Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Carlos & Charles spent Tuesday and Wednesday at Paul Ricard testing Pirelli. tyres. More running for the SF24
    Both were testing Pirelli's wet tires. We know the blue banded or full wets have sucked for the past 3 to 4 years as they are useless and drivers don't like them which is why they use intermediates.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i really don't see Lewis being able to compete with Charles when he gets here, and I'm starting to think he will play nice too, he has about 450 million reasons to...
    Charles needs to play nice with Sr Lewis @ Ferrari so he can win his 8th WDC and retire with his as you say 450 million +!; it then will be great if Carlos gets back with Ferrari as Charles' team mates.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles needs to play nice with Sr Lewis @ Ferrari so he can win his 8th WDC and retire with his as you say 450 million +!; it then will be great if Carlos gets back with Ferrari as Charles' team mates.
    Russell is currently beating Hamilton 7 to 1 in qualifying and in the points in the WDC rankings.

Leclerc is NOT going to play nice with Hamilton. Leclerc is going pulverize Hamilton.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Russell is currently beating Hamilton 7 to 1 in qualifying and in the points in the WDC rankings.

Leclerc is NOT going to play nice with Hamilton. Leclerc is going pulverize Hamilton.
    yeah, i couldn't agree more, Leclerc is going to annihilate/wipe the floor with SIR lewis shamilton

he's already getting beaten by Russel which i rate him average at best....he's gonna regret coming to ferrari and getting beaten by his future teammate, Charles.
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 30th May 2024 at 13:35.

I believe it was SR Lewis that got Charles to stay @ Ferrari 2025 over Carlos. Lewis has to show up and finish 2024 or he would just stay semi retired until next year. Masi not Max beat Lewis out of his #8 ! Pulverize!!!! You even spelled it correct!! I wish Carlos would partner Russell !

LOL
    Leclerc will DEMOLISH Lewis, it's not even a competition.
    He will have a team bound round him, a car built around him and as Lewis says, he only knows two people.
    And yet, there are some people (very few) , thinking he will come to get a championship that will require beating Charles.

Jesus.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I believe it was SR Lewis that got Charles to stay @ Ferrari 2025 over Carlos.
    Maybe you also believe that earth is flat then?

Hands off the booze Brembo. Please.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Maybe you also believe that earth is flat then?

Hands off the booze Brembo. Please.
    just put that miserable Brembo on IGNORE LIST....i did that long ago and it was for the best.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1089790]I believe it was SR Lewis that got Charles to stay @ Ferrari 2025 over Carlos.

Forza Jules

Ferrari couldn't wait till 2026 to get lewis; he'd be there now if they could have made the move. Why ? Todt & Brawn had nothing to do with it !! Right now Charles & Carlos are the best team mates on the track with Ferrari. Why did Ferrari go for and get Sr Lewis at all costs? They wouldn't even wait till 2026! Enough said' I need a glass of red vino with this pasta!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    I believe it was SR Lewis that got Charles to stay @ Ferrari 2025 over Carlos.
    Oh dear something happened with my last post. It went before I had begun to say my piece. In this instant Brembo I don't agree that Lewis had any say on who his team mate would be. Charles has always been Ferrari's chosen one from the beginning. He got a seat with the team when he was very young and even though he had a lack lustre year in 2023 the car, the team and the strategy were not where they are now.
    Personally I would prefer to have Carlos remain in the team and still do not understand the reason Lewis is on board. Maybe he can bring along some good engineers and as for the marketing side that's another matter. Do Ferrari really need it?

I hope you enjoyed the pasta with your red wine Brembo.

Forza Jules

Trust me, Charles is going to Rubenize Lewis so fast it'll make your head spin. Even faster than he Rubenized Vettel.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I am at no way surprised. I have all the confidence to SF-24 and of course to Charles and Carlos.
    We are most definitely positioned for the WCC and with bit of good luck, why not for the WDC!
    I'm not counting my chickens, but I very much agree with you. I'd like to say "cautiously optimistic", but with each race and sign, i'm throwing that caution farther out the window.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Am I reading that correctly?

That would bring the total of the package to 4+ tenths...?
    Well ,this aligns with the estimates of various sources / rumors , before Imola. They all talking about 4 tenths. On the other hand ,that rumors the drivers rush to oppose on their interviews in Imola ( they said they read some numbers that are not true). But maybe the where not true then and will become true now ??!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Well ,this aligns with the estimates of various sources / rumors , before Imola. They all talking about 4 tenths. On the other hand ,that rumors the drivers rush to oppose on their interviews in Imola ( they said they read some numbers that are not true). But maybe the where not true then and will become true now ??!!
    it was STILL only one race that we ran the updated sf24 EVO in Imola at a proper track, as Monaco is not really a track worth comparing the package against (even though we had an outstanding weekend)

we still have to fine tune the package which i'm sure the team is working flat out, drivers doing their work in simulator as well...etc

