Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I just said I'm done with him. Is that not good enough for you?

Forza Jules

Mate, your transcripts which YOU posted are ample evidence of what happened. If you place more credence on thought-out PR-vetted post-race interviews over a transcript of WHAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED, then I'm afraid continuing to engage with you is an ABSOLUTE waste of time.

Im done with you mate. Enjoy your day.
    Yeah, we should take an anonymous rando's word over the words of the team principal and the driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    What do you think of this, tifosi1993?
    Whose words are these? It will be depressing to lose out Newey to Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Whose words are these? It will be depressing to lose out Newey to Williams.
    it would be, it would be a total blow to US that's for sure.

One thing I don’t understand, lets say it is true (even though I still think it’s a nonsense rumor), how can Williams afford Newey??? He would definitely have to take a BIG paycut coming from red bull, NO??? or the huge offer Ferrari are willing to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    it would be, it would be a total blow to US that's for sure.

One thing I don’t understand, lets say it is true (even though I still think it’s a nonsense rumor), how can Williams afford Newey??? He would definitely have to take a BIG paycut coming from red bull, NO??? or the huge offer Ferrari are willing to pay him.
    I imagine it will be Ferrari or Aston Martin that Newey signs for.

True. I'm just disillusioned with Charles whom I thought was champion potential, but yes you're right, we have bigger problems right now than our drivers.
    Look, there is nothing to say Charles isn't champion material. He had two bad qualifying sessions that put him out of place on the grid (Austria/Silverstone). *I didn't see qualifying this Saturday but I assumed something went wrong for him to be out in Q2*. These things happen. From that position on the grid, his race was over anyway. Points was the best he could hope for. Intermediates didn't work out for him and that's that. I can imagine he is frustrated as hell. With a better qualifying, the best he could have hoped for was to finish ahead of Carlos. The cars ahead are too quick for us. The car had terrible traction coming out of slow corners and, as Carlos described in Spain, the front of the car washes out mid-corner and that was quite visible through Copse, Maggots, Beckets hence why Charles took a while to get past Stroll.

Arguing over what Charles did or didn't say over the radio is like fighting for the prize for tallest dwarf in the village. It's irrelevant. Our car is a bit of a dog and that's why we find ourselves in this situation

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Look, there is nothing to say Charles isn't champion material. He had two bad qualifying sessions that put him out of place on the grid (Austria/Silverstone). *I didn't see qualifying this Saturday but I assumed something went wrong for him to be out in Q2*. These things happen. From that position on the grid, his race was over anyway. Points was the best he could hope for. Intermediates didn't work out for him and that's that. I can imagine he is frustrated as hell. With a better qualifying, the best he could have hoped for was to finish ahead of Carlos. The cars ahead are too quick for us. The car had terrible traction coming out of slow corners and, as Carlos described in Spain, the front of the car washes out mid-corner and that was quite visible through Copse, Maggots, Beckets hence why Charles took a while to get past Stroll.

Arguing over what Charles did or didn't say over the radio is like fighting for the prize for tallest dwarf in the village. It's irrelevant. Our car is a bit of a dog and that's why we find ourselves in this situation
    Great post. Totally agree.

Forza Jules

Leclerc and Sainz were given a different set of weather information. In this case, Sainz was given accurate info. & Leclerc incorrect info.

The driver can have an impact with the right communication: did Leclerc have it?

https://formu1a.uno/it/il-pilota-puo...erc-lha-avuta/

Leclerc and Sainz were given a different set of weather information. In this case, Sainz was given accurate info. & Leclerc incorrect info.

The driver can have an impact with the right communication: did Leclerc have it?

I don't get it "why should one team have 2 different weather forecasts"

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post

The difference between finishing 6th and 14th was not the car, it was not the team, it was Charles.

Sorry I'm having trouble reading the article. What incorrect info was Charles given? According to the on-board and the transcript shared here by Tifosi, Charles was told that the rain would not get any worse, and that the leaders were staying out. How was this misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Seems like Charles made the decision to pit. You do always put driver before team tho.
    I am not one to mince my words. And yes of course Charles made the decision. Based on what the input was from the pitwall
    Maybe you need to make a banner and put it on the wall :
    Drivers are part of the team.

You are welcome. This one is a freebie. Next is 50 euro.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Lewis can't come soon enough!

