Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Spanish GP - Race

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'm sure we are gonna hear some ready made excuses of Ferrari not ran the Monaco RW, cold temps blah blah from the Italian media.
    Can people on this board not go into hysterics every time the team hits a rough patch? The same team that has won twice this year, including Monaco, and was awesome until Canada, should not be trashed like this.

Mercedes have had their issues, and they just get their heads down and push to figure out what they're doing wrong.

Ferrari simply have issues setting up the car with their latest upgrades. It's that simple. They'll fix it with time.

PATHETIC

P5, P6, brilliant, how can we ask for more?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Can people on this board not go into hysterics every time the team hits a rough patch? The same team that has won twice this year, including Monaco, and was awesome until Canada, should not be trashed like this.

Mercedes have had their issues, and they just get their heads down and push to figure out what they're doing wrong.

Ferrari simply have issues setting up the car with their latest upgrades. It's that simple. They'll fix it with time.
    thank you!

but you got a lot of people on this board that don't understand the differences between high and low downforce, let alone front and rear limited

Mclaren was undoubtedly the fastest car today by a mile. But they gave away track position by pitting later than Max. So subpar strategy from Mclaren as well.
    McLaren made a lot of mistakes... lost due to the terrible start and Norris then being stuck behind Russell in the first stint and then didn't cover Max and pitted later. They really should have won. But still finished 2nd. We didn't make such mistakes and yet finished a pitstop behind...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    thank you!

but you got a lot of people on this board that don't understand the differences between high and low downforce, let alone front and rear limited
    Makes no difference when you are running for 5th and 6th.
    Forza Ferrari

But still Charles shows his phenomenal fighting spirit. The boys did well, there was simply no more in the car today.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

mclaren were right, that update they brought allowed them to run qualifying times in the race!
    You gays not happy at all , but when i was saying that you where all over me . Again really sad to say it, i would prefer to admit that i was wrong .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    You gays not happy at all , but when i was saying that you where all over me . Again really sad to say it, i would prefer to admit that i was wrong .
    so you are saying that you could see from the performance in Canada where Leclerc had an engine issue that Mercedes had overtaken us?

okay

but you said we were 6th fastest, and we're clearly 4th, so no, i won't admit that

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Makes no difference when you are running for 5th and 6th.
    you go from hero to zero from track to track in this formula, things change very quickly now

Yeah there are always some "issues" with this team. Designs a car that chews up the tyres, designs a car that is good with tyres but can't heat up properly in qualifying, brought 2 big upgrades but lost position in the pecking order.

It's not hysterics, it's the reality. Ferrari had no pace offset over the Red Bull and Mclaren. And now they have lost pace to the Mercedes as well.

Finished 22 seconds behind Max today and that margin will probably only get bigger.

Yeah there are always some "issues" with this team. Designs a car that chews up the tyres, designs a car that is good with tyres but can't heat up properly in qualifying, brought 2 big upgrades but lost position in the pecking order.

It's not hysterics, it's the reality. Ferrari had no pace offset over the Red Bull and Mclaren. And now they have lost pace to the Mercedes as well.

Finished 22 seconds behind Max today and that margin will probably only get bigger.
    yep, it's the "brought 2 big updates and lost position" that's the big problem

they better bring a HUGE jump if they just need to be dialed in

you go from hero to zero from track to track in this formula, things change very quickly now
    Monaco is in no way relevant to our standing against RB, Merc and Red Bull. We are behind all of them no matter the track.
    Forza Ferrari

I admire your naive positivity. The fact is, we have proved time and time again over multiple seasons that we are incapable of turning our problems around mid-season the way Merc, RB and now McL can. But you're right, we shouldn't get hysterical; not because things aren't as bad as they look, but because this level of pathetic should not surprise us anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Monaco is in no way relevant to our standing against RB, Merc and Red Bull. We are behind all of them no matter the track.
    Australia, Singapore, Las Vegas

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I admire your naive positivity. The fact is, we have proved time and time again over multiple seasons that we are incapable of turning our problems around mid-season the way Merc, RB and now McL can. But you're right, we shouldn't get hysterical; not because things aren't as bad as they look, but because this level of pathetic should not surprise us anymore.
    except they made big gains in season last year

i think it's clear we need to switch the front suspension concept

but doing so will probably cost us forever to "dial in"

Australia, Singapore, Las Vegas
    Bygone ages. Apart from Monaco, which is just a unique track and we'd never see the Monaco package of use this year again, Ferrari haven't finished ahead of Mclaren since Japan.