But one thing is certain, if we see a competitive Ferrari that is fighting for wins at the next 2-3 races.....then boys and girls IT'S GAME ON!!!
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

McLaren: That's why Monaco was a test of strength. It has very different qualities from Ferrari and is Red Bull's No. 1 enemy in terms of efficiency and DRS
    @GiulyDuchessa
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

we need to keep the gap in the championship where it is at over the next 3 races, until we can get the Silverstone updates on the car, then we have a championship battle on our hands.

and the nature of the next 3 races, i think we can

So we are in for a rainy race weekend in Canada

I would like to hope for at least 1 race win over the next 3 races otherwise the gap will get even wider. The 7 points advantage for a win is big.

Forza Jules

well, so far looks like a soggy, rainy crappy weekend for Montreal so far; i know it's only Monday, and things may change a little bit, at least i'm hoping....but we;lll see how the sf24 will cope with a wet weather challenge IF indeed will be wet

Even if Canada turns out to be soggy wet, let's not write off our chance just yet.
    The SF24 is a quite different car than its pre-Imola spec. You had access to F1TV and Multiviwer and if you had followed the onboards in every races like I had, you'd know what I'm talking about.

The SF24 is right now pretty much behaving like the F1-75 pre TD39, but it has much more downforce than the F1-75 ever had. Our drivers, especially Charles, are full of confidence. The front end is going where Charles is pointing it and the rear is fully compliant, which wasn't the case with the pre-Imola when the rear was loose, and he is back to his unique late breaking driving style.

The only weakness the car has right now is straight line speed on the straights. Which can be easily rectified by a low drag RW.

Even if Canada turns out to be soggy wet, let's not write off our chance just yet.
    The SF24 is a quite different car than its pre-Imola spec. You had access to F1TV and Multiviwer and if you had followed the onboards in every races like I had, you'd know what I'm talking about.

The SF24 is right now pretty much behaving like the F1-75 pre TD39, but it has much more downforce than the F1-75 ever had. Our drivers, especially Charles, are full of confidence. The front end is going where Charles is pointing it and the rear is fully compliant, which wasn't the case with the pre-Imola when the rear was loose, and he is back to his unique late breaking driving style.

The only weakness the car has right now is the pace on the straights. Which can be easily rectified by a low drag RW.

Also, Ferrari is doing something very cleaver with the suspension: https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...enkendes-heck/
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 3rd June 2024 at 14:23.

The weather here is notoriously unpredictable this time of the year. It's hard to predict 2 days out, let alone 4. Let's wait and see.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

The only weakness the car has right now is straight line speed on the straights. Which can be easily rectified by a low drag RW.
    that is good to hear; so it seems that i WON"T be getting rained on in the grandstands for nothing then????? well i hope so....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    The weather here is notoriously unpredictable this time of the year. It's hard to predict 2 days out, let alone 4. Let's wait and see.
    i hope so bud, i'll be heading out that way friday morning....VERY early friday morning...
    i just hope it't NOT gonna be a washout like it was in 2011....fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i hope so bud, i'll be heading out that way friday morning....VERY early friday morning...
    i just hope it't NOT gonna be a washout like it was in 2011....fingers crossed
    Hope you get great weather while you're here!! The city is a mess with construction (like you've undoubtedly noticed in prior years, although it seems much worse this year for whatever reason), try to leave yourself a buffer for whatever plans you might have :)
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Hope you get great weather while you're here!! The city is a mess with construction (like you've undoubtedly noticed in prior years, although it seems much worse this year for whatever reason), try to leave yourself a buffer for whatever plans you might have :)
    thanks for the heads up about the construction....i know it's been an ongoing issue over the years, but i usually park my car for the whole weekend and just use the subway as it's easier to move around that way.
    just hope the weather will cooperate....lol....if not we have poncho's, umbrella's....etc

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that is good to hear; so it seems that i WON"T be getting rained on in the grandstands for nothing then????? well i hope so....lol
    Indeed, Canada has a very ... unpredictable weather. Plus chances are for 60% (as of Monday).
    So while relatively high, we should wait till at least Thursday if not Friday to pass judgement.

As for the car, I think maybe this is actually good, we need to see it perform with wet too at some point.

I read that Charles has only one new power unit left. All of the others have been used. Hopefully there are plenty of race life left in the others.I think Norris is in the same position.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I read that Charles has only one new power unit left. All of the others have been used. Hopefully there are plenty of race life left in the others.I think Norris is in the same position.
    Τhat one changed at Monaco has no real issue (just a light was on and replaced so it was changed, and nothing was really wrong).
    That one at Imola too had pretty much the same issue (precaution cause a thermo light turned on , changed to check , nothing wrong)

So both engines are deemed just fine, and ready to be used , no mileage really on them.