Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Spanish GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    they need to sort out the updates, that's for sure

but, i think rear limited track will be more kind, but they do have to fix things for that to be true

the whole idea that this track is so representative of the season isn't even true anymore when we have so many street circuits on the calendar
    China is front limited, Canada is rear limited, Spain is the mix of both. And we got trashed by the Red Bull and McLaren in all three of these races.
    McLaren, like Red Bull, have unlocked the secrets of ground effect. Mercedes are very close to it. Ferrari on the other hand, blindly running around in the darkness.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    China is front limited, Canada is rear limited, Spain is the mix of both. And we got trashed by the Red Bull and McLaren in all three of these races.
    McLaren, like Red Bull, have unlocked the secrets of ground effect. Mercedes are very close to it. Ferrari on the other hand, blindly running around in the darkness.
    yeah but Canada is wet,

Spain was more of a mix when it had the chicane... now i'ts more front

yeah but Canada is wet,

It wasn't wet in the qualifying.

It wasn't wet in the qualifying.
    c'mon, yeah they botched that

Seriously man, chill.

Saying Ferrari are running around blind is BS. They're the teams that's won the second most races since 22' after RB, and they've finished 2nd and 3rd in the WCC, while Mercedes (who nowhere near close to anything) have been steamrolled after years of domination.

In regards to this season, Ferrari bested McLaren from Bahrain to Japan, were even with them on pace in Miami (Lando won due to the tire advantage), and then they won in Monaco. Yes, these last two weeks have been rough, but that's racing, and no reason to go overboard and trash the team that's did great job up to Canada.

My guess is that this weekend they simply trimmed out too much downforce in an effort to have the advantage on the main straight, and it obviously threw the entire car off handling wise for race trim.

yeah but Canada is wet,

It's very hard to pass in Barcelona. Even those with a tire advantage were having a b* of a time getting it done. Ferrari likely thought they could trim out more downforce than was actually possible, and they lost more time in S2 and S3 than they were making up in S1.

Canada was difficult for everyone and again, they were unable to find the cars sweet spot in the changing weather forecasts.

I think the SF-24 has a sensitive operating window, and the team have misread how wide it truly is.

Also, both Ferrari drivers ****** and moaned too much this weekend, instead of getting their heads down.

Sainz pass on Leclerc was fair, as was Ham's pass on Sainz.

Charles Leclerc: “Start? It wasn't moment to fight, after the briefing we agreed we had to save the tyres, I did but Sainz didn't. He damaged my front wing. I guess he wanted to impress at his homerace and it's an important moment for his career”
    Leclerc is not holding back anymore
    Good for him, Sainz needs to be kept in his place

A bad day at the office. We will all have to do what the team must do put it behind us and move on.
    Spielburg and Silverstone next. Let's hope the team can tweak those upgrades or we will have another thread of grumbling and despair.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    It's very hard to pass in Barcelona. Even those with a tire advantage were having a b* of a time getting it done. Ferrari likely thought they could trim out more downforce than was actually possible, and they lost more time in S2 and S3 than they were making up in S1.

Canada was difficult for everyone and again, they were unable to find the cars sweet spot in the changing weather forecasts.

I think the SF-24 has a sensitive operating window, and the team have misread how wide it truly is.
    I know you are trying to find a hope, something good in all this, but ultimately... it doesn't matter. Whatever is the issue, we are losing races right, left and center. That's what's important. We don't have points for "the car is good, but we did not set it up right". You don't see Red Bull making these mistakes race after race, McLaren did setup their car perfectly right from the get go, when their upgrades arived in Miami... You will not win in current F1 if you're not perfect in almost everything. We aren't. Yet.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Also, both Ferrari drivers ****** and moaned too much this weekend, instead of getting their heads down.

Sainz pass on Leclerc was fair, as was Ham's pass on Sainz.
    They were told to save the tires. Saniz was only thinking about himself; as usual.

https://x.com/fanaticsferrari/status...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Leclerc is not holding back anymore
    Good for him, Sainz needs to be kept in his place
    Ham raced Russel hard too. That's racing. Sainz is under no obligation to play the team game, at a team that is dumping him.

Leclerc left the door open and that's on him. Same thing when Sainz left the door open for Ham. I also no damage to Leclerc's FW, so IDK what he's on about.

Both Ferrari drivers need to shut up and get their heads on straight.

Think maybe Lewis is beginning to question his move to Ferrari? Seeing how Mercedes is progressing, while Ferrari is regressing?…..?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I know you are trying to find a hope, something good in all this, but ultimately... it doesn't matter. Whatever is the issue, we are losing races right, left and center. That's what's important. We don't have points for "the car is good, but we did not set it up right". You don't see Red Bull making these mistakes race after race, McLaren did setup their car perfectly right from the get go, when their upgrades arived in Miami... You will not win in current F1 if you're not perfect in almost everything. We aren't. Yet.
    The team literally have won more races than McLaren this year, while the latter have let two, possibly three wins fumble away.

It's two races of problems. The sky isn't falling.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    They were told to save the tires. Saniz was only thinking about himself; as usual.

