Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    Scuderiafans mentioned that upgrades despite the bad result indeed worked. the problem was due to the suspension, couldn't handle the extra load generated therefore introducing bouncing

https://scuderiafans.com/what-if-sf-...in-spanish-gp/
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-ferrari-...-in-barcelona/
    https://scuderiafans.com/explained-w...rari-in-spain/
    but we had no bouncing in previous races.
    so is it our suspension that makes the car bounce?? setup?? or the new upgraded floor introduced bouncing again?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so is it our suspension that makes the car bounce?? setup?? or the new upgraded floor introduced bouncing again?
    Ground effect cars will always bounce and there's no way to eliminate that completely. These cars need to run with an extremely stiff suspension in order to keep the floor as low as possible, otherwise they are not going to produce good lap times. The trick is to make it manageable, something many haven't managed to mastered it yet.

Now what the Italian media is saying, to me, it sounds nothing but speculation. Yes, Ferrari indeed lowered the front floor roof/fence, which maybe producing more raw downforce. They also used a less loaded rear wing, which explains the speed on the straights (non-DRS). But we still possible can't know the reason/reasons for this sudden drop in performance compared to our main competitors. Only Ferrari know this. And hopefully, they will soon get on top of this.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    basically what i understand from what their mention is that the upgrades produced the extra downforce for what they were intended for but either the team set the suspension softer than they should therefore could not cope with extra downforce and increasing bouncing as a result or the suspension hit a structural lumitation

whether is true or not i dont know but Fred mentioned that the increased load was confirmed by the sensors on the car

No point introducing upgrades if the engineers have no idea of setting the car up come park ferme.This has been the trend lately it's a real cross your fingers and hope for the best scenario, this does not pass the pub test.Maclaren seem to have the car that set up offers little challenge ahead of redbull.Andrea Stella has done one hell of a job.Mercedes have progressed well that front wing has put them in the mix,at this point we are racing mercedes as maclaren are racing redbull,but as we know in f1 you either keep up and pass with development or you get left behind ,just ask Fernando Alonso and Aston Martin.

How challenging it must be for Carlos having to win over Merc as best his Ferrari will get him and at the same time want Merc to give him a 2025 seat.

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    basically what i understand from what their mention is that the upgrades produced the extra downforce for what they were intended for but either the team set the suspension softer than they should therefore could not cope with extra downforce and increasing bouncing as a result or the suspension hit a structural lumitation

whether is true or not i dont know but Fred mentioned that the increased load was confirmed by the sensors on the car
    Adding to your assertion, I will say that this whole thing sounds like that there was not a fundamental issue with the car but rather a setup issue.
    I am hopeful that next race they will tweak things with the setup in order for the bouncing will either be minimized or gone altogether.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Adding to your assertion, I will say that this whole thing sounds like that there was not a fundamental issue with the car but rather a setup issue.
    I am hopeful that next race they will tweak things with the setup in order for the bouncing will either be minimized or gone altogether.
    i agree.

they solved porpoising. so whatever they did to do that, suspensioin changes, wasn't able to cope with the additional load points. maybe they got more load out of the updates than they were expecting. hopefully it's just some setup differences, and we don't need a suspension update too now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree.

they solved porpoising. so whatever they did to do that, suspensioin changes, wasn't able to cope with the additional load points. maybe they got more load out of the updates than they were expecting. hopefully it's just some setup differences, and we don't need a suspension update too now.
    Well, if they really managed to increase the overall load, then they'll need to reinforce the suspension. I don't think Spain had anything to do with the setup, because a setup issue wouldn't have caused our drivers to take their foot off the throttle in one particular high speed corner, which was turn 14. I think Ferrari were forced to raise the ride height, which resultant in a loss in overall performance. Charles was the 3rd fastest car, but he had no answers to the pace of Max and Norris, which wasn't the case in Miami, Imola and Monaco.

But let's see how Austria will turn out. Its not a high aero load circuit like Barcelona, which may help us a bit.

Austria track is 700m above sea level.

7% less air density so 7% less downforce. Teams will try to get back that loss of downforce with medium-load wings.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Only 5 teams brought updates. Ferrari was one of them. They brought cooling louvers to the SF24.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Only 5 teams brought updates. Ferrari was one of them. They brought cooling louvers to the SF24.
    that alone can easily give them couple of tenths....lmao