Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Canadian GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Canada this year is still an unique - outlier - unnormal track. Wet - dry interchangeable condition, completely new resurface, cold as hell , plus an engine problem. And you know what, most of those things are SF-24's weakness
    Performance on this track doesn't not relate to other tracks
    It is unique yes ,not as much as monaco but ok . BUT all this weakness's you say ,you talk about as a real excuse, That all teams must and have weaknesses and jusr out happens to be them . Sorry but no. If we have weeknesses its just makes us worst then others that dont have weeknesses especially to this effect. And i want to see the perfom on the top in ALL conditions . When this happens everything will be ok even if we still gonna have a bad race ( Like RBR in Monaco )
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It is unique yes ,not as much as monaco but ok . BUT all this weakness's you say ,you talk about as a real excuse, That all teams must and have weaknesses and jusr out happens to be them . Sorry but no. If we have weeknesses its just makes us worst then others that dont have weeknesses especially to this effect. And i want to see the perfom on the top in ALL conditions . When this happens everything will be ok even if we still gonna have a bad race ( Like RBR in Monaco )
    At least you're taking it quite well and not upset about it

Why are you talking about what happend in 2022 or even 2023 ????? How this will affect the performance TODAY !!!! I hope and pray that we will arrive in spain and take pole and win . This is the only thing i want , And if its possible to dominate. I know its hard and i always want to have some hope .The only thing i say is that i cant look away when others outperforms us and mostly when we underperforme big time. The only real , cinfirmed fact you can have is the last race not the others before that simply bacause teams EVOLVE !!! The monaco you say .while i celebrate it with all my hart mostly bacause life owned this to Lec, i know deep down that this is the most unique track in the calander. especially as it happened with the restart and we have a race in auto till the end. So no real conclusions to take from it performance wise !!!!
    IF we are competitive in Spain ,all these fears i have will almost disappear bacause we confirmed all the good you say , on track not on words.
    cars retain characteristics season to season even from 2021-2022 with a complete overhaul.

Ferrari have retained their slow corner performance for example, but we continued to chew our tyres.

Mercedes, have done well in cooler temperatures, this has been the case for quite sometime too. I remember Toto once saying "she's British".

it's actually really difficult to build a ground effect car that is good in all conditions, even Red Bull can't do it yet.

Mclaren might actually be the closest.

Not a real track, cold, wet, new tarmac....stick a pin and pick an excuse....meanwhile all our rivals coped just fine.
    Forza Ferrari

they have to do better, there's no doubt about it. Red Bull had this issue last season where their tyre degredation was amazing, but they couldn't generate heat in qualifying. They couldn't fix it that whole season. Let's hope they can fix it with the Silverstone update. This weakness, really got exposed in a bad way on Saturday, and things just kept getting worse and worse.

But this is probably the first race this year, where I don't think we maximized the result.

but the sky isn't falling, as Charles said, let's not get too up after Monaco, so let's not get too down after Canada.

i would have liked a radio message like Max had in Monaco. "we're slow, but we understand why".

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Not a real track, cold, wet, new tarmac....stick a pin and pick an excuse....meanwhile all our rivals coped just fine.
    I'm not picking any of them as an excuse
    But people stop treating this race like an indicator for all other races, just like we shouldn't treating Monaco like one as well
    Everyone has weakness in their car, even Red Bull had their weakness in bumby tracks and ridding the kerbs
    They were nowhere in Monaco, we won that race so that means we are faster than them ? No
    We were nowhere in Canada, Mercedes was faster than us this race so that means they are overall a faster team than us now ? Also no

Every year we always had an off race like that. Remember France 2021, or Mexico 2022, or Silverstone last year ?
    Let just wait until (or after) Spain to make a conclusion

Quote Originally Posted by DefaultSettings View Post
    Jeez,.. all HAM haters have a short memory.
    Your point is valid for all those MSC years in Ferrari. You could have put in a Fisichella in the car and maybe Barrichello would have won all the championships
    Mate, let me spell it for yiu so you understand

The only difference between the titles that Hamster won while at Mercedes and the ones Michael won with Ferrari is that, hamster and Merc had no competition from other teams as they were miles ahead of everyone in the power unit department….but back in the 2000-2004 era there were other teams that were competitive and able to fight for wins, like McLaren, Williams, Renault….etc…so yeah, Michael had some sheer competition and was NOT running away with the championships like Lewis

I hope yiu now get it through your thick skull, now that I’ve spelled for ya

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    they have to do better, there's no doubt about it. Red Bull had this issue last season where their tyre degredation was amazing, but they couldn't generate heat in qualifying. They couldn't fix it that whole season. Let's hope they can fix it with the Silverstone update. This weakness, really got exposed in a bad way on Saturday, and things just kept getting worse and worse.

