Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Ferrari are sporting a new livery this weekend black and yellow- black suit with yellow stitching. I guess the car will be similar.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Ferrari are sporting a new livery this weekend black and yellow- black suit with yellow stitching. I guess the car will be similar.
    they're getting ready and practicing for when hamster comes along with the motto "black lives matter"....guess he'll be wearing black overalls and drive a black car????

GOD i hope not, that's when i'll stop supporting Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I believe it's something to do with Ferrari is committed to achieving carbon neutrality by 2030 & they always do something different for Monza anyway.
    I would hope we are back to the red cars at the next race. It was what attracted me to Ferrari in the first place.

Forza Jules

they're getting ready and practicing for when hamster comes along with the motto "black lives matter"....guess he'll be wearing black overalls and drive a black car????

Nothing to do with Lewis.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Nothing to do with Lewis.
    fingers crossed and i hope you're right

On the car, the only difference will be the numbers. From white to black. Nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    On the car, the only difference will be the numbers. From white to black. Nothing special.
    That's good news it would be a shame not to see red cars racing at Monza.

Forza Jules

Lewis will be going for his 6th Monza win !! 2018 was the last time.
    Last edited by Brembo; 31st August 2024 at 01:20.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Lewis will e going for his 6th Monza win !!
    and Charles for his second

and Charles for his second

Forza Jules

New floor, new front & rear wings & engine cover.

For me interesting thing is floor, it seems to be evolution of previous one. Need to see how it works, ideally this is not the track to evaluate its performance.

So Stella thinks we are on a par with McLaren. I suppose he has to say that to save his/teams face.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/...rles%20Leclerc.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    So Stella thinks we are on a par with McLaren. I suppose he has to say that to save his/teams face.

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2024/...rles%20Leclerc.
    IF the upgrades (floor etc...) work as good as it did in Monza at next tracks and we fight with them on merit, then it's GAME ON for the remaining 8 races and for WCC......WDC is a little tricky as max has a healthy lead over Charles, unless Max has couple of DNF's

time will tell

We need Stroll along side Max !!! There's your couple of DNFs !!

IF the upgrades (floor etc...) work as good as it did in Monza at next tracks and we fight with them on merit, then it's GAME ON for the remaining 8 races and for WCC......WDC is a little tricky as max has a healthy lead over Charles, unless Max has couple of DNF's

time will tell
    we're not there yet. they can easily outqualify us even at our strongest track (Monza), this does not bode well for the upcoming street circuits.

we need the wing trick either banned or on our cars immediately, atleast by COTA at the absolute latest, so we have a little over a month, Serra better work fast. And even then, i'm banking on Leclerc being the best street circuit driver in F1 to squeak the difference in Baku and Singapore.

and in addition to all of that, these upgrades need to actually be working at all tracks, and we also probably need another tenth or two from refining them.

Not really part of this discussion but I thought it was a nice article written by someone who usually criticizes Ferrari. He even spelt Monza incorrectly.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2024/09...aren-explains/

Forza Jules

Komatsu: "We will bring important updates to Austin", also with a view to 2025 where it expects to do a lot of carryover. I asked him if this won't affect the front suspension (Ferrari ➡️ pull-rod) but he just smiled, without commenting.

@Formu1auno

There are talks of upgrades coming to Austin, most notably the new front wing. I think it will make/break our season after Singapore. Both McLaren and Mercedes have made huge steps forward with their new front wings, if Ferrari can do the same with theirs, then it's game on.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    There are talks of upgrades coming to Austin, most notably the new front wing. I think it will make/break our season after Singapore. Both McLaren and Mercedes have made huge steps forward with their new front wings, if Ferrari can do the same with theirs, then it's game on.
    I’ve always said that if the upgrades we had introduced at Monza, and now that they’re talking of bringing another step to Austin in a form of a new front wing make us really competitive in the nigh speed corners (which used to be our Achilles heel) and fight for a win there, then YEAH it’s game on for the rest of the season

I’ve always said that if the upgrades we had introduced at Monza, and now that they’re talking of bringing another step to Austin in a form of a new front wing make us really competitive in the nigh speed corners (which used to be our Achilles heel) and fight for a win there, then YEAH it’s game on for the rest of the season
    we have to make these rear wings flex too. i think it's gaining them a heap of time. it's essentially always having drs

Before Miami, McLaren was 3rd in the WCC, they were 2nd/3rd best in races. But since Miami, they've literally transformed their season, they are now leading the WCC table, which again highlights their car as being the outright fastest since then. They should've scored more points than they have right now, but their drivers simply failed to maximize the full potential of their machines.

Now, I don't think McLaren have more downforce than us or Red Bull, meaning their floor is not generating more downforce. They have a conventional floor.

But their front and rear wing is quite different and innovative. Under breaking, the front gets loaded, and McLaren's (and Mercedes's) front wing gets much closer to the ground than the others, which giving them quite a substantial downforce advantage in corner entry. It was quite evident during the Dutch GP, Norris had zero understeer and the front of the car was going exactly where he was pointing it, with full compliance.

And now they have a mini DRS RW. Meaning, the upper portion of their RW is moving and opening up at high speed, which giving them DRS effect even when the flap is closed. I was quite amazed with their performance on the straights in both Monza and Baku, they were by far the fastest car on the straights in those two races.

Construction of carbon is quite important and McLaren is clearly able to bend the carbon to such an extent that giving them lap times that others can't access. Ferrari needs to do the same. Rather than complaining, they should start following the McLaren route.

Totally agree. If you can't beat them join them.

Forza Jules

Think Ferrari and RB does not want to invest in the whole flexi wing thing at this stage of the season, as it will be allot of money spent on the design and manufacturing, and seems that the FIA plans to tighten the rules for next year, so all that will be lost and can rather be spent on dev for next years car.
    So first prize would have been for the FIA to step in and stop the excessive flexing - that way Ferrari and RB does not have to spend any money on it.
    But that being said, I think both teams are now forced to go that route ...

Don't forget that all aero innovations require additional time in the wind tunnel. I don't think teams have time to change their rear wing concepts this season.

So the question is whether it's worth the investment, as the FIA ​​is likely to change the rules sooner or later.

Fred Vasseur will bring the flexible front wing to Singapore instead of Austin.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    noice, and hopefully the rear one with "mini DRS" ala mclaren a couple of races later.....since we have 3 weeks to work on it between singapore and austin

Is that your hope or have you heard that it's a defo? I would prefer a flexi rear wing think it's more efficient!

Forza Jules

ah i see it on uno

In his suitcase? just 1?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    In his suitcase? just 1?
    in his carry on...prolly just ONE for the #1 driver