Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Why don’t Ferrari hire him ?
    Maybe they will
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Max doing what winners do, our 2 drivers will be on instagram later.
    Considering the damage caused to LN car I think they treated him softly- preferentially!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Maybe they will
    Yes in 2036

Yes in 2036
    It will be his grandson’s career by then!😂

Yes in 2036
    An old Max cursing his car on the radio would be entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    An old Max cursing his car on the radio would be entertaining.
    To say the least! Jokes aside MV is not going anywhere. He is in a team with the best possible technical department and best strategy! Also he is being paid a sh@t load of money… There is no better place for him at least for the time being!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodtimesF1 View Post
    With the way Max was defending getting frustated/impatient was always going to be the case.
    And that is a true statement of his abilities! He is no rookie! He’s been around for quite a long time and he drives (arguably) the best car in the paddock!

In 2036 Max will one year younger than Lewis will be next year

In 2036 Max will one year younger than Lewis will be next year
    I don’t think he will be in F1 that long!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia rossa View Post
    To say the least! Jokes aside MV is not going anywhere. He is in a team with the best possible technical department and best strategy! Also he is being paid a sh@t load of money… There is no better place for him at least for the time being!
    Of course, I don't think Max would ever driver for Ferrari. Simply cause Ferrari's holier that thou attitude where you can't even criticise the bad strategy on the radio, let alone the car, would ever fly with him.

I don’t think he will be in F1 that long!
    No I doubt he will be around in 5 years.
    Forza Ferrari

What a shambles of a race for Ferrari. A poor grid slot for Charles left him in a vulnerable position. But what was happening to his tyre deg? It must have been a set up issue. Carlos did much better but was very lucky towards the end of the race to gain a podium.
    I know a lot of people here rate Max as the best but he's in a "car on rails" and has a very professional team behind him. The team is built around him and he does not have to drive Checo's car!!!!!!! He's very aggressive though and in 2024 this could be his undoing as other teams close in on RB.
    If only Ferrari could turn things around how the mood here would change.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    What a shambles of a race for Ferrari. A poor grid slot for Charles left him in a vulnerable position. But what was happening to his tyre deg? It must have been a set up issue. Carlos did much better but was very lucky towards the end of the race to gain a podium.
    I know a lot of people here rate Max as the best but he's in a "car on rails" and has a very professional team behind him. The team is built around him and he does not have to drive Checo's car!!!!!!! He's very aggressive though and in 2024 this could be his undoing as other teams close in on RB.
    If only Ferrari could turn things around how the mood here would change.
    The deg was fine on the mediums, it's the hards that caused the problem. Don't attribute our lack of pace on degradation. The pick lap times of Red Bull, Mclaren and Mercedes are way faster than Ferrari, with similar degradation.

The others have overtaken Ferrari on performance, the sooner we accept that fact the better.

Yes and he threw a (quite possible) win with his impatience and his lack of race craft! So to me he didn’t live to the expectations and doesn’t deserve to be DoD!
    Huh? Max was deffending with moves outside of the legality of the rules. Moving during braking (illegal) which ended up with a crash. He even got a penalty. What arou you on about? Verstappen was a pig today. Norris did nothing wrong.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Hulk did the same thing as Norris and earned himself a 10 seconds penalty by forcing Alonso off the track. Norris wasn't side by side with Max before the braking, he came from a long way back and dive bombed, and of course someone like Max would never budge to such boneheaded tactics.
    Norris already earned himself a 5 seconds penalty, so I guess he was desperate. But his desperation wouldn't make up for his lack of race craft.

The deg was fine on the mediums, it's the hards that caused the problem. Don't attribute our lack of pace on degradation. The pick lap times of Red Bull, Mclaren and Mercedes are way faster than Ferrari, with similar degradation.

The others have overtaken Ferrari on performance, the sooner we accept that fact the better.
    But what was happening when Carlos was on the medium and Russel on the hards?? He was able to maintain a reasonable gap in the start of the race when they were on the same tyre but after the final pit stop was not doing much while on the better tyre.. This sounds like a pit wall failure to me or some problem with the car.

How much I want to see Lec be in Norris position. Like start if 2022. Of course a lot will say that he makes a lot of mistakes and he isn't stable, and I kind of agree with that. It's that Lec ,as a character (witch personally I like) , is very much dependent from his team. So as much as unstable his team is, the same will be him.
    Some other drivers might be more stable in a mediocre car , and in the end deliver more results,but for me this doesn't say anything. For me it's not just the results, it's how you earn them and the performance you deliver on track.
    Like today's result. Sai took a podium. For me he ended 5th (the same would be if Lec was his position). This was the cars performance today and that's what i see.
    Lec has shown me many times that he has the talent the craftsmanship of a top driver and a champion, WHEN he has the car to deliver on stable basis. If in 1 race has a fast car and in next not ,then he losses his concentration, his psychology, I don't know exactly but losses his rythm.
    I compared hom with Norris ,because McL has a fast car in every race and their evolution is steady.
    My opinion is that if we had such evolution to our car ,then Lec could fight Max and I bet that he would have won a lot of fights.

