Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2024 Austrian Grand Prix- Practice, Sprint & Qualifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Charles makes more mistakes than any other top driver.

Max would put our car on pole.....
    I agree. And Ferrari makes the most mistakes and works updates then any other top team.
    And that's what we saw today.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He’s pushing over the limit. When car doesn’t work around you, that’s what it happens. Everytime he needs to push to the limit.

He needs to cool down.
    It's natural. We saw with Max in Monaco when the Red Bull wasn't performing well and made contact with the wall in desperation. And it wasn't like he was struggling in other places like Ferrari.

Yes, max would have put that Ferrari on pole.

Quote Originally Posted by hakanabi View Post
    Yes, max would have put that Ferrari on pole.
    Against Charles/Norris/Russell/Lewis in that Red Bull? I don't think so.

Max is the best of his generation, but he's not a wizard.

The first 2 sectors of lecs lap was a position 3 contender or not ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    The first 2 sectors of lecs lap was a position 3 contender or not ?
    First sector he was on course for a P3, but lost 1 tenth in the second sector

I think Charles gets a bit hot under the collar when he cannot get what he wants out of the car. He just pushes harder and if the car doesn't respond things happen. He was driving well at the beginning of the season when the car was more responsive.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    He’s pushing over the limit. When car doesn’t work around you, that’s what it happens. Everytime he needs to push to the limit.

He needs to cool down.
    So does Carlos. I agree with Greig on this. Charles makes so many mistakes it's unreal. He has moments of pure brilliance but then cracks on the limit sometimes, where the best guys just don't. Maybe he isn't comfortable in the team, maybe he isn't comfortable with the car (yet he said that this year the car is nice to drive for him), but after 5 years within the team he still didn't grow into the leader we (I) thought he would be.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    So does Carlos. I agree with Greig on this. Charles makes so many mistakes it's unreal. He has moments of pure brilliance but then cracks on the limit sometimes, where the best guys just don't. Maybe he isn't comfortable in the team, maybe he isn't comfortable with the car (yet he said that this year the car is nice to drive for him), but after 5 years within the team he still didn't grow into the leader we (I) thought he would be.
    Name them.

Leclerc apparently was very relaxed and positive during his interview after qualifying

He said the balance was good , the car felt better overall

Charles: T1 and T3 was really really good. I mean I think I was 3 tenths faster than my previous lap so I was really confident and then I got to Turn 4. In Turn 1 and 3, I could brake a little bit later. I tried to brake a little bit later in Turn 4 and I had straight away front lock. I went straight, lost the 2 tenths that I had gained, lost 3 tenths actually because I was a tenth behind. 6 I just went all in [to] see what would happen. Was too much, went in the gravel. Kept pushing in 7, kept pushing in 9 but lost the car so. I think I’ve lost the lap in Turn 4 because once you have locked up the tire, it’s difficult to pick the grip again.
    P3 or even P2 was on the card

Almost every season since 2015 i feel like pinky and the brain. Expectations are high, but every time it ends the same...

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    Almost every season since 2015 i feel like pinky and the brain. Expectations are high, but every time it ends the same...
    I have past that phase of emotions with Ferrari.

I'm numb now and don't get excited or jovial in the season. I just wait mid-season and lose interest for over a decade now when Ferrari isn't winning.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Red bull have a huge talent in verstappen he is all of red bull upgrades rolled into one.Can do what no other driver can do even with a slower car.His newly contacted mate perez in the same car is in no man's land.

The real blame has to be on the engineers for downgrading the already struggling car while a budget cap is going on and every resource has to be maximized. Not even Firstappen would've done much wonders with this tractor At least Charles tries to squeeze out times that aren't there and sometimes that works. It was a mistake for him to renew his contract when a semi-competent team like Mercedes gladly would've taken him. If Charles had left and the team got stuck with Carlos and the overrated lad past his prime that Elkann has dragged in, then there would've been incentives for real change once the failure got absolute. Then I'm talking about swinging around with the veto and not moving some deckchairs around the sinking ship for 'the good of the sport'.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Barcelona downgrades were the mythical 'Silverstone upgrades' either. It's Ferrari we're talking about. Close to a generation's legacy of failure and for me it's getting to double figure seasons in which I will deliberately ignore any broadcasts of the second half of the calendar.

Also, defund dictator-loving Liberty Media. They don't deserve your money for the second half of this mess.

Seven lines of straight keeping it real and have a great evening everyone
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; Yesterday at 18:58.

Max did a 1:04.686 on his Sprint Qualifying yesterday.

Max did a 1:04.577 in qualifying today.

