Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 2024 Spanish Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

Imagine still dealing with porpoising 2.5 years later. Unbelievable. What will it take to get Ferrari back to the top consistently? Who will pass us in development next, Williams?

https://x.com/giulyduchessa/status/1...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Imagine still dealing with porpoising 2.5 years later. Unbelievable. What will it take to get Ferrari back to the top consistently? Who will pass us in development next, Williams?

https://x.com/giulyduchessa/status/1...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA
    I really don't know what Carlos is talking about. The cars don't porpoise from any onboards. Sure, they bottom out, but that's the case for everybody, and was the case even under the last set of regs before.

The final verdict on the upgrades will come tomorrow, when see them in race trim. Not impressive thus far, but I'll reserve judgement until then.

I think Ferrari have missed the setup a little and in their efforts to reduce drag on the straights, have gotten the car out of its sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Temperatures has droped
    So has our pace…4th fastest team
    Merc is now genuinely fast since they brought the tricky front wing

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Oh, could this be that our residents experts were wrong? Who would've thought?

But this is just Q1 though.
    Not 100% wrong mate….we’re still the 4th fastest team…but we’ll get there one day OR decade

We are again chocking a bit when it matters. But only 2 tenths though, it's not over yet.
    I’m afraid it’s over mate…our upgrades worked well but did NOT do wonders
    Still new package, I’m sure the team will dial it in a pod refine some more

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    I really don't know what Carlos is talking about. The cars don't porpoise from any onboards. Sure, they bottom out, but that's the case for everybody, and was the case even under the last set of regs before.

The final verdict on the upgrades will come tomorrow, when see them in race trim. Not impressive thus far, but I'll reserve judgement until then.

I think Ferrari have missed the setup a little and in their efforts to reduce drag on the straights, have gotten the car out of its sweet spot.
    Agreed. We have now access to onboard, timings, mini sectors and what not. Of course, we are missing out the intricate details, but still we have heaps of information on our hand and we can make our own conclusion from them.

I'd say Charles's first lap in Q1 was his best lap and the car looked quite compliant as well. The improvements he made in the last two sectors during his final run in Q3, compared to his Q1 lap, were marginal. The biggest gain was in the first sector, 3 tenths, but that was to be expected.

3rd fastest team? Let’s see how the final runs go.
    4th fastest team mate

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just a reminder but Mclaren and Mercedes brought NO UPGRADES to this track.

Ferrari brought 7 upgrades and rushed the Silverstone upgrades to Barcelona. RedBull brought 5 upgrades.
    Hats off to McLaren, heat head down and whatever upgrades they brought to Imola turned that orange papaya into a monster

Ferrari, as usual, nowhere

All in all a disappointing qualifying session, but heads up...Let's wait and see the race outcome. Watching from the consistency from the onboards of Carlos and Charles and observing the times set by our drivers I'm cautiously optimistic! But then again come race day everything can happen!

Yup. 4th fastest after a bunch of updates. Embarrassing. Almost 4 tenths off the pace.
    Yup, total embarrassment, but then again we are used to coming from Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    how are we so terrible at bringing updates
    Are yiu a newbie? Ferrari are experts at bringing downgrades since 2009

I think Andrea Stella deserves credit for the hard work of reorganising and ultimately transforming the Maccas into a winning team and not just any winning team, but one that is challenging the mighty RBR! Impressive to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Are yiu a newbie? Ferrari are experts at bringing downgrades since 2009
    I wouldn't say they are downgrades! I think that in this case the others made a bigger step forward!

Not 100% wrong mate….we’re still the 4th fastest team…but we’ll get there one day OR decade
    Last year was very frustrating for us Ferrari fans. And if you had followed the onboards, you'd know that drivers were frustrated as well, especially Charles.

But this year is completely different. I'm seeing the onboard during every race, and nothing suggest to me that we have a lemon like the SF23/Post TD39 F1-75.

That is why I'm refusing to sulk in despair. The gap between us and the winning car was minuscule in both Miami and Imola and we have won Monaco quite comfortably from pole.

But we need to accept the fact that, we are in mix with another 6 more cars. So missing out 2-3 tenths means P5 instead of P2.

But race day is a completely different prospect. And in a high degradation track like Barcelona, the gap will be open up more than qualifying. So let's not count out the SF24 just yet.

All right, judging by all the hypes around Mclaren here and everywhere, if Norris doesn't win tomorrow's race with 30 seconds margin over Max, I'd call it a failure!

