Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Canadian GP - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Not trash, but the truth. Unfortunately the truth hurts for some people.
    It's a trash comment.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    RB & Mclaren does have quick car in all conditions. These small glitches shouldn’t stop them.

On the other side, Ferrari thinks which track suits our car. It shouldn’t be that way. Fastest car should & will work in all conditions. Ferrari isn’t fastest car yet.

They are 3rd fastest, team should realise this.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Why must I explain any of this to you?
    Because your response to the OP was a "trash comment."

Otherwise, you cannot explain the "trash comment" and have nothing to back up your "trash comment."
    It's not how start but how you finish.

We might have gone off piste a little here. So back to the racing. Me I think Binotto might have paid Ferrari a visit yesterday as the guest TP.
    That race was more his style than what we were beginning to become accustomed to with Fred.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Because your response to the OP was a "trash comment."

Otherwise, you cannot explain the "trash comment" and have nothing to back up your "trash comment."
    Nah, I don't need to answer your long list of questions in order to justify the fact that the OP was a trash comment. It was. I will not take on the impossible burden of disabusing you or any other Hamilton hater of your/their ridiculous and irrational hatred. I have better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    We might have gone off piste a little here. So back to the racing. Me I think Binotto might have paid Ferrari a visit yesterday as the guest TP.
    That race was more his style than what we were beginning to become accustomed to with Fred.
    True! Switching to hards when every conceivable indicator says it's about to rain again, and then switching to inters one lap later, is 100% Binotto!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s one of the race for Mercs. Don’t worry.
    Exactly.
    Panic runs amoc with just a good race from Merc.
    They had a good race in a track that suits them and omg... omg... omg... they're faster than us !

Jesus.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Exactly.
    They had a good race in a track that suits them and omg... omg... omg... they're faster than us !

Jesus.
    I agree with this but let's look at the race as a whole.

There were teams that were adaptable to the ever changing environment. Ferrari on the other hand looked lost.

Would you like to see the communication exchange between Leclerc and Bozzi? Leclerc was right all along but Bozzi kept with a "wait and see" hold....he looked somewhat clueless to the situation. Yes, he's new to this type of situation and it's a learning phase but I think he needs to listen to Leclerc.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 10th June 2024 at 13:19.

Would you like to see the communication exchange between Leclerc and Bozzi? Leclerc was right all along but Bozzi kept with a "wait and see" hold....he looked somewhat clueless to the situation. Yes, he's new to this type of situation and it's a learning phase but I think he needs to listen to Leclerc.
    I for one would love to. I have not seen or heard it.

Forza Jules

I'll post it sometime today. If I'm not mistaken, it gets inflammatory.

Exactly.

Jesus.
    you should have been here yesterday, it was bad

forget that Leclerc's engine was useless, and Sainz had early damage.

Bryan to Charles: "We have issues with the engine but we keep pushing."

Charles to Bryan: "How much a I losing down the straights."

Bryan to Charles: "Quite a bit.....keep pushing"

Charles to Bryan: "I don't want this answer. When I'm asking please tell me!"

Bryan to Charles: "Half a second."

Charles to Bryan: "Impossible to overtake with this issue to be honest."

Bryan to Charles: "I know."

Bryan tells him that the rain will come.

Charles: "It‘s close to dry."

Charles: "It‘s ****ing frustrating. It feels way more than half a second."

Bryan: "Yes it increased, we more of a second now."

Bryan to Charles: "We think we fixed the issue!!!"

Charles: "Yeah we got the rain."

Bryan: "Keep it on track. Just two laps with rain."

Charles: "Should we box again? It‘s raining too much."

Bryan: "It‘s two laps."

Charles: "For f*** sakes, it‘s raining too much. I am losing like 10s."

Charles: "Think about engine mileage."

Bryan: "Yes we know."

Charles: "What is target? I mean what are we trying to do?"

Bryan: "We just wait for the situation to settle and then we decide."

Charles: "We are completely fine engine wise?"

Bryan: "Yes we are."

He didn‘t copy and then Bryan asked him: "Do you copy?"

Charles: "Yeah yeah, that is a good idea."

Charles retires the car.

Thank you in anticipation jgonzalesm6

Forza Jules

Exactly.

