Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Häkkinen completely depended on McLaren throughout his career and he reminds me so much of Leclerc. This whole situation is so similar to what it was like for him before Newey showed up.

That being said, Charles got to know when the track is too dry for intermediates. It's not exactly hard when you're out there. Generally, if you're time is still within seven seconds of your best lap, there's no way any other tyre than what you've got on is ever going to work. If the team calls you in at the point just tell them to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Since they took the catastrophic decision to pit for inters and the rain didn't come , they where committed to this mistake all the way because every else could be ever worse. The rain was almost certainly there, it was just a matter of minutes.So yes the laps where passing and he ( like Perez) was destroying his tires but to do what? Pit for slicks for 2-3-4 laps to again pit for inters ? From then on it was a lost cause.
    I think there is no point in trying to convince each other, I think that a driver without a proper sense of the conditions or influence on the team's decision, especially one that failed so often strategy wise, will never become world champion... I hope I'm wrong.

Charles: "I was quite confident that this was the right choice with the information I got in the car.
    I heard that the rain was intensifying a lot and it would be heavy the lap after, the thing is that heavy rain came 8 laps later.
    It actually stopped raining when we stopped and for 8 laps there was no water and we destroyed the tyres and had to stop again. Again a Sunday to forget.."

What I said. In this situations the call is the teams and not the drivers. Especially when you don't fight for top places.

No doubt Ferrari is plagued by bad decision making strategies. I wonder if they are letting the good driver leave and keep the lemon. CL will have a hard time competing against LH. The car is no doubt a mid-fielder dog as it has been since the frustrating SV era. From bad to worse. Go Scuderia!

Quote Originally Posted by rakman View Post
    I think there is no point in trying to convince each other, I think that a driver without a proper sense of the conditions or influence on the team's decision, especially one that failed so often strategy wise, will never become world champion... I hope I'm wrong.
    I agree completely when you have to switch from inters to slicks. There is 100 drivers choice because it's 100 % his feelings on the track and his ability. What happened here was 1000% a gamble from the team .We made it before with Kimi in Malaysia, remember ?

Ham.How many times has he made a pit just then to hear him on the radio arguing with Bono for that decision? Many many times. But on the other hand there where so many years that the team( run) on its finest and where winning everything so they all looked the best. But for me there where not a lot of times that Ham took matters on his own hands and did the opposite/different that Bono told him.

P.S that's why I said that it's the only BAD thing on him.
    I wouldn't say Ham depended 100% on his team. Yes there have been many of those times of doing as told, but there have also been times where he overrid the team.

Just to clarify something. I too believe that Lec has to learn more, damand more about strategies/tires etc. And of course there are drivers who are better then him in this, Sainz 1 of all.
    But a think that championships doesn't wins from driver's choices. It might help in 1-2 races. But in general it's the teams obligation to provide the correct strategies/infos etc . With that you win .
    Let us have a winning team 1st and then we can discuss is our drivers are champion material or not.
    I only want Ferrari to win. Don't care if it's Sainz -Lec, or Tsunoda on the wheel!!!

PLOT TWIST

I just watched the on-boards of Leclerc leading up to his stop for inters. It was all his decision. There wasn't even a discussion or exchange of ideas, he just flat-out called for the stop and his race engineer obliged. I don't k ow what to make of this but it's all rather catastrophic to me. No teamwork at all. It's the other extreme to depending on the team 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I wouldn't say Ham depended 100% on his team. Yes there have been many of those times of doing as told, but there have also been times where he overrid the team.
    And Lec have question/denied a team call.Even in Spain or Austria did it. But ok I agree he needs to be better on it

PLOT TWIST

I just watched the on-boards of Leclerc leading up to his stop for inters. It was all his decision. There wasn't even a discussion or exchange of ideas, he just flat-out called for the stop and his race engineer obliged. I don't k ow what to make of this but it's all rather catastrophic to me. No teamwork at all. It's the other extreme to depending on the team 100%.
    So he is lying that the team told him that the rain will come hard after 1lap?

PLOT TWIST

There's no plot twist... I am saying this for hours now. If you watched the race and the gaps (preferably live timing) you know that after the rain started falling Charles was losing tons of time to Carlos and others infront of him. He was 5s behind and after just 2 laps it was 14s. He either destroyed his tyres so much earlier than others or he was unable to drive these slicks on a damp track. That's why he wanted and needed to pit.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

PLOT TWIST

Why are you lying? Bozzi told him that "heavy" rain was approching, then it started to rain and Charles said Bozzi to "get ready". And after a few corners, Bozzi told him that the rain would persist for 10 more laps, and Charles said "Box".
    Even I thought it was a good decision, based on the information Ferrari was giving him then. But that "heavy" rain never arrived.

So he is lying that the team told him that the rain will come hard after 1lap?
    Yes. In fact, his race engineer tells him quite clearly that this is the heaviest it will get, so I'm not sure where he gets this from.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Why are you lying? Bozzi told him that "heavy" rain was approching, then it started to rain and Charles said Bozzi to "get ready". And after a few corners, Bozzi told that the rain would persist for 10 more laps, and Charles said "Box".
    Even I thought it was a good decision, based on the information Ferrari was giving him then. But that "heavy" rain never arrived.
    No he didn't.

No he didn't.
    Yes, he did.

Yes, he did.
    How do I post a video on here. I will prove you wrong.

Prove me wrong then.

