Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Adrian Newey joins Aston Martin

For sure only time will tell what we will accomplish, but the tumors right now is not great for us.
    The only thing that matters for me is : Are the decisions (who will come ) made based on their value and is them Vasseur actual plan of creating a winning team, or its just (again) about power inside the team and egos prevailed ???!!!

If that article is true, why would Ferrari decline to allow Newey to have final say in the design of the car?

I think Vasseur is trying to build the best team possible by coaxing top engineers to join them from other teams.
    The decision to reject Newey was probably not his...........possibly Benetto Vigna's or maybe Elkan's!!!!!!!!

Forza Jules

so in other words, it was Ferrari that could not agree with the terms Newey was proposing to them; oh well, we'll see more mediocre efforts and results from Ferrari in the next regulations as well.

Because of their BIG ego, they will never learn

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I think Vasseur is trying to build the best team possible by coaxing top engineers to join them from other teams.
    The decision to reject Newey was probably not his...........possibly Benetto Vigna's or maybe Elkan's!!!!!!!!
    I don't understand why though?

What have Ferrari got to lose? It's not as if Newey is known for creating dud designs.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    I don't understand why though?

What have Ferrari got to lose? It's not as if Newey is known for creating dud designs.
    Go figure right!!

Ferrari signs an F1 driver in his descent on the F1 rise&fall curve for $400 million USD.

But they won't get an aero guru for his designs in F1 cars. I would have turned around and ditched Hamilton and signed Newey for $400 million USD.

DONE!!! Hello Championship winning cars.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I get the impression that "Ferrari" turned down Newey's offer because he wanted to bring 20 engineers with him.
    Now that should of been music to the team's ears and I am sure it was to Fred.
    Apparently the offer was turned down because these engineers might change the dynamics of the team.
    I would have thought that 20 people joining a team of probably near 1000 would integrate easily.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Go figure right!!

Ferrari signs an F1 driver in his descent on the F1 rise&fall curve for $400 million USD.

But they won't get an aero guru for his designs in F1 cars. I would have turned around and ditched Hamilton and signed Newey for $400 million USD.

DONE!!! Hello Championship winning cars.
    Ferrari are not paying Lewis $400 million, for goodness sake.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Ferrari are not paying Lewis $400 million, for goodness sake.
    Your right, reports or articles say between 410 million and 446 million over the course of Hamiltons contract.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/adrian...-demand-report

According to AutoSprint, Ferrari were happy to match whatever salary demands Newey made with a ‘whatever it takes’ attitude to that, but then he asked for ‘decision-making powers that are the prerogative of the team principal’, and Vasseur said “no”.

The 65-year-old wanted the ‘right of veto on the hiring of new engineers, the allocation of roles, and the acceptance of technical partnerships.’

Team boss Vasseur put his foot down and said no.

Your right, reports or articles say between 410 million and 446 million over the course of Hamiltons contract.
    Ferrari are not paying that, try reading some more (not that any of it is official right enough).
    Forza Ferrari

i somehow HIGHLY doubt that....it's all prolly just rumours

If Lewis does 2 WDCs with say 15 or more wins each yr ;how much in bonuses dos that come out to?

So having Adrian Newey to Ferrari rumours to Ferrari rejecting his demands is what currently happening.

Anyways it doesn’t matter for me if Ferrari comes out on top in 2026. Because Mercs proved without Newey we can win championships. 2014-2021. Even Ferrari did it schumi era then in 2008 with Kimi & almost in 2007/2010/2012.

So it’s all about right people at the right place & winning mentality with team effort.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    So having Adrian Newey to Ferrari rumours to Ferrari rejecting his demands is what currently happening.

Anyways it doesn’t matter for me if Ferrari comes out on top in 2026. Because Mercs proved without Newey we can win championships. 2014-2021. Even Ferrari did it schumi era then in 2008 with Kimi & almost in 2007/2010/2012.