Jesus.
    Are we sure about that ????
    Because i've been reading other things !!
    For the first time in two years, Mercedes are confident in their development path. James Allison has overseen a series of highly effective updates, making critical changes after a tricky start to the year.

Whilst one race weekend is a small sample size, these changes are already generating results. Not only is the W15 more stable and predictable, but it is now correlating accurately from the simulator to the track.

As reported by formu1a.uno several weeks ago, the Brackley-based team is pursuing an aggressive development plan.

Updates will arrive regularly in the upcoming rounds as Mercedes looks to build upon its new baseline. The team can now trust in their simulation tools and wind tunnel correlation. Therefore, upgrades can be relied upon to generate their desired impact.

Toto Wolff is optimistic about these incoming improvements:

“Everyone at Brackley and Brixworth continues to work incredibly hard, and it’s great to see their efforts rewarded with our first podium of the year.

“I hope that we can continue this positive trajectory. Looking ahead to Barcelona, it’s a circuit that really tests a car. We are excited to go there and truly understand where we are performance-wise.”
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Are sure about that ????
    Bacause i've being reading other things !!
    I'm going to reserve my position on Mercedes until Catalunya...then I will see IF Mercedes have rectified there issues and have a competent car.

Gosh that was interesting. Charles was right all of the time. The driver knows best in these conditions what is possible/impossible.
    Thank you for posting.

Forza Jules

Are we sure about that ????
    Because i've been reading other things !!
    they say that every few races mate, as usual you don't pay attention

you probalby also forgot that Mercedes did well in cool conditions in Hungary and Brazil 2022

Gosh that was interesting. Charles was right all of the time. The driver knows best in these conditions what is possible/impossible.
    Thank you for posting.
    the race was lost on Saturday and with the engine issue, i don't mind trying the hard tyres, it would have gained a pitstop, and if it rained again, you have a shot even without full engine power

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    they say that every few races mate, as usual you don't pay attention

you probalby also forgot that Mercedes did well in cool conditions in Hungary and Brazil 2022
    1st of all , stop attacking to everyone who doesnt leav in the clouds like you !!!! You just talk but the results say other things !!! I didnt say that they WILL be up there to the top as i disagree with you that you are taking for granted that they wil be on the previous bad condition , just because you say so !!! And we that we act and performed like a midfield team we all the troubles and probleps you can immagine and the team to not have a clue about it , you are so confident that what ?? It was just a joke from us ?? the team just said " ok lets compete with the slowest team just for a change ???!!!!!
    So please dont respond to me with this attitude again as i dont do it with you . You make big claims .I just put the facts on the table and anybody can think what they want !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

1st of all , stop attacking to everyone who doesnt leav in the clouds like you !!!! You just talk but the results say other things !!! I didnt say that they WILL be up there to the top as i disagree with you that you are taking for granted that they wil be on the previous bad condition , just because you say so !!! And we that we act and performed like a midfield team we all the troubles and probleps you can immagine and the team to not have a clue about it , you are so confident that what ?? It was just a joke from us ?? the team just said " ok lets compete with the slowest team just for a change ???!!!!!
    So please dont respond to me with this attitude again as i dont do it with you . You make big claims .I just put the facts on the table and anybody can think what they want !!!!!!
    it's one race!

Ferrari is second in constructors championship, won a quarter of the races before yesterday, with a 1-2, THAT is what the results say buddy. THAT is the facts, not the facts that you just put down.

THE OTHER FACT is what i just said about Mercedes cold weather performance. Again, you've offered me no facts.

Here are some more facts and highly informed opinions, you failed to come up with.

we've been terrible in the wet for years

we made updates to the car this season to improve tyre degredation

unfortunately that has meant we can't put heat in the tyres like we used to

this has hurt us in qualifying, starts, restarts, cold weather, ANDDD, it's going to make wet weather worse.

more facts...

Leclerc had an engine issue... it happens

Sainz got damage early from starting so far back... it happens

this is NOT an indicative result, it was the perect storm, combined with some setup mistakes as well.

the claim that you use "FACTS" is preposterous, from the start of the weekend you were claiming that the Imola updates didn't help qualifying performances.
    They were never supposed to, those are due for Silverstone.