The difference between finishing 6th and 14th was not the car, it was not the team, it was Charles.
    From the article Ntuzak:

Charles Leclerc had information that did not prove correct in retrospect and, above all, was not even the same as that given to Carlos Sainz by Riccardo Adami. In fact, the third sector and turn 15 in particular seemed increasingly wet in Leclerc, but he hesitated to call the box himself because the rest of the track was dry. Slowly the rain seemed to arrive also in the first sector, and from the pits there was talk of an increasing intensity or at the maximum constant, which would however have wet the circuit for the next few minutes. This prompted Leclerc to return, also because his rear tires were not in good condition.

This early call cost him a stint with Intermedie on an often dry track, where the detachment from Carlos Sainz (around 10 seconds before the pit) rose, until he was voiced by the first ones and practically put an end to his run, then having to return for a second pit stop moving to a new set of intermediates. On the other hand, however, Adami precisely indicated the expected rain level in the various sectors and the indications were mainly for the third sector, with a more scrupulous and more correct rain arrival timing (a posteriori). For this reason Carlos Sainz was sure to continue and never hesitated to return to the pits, until the moment when the rain arrived on the circuit.

The communication must be accurate and efficient, which has not happened in McLaren too for example, where Lando Norris was undecided on the right compound to put, with the team that left him the option between Soft and Media, and the English driver who instead counted more on the support of the team, deciding the timing (right), but with the choice of the soft tire that did not prove to be the correct one by the team above all, given that Norris who was still hesitant about the choice of the Rossa (Soft). On the other side of the box, however, they clearly told Piastri that rivals did not own Medie, who believed the best tire at that moment, and the Australian was immediately decided. Mistakes that Andrea Stella had no problem admitting, stating that progress is needed in those areas.

The drivers job is 1stly andore important to drive a car given, as fast as they can ,faster then anybody body else . This is by 90% what makes a good driver, better the the others.
    2nd more important characteristic is to give a more detailed feedback to the engineers to set the car up better or for an upgrade path etc.
    Then there are the others like can read the track faster or better for a strategy.
    But the last ones (the ones that we are arguing in the lasts posts) is the 5 ? 10%? that will influence a result, and a result mostly to and up 5th to 10th.
    This to me is totally irrelevant.
    We can argue all day if Lec did a good job in 2-3,5 races, but right now it's not our problem.
    Our problem is that the team have to deliver a competitive car (all year) almost 15 years!!!!
    That's OUR PROBLEM guys not if Lec is a champion material or not. Put Ves or Ham or whatever you want on this car and they will deliver 3-4 better results ,mostly out of the podium. SO WHAT??!!!
    Let's wait if and when our team design a fast car that keep successfully update it through the year, and if then Lec keep doing mistakes and looses opportunities, and then 1st will say that he is not good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I am not one to mince my words. And yes of course Charles made the decision. Based on what the input was from the pitwall

You never heard the radio did you, just what you want to believe. You will never change from supporting one side of the garage, always have always will.
    Forza Ferrari

Lap 17:

Bozzi Carlos 32.5.
    Bozzi Turn 15 [Stowe] wet. Leader still staying out.

Lap 18

Bozzi And back to mode ‘race’. This should last another three, four laps. And lap times are still for slicks. Inters is one minute 40.
    Bozzi Heavy rain in the pit lane, class two to three.
    Leclerc How long will it last?
    Bozzi Another 10 minutes later. Leaders still staying out.
    Leclerc Get ready.

Lap 19

Bozzi We expect this to be the heaviest. And 10 minutes like this.
    Leclerc At Village, Box.
    Bozzi Copy.
    Leclerc My rears are… I’m struggling like crazy with the rears. Wait a second before boxing because part of the track is fully dry.
    Leclerc Box, box.
    Bozzi Copy, box. We box for inters. Leader still staying out. And target seven

Pretty clear, it was Charles's call and info he was given was not incorrect.

Lap 17: "Leaders are staying out"
    Lap 18: "And lap times are still for slicks. Inters is one minute 40."
    Lap 18: "Heavy rain in the pit lane, class two to three." (he does not mention the track and Silverstone is a big track, only a driver would know which part of the track is wet or dry)
    Lap 18: "Another 10 minutes later. Leaders still staying out." (This is repeat of Lap 17 msg)
    Lap 18: Leclerc: "Get ready" (First indication came from Lec's side)
    Lap 19: "We expect this to be the heaviest. And 10 minutes like this" (10 minutes is repeat msg that rain will not last too long)
    Lap 19:Leclerc: At Village, Box" (Second call, again from Lec)
    Lap19: Leclerc: "My rears are… I’m struggling like crazy with the rears. Wait a second before boxing because part of the track is fully dry." (He knew rain was only for 10 minutes and part of the track was still dry)
    Lap19: Leclerc: "Box, box." (Third call from Charles"
    Lap 19: "Copy, box. We box for inters. Leader still staying out. And target seven" (This is the third time he was told leaders are staying out)

I don't understand how could this be blamed on the pitwall?

