Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Austrian Grand Prix- Practice, Sprint & Qualifying.

I missed the sprint quali but it seems to have been the one to miss!!!!!
    Oh to be the fly on the wall in that Ferrari garage behind closed doors. I think Charles has run out of patience and the honeymoon with Bozzi is over.
    Let's hope they field a very fast car to-morrow.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    What's the "we" stuff? None of us work for Ferrari.

Development issues, bad strategy, and poor race execution could all be understood. Mercedes has all of that right now, in case you haven't noticed.

Binotto's problem was scolding his driver in public, getting caught cheating, and walking away from the pit wall when the strategy backfired, and deserting his team at their lowest points. That's what's was unforgivable about Binotto, and why he had to go.
    No Binotto's problem was the team didn't work. Just as it doesn't work now. We believed in him at the beginning as well before it went down the hill. And what's happening last 3 races really reminds me those times.

And if you don't get that "we" stuff, you are not real Ferrari fan as you would know, that even though we don't work for team, we live Ferrari.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah, cause Stroll and Russell are the same....
    Russell beat Hamilton in points in 2022.

Hamilton beat Russell in points in 2023.

Russell has outqualified Hamilton 9 to 2 so far for 2024 and is beating Hamilton in points......and the season isn't even over yet.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Leclercs garage incompetence again. Best not to get your hope high every race weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Russell beat Hamilton in points in 2022.

Hamilton beat Russell in points in 2023.

Russell has outqualified Hamilton 9 to 2 so far for 2024 and is beating Hamilton in points......and the season isn't even over yet.
    And? The discussion wasn't about who is the better Mercedes driver. It was about Alonso and him currently getting beat by one of the worst driver in F1.

And? The discussion wasn't about who is the better Mercedes driver. It was about Alonso and him currently getting beat by one of the worst driver in F1.
    You made the comparison of "Stroll and Russell are the same." I didn't bring Russell into the debate.

I'm just comparing and explaining to you that Russell and Stroll ARE NOT THE SAME when compared to their team-mates.

Alonso is FAAAAAR a better F1 driver than Stroll in 2023 and 2024 with regards to points.

You made the comparison of "Stroll and Russell are the same." I didn't bring Russell into the debate.

I'm just comparing and explaining to you that Russell and Stroll ARE NOT THE SAME when compared to their team-mates.

Alonso is FAAAAAR a better F1 driver than Stroll in 2023 and 2024 with regards to points.
    I didn't make any comparison. I said Alonso should consider retirement because right now he's getting beat by Stroll. Then you butted in the conversation and brought up Hamilton, hence my initial response to you.
    Again, I wasn't talking about how many points Alonso had scored, because he should always out-score someone like Stroll. My point was whether he should remain in F1 after getting out-qualified by Stroll once again.

Expecting a typical Ferrari TP like response from our TP:

"Charles P10? Doesn't matter and I doubt he would've qualified higher anyway"
    really he said that?? and of course, with a POS car Ferrari presented him i doubt he would have done better than that....OK maybe P6

Ferrari needs to put their head down, work hard adn bring some valuable upgrades worth mentioning to the traks....kind of like what McLaren did

as Mclaren are a serious threat to red bull/Max for this years championship.....for us, we'll be lucky if we finish 4th in teh standings

And now everybody (in the team) gonna deal what happend to Lec "so that will never happen again" (oohh boy how many times we have heard that)
    Like the performance was there and we just mished pole due to an unexpected incident .
    Or they still have some excuses track / conditions related?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is unacceptable!!! This is amateurs level! Like this they will NEVER win CWC or WDC!!!
    back to the CLOWNS show as we were in the Binotto era

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    really he said that?? and of course, with a POS car Ferrari presented him i doubt he would have done better than that....OK maybe P6

Ferrari needs to put their head down, work hard adn bring some valuable upgrades worth mentioning to the traks....kind of like what McLaren did

as Mclaren are a serious threat to red bull/Max for this years championship.....for us, we'll be lucky if we finish 4th in teh standings
    No, he hasn't said that, yet, but that's what I'm expecting him to say, after his comments in the last race. We all know Charles was saving tyres and could've finished ahead of both the Merc, if it hadn't been for Sainz's shenanigans.
    But Vasseur pretty much dumped on Charles after the race and said it didn't matter, and kept on rambling about our qualifying position.
    When the team instructed both to look after their tyres and when the one leaving ignored that instruction and had gone for a dive bomb, you'd expect Ferrari's TP to be at least a bit annoyed with that driver.

Looking at Sainz's lap times:
    S1: 1 - 1.5 tenths slower than Max/Lando
    S2: basically even with them
    S3: 2 - 2.5 tenths slower than Max/Lando
    Sector 1 is 1 high speed corner + 2 straight. Sector 3 is all high speed corners. Once again we struggle with them, similar to Barcelona's sector 2
    Where is the car that was excellent in high speed corners in early of the season ? All the advantage in high speed corners of SF-24 is GONE

I didn't make any comparison. I said Alonso should consider retirement because right now he's getting beat by Stroll. Then you butted in the conversation and brought up Hamilton, hence my initial response to you.
    Again, I wasn't talking about how many points Alonso had scored, because he should always out-score someone like Stroll. My point was whether he should remain in F1 after getting out-qualified by Stroll once again.
    It's a knee-jerk reaction on your part just because "Stroll is beating Alonso right now."

