Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    From what i have read (dont konw if i missed something) it might be a chance to not have the parts in Spain. I read that we must ( want?) to have 3 parts read to bring them to Spain . Otherwise it postponed to Silverstone. Havent read the hall post wehre it mentioned, but something like they want to be sure both drivers can have it+ spare .If thats the case its quite odd since we dont have such obligation to Sainz (unless its because its Spain ) and not much of a trouble and lots of teams do it(to bring an update for 1 driver) .McL did it Miami and Merc propably more the 1 time.
    i agree, if we only have parts for one driver, that should not stop us from bringing the parts.

Mclaren did it this year, and last year. Red Bull does it all the time. So does Merc.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    why exactly can't we talk about BoP? That's the first thing i thought of. It's going to be VERY hard to go back to back.
    Personally I find it completely wrong and unfair.
    It's like the FIA say on the hypercar rules
    We make 2 categories.
    1 the manufacturer can design a car completely and spend tons of money on research, development ,design etc and with that you have an inferior/better/faster car

2 the manufacturer take most of thencar ready with a lot common parts so that you spend WAY less money but you will have a slower car

BUT we will have the BoP so we will penalize the faster cars because we want to be fair.

Well to me this looks so idiotic /unfair

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree, if we only have parts for one driver, that should not stop us from bringing the parts.

Mclaren did it this year, and last year. Red Bull does it all the time. So does Merc.
    Exactly that.
    We need to open our eyes and play by the rules of the game.
    Adding to that, bringing the parts for one driver (like Mclaren did) gives time to test , then bring for both drivers and tune.

So bring for Charles, then bring for both drivers.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It must be something to do with treating them both fairly. I guess if Charles got the goodies first Carlos would complain.......he's pretty good at that.
    I agree though if we have one set of parts ready we should use them.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It must be something to do with treating them both fairly. I guess if Charles got the goodies first Carlos would complain.......he's pretty good at that.
    I agree though if we have one set of parts ready we should use them.
    As much as I can understand the "fair" part , Carlos will no longer be part of the team come end of year, and as Charles is the tip of the spear sort of speak , he should be prioritized.
    There is no space for romances here, it's all about the targets. if we want to keep up, at the end of the day we need to see how the rest are working and act accordingly.

PS. As hard as this may sound, at this point, Ferrari should not care bout Carlos' complaints. If they 've not started already, soon enough they should keep him out from meetings regarding evolution of the next year's car, the 2026 car etc.
    It is how it is. Like it or not he's not going to be getting same treatment as Charles. So why should he get same treatment re: the new stuff?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    As much as I can understand the "fair" part , Carlos will no longer be part of the team come end of year, and as Charles is the tip of the spear sort of speak , he should be prioritized.
    There is no space for romances here, it's all about the targets. if we want to keep up, at the end of the day we need to see how the rest are working and act accordingly.

PS. As hard as this may sound, at this point, Ferrari should not care bout Carlos' complaints. If they 've not started already, soon enough they should keep him out from meetings regarding evolution of the next year's car, the 2026 car etc.
    It is how it is. Like it or not he's not going to be getting same treatment as Charles. So why should he get same treatment re: the new stuff?
    +1000
    Especially the last part.
    The upgrades is part of next year's point of direction as for the design. So why to keep Sainz have any idea of what we are doing. Just give them to new parts when we have them and tell him just drive.
    Merc is doing it with Ham.

Personally I find it completely wrong and unfair.
    It's like the FIA say on the hypercar rules
    We make 2 categories.
    1 the manufacturer can design a car completely and spend tons of money on research, development ,design etc and with that you have an inferior/better/faster car

2 the manufacturer take most of thencar ready with a lot common parts so that you spend WAY less money but you will have a slower car

BUT we will have the BoP so we will penalize the faster cars because we want to be fair.

Well to me this looks so idiotic /unfair
    yeah. i agree. and we have BoP in F1 too, whether or not anyone wants to admit it, they just don't come out and say it.