You never heard the radio did you, just what you want to believe. You will never change from supporting one side of the garage, always have always will.
    Keep going.
    In the mean time, did you print that banner? Because seems to me you miss the basics and you think the drivers and the team are different things.

Do I need to pull a Greig and quote what you said?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I don't understand how could this be blamed on the pitwall?
    It's quite simple actually. Charles had been told that it would be 10 minutes of bad weather, either class 2 or 3, Carlos on the other hand being told that rain intensity would only last for 2 laps. Charles was informed that rain intensity would be increasing, Carlos being told that intensity would be reducing.
    Both race engineers were looking at the same weather radar, yet giving totally different verbal updates.

Class 2: Moderate rainfall
    Class 3: Heavy rainfall

So, I were the driver and I had been told that either moderate/heavy rainfall would pressist for next 10 minutes, I would've definitely taken the inters. That's why I thought Ferrari made the right decision by pitting Charles for inters, based on Bozzi's instructions.

Keep going.
    In the mean time, did you print that banner? Because seems to me you miss the basics and you think the drivers and the team are different things.

Do I need to pull a Greig and quote what you said?
    Or you could listen to the radio, just an idea. Considering you only ever support 1 side of the garage you are in no position to preach about team.
    Forza Ferrari

After Vettel left, Adami should've been Charles's race engineer. Yet he got Xavi "Slow button on, We're checking" Marcos for 5 and a half years.

Bozzi is new and I'd cut him some slack for that. But clearly Charles's side of the garage is quite incompetent, compared to Sainz's side of the garage.

Charles already had two DNF's (Spain-2022 & Bahrain 2023) because of faulty wiring done by his mechanics, and mistakes like that from professional F1 mechanics are quite inexcusable and one would also expect a team like Ferrari to do thorough investigation, but nothing of that sort had happened.

Charles was desperate the car was a dog no grip no front end he was desperate to find something that worked if anything Charles has no patience.

After Vettel left, Adami should've been Charles's race engineer. Yet he got Xavi "Slow button on, We're checking" Marcos for 5 and a half years.

Bozzi is new and I'd cut him some slack for that. But clearly Charles's side of the garage is quite incompetent, compared to Sainz's side of the garage.

Charles already had two DNF's (Spain-2022 & Bahrain 2023) because of faulty wiring done by his mechanics, and mistakes like that from professional F1 mechanics are quite inexcusable and one would also expect a team like Ferrari to do thorough investigation, but nothing of that sort had happened.
    well then, when sainz leaves, he should get his race engineers, mechanics....etc and let Lewis have all the scraps....i think that is a good and fair, NO??

well then, when sainz leaves, he should get his race engineers, mechanics....etc and let Lewis have all the scraps....i think that is a good and fair, NO??
    So you agree that Adami and the mechanics of car 55 are superior and Charles is having to deal with "scraps" right now. Now that doesn't seem fair, does it?

Faulty ECU caused both retirements was it not?
    Forza Ferrari

It would be interesting to find out how Charles would get on with Adami & the mechanics of car 55 or is Sainz more demanding than Charles????
    Car 55 has the same race engineer and crew that Seb had.

Forza Jules

So you agree that Adami and the mechanics of car 55 are superior and Charles is having to deal with "scraps" right now. Now that doesn't seem fair, does it?
    exactly, it doesn't seem fair, but when Lewis comes he won't know any better. So Charles will have all the "good" stuff and let lewis have all the scraps....lol

exactly, it doesn't seem fair, but when Lewis comes he won't know any better. So Charles will have all the "good" stuff and let lewis have all the scraps....lol
    The trouble with Charles is he's a bit too nice to demand a change of crew which is part of his problem. He needs to be more ruthless. I bet when he arrives Lewis will make demands if things are not to his liking. Carlos is much more assertive than Charles and often disagrees with his pitwall when he thinks they are giving him the wrong strategy.

Forza Jules

Or you could listen to the radio, just an idea. Considering you only ever support 1 side of the garage you are in no position to preach about team.
    Or you could stop thinking that drivers and team are two different thing

Maybe they should just switch them to Charles and see what happens.
    Carlos is on his way out.