So it’s all about right people at the right place & winning mentality with team effort.
    For sure you can win without Newey. Even us we have proved that you can duilt a winning car and beat Newey's.
    It's just that he has better odds to think the winning idea especially on new rules. You better possibilities with him. But as you say ,if you manage to gather the right people you can beat him.
    Now that's what I wonder. Are those who came and will come in the near future, the ones that Vasseur really want? Are they his vision and his chosen ones to be the winning team?? Or they are some spare ones or the B plan now that Newey's plan didn't work?!
    That's a question that only he knows (whatever he might say on public) and only time will tell.
    For now the only thing is that ,if we had sigh him ,we would have more hopes for the future. We would be almost certain for 26. Now we just hope.
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 8th August 2024 at 17:49.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    For sure you can win without Newey. Even us we have proved that you can duilt a winning car and beat Newey's.
    It's just that he has better odds to think the winning idea especially on new rules. You better possibilities with him. But as you say ,if you manage to gather the right people you can beat him.
    Now that's what I wonder. Are those who came and will come in the near future, the ones that Vasseur really want? Are they his vision and his chosen ones to be the winning team?? Or they are some spare ones or the B plan now that Newey's plan didn't work?!
    That's a question that only he knows (whatever he might say on public) and only time will tell.
    For now the only thing is that ,if we had sigh him ,we would have more hopes for the future. We would be almost certain for 26. Now we just hope.
    as the saying goes, HOPE DIES LAST.....

onwards and upwards....time will tell how right or how wrong we'll get the '26 rules

Lewis and Charles is for sure a winning team driver wise. Take a look over at R Bull lately ! Nothing is for sure even with a top car & driver.

I'm so afraid about this:
    https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-los...re-management/

And I think it will haunt us in the years to come.
    Of course I really hope that something happens and prove them wrong, not Newey to finally come to us, but to be able to create a winning team without him!!

Ferrari the team and Lewis the driver both want that 8th WDC to happen !! A tough act to follow for sure.

I guess Newey is not the only one who can design a good car.
    Mercedes managed 8 WCCs and 7 WCCs even though Newey was at RB!!!!
    We also got 6 WCCs and 8 WDCs while he had tenures at McLaren and RB.
    McLaren have a good car this year probably faster than RB.
    If we can get a good design engineer full of fresh and innovative ideas who knows what could happen?

Forza Jules

At one point one has to ask, is it worth it?
    Is it worth to give Newey -that- kind of power? Answer is, no.
    Noone is over Ferrari, and he asked pretty much to make calls that belong to the team principal (if we are to believe what it is said).

And I agree with racingbradley. If Mclaren for instance is putting this kind of pressure right now to RBR who for whomever forgets is a Newey creation, if Merc is also advancing, if we also were getting it straight before our mistake at Imola, all we need to do is work and get things right.

Noone says that Newey is not excellent at what he does, he is. Noone says that we'd be more than happy to get him. But at one point the question is, at what cost? And I don't mean the money.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Everything is SNAFU'd at Ferrari F1 without Newey.

Somehow change is not option at Ferrari F1.

Everything is SNAFU'd at Ferrari F1 without Newey.

Somehow change is not option at Ferrari F1.
    That's a bit of a defeatist attitude jgonzalesm6. Granted we have had some missed opportunities and situations where there was downright lack of organization in the past. But there is a new "mystery" signing to be announced shortly.
    All we can do is hope that we have secured someone who will help to bring us up to the front. Fred may have gone "shopping" to another formula or branch of the sport or it could be Mike Elliot ........he's been on gardening leave since October.
    We wait and see and hope.............................

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    That's a bit of a defeatist attitude jgonzalesm6. Granted we have had some missed opportunities and situations where there was downright lack of organization in the past. But there is a new "mystery" signing to be announced shortly.
    All we can do is hope that we have secured someone who will help to bring us up to the front. Fred may have gone "shopping" to another formula or branch of the sport or it could be Mike Elliot ........he's been on gardening leave since October.
    We wait and see and hope.............................
    Sorry if it sounds defeatist, but you can understand that the attitude at Ferrari F1 has been like this since 2008.