If a certain team is a real racing team, with a test track right outside the factory, they will ban said team from using said track to be fair.

If a certain team has mastered the tyres through a strong relationship with their tyre manufacturer, they will ban tyre changes during a grand prix.

To get a certain team into F1 and their money, they will bend the engine forumula to an engine that manufacturer happens to be working on, and then freeze the other teams from developing their engines to guaranteed their favored team wins.

If a certain team can't build enignes at all, they will ban and equalize engines to guarantee that team free championships.

Exactly that.
    We need to open our eyes and play by the rules of the game.
    Adding to that, bringing the parts for one driver (like Mclaren did) gives time to test , then bring for both drivers and tune.

So bring for Charles, then bring for both drivers.
    exactly!

and then we'll hear them say "oh, we need time to dial in our updates", after waiting an eternety for the updates to appear on track!

If Carlos wins races this year for Ferrari and podiums; the points count as much as if they were Charles' points! As far as parts on the car goes a steering wheel ; a seat; and 4 tires are a must to send Carlos out the rest of the year!

get it thru your thick scull Brembo. Carlos wont win another race for the Scuderia unless Charles is in no position to win a race. Charles is hunting Max so prioirity falls to Charles.
    Carlos is a bonified #2 and you LOVE it. You call him Reubens if that confuses you ;)

Back under the rock you belong to now ;)

get it thru your thick scull Brembo. Carlos wont win another race for the Scuderia unless Charles is in no position to win a race. Charles is hunting Max so prioirity falls to Charles.
    Carlos is a bonified #2 and you LOVE it. You call him Reubens if that confuses you ;)

Back under the rock you belong to now ;)
    Very well said Aroutis, do yourself a favour and BLOCK brembo….i did that LONG ago and life is so much better for me….lmao

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Very well said Aroutis, do yourself a favour and BLOCK brembo….i did that LONG ago and life is so much better for me….lmao
    lolmao

Watching WEC this year even with so much BOP , that 499P is still so good . Look like we should bring back private track test to F1 again...
    Look like a dream team is coming

Charles needs to win a race or 2 this year ! Come 2025 he will be Sr Lewis' #2 slave; and rightfully so. Unless Masi comes back ! Charles & Carlos are great together for sure, but... the GOAT is on his way to Ferrari so someone had to go. Sr Lewis picked Carlos to go to make things easier for him to get that #8 !

Lewis will have to up his game considerably if he intends to beat Charles who is just coming to his prime.

Forza Jules

Lewis will have to up his game considerably if he intends to beat Charles who is just coming to his prime.
    I agree for sure! I hope Ferrari treats Charles fairly. Ferrari wants that 8th WDC to happen with them or the Charles Carlos team would have been just great if continued.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I agree for sure! I hope Ferrari treats Charles fairly. Ferrari wants that 8th WDC to happen with them or the Charles Carlos team would have been just great if continued.
    If Ferrari do not produce the best car on the grid next year then Lewis will struggle. He only wins when he's in the fastest car. Remember when he partnered Jenson Button at Mclaren. I never rated Button as exceptional but he beat Lewis!
    I am not sure why Ferrari have substituted Lewis for Carlos unless they have an ulterior motive aka marketing.
    Last edited by racingbradley; 16th June 2024 at 13:26.