And that is a true statement of his abilities! He is no rookie! He’s been around for quite a long time and he drives (arguably) the best car in the paddock!
    Oh yeah I agree for the most part. I do think he went to far in some instances but he is very good in placing his car in a way that makes it really hard to get by unless you have massive overspeed. I really was suprised at how Norris gave up the position in the sprint race. Such a rookie mistake leaving of the corner to a driver who is always going to brake late.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Rumours are that 2nd upgrade package didn’t provide much needed improvement + bouncing + drivability is gone.
    Rumours?

I never liked Norris! And I don’t think he is at CL level of talent!
    Right now, it doesn't matter. Lando fans are better off then Charles fans. Charles can be at whatever level humanly possible, if he's battling with Albon while Lando is battling with Max, it really doesn't matter.

For me it makes no sense to debate about drivers when our car and team are substandard. Ferrari is a complete let-down right now.

Just like the italian soccer team useless a total let down and its a fail from me.

Carlos on the podium was a big deal!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Huh? Max was deffending with moves outside of the legality of the rules. Moving during braking (illegal) which ended up with a crash. He even got a penalty. What arou you on about? Verstappen was a pig today. Norris did nothing wrong.
    Exactly! I couldn’t agree more. I already posted that MV needs to be taught a lesson about racing (it’s not a WWE fight). Having said that I stand by my opinion that LN didn’t have the patience and racecraft to beat him, unlike CL who beat MV fair and square on the same track!

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    For me it makes no sense to debate about drivers when our car and team are substandard. Ferrari is a complete let-down right now.
    Unfortunately we are substandard! And yes we are eagerly waiting for the coming of Loic Serra for that matter!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos on the podium was a big deal!!
    Actually it was an undeserved podium!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    How much I want to see Lec be in Norris position. Like start if 2022. Of course a lot will say that he makes a lot of mistakes and he isn't stable, and I kind of agree with that. It's that Lec ,as a character (witch personally I like) , is very much dependent from his team. So as much as unstable his team is, the same will be him.
    Some other drivers might be more stable in a mediocre car , and in the end deliver more results,but for me this doesn't say anything. For me it's not just the results, it's how you earn them and the performance you deliver on track.
    Like today's result. Sai took a podium. For me he ended 5th (the same would be if Lec was his position). This was the cars performance today and that's what i see.
    Lec has shown me many times that he has the talent the craftsmanship of a top driver and a champion, WHEN he has the car to deliver on stable basis. If in 1 race has a fast car and in next not ,then he losses his concentration, his psychology, I don't know exactly but losses his rythm.
    I compared hom with Norris ,because McL has a fast car in every race and their evolution is steady.
    My opinion is that if we had such evolution to our car ,then Lec could fight Max and I bet that he would have won a lot of fights.
    Yep, agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodtimesF1 View Post
    Oh yeah I agree for the most part. I do think he went to far in some instances but he is very good in placing his car in a way that makes it really hard to get by unless you have massive overspeed. I really was suprised at how Norris gave up the position in the sprint race. Such a rookie mistake leaving of the corner to a driver who is always going to brake late.
    I honestly think that he is overrated! And I stand by my position that he’s cocky and arrogant! The way he was trolling our team showed the kind of character he’s made of!

The McLaren pairing is the most overrated one on the grid. With that rocketship of theirs, they still haven't been able to score a victory on pure pace, have less wins than Ferrari and are still behind in the WCC table.

And as for Charles and his consistency, his top 5 race finishing streak since SPA had ended today. He had qualified on the front row 8 times in a row, which had ended in Saudi. If he really that inconsistent, then how come none of his teammates ever got the better of him over their time together?

I'd criticise Charles if he had squandered cars that were capable of winning the WDC. But Ferrari still haven't managed to give him a car that can fight for the WDC. And that is the main point, this is yet another year of playing catchup, another year of botched upgrades and another year of a car that can't even win races on merit, let alone win the championship.

But Ferrari still haven't managed to give him a car that can fight for the WDC. And that is the main point, this is yet another year of playing catchup, another year of botched upgrades and another year of a car that can't even win races on merit, let alone win the championship.
    I still have that broken record for the past 15 years.
    It's not how start but how you finish.