But this is probably the first race this year, where I don't think we maximized the result.

but the sky isn't falling, as Charles said, let's not get too up after Monaco, so let's not get too down after Canada.

i would have liked a radio message like Max had in Monaco. "we're slow, but we understand why".

Thats what im saying . what bothered me the most was that we where at lost. Thing that triggers alarms that it could happen again !!! If i read that the team identified completely the problem and have solutions for that ,it would be better.Not 100% bacause this had to be confirmed on track.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Exactly, we find all the excuses in the book when we TOTALLY botched the whole weekend…who,e others had no issues at all
    We just were below par and mediocre the whole weekend

Hopefully the team will learn from this, regroup and come stronger in Spain

Exactly, we find all the excuses in the book when we TOTALLY botched the whole weekend…who,e others had no issues at all

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

our competitors don't have the tyre warming weakness, and the cold weather performance is a Mercedes STRENGTH

THATs what i'm saying. The performance this weekend isn't inexplicable, the temperatures made it a recipe for disaster, combined with some extra mistakes in execution, made the result absolutely dreadful.

they have to get on top of qualifying immediately, and that means bring the Silverstone update, and hopefully that gets the tyre into temperature and keeps it there, without effecting our current tyre degredation

see, we have strengths too, as demonstrated in Suzuka, possibly field leading tyre degredation

possibly best slow corner performance

Fred has already stated the silverstone update will address these weaknesses which we have known about since this car hit the track

Thats what im saying . what bothered me the most was that we where at lost. Thing that triggers alarms that it could happen again !!! If i read that the team identified completely the problem and have solutions for that ,it would be better.Not 100% bacause this had to be confirmed on track.
    we already know we struggle with tyre warmup, and we already know Mercedes does well in cold.

even if they didn't say they understood it, it's pretty easy to see the reasons for the poor performance

i'm not saying we're going to be on pole in Spain, we need updates to fix the tyre warmup issue, those are due in Silverstone, we also know this. but as you have said, we don't know until those make it to the track.

and as i said before, it's not like we didn't watch all last season, where Red Bull struggled in qualifying, and destroyed us with tyre degredation in the race.

we already know we struggle with tyre warmup, and we already know Mercedes does well in cold.

even if they didn't say they understood it, it's pretty easy to see the reasons for the poor performance

i'm not saying we're going to be on pole in Spain, we need updates to fix the tyre warmup issue, those are due in Silverstone, we also know this. but as you have said, we don't know until those make it to the track.

and as i said before, it's not like we didn't watch all last season, where Red Bull struggled in qualifying, and destroyed us with tyre degredation in the race.

Bad race, these things do happen from time to time.

Hope we learn from it!

Bring on the 24u of Le Mans this weekend!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

8 podiums out of 10 races, 2 wins with 1st-2nd and 1st-3rd finishing order, the only real non Red Bull pole, both the driver and the team seating P2 in the championship....but one bad race makes everything irrelevant and now Ferrari is slower than the Merc!

Funny how the minds of some posters here work. Enjoy the life and learn to move on.

the thing is that That RedBulls strugle last year was them still taking poles and when they couldnt thay took 2nd . And in race they where omt just competitive but dominant. So yes that was a compromise. We now are from having some troubles to qualy to be completely incompetitive and so fragile under circumstances ,and in the race we are fighting to be competitive and aiming just for podiums (and a win if everything goes 110% for us and so and so for the others) . So sorry but cant compare the 2 of them.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

the thing is that That RedBulls strugle last year was them still taking poles and when they couldnt thay took 2nd . And in race they where omt just competitive but dominant. So yes that was a compromise. We now are from having some troubles to qualy to be completely incompetitive and so fragile under circumstances ,and in the race we are fighting to be competitive and aiming just for podiums (and a win if everything goes 110% for us and so and so for the others) . So sorry but cant compare the 2 of them.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    8 podiums out of 10 races, 2 wins with 1st-2nd and 1st-3rd finishing order, the only real non Red Bull pole, both the driver and the team seating P2 in the championship....but one bad race makes everything irrelevant and now Ferrari is slower than the Merc!