Prove me wrong then.
    Did you read the first part of my post? If you can advise me on the first part then I will prove you wrong. :)

Well, Charles is ahead of Sainz in every metric, whether it's qualifying head-head or race head-head. Whether it's poles, wins or podiums as Ferrari driver. I'm not going to ignore what he had done when he had the car. One or two or three bad races not going to change my opinion on him.
    Bahrain-2019, Singapore-2019, Russia-2019, Spain-2022, Baku-2022, Monaco-2022, Canada-2022, Uk-2022, Hungary-2022...all those victories he had lost because of Ferrari. Sainz never had such misfortunes, simply cause he was never in that position to begin with.
    1. He never had a chance in Canada 22', IDK what you're on about. 2. He damaged his wing in Silverstone and that cost him more than anything. Baku RB were going to overtake him, with or without the engine failure. I'll give you the others, but what about this: all of the times ***** has crashed his car and made the team work long hours into the night to fix it? Now there's an extensive list.

The kid constantly chokes under pressure and makes tons of rookie mistakes still to this day, 6 seasons in. Everyone but his most delusional fans see it. He's a nice kid and everything, but he reminds me of Riccardo. Overrated hype masked by personality.

Did you read the first part of my post? If you can advise me on the first part then I will prove you wrong. :)
    Nice deflection.

But that was expected from you, weren't you the one who was sad that Sainz is leaving Ferrari instead of Charles?

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    1. He never had a chance in Canada 22', IDK what you're on about. 2. He damaged his wing in Silverstone and that cost him more than anything. Baku RB were going to overtake him, with or without the engine failure. I'll give you the others, but what about this: all of the times ***** has crashed his car and made the team work long hours into the night to fix it? Now there's an extensive list.

The kid constantly chokes under pressure and makes tons of rookie mistakes still to this day, 6 seasons in. Everyone but his most delusional fans see it. He's a nice kid and everything, but he reminds me of Riccardo. Overrated hype masked by personality.
    Yeah, yeah, everyone including Ferrari is delusional and you are the one with most sense.

Whatever happened between them we will know. I don't think that's it's like Nzuka says and Lec goes live and say that the team gave him that information.
    But that's not the point.
    Why do we argue?
    Do anyone thinks that we wrongly let Sainz leave and we had to let Lec???
    OK some will but right now I don't care at all.
    The only thing that matters is that the team sacks right now. So if you want to argue about the drivers if they finish 4th - 5th I will not continue because I DONT CARE !!!

To summarize: Ferrari need to hire a weatherman since neither Leclerc from the cockpit or Bozzi staring at the radar have the right expertise on the matter.

Whatever happened between them we will know. I don't think that's it's like Nzuka says and Lec goes live and say that the team gave him that information.
    But that's not the point.
    Why do we argue?
    Do anyone thinks that we wrongly let Sainz leave and we had to let Lec???
    OK some will but right now I don't care at all.
    The only thing that matters is that the team sacks right now. So if you want to argue about the drivers if they finish 4th - 5th I will not continue because I DONT CARE !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    To summarize: Ferrari need to hire a weatherman since neither Leclerc from the cockpit or Bozzi staring at the radar have the right expertise on the matter.
    In Canada, they requested the team to switch to slicks while EVERYONE else was on inters.

In Silverstone, they requested Leclerc to switch to inters, while the top 6 were still on slicks.

Doesn't Ferrari keep time on the others with regards to lap times when switching tires on Leclerc?
    It's not how start but how you finish.

This was a race where Lewis experience of racing at Silverstone made great difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    This was a race where Lewis experience of racing at Silverstone made great difference.
    Well, if it wasn't for Russell with a water issue and DNF'ing, Russell would have won this race IMO. Luck was on Hamilton's side today for winning the race. CONGRATULATIONS to Hamilton....he ran a flawless race.

Not to mention Mclaren not double stacking their driver as well. Mclaren have a very fast car but have made some blunders in some GP's as of late.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

First sighn of a failing driver blames others for his mistakes Charles must own his tyre call not point the finger at bozzi frustration is a drug like no other.Its time for a major reset at ferrari Fred must own up redirect and fix things quickly other wise confidence in his leadership will come into question. FRED stop sugar coating mate and start using better ingredients. THAT REVOLVING DOOR AT FERRARI IS STARTING TO
    WARM.

https://x.com/f2iryj/status/1810006130698993799

So yeah, you're a liar, and a low effort troll.

Prove me wrong then.
    Is it that hard to watch the onboard on F1TV? It goes like this: Charles goes a bit wide in the Village, then immediately says "box". Bozzi says "copy". Then later in the lap around Copse Leclerc sas "my rears are... I'm struggling like crazy with the rears" and "wait a second with boxing, parts of the track are pretty dry still". But coming from Beckets he again says "box box" and Bozzi confirms "ok, we box for inters, leaders still staying out" and Charles then goes in.

So Charles decided himself about boxing for inters. He was slow (slower than everyone infront of him by 5 seconds a lap) himself and made this decission himself as well.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    First sighn of a failing driver blames others for his mistakes Charles must own his tyre call not point the finger at bozzi frustration is a drug like no other.Its time for a major reset at ferrari Fred must own up redirect and fix things quickly other wise confidence in his leadership will come into question. FRED stop sugar coating mate and start using better ingredients. THAT REVOLVING DOOR AT FERRARI IS STARTING TO
    WARM.
    Charles didn't point fingers to anybody, if he really was that chareacter, he would've thrown toys out of his perms after the fiasco that was Monaco-2022, and if not then, then certainly after Silverstone 2022