What's the harm with change if the current model isn't working?

Sorry if it sounds defeatist, but you can understand that the attitude at Ferrari F1 has been like this since 2008.

What's the harm with change if the current model isn't working?
    The formula has been changing for a while now , but change takes time and persistence.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    The formula has been changing for a while now , but change takes time and persistence.
    I doubt it. No one has "changed" the culture at Ferrari F1.

That's why I say it's SNAFU'd.

Of course for all the reasons you said above, it's not like only with Newey you can win.
    It's just that he has the best record in winnings as a designer and you have more hopes with him on board. BUT of course you can win without him.
    Now the big question is : Are there any good engineers/ designers left on the market??
    Are the ones that Vasseur have picked and will be announced in the future, capable of delivering a championship winning car???
    Are they the exact ones that Vasseur wanted ,he's vision, or they are the ones that just left free??
    For these questions I have to admit that I have some doubts!!!
    If we could pick from all the engineers that are out there, even the ones that work in other teams ,then I would be almost certain that we could built a very strong team and for certain we wouldn't need Newey. But now it looks like that all the " big " names( established engineers/ mechanics) have chosen to good to other teams and are left with the others .
    Of course only time will tell ,but right now it not like we are walking on a very solid plan with good possibilities to be the best team (better themn the others) ,at least on paper.
    Red Bull is RedBull and they are there or there about
    McLaren have already built a very strong team that already delivers big time
    Mercedes sawed that they also haven't lost it and they returned to fighting for podiums/ winnings
    And Aston Martin are investing big time in EVERYTHING that can be better. Form the hardware (facilities/ wind tunnel/ simulator etc ,everything is brand new and top notch) to the people. They are bringing people from left to right, to even Newey they are giving hom a blank check to put together a team with the best engineers. So on paper they look to become very very strong in the near future.

So what is it left for us???
    The only " big" name is Serra and even him can do limited things in the car. All the others are 2nd tier that probably can't compete with their adversaries from the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Of course for all the reasons you said above, it's not like only with Newey you can win.
    It's just that he has the best record in winnings as a designer and you have more hopes with him on board. BUT of course you can win without him.
    Now the big question is : Are there any good engineers/ designers left on the market??
    Are the ones that Vasseur have picked and will be announced in the future, capable of delivering a championship winning car???
    Are they the exact ones that Vasseur wanted ,he's vision, or they are the ones that just left free??
    For these questions I have to admit that I have some doubts!!!
    If we could pick from all the engineers that are out there, even the ones that work in other teams ,then I would be almost certain that we could built a very strong team and for certain we wouldn't need Newey. But now it looks like that all the " big " names( established engineers/ mechanics) have chosen to good to other teams and are left with the others .
    Of course only time will tell ,but right now it not like we are walking on a very solid plan with good possibilities to be the best team (better themn the others) ,at least on paper.
    Red Bull is RedBull and they are there or there about
    McLaren have already built a very strong team that already delivers big time
    Mercedes sawed that they also haven't lost it and they returned to fighting for podiums/ winnings
    And Aston Martin are investing big time in EVERYTHING that can be better. Form the hardware (facilities/ wind tunnel/ simulator etc ,everything is brand new and top notch) to the people. They are bringing people from left to right, to even Newey they are giving hom a blank check to put together a team with the best engineers. So on paper they look to become very very strong in the near future.

So what is it left for us???
    The only " big" name is Serra and even him can do limited things in the car. All the others are 2nd tier that probably can't compete with their adversaries from the other teams.
    The thought of Alonso driving a Mercedes-powered car designed by Newey is a bit worrying.

But we still have to see who Ferrari is hiring.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The thought of Alonso driving a Mercedes-powered car designed by Newey is a bit worrying.
    It sounds like Alonso could be the one to watch but the 2025 car will be almost ready so Newey will not be able to influence that one............he's not available till sometime next Spring. But 2026 is probably Aston Martin's target year.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 12th August 2024 at 17:40.

Forza Jules