Forza Jules

FERRARI, THE SF-24 2.0 WILL BE UPDATED IN BARCELONA

In Montreal Ferrari should have performed much better if it had not fallen into a vicious circle linked to pressure and weather conditions . The Canadian track, made up of curves of the same range alternating with stop & go sections, was unable to facilitate a technical recovery of form during qualifying; those who took a wrong turn in FP3 corrected it without resolving the difficulties. The grid position and the problems in the race prevented a better analysis of the performances. Barcelona arrives at the right time to establish the level of strength of the top teams, Red Bull, Ferrari and McLaren have already won at least one race, Mercedes could have won in Montreal without Russell's mistakes. However, it is now important to return to evaluating cars in more linear conditions.
    A YEAR AGO THE SF-23 CHANGED THE AERODYNAMICS TO START A DIFFERENT TECHNICAL PATH.
    Today's Ferrari is technically much better than a year ago, when the engineers made the first visible changes by abandoning the tanks. The problems were not resolved quickly but this season the SF-24 has paid off in terms of potential and consistency . Some weaknesses emerged during the tests, on some occasions managed well, on others, such as in China and Canada , a good compromise was not found. Whether it's tires or set-up settings, basically the car struggles on the soft and works very well on the hard , meaning a more critical qualifying of the race. In Spain the SF-24 should return to performing well at its levels.
    With close battles, a few hundredths determine entry into Q3. This element must find a correction so as not to seriously damage the weekend. The technical office has approved the 2nd aerodynamic package which will be significantly brought forward in Catalonia. In Maranello we literally work 24/7 to introduce new elements to the car . The goal is to have a bottom that will see an updated area to improve at low speeds.
    According to what Formu1a.uno has learned , there is a 99% chance that both drivers will have the new specifications available on Friday. Additionally we should see changes to the rear bodywork, tray area and ramps towards the diffuser, as well as improved small deflector elements. An important effort that should respond to McLaren's attack and repel Mercedes' one. Hopefully the aim is to improve aerodynamic efficiency and load quality, to try not to ease the pressure on Red Bull if it cannot beat Verstappen.
    As always, Barcelona gives a good verdict on the work done.
    https://formu1a.uno/it/ferrari-la-sf...-a-barcellona/
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

If Ferrari do not produce the best car on the grid next year then Lewis will struggle. He only wins when he's in the fastest car. Remember when he partnered Jenson Button at Mclaren. I never rated Button as exceptional but he beat Lewis!
    I am not sure why Ferrari have substituted Lewis for Carlos unless they have an ulterior motive aka marketing.
    I believe back then Max had the better car vs Lewis but it took Masi to get him the WDC win. If it's to Ferrari's $$$$ advantage; come 2025 Lewis will get his 8th! And Charles knows that but after that 8th WDC Charles will be the main man rightfully so.

GQg_Wq-XAAA4xcw.jpg
    Ferrari is introducing a new rear wing in the #SpanishGP, bridging the gap between:
    -their High Load Monaco wing
    -their Medium Load one

The team has introduced 2 new specs in the last 3 races, after running the same wing level in the opening 7 events
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

GQg_Wq-XAAA4xcw.jpg
    Ferrari is introducing a new rear wing in the #SpanishGP, bridging the gap between:
    -their High Load Monaco wing
    -their Medium Load one

The team has introduced 2 new specs in the last 3 races, after running the same wing level in the opening 7 events
    let's hope it makes a difference and close the gap to red bull even more at the same time leaving the Mclarens in the DUST

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    let's hope it makes a difference and close the gap to red bull even more at the same time leaving the Mclarens in the DUST
    that would have been huge at imola.

Upgrades for Spain

Where do you find this info on the F1 site of the FIA?
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Where do you find this info on the F1 site of the FIA?
    FIA.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    FIA.
    Yeah that I know, but WHERE specific .

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Yeah that I know, but WHERE specific .
    Sport > Competitions > World Championship > Formula 1 then roll down you'll see the document section
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Sport > Competitions > World Championship > Formula 1 then roll down you'll see the document section
    Cheers mate!

EXCL: According to our information, DT Enrico Cardile will leave Ferrari and go to Aston. From October Loic Serra will be head of the chassis and aero areas

@Formu1a

Scuderiafans mentioned that upgrades despite the bad result indeed worked. the problem was due to the suspension, couldn't handle the extra load generated therefore introducing bouncing

https://scuderiafans.com/what-if-sf-...in-spanish-gp/
    https://scuderiafans.com/f1-ferrari-...-in-barcelona/
    https://scuderiafans.com/explained-w...rari-in-spain/