Mclaren have truly leapfrogged Ferrari with their Miami upgrades. In pure pace, they are equal to Red Bull. Norris should have won in Canada and he also should've won today's race as well.

Nah, I think they'll sort the issue out in the next race or two and be back on the podium at least.

Most of the upgrades were targeting straight line speed. That was the only slight weakness of the base car. Other than that, it was kind on its tires, great at cornering, and had even more downforce than the RB and McLaren.

The upgrade package should've been introduced at Silverstone, where high speed cornering and top speed matter. To throw these upgrades at the car at places like Imola and Barcelona, simply because fans and the team had delusions of being title contenders if they got fast tracked, has clearly been a mistake.

The team need to stop introducing upgrades for a bit, and work to develop better setups.

I have much more hope of them resolving these issues soon than under Binotto and Sanchez for sure.

yep, it's the "brought 2 big updates and lost position" that's the big problem

they better bring a HUGE jump if they just need to be dialed in
    I guess these are still "pre-season updates" and the performance updates are still coming.

Sadly a dissapointing result. I hoped for something better in the race but we were not competitive enough! I don’t think with this current technical team we can win championships, sadly! All my hopes rest with the arrival of Serra and (potentially) Newey!

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Ferrari were utter trash last year at this time. Barely in the points at some races. They introduced to two packages and in a few races, they were fast enough that they came within a couple of points of P2 in the WCC.

That same team is still there.

Yeh now let's hear the standard " I'm not too worried post" hate to say it.. I TOLD YOU SO.

Bygone ages. Apart from Monaco, which is just a unique track and we'd never see the Monaco package of use this year again, Ferrari haven't finished ahead of Mclaren since Japan.

Mclaren have truly leapfrogged Ferrari with their Miami upgrades. In pure pace, they are equal to Red Bull. Norris should have won in Canada and he also should've won today's race as well.
    they need to sort out the updates, that's for sure

but, i think rear limited track will be more kind, but they do have to fix things for that to be true

the whole idea that this track is so representative of the season isn't even true anymore when we have so many street circuits on the calendar

Ferrari were utter trash last year at this time. Barely in the points at some races. They introduced to two packages and in a few races, they were fast enough that they came within a couple of points of P2 in the WCC.

That same team is still there.
    loving your confidence mate, i see tifossi1993 and other good posters like him losing some confidence, and you out of nowhere are holding up the mantle

Leclerc loses P2 in the WDC standings to Norris.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Nah, I think they'll sort the issue out in the next race or two and be back on the podium at least.

Most of the upgrades were targeting straight line speed. That was the only slight weakness of the base car. Other than that, it was kind on its tires, great at cornering, and had even more downforce than the RB and McLaren.

The upgrade package should've been introduced at Silverstone, where high speed cornering and top speed matter. To throw these upgrades at the car at places like Imola and Barcelona, simply because fans and the team had delusions of being title contenders if they got fast tracked, has clearly been a mistake.

The team need to stop introducing upgrades for a bit, and work to develop better setups.

I have much more hope of them resolving these issues soon than under Binotto and Sanchez for sure.
    Ferrari have no advantage over the Red Bull or McLaren, whether it's downforce or drag or tyre wear. It may be marginally better than Mercedes at looking after the tyres but that's about it.
    Hope should be based on outcomes with respect to circumstances, it shouldn't be blind.
    And what you have is called blind optimism. I'm afraid I don't share your notion of "hope".

This car is too slow in sector 2, which has many medium and high speed corners
    I was watching the live timing, Leclerc lost at least 2 tenths to the top 4 in sector 2 every lap, at some points Norris was even 0.6 faster in sector 2 alone compare to Leclerc while they were both in clean air
    Car was sliding everywhere

Ferrari have no advantage over the Red Bull or McLaren, whether it's downforce or drag or tyre wear. It may be marginally better than Mercedes at looking after the tyres but that's about it.
    Hope should be based on outcomes with respect to circumstances, it shouldn't be blind.
    And what you have is called blind optimism. I'm afraid I don't share your notion of "hope".
    one track mate, spielberg, power sensitive, rear limited, Leclerc won in 2022, where Ferrari tyre advantage was class of the field, things change week to week

loving your confidence mate, i see tifossi1993 and other good posters like him losing some confidence, and you out of nowhere are holding up the mantle
    but admitedly i'm struggling to keep the faith, and i go back and forth post to post