Last year was very frustrating for us Ferrari fans. And if you had followed the onboards, you'd know that drivers were frustrated as well, especially Charles.

But this year is completely different. I'm seeing the onboard during every race, and nothing suggest to me that we have a lemon like the SF23/Post TD39 F1-75.

That is why I'm refusing to sulk in despair. The gap between us and the winning car was minuscule in both Miami and Imola and we have won Monaco quite comfortably from pole.

But we need to accept the fact that, we are in mix with another 6 more cars. So missing out 2-3 tenths means P5 instead of P2.

But race day is a completely different prospect. And in a high degradation track like Barcelona, the gap will be open up more than qualifying. So let's not count out the SF24 just yet.
    Agreed!

Yes we did good in Monaco, but I wouldn’t count that and compare it to a real track…what we and everyone else did in Monaco was just a parade to the finish line with absolutely No strategy involved…one set of tires till the end

I wanna see glimpses of hope coming from ferrari at more serious track that we’ve had after Monaco and are having now ( Spain)…but sadly we’re still behind…not by a lot ( well 3 tenths on a short track like Barca is quite a bit) so yeah yiu see where US fans are losing hope

I know the latest updates we just brought are still green and new, maybe thy need a bit of refinement, don’t know what to say really…time will tell

Maybe it might be a good idea to wait and see how we do in the race before we call the season.
    If Ferrari have better deg than Merc or McLaren we can get a good result here.
    A few weeks ago everyone was positive, now we have what seems a bunch of whining 3 years olds because we didn't get pole. Not every track is going to favour us....fact.

In T14:

Max went full throttle....100%
    Lando went 90% throttle.
    Hamilton and Russell went 90% throttle.
    Leclerc went 72% throttle.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

We could see a change of fortunes to-morrow. Things happen and they usually do in F1 so let us wait and see before we right off the team.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

The article is published June 15, 2024. Again it's an article from a journalist trying to sell a story. I have never even heard of this article's name so the question of credibility comes to mind.

No thanks, I would rate the FIA reports with regards to upgrades than an article from a journalist. Nice try but that's not going to work with me.
    typically quiet now

Yes we did good in Monaco, but I wouldn’t count that and compare it to a real track…what we and everyone else did in Monaco was just a parade to the finish line with absolutely No strategy involved…one set of tires till the end

I wanna see glimpses of hope coming from ferrari at more serious track that we’ve had after Monaco and are having now ( Spain)…but sadly we’re still behind…not by a lot ( well 3 tenths on a short track like Barca is quite a bit) so yeah yiu see where US fans are losing hope

I know the latest updates we just brought are still green and new, maybe thy need a bit of refinement, don’t know what to say really…time will tell
    yes, but think about how many tracks that are upcoming that are similar to the tracks where we already did well and even WON last season or would have won like vegas if not for a typical red bull gift safety car

I heard that Ferrari chose the wrong wing level for the cars (basically a mid - high df while everyone ran high df), hence it was very fast in sector 1 but losing in sector 2 + 3 with many corners

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    I heard that Ferrari chose the wrong wing level for the cars (basically a mid - high df while everyone ran high df), hence it was very fast in sector 1 but losing in sector 2 + 3 with many corners
    If that's the case ,in theory, it's not good for the race.
    Usually a lower dnf set up can help you in qualy ,while a higher one in the race (you use better the tires-> better degradation)
    And once again if thats the case, where did it go ,our capability to study better the races from the factory and arrive on tracks with the best basic set-up. We where the best in the start of the year. What happened to us ? We act like we have no idea what to do with the car? We try to fix something and we ruin something else. We weren't like this. From the middle of last year till about Imola we where running very well in all departments and where making solid ,steady steps forward. From Imola it's like something very serious happened and transformed the whole team. It's like Binnoto's team has retaken control!

I don't understand the obsession with T14. What about turns 3, 9 and 13? They don't matter?

I don't understand the obsession with T14. What about turns 3, 9 and 13? They don't matter?
    Fred needs to micro manage the team at the factory they go into siesta mode.As they say when the cat is away the mice jump all over the sofa.

I didn't check the onboards, but just heard on the F1TV broadcast, Ferrari were the only cars that did lift a bit through T9 out of the top 4 teams. So basically we lack DF.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I didn't check the onboards, but just heard on the F1TV broadcast, Ferrari were the only cars that did lift a bit through T9 out of the top 4 teams. So basically we lack DF.
    Another problem for us . even if we have a somehow good pace , if we cant stay close to the car in front in these last 2 corners, then there's chance to overtake.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!