Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Spanish Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

2024 Spanish Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

It's getting near that time again. Let's hope we have a great weekend with a good points haul.

Forza Jules

Sill early but (hopefully not) we can't improve our lap time on old Hard tyres like the others

Max appears to be back in form and Russell is looking racy.

Forza Jules

Leclerc: "The car is horrendous right now"
    Great...

I heard that Carlos had the full upgrade package while Charles did not, to see the difference between the two cars
    Any one can confirm it ?

I wonder if Carlos got the full upgrade to help him win his home grand prix. Otherwise I cannot see why the team would not give it to Charles. He cannot afford to have another bad weekend. I know it's early days.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I wonder if Carlos got the full upgrade to help him win his home grand prix. Otherwise I cannot see why the team would not give it to Charles. He cannot afford to have another bad weekend. I know it's early days.
    Charles will have full upgrade package in FP2

Yeah, I don't understand Ferrari's logic here. If they were really that desperate for a comparison, then it should've been Charles with the full upgrades. Who cares if it's Carlos's home GP?
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'm failing to follow their logic here.
    And I'd be quite angry if Ferrari brought only one upgrade package here and giving it to the driver who's leaving, just cause it's his home grand prix. I really hope that's not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah, I don't understand Ferrari's logic here. If they were really that desperate for a comparison, then it should've been Charles with the full upgrades. Who cares if it's Carlos's home GP?
    And I'd be quite angry if Ferrari brought only one upgrade package here and giving it to the driver who's leaving, just cause it's his home grand prix. I really hope that's not the case.
    Relax.
    If Charles -is- having it from FP2 on, then they gave it to Carlos for a parade sort of speak.
    If both are taking it - even better. In this case they wanted to check the performance in comparison to the EVO v1 which actually makes sense.
    You should get mad only if they 're giving it to Carlos and Charles gets the EVO v1 and the new packages adds performance.
    Then they'll be idiots. But that 's not something I expect from Vasseur, it's something Binotto's Ferrari would do.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The ghosts of Binotto past??

Joking aside, I completely agree with you. Your goal is to win races and championships, not to make the driver you fired feel better about himself at home. Lets hope Charles has the upgrades as well for FP2.

Side note, I read that Sainz got a new PU. I also read that he had issues saying "No Power" over the radio. That doesn't sound very promising.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Relax.
    If Charles -is- having it from FP2 on, then they gave it to Carlos for a parade sort of speak.
    If both are taking it - even better. In this case they wanted to check the performance in comparison to the EVO v1 which actually makes sense.
    You should get mad only if they 're giving it to Carlos and Charles gets the EVO v1 and the new packages adds performance.
    Then they'll be idiots. But that 's not something I expect from Vasseur, it's something Binotto's Ferrari would do.
    Oh, I'm quite relaxed. I just don't think it was a fruitful use of the time by wasting 60 minutes of running for Charles and giving new parts to a driver who's leaving the team. To you it was a parade, to me it was both rather odd and waste of time.
    As I've said already, if really wanted to evaluate the new parts, they should've put them on no. 16's car.

I'm quite relaxed about it because maybe Charles was a better yardstick to measure the difference between what the car is capable of with the original setup and then in FP2 with the upgrades.

Forza Jules

maybe they flipped a coin who gets the upgrades first for Fp1....and Carlos was the winner of that coin flip

Lando looked significantly faster than anyone else on the long run during FP1.

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    i woudn't try and read too much into that, especially at this stage of the weekend....we'll see how FP2 adn FP3 will unveil

Quote Originally Posted by Schaun View Post
    Given their recent form, I expect them to have both their cars in top 4. We may probably be on row-3 fighting the Mercs.

so on the same tires as mclaren, we're HALF a second down??? that don't look good

Upgrades don't look anything special

Onboard SF-24 car look unstable at the moment. Difficult to drive.

Not sure it’s due to upgrades or set up.

so yeah, THIRD row for us, IF we're lucky looks about right

red bull, merc and mclaren ALL faster then us.....looks like our upgrades are really working right now....some may say that it's still early days though

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so on the same tires as mclaren, we're HALF a second down??? that don't look good
    They are just faster, as simple as that.
    We on the other hand are back to our, two decades long, mid season brain fart

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Upgrades don't look anything special
    DOWNGRADES ring a bell from previous years

3 tenths down in sector 2
    Another 3 tenths down in sector 3
    Either our tyres were dead after sector 1 or our slow-medium corners speed is very bad

and to top it off, Sainz is faster then our # 1 driver

3 tenths down in sector 2
    Another 3 tenths down in sector 3
    Either our tyres were dead after sector 1 or our slow-medium corners speed is very bad
    slow and medium corner pace is VERY bad me thinks

we'll see how we gonna do on the soft tire....

so our departing driver STILL faster than our #1 driver on the soft tire

or maybe leclerc is still running the OLD spec car
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 21st June 2024 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    They are just faster, as simple as that.
    We on the other hand are back to our, two decades long, mid season brain fart
    i may have to agree with you on this one....we always seem to BOTCH the mid season updates

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so our departing driver STILL faster than our #1 driver on the soft tire
    Relax with your obsession with Sainz, he had one more practice with the new upgrades than Leclerc who're still adjusting to the new updgrades

Relax with your obsession with Sainz, he had one more practice with the new upgrades than Leclerc who're still adjusting to the new updgrades
    dude, i'm NOT obsseseed with NOBODY....i ROOT for FERRARI first and foremost....i DONT have a preffered driver....i want both drivers to gather the MOST points during the weekend, as to me, WCC is valued more then anything else....PERIOD!!!