Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Spanish GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    All true, and all the more reason to not get dramatic and depressed when every race doesn't go Ferrari's way.

Mercedes have been steamrolled under the regs, and have only managed one single victory. How do you think their fans feel?
    Look . the image right now and on the last 2 races is that we are 4th fastest team. So our feelings are this . Dont care about what happed earlier in the year. Right know i see McL brought upgrades in Miami and never looked back. They never missed a race and not be able to fight for poles and wins. And what i first see and accept is their performance on track and nor the result .I dont care that we ended 5-6 just for the points, but that that is what we truly deserved performance wise. That was our ceiling.The sadest moment for me in the entire race (and thats how i "read" races / performance ) was when 2 times Lec where on track with Norris on the same tires ,the same age and the same strategy.AND Norris was lapping 0.5+/lap faster then Lec !!! And you whant me to say "oohh but we have more wins then them, or last year we finished ahead of them "? Even Merc that till 3 races ago we didnt consider them on the same level ,now they where slightly faster then us . So again the past is just for therapy talking. Only matters what happend 2 hours ago . And the outcome is we are 4th fastest. Now ok thats it ,nothing more to say then accept it for now and hope for something better next time.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Firmly 4th fastest team, great developments.
    Wow Grieg, I’d never thkught I’d hear this from you in a MILLION years; Just exactly HOW many 🍺 have yiou had

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And chewing up his tyres, costing the team in the process and finishing behind Charles anyway, as usual.

Enjoy the Williams/Audi ride Sainz, where you belong.
    I'm sure he will laugh a lot when those Audi checks are rolling in.

There's really only one place to pass at Barcelona, and that's turn 1 for the most part. Ferrari wanted a touch more straight line speed against McLaren. It's no secret they've been searching for that.

I'll bet you in Austria the car is right with McLaren again.
    And you make up times in the corner at Barcelona, not on the straight. It is a high downforce track with abrasive surface, meaning high tyre wear, and no sane would run a low drag setup here.
    Austria on the other hand has only 8 corners, so everyone would focus on low drag setup there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Ross the boss is killing it today with great posts taking down the all the low information Ferrari fans!
    You man have serious problem against me !!! Can i ask why ?? And what the "low information" is that ?? You have higher, bacause basides just talking fairytales' i havent hear you say anytihng to realy justify our Image. Even tifosi speaking the truth bacause IT IS WHAT IT IS !!
    You And Ross and just " You guy are pathetic, Doesnt matter if we are 0.5s slower, 5 races ago we where faster" And we are delusional, not you ????!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Updates THAT WORK should be on that list as well.
    There I fixed that for ya

I'm sure he will laugh a lot when those Audi checks are rolling in.
    And getting lapped by Ferrari would make him laugh even more.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    And you make up times in the corner at Barcelona, not on the straight. It is a high downforce track with abrasive surface, meaning high tyre wear, and no sane would run a low drag setup here.
    Austria on the other hand has only 8 corners, so everyone would focus on low drag setup there.
    Agreed, but I'm just saying that even the upgrades have been a huge disappointment thus far, I'm more optimistic for Austria and Silverstone, where they'll get a true test.

If they fail hard there then, yes, something more serious is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Wow Grieg, I’d never thkught I’d hear this from you in a MILLION years; Just exactly HOW many  have yiou had
    Greig ain't delusional. It's foolish to ignore what is happening on track.

Agreed, but I'm just saying that even the upgrades have been a huge disappointment thus far, I'm more optimistic for Austria and Silverstone, where they'll get a true test.

Ok this is a post that i agree. I might have put the mark some races ago, you say to wait til Silverstone. I repsect that !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And I'd be happy if Ferrari qualifies on pole at the aforementioned circuits and wins. But right now, I don't see it happening.

Aus & monaco aren’t representative tracks. You are going by those where Ferrari won & expecting they have a fast car or atleast competitive car.

Going by last two upgrades & 3-4 races, Ferrari isn’t the 2nd best car. They finished this race way behind the next competitors.

All of a sudden you expect them to be strong in Austria & Silverstone? I don’t think so.

Fast car will always be fast at 99% of the tracks.
    1-2 tracks may be exempted. Ferrari isn’t the fast car.

Not sure what the 2 upgrades are aimed at, I didn’t give them any performance.

Kick Sainz out for Ausria, no longer a team player.
    Forza Ferrari

I'm more disappointed about the fact that it is McLaren that is now matching Red Bull instead of us, than our race result today.

Wow Grieg, I’d never thkught I’d hear this from you in a MILLION years; Just exactly HOW many  have yiou had

hahaha maybe 1 too many
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    one track mate, spielberg, power sensitive, rear limited, Leclerc won in 2022, where Ferrari tyre advantage was class of the field, things change week to week
    Yeah, but that was the f-175, a car that although had still had some porpoising, it was a fast car before the TD39 was introduced and well you know the rest how our wings got clipped

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    What did he do?
    Ignore team briefing before the race (which both drivers would not attack each other and save tyres)

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Ignore team briefing before the race (which both drivers would not attack each other and save tyres)
    Thanks, I see.

