Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2024 Canadian Grand Prix-Practice and Qualifying Thread.

Anyway I won't be watching race tomorrow as I will be attending Megadeth concert in Budapest

Let's just admit that Verstappen is just leagues ahead of everyone else. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Always44 View Post
    Well that was not good was it. Heck!!!!
    Forza Ferrari

We were up there with Red Bull and Mclaren and now we are behind even the Mercedes.

Mecerdes was one front wing away from becoming pole and race win contender
    What is that front wing

Interesting quali.

Okay, Mercedes, RedBull(Max), and Mclaren are usually in the top six.

How did both AMRF1's, both VCARBS, and a Williams beat Ferrari in quali??? smh
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Did they had new?
    Of course we had new softs, we were saving them for Q3….lmao
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Merc cheat front wing seems to be working.
    Cheat?? You mean CLEVER

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    qualy upgrade are due in Silverstone, buddy, relax
    Not really . And how can i relax ????From Miami -Imola ( when all teams had their upgrades) Ves with tonnes of troubles in almost every weekend , is there or there about / McL is always there in the 1st 2 rows ,Merc now takes pole (we managed only in Monaco a VERY special track where everything can happen) and WE ,who by Lec's words where aiming for victory , and up outside Q3 11th-12th . Well excuse me but its pretty hard to swallow !!!! We are sceaming for some joy (not a firework of 1 race) for 15 years now !!!! we are literally start having psychological issues and struggles to "understand" all these failures and just hope for the next race,year,rules etc etc. I know and i use to say it to the other's , that this is what we have and ther is nothing that we fans can do about it, Its just that moments like right now have become really REALLY HARD
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Disaster team that will never learn. At this point I'm thinking decades more without titles.

That was a disaster for us. Anyone know if Binotto is the guest TP this weekend? (just joking)
    After the highs of last weekend we could be forgiven for expecting more here. Yesterday the car was quick and it looked promising for the weekend ahead. Charles sounded very positive. So what on earth happened overnight?

Forza Jules

It’s clearly evident that RB & McLaren have the complete cars & can dominate every weekend. Where as Ferrari car has some weakness (Quali) which they are not able figure it out.

I see this Merc performance is one off. I’ll not worry unless there’s another turn around from them in next couple of races.

: “the real problem today is that every lap we did we were between 8th and 12th.

i’m pretty ****** off.

in the end, we’re just not quick enough.”
    Lec
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

What a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    What a disaster.
    Ferrari style disaster.....well we are all used to it at least by now

Charles Leclerc to Sky Sports F1: “Not happy to be out in Q2. The biggest issue is that we were so slow. In dry conditions, we were nowhere. We don’t understand it yet. We’ve got to look into it. Since FP3 we’ve been nowhere. The car just feels bad. There’s no grip at all.”
    https://x.com/SkySportsF1/status/1799555471470141680

Results like today's, is not like we missed something or something happened and just could managed to go through or whatever. It's exactly what Lec said. WE WHERE NOWHERE in the dry. In all FP3 and in every lap in Q1 & Q2 we where miserably slow. And I'm asking? What to expect for the future?? OK everything can happen, I know that , but is there anything to really grab on and say "OK this looks good so we can go better" ??? We had that and the team destroyed it. For what reason can we expect to do better in Spain or for the upgrades to work in Silverstone??? Results like today's are so bad not just for grid position itself, but because it's destroyes your hopes!!! It's this luck of stability that this team is lacking big time and unfortunately even Vasseurs, who seemed to do such a good job in the team, can't fix it.

Sorry for all the posts and the outburst, but I hurt a lot today. Let's see if we can achieve anything tomorrow and then pray that it's was just a one- off !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Sorry for all the posts and the outburst, but I hurt a lot today. Let's see if we can achieve anything tomorrow and then pray that it's was just a one- off !!!!
    So agree with that sentiment. To-morrow is another day and maybe the Friday car will be back. Could it be a matter that we are set up for a wet race or is our car still rubbish on cold circuits? It won't be easy trying to storm through the field safely.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    So agree with that sentiment. To-morrow is another day and maybe the Friday car will be back. Could it be a matter that we are set up for a wet race or is our car still rubbish on cold circuits? It won't be easy trying to storm through the field safely.
    It's a mystery because yesterday when it supposedly was worst conditions then today, low temperatures and intermediate state of the asphalt (wet-dry),we where quite good ,always there in every single lap. The FP1-2 analysis from many where talking how good the car was on traction and how good we've managed to activate the front axel (tires) .They where say that It looks like we have solve this problem that hurt us before (China)
    In FP2 Lec was among the fastest and he was on mediums while others where on softs. And then on intermediates he was the fastest!!!!!
    So you reading this ,you see the results and say OK we look to be in a good position.
    And then PF3 comes with better conditions then yesterday, full dry and we struggle big time. And the team seems to not understand why so to fix it !!!!!
    So what to think from all this ???!!!! That we have a chance (not only for tomorrow) ???? Or that in every race the team might end up below expectations. That's what devastates me!!!!
    RedBull & McL (especially McL) look so stable and performs in every single day. And if Merc have finally solve their problems with their new front wing ??? Are we looking to go back to be 4th best????