So, should Hamilton consider retirement when Russell beat Hamilton in the points in 2022?

It's a knee-jerk reaction on your part just because "Stroll is beating Alonso right now."

So, should Hamilton consider retirement when Russell beat Hamilton in the points in 2022?
    Are you really that dumb?

apparently he is

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Looking at Sainz's lap times:
    S1: 1 - 1.5 tenths slower than Max/Lando
    S2: basically even with them
    S3: 2 - 2.5 tenths slower than Max/Lando
    Sector 1 is 1 high speed corner + 2 straight. Sector 3 is all high speed corners. Once again we struggle with them, similar to Barcelona's sector 2
    Where is the car that was excellent in high speed corners in early of the season ? All the advantage in high speed corners of SF-24 is GONE
    The lack of downforce in high speed was quite evident. Sainz had to deal with understeer in high speed corners, while both Max and Norris had no such problems. Both of them able to hit the apex and their car was compliant, which Sainz couldn't even hit the apex and was washing away from the corner.

This is a complete turnaround of the car characteristics. The SF24 was equal to the Red Bull in the high speed corners of Jeddah, Australia and Miami. And now it can't even keep up with the Mclaren.

apparently he is
    Are both of you that obtuse?

You guys put qualifying results in front of seasonal points when comparing team-mates?

Alonso is beating Stroll in both categories in 2023 and 2024.

Russell the same in 2022 and 2024.

Russell and Stroll ARE NOT THE SAME!!!

I think when Sainz leaves Charles should swap to his garage and personnel of course. Maybe he would have some luck. I think Michael did this (maybe I have got that wrong)

Forza Jules

The lack of downforce in high speed was quite evident. Sainz had to deal with understeer in high speed corners, while both Max and Norris had no such problems. Both of them able to hit the apex and their car was compliant, which Sainz couldn't even hit the apex and was washing away from the corner.

This is a complete turnaround of the car characteristics. The SF24 was equal to the Red Bull in the high speed corners of Jeddah, Australia and Miami. And now it can't even keep up with the Mclaren.
    so did the "new upgrades" as of late made us go backwards then???

apparently he is
    Definitely.

It looks like they propably solve some problems they ment to be ,so we made progress by them, BUT they created others ,like the suddenly the porpoising emerged again from Spain . Vasseur referred to it again today that cause us a problem.
    so now we look to be at lost on what to do. we fix something just to creat another problem ,will other make small steady improvements and it looks we are going backwards.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Apparently. Formu1a.uno guys are saying that the new floor is producing too much downforce and brought back porpoising, so the upgrades Ferrari brought turned to be a dud, once again.
    I can't believe they made the same mistakes that others and Ferrari themselves have made in the past, yet again. Red Bull have showed time and time again that stable platform is more important than pure downforce, and now both Mclaren and Mercedes are following that route.
    Today Mclaren brought another front suspension upgrade and Ferrari barely touched their own suspension in this ground effect era. But Cardile said "suspensions are overrated", so I'm not surprised in that regard.

now both Mclaren and Mercedes are following that route.
    Today Mclaren brought another front suspension upgrade and Ferrari barely touched their own suspension in this ground effect era. But Cardile said "suspensions are overrated", so I'm not surprised in that regard.[/QUOTE]
    No more excuses 4th best team.Ferrari have gone backwards they can put all the spin they want on the car.Maclaren on fire.

Definitely.
    Alonso has accumulated over 80% of AMRF1's points in 2023 while Stroll was his team-mate.

Alonso has accumulated 70% of AMRF1's points so far in 2024 while Stroll is his team-mate still.

And you want to get rid of Alonso? Sound pretty asinine to me.

Apparently. Formu1a.uno guys are saying that the new floor is producing too much downforce and brought back porpoising, so the upgrades Ferrari brought turned to be a dud, once again.
    I can't believe they made the same mistakes that others and Ferrari themselves have made in the past, yet again. Red Bull have showed time and time again that stable platform is more important than pure downforce, and now both Mclaren and Mercedes are following that route.
    Today Mclaren brought another front suspension upgrade and Ferrari barely touched their own suspension in this ground effect era. But Cardile said "suspensions are overrated", so I'm not surprised in that regard.
    clearly the suspension philosophy every other team has is able to cope with adding downforce no problem

to fix that you have to write off two seasons now because no chance Ferrari changes suspension philosophy and gets it right from the get go

Any comparison of this team with the Binotto era is at least offensive.
    Sure we 've had some incidents as of late but I suggest to those that have lost their cool to have a cold shower and relax a little.

Noone liked the late results, let alone the latest one.
    But, like always, we'll persevere.

It's not easy to be a Tifoso. Is that news?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Any comparison of this team with the Binotto era is at least offensive.
    Sure we 've had some incidents as of late but I suggest to those that have lost their cool to have a cold shower and relax a little.

Noone liked the late results, let alone the latest one.
    But, like always, we'll persevere.

It's not easy to be a Tifoso. Is that news?
    is really isn't

but your posts are so cool, encouraging, informative, and down to earth. You're a breath of fresh air. Please don't stop.

Anyone out there?

Good opening lap for Charles.
    Forza Ferrari

Very good start from our boys