Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Who could the big name be that will come in or be announced after the summer break.it has to be someone that Lewis is excited about for him to come to ferrari.it does state it's a big name.who are we forgetting about that can be the difference maker

Could Aldo Costa be coming back.could it be Ross brawn

Quote Originally Posted by djmorin27 View Post
    It would be nice.

Seems fred is getting rid of the Italians and bringing in English and Germans like the dominant years of shumi and jean todt.maybe rory burn coming back full time.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    It would be nice.
    Aldo Costa, James Allison, Paddy Lowe. Ross is maybe enjoying his fly fishing a bit too much to come back and isn't Rory Byrne still advising us?
    Maybe Fred knows someone from another category who would fit the bill......maybe he has coaxed someone from the WEC team.

Forza Jules

Who could the big name be that will come in or be announced after the summer break.it has to be someone that Lewis is excited about for him to come to ferrari.it does state it's a big name.who are we forgetting about that can be the difference maker
    Rory Byrne to come back FULL TIME

i never understood WHY we ever let Aldo Costa go....i mean seriously, he's a great designer and when we let him go, he went to Merc and he did nothing but good things over there.

Seems fred is getting rid of the Italians and bringing in English and Germans like the dominant years of shumi and jean todt.maybe rory burn coming back full time.
    I would LOVE to see Rory Byrne make a full time comeback......

Went to x and I'm seeing a little new activity on aldo nothing on ross or rory.could it be someone from redbull

So r we saying it's definitely over in getting an cus this is all speculation nothing official or are we sttting are selves up for a huge disappointment

And who the hell is motorsport italy.ther the ones reporting that he's not coming .are they legit. Always seems there are more people against ferrari in Italy than around the world .need to get to the bottom of it .if it's a big name and he's coming in after the summer break then he's been out of the sport or he's been on gardening leave

Starting to see aldo rory and Mike Elliot names pop up.but it has to be some one on gardening leave.and we are not talking about a recent departure either.some one this important must have been on vacation for at least a year or so.also you would think that there would be some response from ferrari regarding this motor sport italin new outlet claiming newey is out

That 104 th win shows Ferrari Sr Lewis has still got it ! I hope they have the car ready for him. A WCC will be a big deal!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    That 104 th win shows Ferrari Sr Lewis has still got it ! I hope they have the car ready for him. A WCC will be a big deal!!!!
    This whole Newey thing is so so tiring let it go whatever happens happens iam sure ferrari have a plan moving foward be patient for all will be revealed in good time.They say Newey is Like a God in Fi well let me tell you newey is not my God just a mere mortal on the back nine of a golf course as a matter of fact he can see the club house get my drift.

Let's just trust in Fred. He has been around a while and knows who to target for the team.

Forza Jules

Perhaps Rory Byrne will have a larger role in his consultant position.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Perhaps Rory Byrne will have a larger role in his consultant position.
    The guy is in his 80's already. He's definitely not doing the job he once used to.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    The guy is in his 80's already. He's definitely not doing the job he once used to.
    True. He has been consulting Ferrari since what? 2010?
    He also lives in Thailand and can only consult remotely.

Ferrari can't attract big names and losing them out to mediocre teams like Aston Martin, simply cause hardly any one of those big names want to move out of England and settle in Italy. Serra is the only true big signing after Allison, who had left Ferrari in 2016.

F1 is dominated by Brits, all the top engineers are from the UK. By refusing to move out of Maranello and trying to stubbornly remain true Italian, they are losing out on the only thing that matter, the championship, simply cause all the best engineers are being employed by British based teams.

Being Italian is more important to Ferrari than your desire for championships.
    Forza Ferrari

Hamilton will not be very happy if we cannot attract top engineers. There must be some talented french and other European engineers out there who would be happy to relocate to Italy. I would have thought that Ferrari would like to win the WCC to show that they are a top manufacturer.

Forza Jules

Italy can also produce top engineers....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Italy can also produce top engineers....
    It goes without saying.

Forza Jules

It's looking like it will be mike elliot.so probably going to be Elliot,serra,ambrosia and some redbull guys .I'm not counting out an to come over to.the only news outlet that claimed an is not coming is this motorsport italy.dont know how credible they are

Sarebbe di grande aiuto avere piu' ingegneri italiani ! And Sr Lewis rap in Italian.

Hmm Mike Elliot is available as he has already left Merc so the mystery x could be him.
    it would make sense if he is going to work with Serra.

Forza Jules

Well, Ferrari spending millions upon millions every year, so I'd assume they want to win the championship and their desire is much more potent than mine.
    But Ferrari, as a team and as a band, is both arrogant and hypocrite. Which is a dangerous combination to have.

Having their main base in the UK wouldn't make them less Italian than they're right now. They'd still sing the national anthem of Italy after each victory.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    He was supposedly 'heavily involved in the design' of the F1-75 and is listed as a consultant for the SF70H and SF71H.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    He was supposedly 'heavily involved in the design' of the F1-75 and is listed as a consultant for the SF70H and SF71H.
    The f175 was a good car and fast car; it had started off with lots of porpoising compared to red bull, but it was neck in neck fast with red bull….until the TD39 happened and then all crap went downhill

Who knows what it would have happened if there was NO TD39….would we have still had a fast car capable of fighting red bull/Max for the remainder of the year OR we’d fall flat on our faces as we usually tend to do on the upgrades front throughout the year.

so Fred has hope for this weekend's grand prix....

https://www.gptoday.com/full_story/v...frontrunners_/

i'm a "i'll believe it when i see it" kind of guy....

we're gonna have to see how hard our engineers have worked for the past week in getting a better more performant package....time will tell