The problem with your posts are that they are emotional and NOT guided by the facts. Whereas my posts, reference past races, and actual development plans, and technical analysis.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 10th June 2024 at 16:35. Reason: added more facts

Was busy with work, so couldn't follow the whole weekend as closely as I'd have otherwise. But after seeing the end result, guess I didn't miss much.

A double DNF is a bitter pill to swallow after experiencing jubilation a fortnight ago. Everything that could've gone wrong had gone wrong. But that's racing, I sure we will bounce back and will get back to our usual position in the pecking order.

Mercedes speak loudly and underdeliver every race there and there after 2022
    Before the season, after Bahrain testing Allison said that they were faster than Ferrari and McLaren was far behind, and then it turned out they were 4th fastest team, even at some points was slower than Aston and Haas
    In 2023, they were 2nd in the WCC, but in the earlier of the season Aston was faster than them, and in the end Ferrari and McLaren was much faster than them, they truly never had the 2nd best car
    I won't trust a thing spoken from them about car performance, especially in this ground effect era

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Mercedes speak loudly and underdeliver every race there and there after 2022
    Before the season, after Bahrain testing Allison said that they were faster than Ferrari and McLaren was far behind, and then it turned out they were 4th fastest team, even at some points was slower than Aston and Haas
    In 2023, they were 2nd in the WCC, but in the earlier of the season Aston was faster than them, and in the end Ferrari and McLaren was much faster than them, they truly never had the 2nd best car
    I won't trust a thing spoken from them about car performance, especially in this ground effect era
    nah, they're second fastest, we're 6th behind Aston and Visa Cash Grabb, Pure Passion convinced me with his facts
    Last edited by Cavallino; 10th June 2024 at 16:49.

it's one race!

Ferrari is second in constructors championship, won a quarter of the races before yesterday, with a 1-2, THAT is what the results say buddy. THAT is the facts, not the facts that you just put down.

THE OTHER FACT is what i just said about Mercedes cold weather performance. Again, you've offered me no facts.

Here are some more facts and highly informed opinions, you failed to come up with.

we've been terrible in the wet for years

we made updates to the car this season to improve tyre degredation

unfortunately that has meant we can't put heat in the tyres like we used to

this has hurt us in qualifying, starts, restarts, cold weather, ANDDD, it's going to make wet weather worse.

more facts...

Leclerc had an engine issue... it happens

Sainz got damage early from starting so far back... it happens

this is NOT an indicative result, it was the perect storm, combined with some setup mistakes as well.
    Man why you have to look in the past to see the future ???? You are talking like team dont evolve , they dont move ahead or fall behind ????
    All this you refer as facts are what happened from months to years ago !!! I see that in the last race Merc not out of nowhere but after updates they found performance and was in the the best or competitive from friday to the chequered flag.And i read from all journalists, analysists (even Italians) that the feedback from the team is that they finally have find there answers and they now correlate between factory and track . This claim confirmed in this last race. Dont know what will happen and OF COURSE i hope that this will not be the case and that the will again 4th team from Spain. BUT what i see in front of mw RIGHT NOW say otherwise !!! We on the other hand we came to a race where everybody anticipated us to fight for the win , and from Sunday morning we where COMPLETELY LOST !! I dont care about the rasult it self or the engine problem (this things happens ,but we have to be careful not to happen too often) , but the fact that we acted like the team lest in Saturday morning and some apprentices took over . We where so bad and most impostant the team had ( and still has) no clue at all about it !!!! This scares me to deth and antil i see the team start perform in the front again , icant just dream it or balieve it simply bacause i want to nor bacause we performed good 3-4 races ago !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Man why you have to look in the past to see the future ???? You are talking like team dont evolve , they dont move ahead or fall behind ????
    All this you refer as facts are what happened from months to years ago !!! I see that in the last race Merc not out of nowhere but after updates they found performance and was in the the best or competitive from friday to the chequered flag.And i read from all journalists, analysists (even Italians) that the feedback from the team is that they finally have find there answers and they now correlate between factory and track . This claim confirmed in this last race. Dont know what will happen and OF COURSE i hope that this will not be the case and that the will again 4th team from Spain. BUT what i see in front of mw RIGHT NOW say otherwise !!! We on the other hand we came to a race where everybody anticipated us to fight for the win , and from Sunday morning we where COMPLETELY LOST !! I dont care about the rasult it self or the engine problem (this things happens ,but we have to be careful not to happen too often) , but the fact that we acted like the team lest in Saturday morning and some apprentices took over . We where so bad and most impostant the team had ( and still has) no clue at all about it !!!! This scares me to deth and antil i see the team start perform in the front again , icant just dream it or balieve it simply bacause i want to nor bacause we performed good 3-4 races ago !!!!!
    I didn't know that Monaco was 3-4 races ago.

