Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Spanish Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    you mean Miami right?
    Yeah, my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah, my bad.
    no worries

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Just looking at ALL the upgrades from ALL the teams per the FIA report.

Are you not privy to that information?
    they don't have to declare upgrades you can't see, nice try again

Well Fernando won at this track 11 years ago by starting P5
    Hopefully the same thing happens with us again tomorrow
    Strong start + great strategy is the key

Complete apathy to the same script running 16 years in a row. Nothing else to say.

It’s a game of development war from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Complete apathy to the same script running 16 years in a row. Nothing else to say.
    it's bad

it's bad
    Every year Ferrari rock up with either 1st or 2nd fastest car for the opening race and only finds miniscule amounts of time with every update and cue the excuses and next year is our year begins. It's not just the colour scheme reminiscent of the Liverpool/Loserpool football these days in finding news ways to lose
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 22nd June 2024 at 17:37.

they don't have to declare upgrades you can't see, nice try again
    Now you're the one that's dreamin. ANY upgrades that ANY team brings has to be declared by the FIA hence the FIA report per track and in this case, Mclaren and Mercedes BROUGHT NO UPGRADES to Catalunya.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Every year Ferrari rock up with either 1st or 2nd fastest car for the opening race and only finds miniscule amounts of time with every update and cue the excuses and next year is our year begins. It's not just the colour scheme reminiscent of Loserpool these days
    actually the complete opposite happened last year

Comparing to Norris,

We were 0.060 seconds faster in the S1 (Sainz was Fastest)

0.223 seconds slower in the S2 (Norris was fastest)

0.071 seconds slower in the S3 (Max was fastest)

It's sector 2 where the damage happened. Mainly turns 5 and 8. The car was very good through high speed turns - 3, 9, 13, and the exit of turn 12.

Now you're the one that's dreamin. ANY upgrades that ANY team brings has to be declared by the FIA hence the FIA report per track and in this case, Mclaren and Mercedes BROUGHT NO UPGRADES to Catalunya.
    https://www.f1technical.net/news/248...celona%20round.

Well that was a disappointing quali after all of the hype over the upgrades.
    All we can say is to-morrow is another day. You never know we may have a rocket ship then. (We live and hope!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Forza Jules

We all waited for this quali to see, how we fare against the competition as this is the track that shows the car capabilities in it's fullest. Well... not terrible, but not awesome either. Even though we've had another load of upgrades this weekend, the sum of them clearly was not as good as those of McLaren and now even Mercedes seems to have a slight edge on us. We need to have something really special ready for Silverstone if we want to stay in the hunt for the titles. We struggled in the second sector compared to others, which is the most technical and aero dependent. Still better than Perez though...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Comparing to Norris,

We were 0.060 seconds faster in the S1 (Sainz was Fastest)

0.223 seconds slower in the S2 (Norris was fastest)

0.071 seconds slower in the S3 (Max was fastest)

It's sector 2 where the damage happened. Mainly turns 5 and 8. The car was very good through high speed turns - 3, 9, 13, and the exit of turn 12.
    i think our top speed was good if not the best?

Again, the heavily upgraded Mclaren got out qualified by zero upgrade Ferrari in Miami. Ferrari was equal to Mclaren in Miami, maybe a tenth slower in Imola and faster in Monaco. Not including Canada for the obvious reasons.

I don't think it's the end of the world like many here implying.

The article is published June 15, 2024. Again it's an article from a journalist trying to sell a story. I have never even heard of this article's name so the question of credibility comes to mind.

No thanks, I would rate the FIA reports with regards to upgrades than an article from a journalist. Nice try but that's not going to work with me.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Again, the heavily upgraded Mclaren got out qualified by zero upgrade Ferrari in Miami. Ferrari was equal to Mclaren in Miami, maybe a tenth slower in Imola and faster in Monaco. Not including Canada for the obvious reasons.

I don't think it's the end of the world like many here implying.
    you're right, think about all the times we had the quickest Saturday car...

The article is published June 15, 2024. Again it's an article from a journalist trying to sell a story. I have never even heard of this article's name so the question of credibility comes to mind.

No thanks, I would rate the FIA reports with regards to upgrades than an article from a journalist. Nice try but that's not going to work with me.
    i updated to a better link, my apologies. F1 Technical baby. June 22nd, 2024

but i do agree with you, Toto just says whatever he wants anyways

it has to do with it just being lighter and not a different geometry

i think our top speed was good if not the best?
    Top speed is good, but it is a bit hard to read into in. At the finish line, which is the start of the lap, Charles had the highest top speed of 296 but didn't have the overall top speed at the end of the main straight.

In the sector 2 the speed was very good and almost equal to Perez's Red Bull.

Top speed is good, but it is a bit hard to read into in. At the finish line, which is the start of the lap, Charles had the highest top speed of 296 but didn't have the overall top speed at the end of the main straight.

In the sector 2 the speed was very good and almost equal to Perez's Red Bull.
    Leclerc was complaining about the lack of grip. That might be the issue as well.

