Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2024 British GP - Practice & Qualifying

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It's so embarrassing all this.
    And I start once again to loose hope to Vasseur.
    Not about the results.
    But because till 2 days ago he was saying that we don't even discuss returning to the previous spec. His exact words where " this is not evolution " !!!
    Now what ???!!!!
    I didn't follow this weekend talks that close, so wait... Fred said that and then we still tested both specs in FPs and decided to go pre-upgrade for quali and race?

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Ferrari outperformed not only by Merc, McLaren, damaged Red Bull, but even HAAS whose updates actually work. Charles outperformed by Carlos once again (I really don't care who was testing what in practice sessions). What is happeneing in that team? We changed the team structure from top to bottom, how come the results are still copying the same downtrend trajectory as they did during Binotto era? We have Fred at the helm, how come Charles isn't proclaimed number 1 in the team and all isn't tailored to him? How is this possible!
    It’s a complete operational failure once again. They are now struck with which direction they should go. Hence these rumours are coming next year they will go with suspension change.

Wonder what will Lewis think now about his Ferrari move. Now that Mercs is back to competition atleast ahead of Ferrari. Because things will improve here on for Mercs that’s their development trajectory.

Either Lewis believes Newey is joining Ferrari or any other big head. Else with current team it’s impossible to compete at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Just accept the reality. Brits dominate F1. Ferrari F1 staying in Italy losing out on top talents.
    fify......Ferrari WEC partnered with AFCorse seems to doing pretty good imo
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I didn't follow this weekend talks that close, so wait... Fred said that and then we still tested both specs in FPs and decided to go pre-upgrade for quali and race?
    He said, don’t want to go backwards again. We need to give a time to this new package & optimize it. On top of it he mentioned, McLaren’s upgrades or development path is not greater than Ferrari.

I don’t blame him, because he is not technical like Binotto.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s a complete operational failure once again. They are now struck with which direction they should go. Hence these rumours are coming next year they will go with suspension change.

Wonder what will Lewis think now about his Ferrari move. Now that Mercs is back to competition atleast ahead of Ferrari. Because things will improve here on for Mercs that’s their development trajectory.

Either Lewis believes Newey is joining Ferrari or any other big head. Else with current team it’s impossible to compete at the top.
    +1

Lewis will still get paid $100 million per year so in his eye's, all he cares is about the money.

I've read a lots of sites reporting that Aston is now the team that looks to be the next home for Newey. If that'S true, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton backs out of the Ferrari drive.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    fify......Ferrari WEC partnered with AFCorse seems to doing pretty good imo
    They won LeMans, F1 team won Monaco. And both will not win their respective championships.

They won LeMans, F1 team won Monaco. And both will not win their respective championships.
    Yes agree. End of the day it’s championship that counts.

He said, don’t want to go backwards again. We need to give a time to this new package & optimize it. On top of it he mentioned, McLaren’s upgrades or development path is not greater than Ferrari.

And it's confirmed that we went with pre-upgrade package? If so, we can then confirm that Shell puts marihuana into their fuel, because Fred and the team are stoned...

I've read a lots of sites reporting that Aston is now the team that looks to be the next home for Newey. If that'S true, I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton backs out of the Ferrari drive.
    I am reading that as well. Still nothing concrete till September where he will announce IF he has any future plans with a future F1 team.

Ferrari lured him many a times, tried to give free hand too. If he isn’t joining, nothing much ferrari can do. It’s Newey’s choice end of the day.

But it’s not end of the word right? How did McLaren fight back without newey? How did Mercs come back without newey? That’s sort of Tech & operational dept Ferrari doesn’t have.

And it's confirmed that we went with pre-upgrade package? If so, we can then confirm that Shell puts marihuana into their fuel, because Fred and the team are stoned...

Yes it’s evident they went with Imola Spec saying that they need more data.

We had Barcelona/Austria (Sprint & Race) wonder how much data they need I don’t understand. Every race week in & out I keep getting the same statements from Ferrari team. Need to collect data on both the package & find the right set up.

It’s time to start new development thread 2025 ferrari car.

We had Barcelona/Austria (Sprint & Race) wonder how much data they need I don’t understand. Every race week in & out I keep getting the same statements from Ferrari team. Need to collect data on both the package & find the right set up.
    That's their excuse which in layman's terms means "We really don't know what-the-**** we are doing!"

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Doomed as predicted .Now for f Freddo to admit ferrari have failed and that the design concept of the car is once again wrong its easy Fred just say it mate and the truth brother shall set you free.

I'm sure those sensors they've put on the car providing them with heaps of data. But do they have people capable enough to pore over them and scrutinize them correctly?

2024 is like 2021, one team started dominantly, but it got washed away as the season progressed. Now, instead of one team, we have two teams that have caught up with Red Bull.

And on both occasions, Ferrari is missing.

I just do not understand why they had Charles on Barcelona spec for all the practices and then changed to Imola spec for qualifying. Surely if they were uncertain they should have split the strategies and hedged their bets. Charles may have performed better on the Barcelona spec and leave Carlos on the Imola spec!!!!!
    Is that just too difficult for them to compute?
    As I sit here in my armchair I feel for those fans who braved the wet and cold to see our team do their stuff. I just hope something happens to-morrow which will bring us up the grid.......but I must be forever the optimist!!!!

Forza Jules

Data Data is that a new song at ferrari.The Data has confused them to the point that they don't know right from left.I agree wasted talent alright watch sainz shine even more when he leaves,Charles will be hung out to dry by ferrari and will become a tortured soul its vital all over again.Summer break can't come quick enough for ferrari. I suspect all will go on holidays and lament on another epic failure.Fred will be sipping champagnes slowly drowning his sorrows with Elkan .

17 years of this being repeated.

Looking at the telemetry, Charles was faster than Sainz before turn 14, where he had that mistake. But it was the first time he had taken turn 14 at full speed on that Imola spec.

Comparing Hulk and Sainz's Q3 lap, the Haas was actually faster than Ferrari in all the high speed corners. Sainz was ahead of Hulk in turn 4, after that the Haas pulled away.

Comparing Red Bull vs Mercedes vs McLaren, that Red Bull was still faster than the other two through turns 11-13, while carrying damage. But there was nothing to choose between those 3 teams.

disaster after disaster, I'm speechless

Boy am I glad I am not watching race tomorrow.
    I'll be enjoying 2nd Metallica concert.

He may still be on Ferrari's payroll but I reckon Cardile must have switched off or is no longer interested in making Ferrari great!!!!

Forza Jules

He qualified in aeronautics and engineering!!but went into motorsport management with F3 and later F2 where he had a lot of success.....Hamilton and Rosberg won with Fred as manager.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    He qualified in aeronautics and engineering!!but went into motorsport management with F3 and later F2 where he had a lot of success.....Hamilton and Rosberg won with Fred as manager.
    Then I correct my statement. Thanks

Well if they can win in Sao Paulo next weekend and do well in rest of the remaining races, then the championship isn't out of the question.

AB-SOLUTE-LY USELESS!

We are a midfield team. That's the truth of it. Because of our brand, facilities and money, we are capable of producing a competitive car at the start of a season but we very quickly settle into our customary midfield position as the season progresses. And then repeat for the following year.