Funny how the minds of some posters here work. Enjoy the life and learn to move on.
    And why toy have to exaggerate in our performance and downplay others ?? Will this help out rasults /image ?? You are taking Monaco win as a super performance?? A race as it happend it was it never happened ?? The cars start and finish and finished like in parade ! In Canada ( still i admit a more unique track then others but not as much as Monaco by any means) a race where we had multiple conditions and lot of fights between 3 teams .And these 3 teams where super competitive in all conditions when we where NOWHERE with no grip anywhere wet or dry . But no we have to downplay it because we had good results in the past ???!!! And the thing is that i bet you anything that if the results where the opposite , you would 110 % had taken it as granted that this performance established us a champion candidate. why we have to look at things only under Ferrari glasses ??? You ( and Cavvalino, elano and propably some others) say that some of us ( i bat you reffering to me) that i now take for granted that Merc is faster then us!! Please remind me where exactly i mention it ???? Where did i say exactly that ???? Or the thought from what i saw in Canada and what i read in the net ( the same that we all and you mostly take infos about us) that Mercs performance might not be 1 off and they propably have found some solutions, offends you ??? Are we prohibited to say such things??? We only have to say ferrari is the best ????!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And why toy have to exaggerate in our performance and downplay others ?? Will this help out rasults /image ?? You are taking Monaco win as a super performance?? A race as it happend it was it never happened ?? The cars start and finish and finished like in parade ! In Canada ( still i admit a more unique track then others but not as much as Monaco by any means) a race where we had multiple conditions and lot of fights between 3 teams .And these 3 teams where super competitive in all conditions when we where NOWHERE with no grip anywhere wet or dry . But no we have to downplay it because we had good results in the past ???!!! And the thing is that i bet you anything that if the results where the opposite , you would 110 % had taken it as granted that this performance established us a champion candidate. why we have to look at things only under Ferrari glasses ??? You ( and Cavvalino, elano and propably some others) say that some of us ( i bat you reffering to me) that i now take for granted that Merc is faster then us!! Please remind me where exactly i mention it ???? Where did i say exactly that ???? Or the thought from what i saw in Canada and what i read in the net ( the same that we all and you mostly take infos about us) that Mercs performance might not be 1 off and they propably have found some solutions, offends you ??? Are we prohibited to say such things??? We only have to say ferrari is the best ????!!!
    I think less "?" would do you good cause it is quite tough to keep with all those question marks.
    I've said what I had to say, nothing more nothing else. I didn't mention you or call out your name or anything like that, so that's entirely your problem if my post triggered you into hysterics.

Canada was bad but that doesn't diminish Ferrari's on track achievements of this year so far. I'm not going to dwell on it and I'm already looking forward to Barcelona. I'd suggest you to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think less "?" would do you good cause it is quite tough to keep with all those question marks.
    I've said what I had to say, nothing more nothing else. I didn't mention you or call out your name or anything like that, so that's entirely your problem if my post triggered you into hysterics.

Canada was bad but that doesn't diminish Ferrari's on track achievements of this year so far. I'm not going to dwell on it and I'm already looking forward to Barcelona. I'd suggest you to do the same.
    Me also . What else can we do except waiting and hopping.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Just a little aside from all of this discussion....someone said "If a few weeks ago Charles was given a choice between a win in Monaco and a DNF in Canada or a podium at each of the above which would he choose?"
    We all know he would have chosen the former. I must admit that as a Ferrari fan I would have chosen the latter. 30-36 points better than 25 but I am not a proud Monegasque with something to prove which he has done.
    In a way that remark put all of the shenanigans of this weekend into perspective for me. Thought I would share it here.

Forza Jules

Mate, let me spell it for yiu so you understand

The only difference between the titles that Hamster won while at Mercedes and the ones Michael won with Ferrari is that, hamster and Merc had no competition from other teams as they were miles ahead of everyone in the power unit department….but back in the 2000-2004 era there were other teams that were competitive and able to fight for wins, like McLaren, Williams, Renault….etc…so yeah, Michael had some sheer competition and was NOT running away with the championships like Lewis

I hope yiu now get it through your thick skull, now that I’ve spelled for ya

Cheers

For whoever this 8 year old is ^^:

Let's break it down:

2014-2016: Sure, Mercedes had a strong car, but remember the fierce rivalry with his teammate Nico Rosberg? It took incredible skill to win two out of three titles against a teammate with the same equipment. Rosberg's win in 2016 wasn't a walk in the park either, proving that even with the best car, it's not guaranteed.

2017-2018: Ferrari was highly competitive. Sebastian Vettel was leading the championship for significant parts of both seasons. It wasn't just about having a good car; it was about consistent performance and making fewer mistakes under pressure.

2018 German Grand Prix: Remember when Hamilton started 14th and won the race? Clearly, that was all down to the car and not his ability to manage changing conditions and seize opportunities.

Statistics: Hamilton has the most pole positions in F1 history. Pole positions aren't handed out; they require sheer speed and precision over a single lap. His consistency across different eras and regulation changes further highlights his adaptability and skill.

As for the competition, let's not forget that Schumacher's era also had dominant cars and team orders. In 2002, Ferrari was so dominant that the FIA had to change the points system to prevent the championship from being wrapped up too early. Every era has its dominant teams; the true test is how a driver performs within those contexts.