I would say McLaren doesn’t have any weakness & SF-24 is sensitive. That’s my take.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s a game of development war from now.
    I think getting the most out of the Pirelli rubber is the main difficulty setting in this game. Last year's car was very good at taking the most out of the tyres for a single lap, this year's car is a complete opposite.
    Temperature was dropping throughout the qualifying and Q3 was 5 degrees cooler than Q1.

But the race is a completely different matter than qualifying, and the tyres go through multiple heat cycles throughout the race. And that is where the SF24 excels the most.

Sunday: 1: Max, 2: Lando, 3: Charles, 4: Carlos.
    Perez and Piastri will not be able to make up enough places, so again Ferrari will score good points for the teams title.

STAY POSITIVE !! Forza!!
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Leclerc disappointed: "Today is not a good day, 3 tenths is a lot. Tomorrow I think we will fight with Mercedes, not Verstappen and Norris."

Charles said upgrades worked but problems are track specific so confusing that man.Whats the point of upgrading if the car is useless on any track.The one lap pace is gone now probably 4th best. MERCEDES have done the work we are lagging them.Maclaren outstanding and now fastest redbull fighting to keep supremecy.

Disappointed,but what can we do.
    It is what it is !!
    Always hoping that next day(month-year) will be better for us.
    Its just that its been quite a while that we where really happy and proud for our team. (the "proud" i refer to the success)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari still bouncing others are not I thought this was solved obviously not.Three tenths is a life time of development. A car that was bragged by Charles as being easy to drive and race ready at any circuit and easily set up has turned out to be the direct opposite.Ferrari have fallen back to a complacency mode and it's costing them dearly.Fred needs to stop the party atmosphere at ferrari and all the buddy buddy Bull **** and get back to hard damn work,the proof is in the pudding.

I think getting the most out of the Pirelli rubber is the main difficulty setting in this game. Last year's car was very good at taking the most out of the tyres for a single lap, this year's car is a complete opposite.
    Temperature was dropping throughout the qualifying and Q3 was 5 degrees cooler than Q1.

But the race is a completely different matter than qualifying, and the tyres go through multiple heat cycles throughout the race. And that is where the SF24 excels the most.
    Yeah agree. Valid point.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari still bouncing others are not I thought this was solved obviously not.Three tenths is a life time of development. A car that was bragged by Charles as being easy to drive and race ready at any circuit and easily set up has turned out to be the direct opposite.Ferrari have fallen back to a complacency mode and it's costing them dearly.Fred needs to stop the party atmosphere at ferrari and all the buddy buddy Bull **** and get back to hard damn work,the proof is in the pudding.
    Look we all are frustrated and hopeless and the truth is that unfortunately there are no simple answers or the answers we are thinking are not solving any problems.
    The way i see it ,its that a team consists of a group of people that do a certain job . And like in any other job in the world , some people do better job then the others. Right now it loooks like our people have a ceiling in their capability and their colleagues in the other teams finding better solutions . And even this is not o solid conclusion , because there is a possibility 1 (or a group of) of our engineers to come up with a solution that will solve all our problems. In other cases we will need new people to come on board to see if something changes. And again this doesnt quaraty success . We have change SO MANY people ,procedures , tools ,allmost everything . For the last 15years we must have change about 80% of the team from top to bottom and to results are the same .From 2nd best to 4th-5th . The same goes for every team .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I agree as an explanation in general . The only problem is that as you said last year our capability /performance from Qualy to race ,especially compare to our competitors, was so obvious that our competitors didnt bother with us for our qualy position. Bacause they knew that we will eat our tires and have terrible race pace ,and so they would pass us easily. And we couldnt change it much in the whole year. Now we have solve this problem but only for our data . When we compare ourselves tp our competitors we lose. We lose clearly in Qualy and in race pace we are on par on the bast case scenario. itls not that we have way better dagradation then the others or that we can run 0.5 -1s /lap better then the others ( that RedBul did last year) .
    For example today . We end up 0.4 slower the McL /RBR right? We say we are batter in race pace .Ok . But by hoe much? We will be 0.05-0.1 slower then them ? (this is by definition an evoltution from Qualy to race. We cut 0.3+ . But we are still slower!! Lets take another scenario , to actually be faster then them (more like a dream from what we have seen till now but lets take it) .How much faster do you think we can be in reality?? 0.1,0.2/lap .There is NO WAY we couls be faster then that,it would be a real miracle out of any logic/calculation /real data etc . And even if we are (that) faster then them , you cant overtake in this track, and by so tiny difference in lap time almost in no track. So the result would be to lose again . To summarize.yes we better in race then qualy but for the sake of conversation and data.
    And again all this from what we have seen till now ok ?? If suddenly tomorrow we see a ferrari lapping 0.5+ faster then anybody else , then everything changes and we will talk about how the new parts transformed the race performance. But we need to see it ,not wish of it.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!