only wanted to do that based on info from the pit. He is not the strategist nor the meteortoligist.
    He is unabble to know if / when the rain will fall, how hard it will fall and for how long.
    Seems like Charles made the decision to pit. You do always put driver before team tho.

A big 104th win for Sr Lewis ! He managed to already avoid a disastrous 3 zero years in a row without a win . His 8th WDC with Ferrari is on the way!

Charles was clearly told that they expect this to be the heaviest (in other words, it won't get heavier than this), yet afterwards he says he was told it was going to get heavier. He is lying.
    Fred:
    On Charles’ side it was a bit more difficult as we gambled and the strategy didn’t pay off. He had a great start and moved up three places then he lost some time getting past Lance Stroll. So, when both Mercedes went off the track at turn 1 in the rain we agreed on the decision to bring Charles in for Intermediates, as an aggressive strategy was the only way to try and move him up the order.
    Charles:
    he rain was increasing from lap 15 and we thought it would get stronger so we pitted for Inters. It may have been an aggressive choice, but it seemed that it could be worth it at the time, considering the feeling that I had in the car and our weather prediction.
    Everyone is a liar and you're a saint!
    Just admit it, you don't like car no. 16 and regard this forum as some kind of safe place to pour your vitriol at him.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Indeed. That is why it is a team and not a one-man island. Ferrari employ different people to do different things.

Indeed. That is why it is a team and not a one-man island. Ferrari employ different people to do different things.
    What do you think of this, tifosi1993?

Yep - which is Williams, for feck's sake.

After yesterday's race, it's obvious we need Newey.

The second half of this year has been quite abysmal and depressing.

Also, I feel Fred's position is on the chopping block.

God, this is INFURIATING.

We may not get Newey.....the news is aka Jermery Clarkson...that he is buying a house in Oxfordshire. It does not bode well.

Forza Jules

Fred:

Charles:

Everyone is a liar and you're a saint!
    Just admit it, you don't like car no. 16 and regard this forum as some kind of safe place to pour your vitriol at him.
    Mate, your transcripts which YOU posted are ample evidence of what happened. If you place more credence on thought-out PR-vetted post-race interviews over a transcript of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, then I'm afraid continuing to engage with you is an ABSOLUTE waste of time.

Im done with you mate. Enjoy your day.

Mate, your transcripts which YOU posted are ample evidence of what happened. If you place more credence on thought-out PR-vetted post-race interviews over a transcript of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, then I'm afraid continuing to engage with you is an ABSOLUTE waste of time.

Im done with you mate. Enjoy your day.
    Would it be possible for you two to agree to disagree. end of.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Would it be possible for you two to agree to disagree. end of.
    I just said I'm done with him. Is that not good enough for you?