so what do you see in front of you from one race in changing conditions, on an outlier track, with a brand new surface ?

i agree, the mistake in Q2, is inexcusable. we had no pace in FP3 either, we realized then in the qualy sims that we couldn't get the tyres up to temp

but we do well in Spain the last few years, especially when it used to have that last chicane. We would have won 2022 if not for an engine failure.

nah, they're second fastest, we're 6th behind Aston and Visa Cash Grabb, Pure Passion convinced me with his facts
    No celebrate the double DNF and dont look the others take wins and podiums because CAVALLINO said we are better then them . We dont need to confirm it.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

No celebrate the double DNF and dont look the others take wins and podiums because CAVALLINO said we are better then them . We dont need to confirm it.
    The first race after 9 races where Mercedes finished in front of Ferrari does not make them a better team than us

I didn't know that Monaco was 3-4 races ago.

so what do you see in front of you from one race in changing conditions, on an outlier track, with a brand new surface ?

i agree, the mistake in Q2, is inexcusable. we had no pace in FP3 either

but we do well in Spain the last few years, especially when it used to have that last chicane. We would have won 2022 if not for an engine failure.
    Why are you talking about what happend in 2022 or even 2023 ????? How this will affect the performance TODAY !!!! I hope and pray that we will arrive in spain and take pole and win . This is the only thing i want , And if its possible to dominate. I know its hard and i always want to have some hope .The only thing i say is that i cant look away when others outperforms us and mostly when we underperforme big time. The only real , cinfirmed fact you can have is the last race not the others before that simply bacause teams EVOLVE !!! The monaco you say .while i celebrate it with all my hart mostly bacause life owned this to Lec, i know deep down that this is the most unique track in the calander. especially as it happened with the restart and we have a race in auto till the end. So no real conclusions to take from it performance wise !!!!
    IF we are competitive in Spain ,all these fears i have will almost disappear bacause we confirmed all the good you say , on track not on words.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Why are you talking about what happend in 2022 or even 2023 ????? How this will affect the performance TODAY !!!! I hope and pray that we will arrive in spain and take pole and win . This is the only thing i want , And if its possible to dominate. I know its hard and i always want to have some hope .The only thing i say is that i cant look away when others outperforms us and mostly when we underperforme big time. The only real , cinfirmed fact you can have is the last race not the others before that simply bacause teams EVOLVE !!! The monaco you say .while i celebrate it with all my hart mostly bacause life owned this to Lec, i know deep down that this is the most unique track in the calander. especially as it happened with the restart and we have a race in auto till the end. So no real conclusions to take from it performance wise !!!!
    IF we are competitive in Spain ,all these fears i have will almost disappear bacause we confirmed all the good you say , on track not on words.
    Canada this year is still an unique - outlier - unnormal track. Wet - dry interchangeable condition, completely new resurface, cold as hell , plus an engine problem. And you know what, most of those things are SF-24's weakness
    Performance on this track doesn't not relate to other tracks

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    The first race after 9 races where Mercedes finished in front of Ferrari does not make them a better team than us
    Who said that they ARE better then us. In Canada witch was the last race ( not some race before) where way better then us. But as much as we cant say that this makes them better then us, the same we cant be cocky and dont consider that the might actualy have found some solutions and they will be another team we have to fight with an sometimes beat us. If i told toy before that i read some rumours said that they will be good in Canada bacause they found some solutions in the foctory, you would laugh about it and say " man dont bother with them , they are distant 4th team and they are all words" And look what happend .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!