So he's off a tenth...and did better.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The real blame has to be on the engineers for downgrading the already struggling car while a budget cap is going on and every resource has to be maximized. Not even Firstappen would've done much wonders with this tractor At least Charles tries to squeeze out times that aren't there and sometimes that works. It was a mistake for him to renew his contract when a semi-competent team like Mercedes gladly would've taken him. If Charles had left and the team got stuck with Carlos and the overrated lad past his prime that Elkann has dragged in, then there would've been incentives for real change once the failure got absolute. Then I'm talking about swinging around with the veto and not moving some deckchairs around the sinking ship for 'the good of the sport'.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Barcelona downgrades were the mythical 'Silverstone upgrades' either. It's Ferrari we're talking about. Close to a generation's legacy of failure and for me it's getting to double figure seasons in which I will deliberately ignore any broadcasts of the second half of the calendar.

Also, defund dictator-loving Liberty Media. They don't deserve your money for the second half of this mess.

Seven lines of straight keeping it real and have a great evening everyone
    i agree with all of this sadly

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree with all of this sadly
    The bare minimum for Ferrari to accept a budget cap should be to have teams with greater revenue say a 100 million dollar profit being allowed five in-season tests to verify their upgrades before they go to the track. Elkann has the veto in his hand to stop the in-season testing ban completely but does nothing when a compromise like this could be reached via coercion. I can virtually guarantee that Mercedes would agree with a lifting of testing restrictions as well so it's not like Ferrari would be alone. Being able to take downforce upgrades to Mugello and mechanical grip upgrades to Fiorano or the 90-degree turns and hairpins of Misano would be a game-changer. It's painfully obvious how much this hurts Ferrari.

Blah blah buget cap excuses while others make faster cars and better upgrades.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    The real blame has to be on the engineers for downgrading the already struggling car while a budget cap is going on and every resource has to be maximized. Not even Firstappen would've done much wonders with this tractor
    Perez makes the Red Bull look like a tractor also.....maybe our problems are not all car related....blah blah buget cap.
    Forza Ferrari

Perez makes the Red Bull look like a tractor also.....maybe our problems are not all car related....blah blah buget cap.
    Yes, it’s the drivers like it was when we had Kimi, Vettel, Alonso, Prost, Mansell just to name a few

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Yes, it’s the drivers like it was when we had Kimi, Vettel, Alonso, Prost, Mansell just to name a few
    Not saying it’s the engineers fault completely, this is peak tech, it’s not an easy job at all, but these upgrades have clearly not worked. Hopefully like last year we can turn around.

Let’s not forget that last year our team managed to do some decent in season development

Leclerc and Sainz somehow reminds me of the duo of Massa and Kimi when they lost the WDC with a dominant car because there was no clear leader. Of course, we don't have such a machine now, but I don't see a clear leader and a specific direction where we want to go. For example with RBR it was always clear that they would give their all to their best pilot. But with Ferrari it's somehow not like that and the signing of the contract with Hamilton shows very well that there is no consistency within the team. At the same time, it's worth reminding everyone that they fired Seb in order to focus on Leclerc and avoid unnecessary tension in the team. What the hell is going on with my team...
    Last edited by ferras; Today at 04:11.

Quote Originally Posted by ferras View Post
    Leclerc and Sainz somehow reminds me of the duo of Massa and Kimi when they lost the WDC with a dominant car because there was no clear leader. Of course, we don't have such a machine now, but I don't see a clear leader and a specific direction where we want to go. For example with RBR it was always clear that they would give their all to their best pilot. But with Ferrari it's somehow not like that and the signing of the contract with Hamilton shows very well that there is no consistency within the team. At the same time, it's worth reminding everyone that they fired Seb in order to focus on Leclerc and avoid unnecessary tension in the team. What the hell is going on with my team...
    A very good post. I've been asking the same thing. People always say Ferrari need a leader to guide them, but if the team refuses to treat their driver, in this case, Charles, as a leader, then I don't know how anyone can expect him to lead.
    When Max joined Red Bull, he was treated as the de facto Number 1 driver from the get-go. That has never been the case with Charles at Ferrari.
    I'm not going to fill up this page with events that had happened in 2022-2023. But I must say this, it is very weird to give the new upgrade package to a driver who's leaving over the one who's staying, something had would never have happened in Red Bull, or the Ferrari of old.
    But again, that has never been the case at Ferrari. Charles Leclerc, for whatever reason, never had his preference regarding the car setup or his feedback, taken into account.

Ferrari was never sure who should be the #1 driver. Carlos never drove like he should move over.

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Kimi won a title, Alonso should have as well if not for the pitwall, Vettel had the car but turned into a ballerina, Prost was taken out in revenge by Senna.
    Forza Ferrari

With the kind of form and speed Max has shown in the last couple of days, it looks unlikely that anyone would catch him in today's race but we may see a good battle for the second and third place between McLaren, Ferrari, and Mercedes.

RUSSELL gets the win !!!!!