Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Spanish Grand Prix- Practice & Qualifying Thread.

It's not sounding good , maybe let's counter-jinx it this time , like Monaco and we will see what will happend in FP3 and Quali
    No it's not coming yet

Race pace DOES NOT look good

We'll get more of a clear picture after FP3. Right now, it's looking Ok.

Leclerc seems struggling with car set up on this upgrades
    Bozzi constantly report Sainz's lap times to him and probably Sainz's set-up is working better now

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    dude, i'm NOT obsseseed with NOBODY....i ROOT for FERRARI first and foremost....i DONT have a preffered driver....i want both drivers to gather the MOST points during the weekend, as to me, WCC is valued more then anything else....PERIOD!!!
    Exactly!!!

Earlier on the race sims Carlos was 1-2 tenths faster than Lando who was directly behind in dirty air
    When Lando got out of dirty air he was lapping much faster than Carlos, when they both pit and switched into mediums Lando was again lapping much faster
    Max's race sims on mediums looks like the fastest car, 3-5 tenths faster than both Ferrari and McLaren

Hopefully the team can nail the set-up for Leclerc in Fp3 and Qualifying, he's clearly not happy with the set-up now, losing 1 tenth at the exact same place every lap
    Last edited by elnano14; 21st June 2024 at 16:38.

I don't know what to say about to-day. When we look good on a Friday at the top of the stats things have a habit of deteriorating on the Saturday & Sunday. Maybe the reverse will happen here.

Forza Jules

Didnt watch any of the FPs but from what i see here, things are not good.
    Im afraid that with the upgrades even from Imola we lost a bit our path and we have bacome very inconsistent. The cars working window from open up it became narrower.
    Another thing is that up till Imola we where the best team in pre race preparation (in factory) and everybody where talking about how good we are on this and that we have the best tools( simulations /advanced AI etc)
    From Imola we start to struggle on finding the set up and when we start FP1 we are at lost and start running to find a solution . Its the complete opposite from the start of the season .
    In a few words it looks like that the upgrades (from Imola onwards) maybe gave us something here and there , but ruined much more. And till now we dont look to have the answer. The fight with our direct competitors is lost allready( not for the points in the championship but the evolution battle) Especially Mcl have made us look so little because whenever they put something in there car it woks perfectly and more. They are super competitive in all tracks and all conditions with almost no flaws an all .
    But what can we do !!!!!!!! We are just watching hopeless with havy heart ,if some miracle will happen and see the resurrection of our team .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

As always, our resident experts here have already written Ferrari off based on the Friday practice sessions.
    Well, I'm certainly not as smart as the experts here, because to me, it looked like we were solid but chasing that last one or two tenths. I don't think Ferrari had nailed the setup with their new upgrades. Charles only had the upgrades in FP2 and Barcelona is always tricky to nail the setup.

I will wait and see how we are doing in FP3. One thing I did notice today, and that was the pace on the straights. It was quite a big improvement. Also, Ferrari had no trouble at switching on the tyres.

Hopefully some time in the simulator can help us overnight.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    it's the same for all

verstappen does appear difficult to catch ( on race pace )

but Sainz's lap encourages me for a good qualifying performance

and Leclerc should be capable of something more if we can get it sorted overnight

I also think this is more of a set-up thing than lack of pure performance
    Leclerc is the benchmark, but he is not happy with his set-up yet
    Once we figure out the set-up with this new upgrades package we can gain the last 1-2 tenths missing

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    it's the same for all
    Nah Lando's fastest lap time was 1:18.773, slowest one was 1:20.442, it was only 7 tenths different, his lap times were also very consistent and nearly zero drop off
    For Lewis it was 1.4 seconds different, Max's 9 tenths
    Carlos dropped 1.3 seconds in his last 4 laps, from 1:19.7 to 1:21.0, he was lapping slower lap by lap

