Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Austrian Grand Prix - Race

Quote Originally Posted by GoodtimesF1 View Post
    Anybody have any board radio's for Carlos? I just can't understand how this happend.. he was 1.8 behind Russel going in the pits. After pits he's on the better tyre but not really catching Russel and now being overtaken by Piastri. There really must be some form of stupidity going on the the garage. This could have been a lucky victory bit we now have to celebrate 3rd. This is nothing but an utter failure.
    Some here will blame the driver.

But the simple fact is, Ferrari is clearly the slower package out the top 4 teams. Another text book example of Ferrari's upgrades doing wonders and making the car slower.

It's a good day of you like seeing Norris moping like a self-entitled brat

+1! If you don’t have a championship winning team that will provide the drivers with the best car and support (pit lane and strategy wise) then it’s all futile! Even with MV behind the wheel of the SF-24 we still won’t win championship!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And when it's all said and done, Charles still P3 in the championship.

It wasn't his fault at the start, it was simply a racing incident.

This car is yet again turned out to be 4th best.
    Rumours are that 2nd upgrade package didn’t provide much needed improvement + bouncing + drivability is gone.

I never liked Norris! And I don’t think he is at CL level of talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    It's a good day of you like seeing Norris moping like a self-entitled brat
    This why I don't understand the praise for him. He's driving in F1 since 2018 and clearly not a rookie, yet people treating him like some kind of messiah. "Norris is doing incredible", incredible what? The Mclaren was the fastest car in Imola, Barcelona and pretty much equal to the Red Bull today, and yet Norris hasn't won any of those races.

Maybe this is one of the perks of being a British F1 driver. Your shortcomings are ignored all the time.

It's weird that when we start with a terrible car, we are able to upgrade it somehow to become competitive through out the season. But every time we start with a competitive car, we screw up the development and always make the car worse compared to the competition.

I bet this podium will now give the team a false sense of security and we will fall down even further... I wish, I wish I was wrong and somehow manage to make a similar jump in performace as McLaren has done, but there is not a single stone laid that we could build our hopes upon.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

He is cocky and arrogant without anything special!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Rumours are that 2nd upgrade package didn’t provide much needed improvement + bouncing + drivability is gone.
    To me, it is simple, the likes of Cardile and co who never won a single title and never produced a car that is worthy of a title, simply don't know how to deliver. What Ferrari need is championship winning designers, people who actually know how to do it.

That is why I welcome Serra's imminent arrival. One of the mastermind behind those title winning Mercedes and knows how to do it.

DoD Lando Norris??!! Give me a break!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuderia rossa View Post
    He was the only one who gave Verstappen a fight. You may not like him but he deserved the DoD

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Lando's little twitch and insta followers are turning up at full force once again.

My DoD is Hulk, P6 in that Haas.

Delete.

To me, it is simple, the likes of Cardile and co who never won a single title and never produced a car that is worthy of a title, simply don't know how to deliver. What Ferrari need is championship winning designers, people who actually know how to do it.

That is why I welcome Serra's imminent arrival. One of the mastermind behind those title winning Mercedes and knows how to do it.
    +1! I kinda liked him in the beginning when Fred kept him… I thought what the heck surely he knows or sees something we can’t! And at the beginning of the season we were doing OK! But once again we failed to catch RB or MCL! And this time we have no excuse!

Would have been a disappointing result for us without Max/Lando incident.
    While I'm glad to see some good luck for us today, we were still being beaten by McLaren and Merc, and thats what bothering me.

Also I wonder what happened to Charles tyre, seems it couldnt last, and any recovery was hampered by the number of pit stops he had to take.

Anyway, well done to Carlos for another podium finish.

Some here will blame the driver.

But the simple fact is, Ferrari is clearly the slower package out the top 4 teams. Another text book example of Ferrari's upgrades doing wonders and making the car slower.
    I feel like this is on the team. I refuse to believe that Carlos was getting the needed info. For some reason I was hearing board radio's for Charles why he was in 18th but zero for Carlos with the podium ahead. Without the the Norris Verstappen incident we would have been in fifth while podium was up for grabs. Do they understand that Carlos could have won if he was told Russel was in reach? I feel like the will to win has left the team.

The puzzle will be completed with the arrival of Adrian Newy! With him joining forces (along with Serra) we will become a formidable force!

The puzzle will be completed with the arrival of Adrian Newy! With him joining forces (along with Serra) we will become a formidable force!
    IF he joins, cause right now I'm not so sure.

Well, first of all AN will not come and Silverstone will be painful

That's hypothetical at the current moment. No one know's where and what Newey is doing in the future.....except Newey.

I have been saying this all along in the "Newey to Ferrari?" thread.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 30th June 2024 at 14:58.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

+1! I kinda liked him in the beginning when Fred kept him… I thought what the heck surely he knows or sees something we can’t! And at the beginning of the season we were doing OK! But once again we failed to catch RB or MCL! And this time we have no excuse!
    Well, I didn't say much about Cardile and simply waited to see how he'd perform. But I wasn't that hopeful, when he said that "suspensions are overrated and it's all about aero". But the SF24 turned out to be good at the beginning so I was happy like everyone else.

But he has clearly proven, once again that, no matter how many times Ferrari promote one of their internal people at the top position, they are simply not cut out for that role.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    He was the only one who gave Verstappen a fight. You may not like him but he deserved the DoD
    Yes and he threw a (quite possible) win with his impatience and his lack of race craft! So to me he didn’t live to the expectations and doesn’t deserve to be DoD!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's hypothetical at the current moment. No one know's where and what Newey is doing in the future.....except Newey.

I have been saying this all along in the "Newey to Ferrari?" thread.
    No it’s not! It’s a wishful thought! Never said it’s a done deal! But with him along the other technical stuff we will become really strong!

Yes and he threw a (quite possible) win with his impatience and his lack of race craft! !
    Even with a 5sec track limit penalty?.......I doubt it.

No it’s not! It’s a wishful thought! Never said it’s a done deal! But with him along the other technical stuff we will become really strong!
    Happy WISHFUL thinking..........

Yes and he threw a (quite possible) win with his impatience and his lack of race craft! So to me he didn’t live to the expectations and doesn’t deserve to be DoD!
    With the way Max was defending getting frustated/impatient was always going to be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Even with a 5sec track limit penalty?.......I doubt it.
    With the tyre situation of MV it was possible! He could push to build a gap!

Max doing what winners do, our 2 drivers will be on instagram later.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Max doing what winners do, our 2 drivers will be on instagram later.
    Why don’t Ferrari hire him ?