Not really . And how can i relax ????From Miami -Imola ( when all teams had their upgrades) Ves with tonnes of troubles in almost every weekend , is there or there about / McL is always there in the 1st 2 rows ,Merc now takes pole (we managed only in Monaco a VERY special track where everything can happen) and WE ,who by Lec's words where aiming for victory , and up outside Q3 11th-12th . Well excuse me but its pretty hard to swallow !!!! We are sceaming for some joy (not a firework of 1 race) for 15 years now !!!! we are literally start having psychological issues and struggles to "understand" all these failures and just hope for the next race,year,rules etc etc. I know and i use to say it to the other's , that this is what we have and ther is nothing that we fans can do about it, Its just that moments like right now have become really REALLY HARD
    not what i said

those Imola upgrades were not for the qualy issues, end of story

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Probably not. The team wouldn't be so mystified if that was the simple reason. Everyone knows what conditions are expected tomorrow and everyone is set up accordingly. We shouldn't be so far off on that reason alone. As for cold conditions, it was cold on Friday yet the car was a lot better. There's something severely wrong.

It seems we send our drivers out with used soft and most teams choose fresh tyres. It was a Binoto Ferrari move of the past.

We need to stop with the hyperbole a bit here. We need an explanation where we went wrong but don't write us off purely because of this.

Perez went out also and couldn't explain the lack of grip, these cars still have quirks we don't always understand, Mercedes have been having issues like this for ages and now they have one good Qualifying you act like they've superseded ourselves.

Max was 8th in Q2, he was struggling all quali too until his last run.

Come on guys don't throw the baby out with the bathwater over something like this.

To be fair we did not have new softs to use, Fred said they get a new set to use if you get to Q3, we used new softs on our first runs in Q2, which was still silly considering the track was getting better and better but I guess they expected rain. I doubt it changed that much for us, we are not quick here in the dry.
    Forza Ferrari

From what i read (especially from Vasseur's statements) teh tires had very strange behavior in all cars. Thats because Vasseur said that Russel's first run (and pole lap) was on used ones and in his 2nd on the new he couldnt better it and his runs where worst then Q2. So not much to read on the tires bacause it was the same for everyone. Tha hurst truth was that we where slow, TOO SLOW, slower the many many teams - drivers .Suddenly westerday , all day ,on clear dry conditions ,we where pure midfeild team performane wise. Not takling sarcastic or on anger etc, but all day ,in all laps on FP3 and Q our parformance was around and out of the top ten. This unfortunately was 2020 bad performance. And the team has no understanding of it and no solutions. Till now this looks quite a bit alarming .
    Why are we the only top team to suddenly be that bad from one day to another??? Again i read in the past month how good things had grown in the team in all areas , in simulation procedures using advanced AI etc and then all of sudden start acting like a midfield team with no performance at all and no understanding of it???? Where all those "sources" on our disposal gone ??? How can we lose SO MUCH for some reasons ???? This is so frustrating and so sad. Again we bacame the laughing stock of the field . Did you read Alo's words ?? " We (AM) are close to the top and in front of the 2 ferraris who after Monaco consider themselves title winners !!! He clearly making fun of us . Yesterday was the worst Saturday in all those bad last years !!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

From what i read (especially from Vasseur's statements) teh tires had very strange behavior in all cars. Thats because Vasseur said that Russel's first run (and pole lap) was on used ones and in his 2nd on the new he couldnt better it and his runs where worst then Q2. So not much to read on the tires bacause it was the same for everyone. Tha hurst truth was that we where slow, TOO SLOW, slower the many many teams - drivers .Suddenly westerday , all day ,on clear dry conditions ,we where pure midfeild team performane wise. Not takling sarcastic or on anger etc, but all day ,in all laps on FP3 and Q our parformance was around and out of the top ten. This unfortunately was 2020 bad performance. And the team has no understanding of it and no solutions. Till now this looks quite a bit alarming .
    Why are we the only top team to suddenly be that bad from one day to another??? Again i read in the past month how good things had grown in the team in all areas , in simulation procedures using advanced AI etc and then all of sudden start acting like a midfield team with no performance at all and no understanding of it???? Where all those "sources" on our disposal gone ??? How can we lose SO MUCH for some reasons ???? This is so frustrating and so sad. Again we bacame the laughing stock of the field . Did you read Alo's words ?? " We (AM) are close to the top and in front of the 2 ferraris who after Monaco consider themselves title winners !!! He clearly making fun of us . Yesterday was the worst Saturday in all those bad last years !!!!!!
    Brother you should stop watching F1 for a while, it will be good for you

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Brother you should stop watching F1 for a while, it will be good for you
    Yes. i know what you mean. I use to be a bit frustrated listen people takling like i do now. Its just i reach my limits. And unfortunately F1 is the only sport / hobby i have right now and the only thing that makes me take a break from the everyday life . I tryied to take a distance from it because it also doesnt do too good to me ( disappointed in almost every weekend ) but since nothing else interest me like F1. But at least i will try not to bother you any more. Just needed a place to speak out .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I trust our drivers will give it their all to-day and maybe pull something good out of the bag. It won't be easy overtaking most of those in front of us but Canada can and often does show up unlikely results. Let's hope Carlos doesn't try doing an "Ocon" move on Charles.

Forza Jules