Charles Leclerc:
    “The fight was not fair, but above all not just at that moment, because it was the time when we knew we both had to save the tires, especially in the last corner: obviously in that particular lap, I saved as I had to in the last corner, but I saw Carlos didn’t save at all and overtook me at the end of the straight,” said the Monegasque in his post-race interview for Sky Sport F1. “In the end, it went like that, but there was no need to take this risk, taking the corner as if it wasn’t there. Unfortunately, he damaged my left front wing, which cost us some time. We will talk within the team at the end.” The two already had a first confrontation in the pit lane, but it will surely be a heated briefing.

https://scuderiafans.com/charles-lec...wing-spain-gp/

At least we are 2nd in the WCC so far but Charles has dropped to 3rd in WDC while Lando takes 2nd. We need to find the right set up soooooooooooon.

Forza Jules

How does Norris get “Driver of the Day”?
    He starts on pole, drops to third after first turn, and loses race to Max.
    Why would he even get nominated for it?

OMG! A racecar driver that's getting dumped by a team who's fans hated him over St Leclerc from day one, was only thinking of himself?! SAY IT ISN'T SO!
    With a name like RossTheBoss, surely you can appreciate Ferrari backing a clear #1 and having a number 2.

I appreciate Carlos being a racer, but if the team discussed strategy he is wrong for going against it on lap 1. Then he wonders why he is out of a seat and going to be forced to sign with last place Williams. What a smooth operation that will be lmao.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Wow Grieg, I’d never thkught I’d hear this from you in a MILLION years; Just exactly HOW many �� have yiou had
    He’s got a new attitude towards the team and I like it!

Or he’s trolling us all. lol, either way - Cheers
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 23rd June 2024 at 16:54.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    He’s got a new attitude towards the team and I like it!

Or he’s trolling us all. lol, either way - Cheers
    That Charles can moan and complain what race strategy sainz pass was fair.He is becoming a premadona can't take the heat,put your head down and shut up,with hamilton arriving two things are going to happen Charles is going to moan louder and complain playing into Hamilton's hands his weakness is exposed and its pressure Charles comes undone way to often.He must change his mind set.Lewis has a greater technical ability and will get the better of Charles in an under performing car similar to sainz.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    With a name like RossTheBoss, surely you can appreciate Ferrari backing a clear #1 and having a number 2.

I appreciate Carlos being a racer, but if the team discussed strategy he is wrong for going against it on lap 1. Then he wonders why he is out of a seat and going to be forced to sign with last place Williams. What a smooth operation that will be lmao.
    When you're fighting titles, it makes sense to have a #1 driver. Not when you're fighting for P2 or P3 in a championship.

Mercedes let their guys race.

When you're fighting titles, it makes sense to have a #1 driver. Not when you're fighting for P2 or P3 in a championship.

Mercedes let their guys race.
    What are you on about? This year it'S a fight for the championsip. The ´margins on top are way smaller than last few years and McLaren shows, you can fight.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Yeah, Mercedes let them race and there's a big reason for it. Lewis won 5 titles with them and he has been with Mercedes since 2014. He's their legend, regarded as one of the best in this sport and Mercedes trust his ability as a racer on track, and Lewis pretty much always keeps it clean.

And Sainz is none of that, and nor will he ever be. He got rejected by all the top teams, and that must hurt his ego more than the thrashing he's currently getting on track. Which probably explains his boneheaded move today.

But Ferrari need to put the foot down. Enough with the "fairness". Have Bearman onboard if Sainz becomes too much of a nuisance.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Kick Sainz out for Ausria, no longer a team player.
    Was he ever a team player?

McLaren have the fastest car now I think. I think Max is getting way more out of the car than people are giving him credit for. When you see the gap to Perez (regardless how poor he is) it's quite incredible.

There's not much between us and Mercedes to be honest.

It's discouraging because it seems like we've gone from understanding the car back to not understanding despite the supposed upgrades which I'm sure have helped but it seems like it's narrowed the window of understanding how the car behaves, just seems like we can't set it up that easy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    That Charles can moan and complain what race strategy sainz pass was fair.He is becoming a premadona can't take the heat,put your head down and shut up,with hamilton arriving two things are going to happen Charles is going to moan louder and complain playing into Hamilton's hands his weakness is exposed and its pressure Charles comes undone way to often.He must change his mind set.Lewis has a greater technical ability and will get the better of Charles in an under performing car similar to sainz.
    I agree with part of what you say.
    I am a big fan of Charles but I think he needs to calm down and not over react to complications on track. Hamilton will capitalize on any weakness and use it to his advantage. But Lewis does not get good results in an under performing car........that is where I think Charles would have the edge.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    McLaren have the fastest car now I think. I think Max is getting way more out of the car than people are giving him credit for. When you see the gap to Perez (regardless how poor he is) it's quite incredible.

There's not much between us and Mercedes to be honest.

It's discouraging because it seems like we've gone from understanding the car back to not understanding despite the supposed upgrades which I'm sure have helped but it seems like it's narrowed the window of understanding how the car behaves, just seems like we can't set it up that easy anymore.
    I still think that Red Bull has the fastest car, it is just Perez who seems to be struggling. After a big disappointment in Canada, P5 and P6 is not a bad result for Ferrari who came into the weekend after their significant upgrades. The upgrades looked to work well for the team and I expect even better performance in the upcoming races. I expect to see at least one Ferrari driver on the podium next Sunday in Austria.