I prepsonally ( if you are referring to me ) didnt judge anything about today because as i said i didnt managed to see anything today . I just read here and on twitter etc and i dont take good feedback from them .
    I just comment on the ganeral image from the team since Imola . It just doesn't give me the confidence we had before. The 1st and more "emphatic: thing for me ( as i say above) is that i remember that in the 1st 5 races we where the best team on FP1 /2 . Not fom times etc ,but that we where always the most prepared.In almost every race where spot on on the set up from our 1st run on the track , And this was exlpained from most of the internet "expert's" like journalists, former engineers etc that this was justified bacause we ( Vasseur) ahd put together a very good team in factory to work an the next races with very good tools like state of the art simulator , advance AI etc. And truly all these where confirmed on track .
    Now all of a sudden ( mostly since Imola and the upgrades) something changed. We start the FPs and lota of troubles start to surface with the drivers complained all the time . And even if we look to have kind of solid base ( like Canada FP1-2) when something even the smallest changes( temperatures' -wind -rain etc) we start loosing big time.
    So im just wondering why this happens , To me it looks like in our try to evolve the car with the upgrades , we ruined other aspects and that put them out of control . Its like we are strart taking 1 ster ahead (in performance) but end up taking 2 behind .
    Thats the general image i have since Imola .
    For example today in FP1 i read Lec saying " the car is tremendous " .Well i havent heared him saying anything like that before Imola ,On the contrary he always sayig how solid and easy to drive the cae felt. Only that we had to add a bit more speed.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Nah Lando's fastest lap time was 1:18.773, slowest one was 1:20.442, it was only 7 tenths different, his lap times were also very consistent and nearly zero drop off
    For Lewis it was 1.4 seconds different, Max's 9 tenths
    Carlos dropped 1.3 seconds in his last 4 laps, from 1:19.7 to 1:21.0, he was lapping slower lap by lap
    must remember, that catalunya circuit is bad for tire wear, especially front left
    we have to make a bit of a compromise between one lap pure pace and long runs....i know it's NOT an easy circuit to pass, but if the opponent has WAY better race pace, they can undercut the one in front, come out ahead and stay there without being passed becasue of the nature of track

i'm sure Ferrari will look at the numbers tonight and make appropriate changes for FP3 and quali.

I also think this is more of a set-up thing than lack of pure performance
    Leclerc is the benchmark, but he is not happy with his set-up yet
    Once we figure out the set-up with this new upgrades package we can gain the last 1-2 tenths missing
    Well this is the general idea for all drivers and all teams. The thing is ,can/will we find it . Thats what im saying . We struggle to find the right set-up and some times we dont succed at all . While (unfortunately) others (especially McL) looks to be spot on from the start and then just fine tune it to find the extra tenth (or 2) . It looks the things had turn upside down since the start of the season.
    But as always we all hope to finaly find our way and deliver something special !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

"the few laps we have done (long run), there's still plenty to improve. but as i said, i have a very clear vision of what we need to do on the car to make it better and i'm confident tomorrow we'll do a step forward"
    LEC
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    LEC
    as long as they have a "clear vision" how to make that step forward, then we're OK

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    as long as they have a "clear vision" how to make that step forward, then we're OK
    For start , thats what i want to hear.
    That "we dont know whats wrong" from Canada , haunts me .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I really don't get what's to make out of these free practices times.

It's in QUALIFYING people is where it's at!!!

Then you have race pace which is completely different than qualifying and free practice.

IMO, there's really nothing to see here at the moment.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Rave set up is key you can not afford to get it wrong.Ferrari have to hit the ground running with set up or the race will be a non event for the team.Free practice performance has nothing to do with the performance of the SF90 the grunt is there but you need to set it up correctly before race day.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    As always, our resident experts here have already written Ferrari off based on the Friday practice sessions.
    Well, I'm certainly not as smart as the experts here, because to me, it looked like we were solid but chasing that last one or two tenths. I don't think Ferrari had nailed the setup with their new upgrades. Charles only had the upgrades in FP2 and Barcelona is always tricky to nail the setup.

I will wait and see how we are doing in FP3. One thing I did notice today, and that was the pace on the straights. It was quite a big improvement. Also, Ferrari had no trouble at switching on the tyres.
    And as always our armchair technical wizard thinks Ferrari is doing alright. I said it months ago McLaren will be the team to watch out for and look at them overcoming their issues. Ferrari upgrades aren't the massive jump this man thinks but it will take a bit of more every round to be able to be competitive everywhere. Having said that Barcelona takes a bit of work to sort out the car, let's see what today brings

Carlos 2nd Charles 3rd. Looking ok so far.

Forza Jules

Norris faster then us ,with mediums

At first I see Norris o par with us and I say ok game on . Them I see the tires and he is on mediums

Nothing to be worried about, Charles made a slight mistake during his first attempt in turn 10, was using the left toggle more and lost 2 tenths there. During his second run he improved in turn 10 and did purple mini sector. Which meant improvement in the 3rd sector during his 2nd run.

The car looking very strong on the straights.

Charles sounds happy with the adjustments made to the car.

Forza Jules