So, yeah, Hamilton had no competition and just coasted to his championships. Thanks for spelling it out.

Cheers!

OK... I read all the comments and sheesh.

My opinion is that Ferrari did poorly because of a perfect storm , ie. cold conditions (we're known to do bad) and also
    (1) Charles had an engine issue from the start that made his race a living hell and in my opinion it could be handled a bit (not too much) better by pulling the car in and trying to reboot the engine, albeit that would have the risk of NOT restarting , ie. retiring the car
    (2) Carloss had his incident.

Guess what, stuff happens. It's racing, we move on, and we're talking about Ferrari, there is a word associated with Scuderia : PERSEVERE. Team will regroup, study the data, analyze and fix things. Have faith to the team.
    Re: Merc. They are known to do good with COLD. So I am not surprised. But I doubt they magically fixed ALL their issues. However let's see.

Can we chill and see how things will proceed come next GP now?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    OK... I read all the comments and sheesh.

My opinion is that Ferrari did poorly because of a perfect storm , ie. cold conditions (we're known to do bad) and also
    (1) Charles had an engine issue from the start that made his race a living hell and in my opinion it could be handled a bit (not too much) better by pulling the car in and trying to reboot the engine, albeit that would have the risk of NOT restarting , ie. retiring the car
    (2) Carloss had his incident.

Guess what, stuff happens. It's racing, we move on, and we're talking about Ferrari, there is a word associated with Scuderia : PERSEVERE. Team will regroup, study the data, analyze and fix things. Have faith to the team.
    Re: Merc. They are known to do good with COLD. So I am not surprised. But I doubt they magically fixed ALL their issues. However let's see.

Can we chill and see how things will proceed come next GP now?
    Definitely. We said a lot of thing's (me the most) . What is done is done and it's in the past. Let's move on and hope for the best.

Let's break it down:

2014-2016: Sure, Mercedes had a strong car, but remember the fierce rivalry with his teammate Nico Rosberg? It took incredible skill to win two out of three titles against a teammate with the same equipment. Rosberg's win in 2016 wasn't a walk in the park either, proving that even with the best car, it's not guaranteed.

2017-2018: Ferrari was highly competitive. Sebastian Vettel was leading the championship for significant parts of both seasons. It wasn't just about having a good car; it was about consistent performance and making fewer mistakes under pressure.

2018 German Grand Prix: Remember when Hamilton started 14th and won the race? Clearly, that was all down to the car and not his ability to manage changing conditions and seize opportunities.

Statistics: Hamilton has the most pole positions in F1 history. Pole positions aren't handed out; they require sheer speed and precision over a single lap. His consistency across different eras and regulation changes further highlights his adaptability and skill.

As for the competition, let's not forget that Schumacher's era also had dominant cars and team orders. In 2002, Ferrari was so dominant that the FIA had to change the points system to prevent the championship from being wrapped up too early. Every era has its dominant teams; the true test is how a driver performs within those contexts.

So, yeah, Hamilton had no competition and just coasted to his championships. Thanks for spelling it out.

Cheers!
    Nothing really compares to Schumacher's wins from 1992 to 2000 in the current era.

The Williams in 1994 and 1995 were the fastest cars.

His races from 1996 and especially 1997 and 1998 were exceptional, considering how fast the Williams and then McLaren were and how far behind his teammate usually was in comparison.

Even in 2000, the F1-2000 in terms of pure pace was probably slightly slower than the McLaren MP4/15, but more reliable.

Then after that there was the combination of McLaren, Williams and Renault to contend with.

It was only in 2002 and 2004 where Ferrari was so dominant.
    Last edited by JPZ; 11th June 2024 at 05:39.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Nothing really compares to Schumacher's wins from 1992 to 2000 in the current era.

His races from 1996 and especially 1997 and 1998 were exceptional, considering how fast the Williams and then McLaren were and how far behind his teammate usually was in comparison.

Even in 2000, the F1-2000 in terms of pure pace was probably slightly slower than the McLaren MP4/15, but more reliable.

Then after that there was the combination of McLaren, Williams and Renault to contend with.

To the point.
    Contrary to RBR (not just this RBR era but also Seb) and Merc , Ferrari only had 2 dominant cars, 2002 and 2004. Other than those two, Ferrari had to work for their championships, which makes that era all so special. That 2000 championship, is something I will never forget.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Let's break it down:

Cheers!
    i'd suggest you join a Lewis forum mate....i'm sure there are lots out there

good bye
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

exactly this......the 6 year old child DefaultSettings should take note of this
    Michael may have had a good car especially 2000-2004 era, but he also had some hard competition from other team i meantioned above....

Good news if true.. Ferrari trying to get new floor done in time.for Barcelona. Supposed to bring better load and even better efficiency.