OMG! A racecar driver that's getting dumped by a team who's fans hated him over St Leclerc from day one, was only thinking of himself?! SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    Think maybe Lewis is beginning to question his move to Ferrari? Seeing how Mercedes is progressing, while Ferrari is regressing?…..?
    No, Lewis didn't get the money he wanted from Mercedes. So he got it from Ferrari. That's the main factor in moving to Ferrari.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 23rd June 2024 at 15:41.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    I doubt he has time to think over the mountain of cash Ferrari have given him to make the move.

Mclaren was undoubtedly the fastest car today by a mile. But they gave away track position by pitting later than Max. So subpar strategy from Mclaren as well.
    Seriously man, chill.

Saying Ferrari are running around blind is BS. They're the teams that's won the second most races since 22' after RB, and they've finished 2nd and 3rd in the WCC, while Mercedes (who nowhere near close to anything) have been steamrolled after years of domination.

In regards to this season, Ferrari bested McLaren from Bahrain to Japan, were even with them on pace in Miami (Lando won due to the tire advantage), and then they won in Monaco. Yes, these last two weeks have been rough, but that's racing, and no reason to go overboard and trash the team that's did great job up to Canada.

My guess is that this weekend they simply trimmed out too much downforce in an effort to have the advantage on the main straight, and it obviously threw the entire car off handling wise for race trim.
    In F1 where everything evolves rapidly, there is no reason looking back . Form 1 single race onwoards i team can change its fate in either direction . McL ( mostly and Merc from Canada) that you can find something special and andanced several places on the grid. And on the other hand your tools to start and give you false reading and that leads yoy to lose your way in the development.
    So dont care what we did 3-4 races ago bacause in F1 this is distant past . I see where we are KNOW . That apply to the other way. IF in the nest race we happens to fight for pole-win i will start thinking that we might have solve our problems. I wouldn't say " i dont care because we lost in the previous race!!"
    The law in F1 is " you are a good as in the last race" !!! The very good teams try to confirm it in every race.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Seriously man, chill.

In F1 where everything evolves rapidly, there is no reason looking back . Form 1 single race onwoards i team can change its fate in either direction . McL ( mostly and Merc from Canada) that you can find something special and andanced several places on the grid. And on the other hand your tools to start and give you false reading and that leads yoy to lose your way in the development.
    So dont care what we did 3-4 races ago bacause in F1 this is distant past . I see where we are KNOW . That apply to the other way. IF in the nest race we happens to fight for pole-win i will start thinking that we might have solve our problems. I wouldn't say " i dont care because we lost in the previous race!!"
    The law in F1 is " you are a good as in the last race" !!! The very good teams try to confirm it in every race.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    No, Lewis didn't the money he wanted from Mercedes. So he got it from Ferrari. That's the main factor in moving to Ferrari.
    Yep.

Mercedes wanted him to retire in a year or so, while Ferrari are willing to pay him in gold for the final years he wants to race. Not a hard choice if you're Ham.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    All true, and all the more reason to not get dramatic and depressed when every race doesn't go Ferrari's way.

Mercedes have been steamrolled under the regs, and have only managed one single victory. How do you think their fans feel?

Ross the boss is killing it today with great posts taking down the all the low information Ferrari fans!

For those complaining and hating on Sainz: if you think Sainz is bad, just wait until Ham arrives. He's going to race Leclerc harder than Sainz ever has, and he won't give a damn what the former says in the media about it, because he's "out for himself" just as all racers are.

Ross the boss is killing it today with great posts!
    Thank you. Appreciate it.

Ferrari were utter trash last year at this time. Barely in the points at some races. They introduced to two packages and in a few races, they were fast enough that they came within a couple of points of P2 in the WCC.

That same team is still there.
    loving your confidence mate, i see tifossi1993 and other good posters like him losing some confidence, and you out of nowhere are holding up the mantle
    +1

Ferrari still have growing to do to be a dominant force again. They can and will win races before the season is out.

But if you thought they were going to fight Max and RB for the titles, you were too high on the the run Ferrari had going from the opener to Monaco. They were bound to have a rough patch at some point.

Don't worry, McLaren will have their turn in that regard. Development right now swings back and forth.

Seriously man, chill.

I'm quite chilled and just laughing at your theories. Barcelona was never known as a circuit where straight line speed made the difference, it is one of the few true high downforce track on the calendar. I don't think a team like Ferrari would make a colossus mistake of treaming down the downforce at a track like this and focus on straight line speed.

I'm quite chilled and just laughing at your theories. Barcelona was never known as a circuit where straight line speed made the difference, it is one of the few true high downforce track on the calendar. I don't think a team like Ferrari would make a colossus mistake of treaming down the downforce at a track like this and focus on straight line speed.
    There's really only one place to pass at Barcelona, and that's turn 1 for the most part. Ferrari wanted a touch more straight line speed against McLaren. It's no secret they've been searching for that.

I'll bet you in Austria the car is right with McLaren again.

Ferrari is a complete disaster. Leclerc questioning the strategy again. Back to the Binotto clown days. What a huge fall from Monaco.
    Mate, we only won Monaco because it was parade laps all the way to the end without any strategy or pit stops….im sure under normal conditions with pit stops ferrari wold have managed to lose/botch that race….

We’re back to Binotto clown days looks yiu said
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

And chewing up his tyres, costing the team in the process and finishing behind Charles anyway, as usual.

Enjoy the Williams/Audi ride Sainz, where you belong.