Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: SF-24 Challenger Discussion Thread

LEC best time is 58.61 which is slower than the launch version with 56.81 , this time with lower engine mode of course
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I just read an article from AMUS saying it's still the old one
    According to them , no we didn't have the new floor.

" the updates mounted on the single-seater did not include the new specification of the floor.

The bottom of the new Ferrari remained unchanged throughout the afternoon, dampening the anticipation of the most attentive fans who crowded the famous bridge overlooking the Fiorano track ,

https://www.funoanalisitecnica.com/2...o-f1-ride.html

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    LEC best time is 58.61 which is slower than the launch version with 56.81 , this time with lower engine mode of course
    Great updates.............
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Great updates.............
    The old downgrade "illness" has return ?????

I dont think so !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

One hell of a GP coming up version 2 ferrari looks exiting the drivers are not saying much but smiling a lot if 3 to 4 tenths are delivered from these upgrades then red bull will be in a mighty fight until years end,throw in maclarn and Aston for the mix and finally we all have a competitive f1 season and not just drive away max after lap 2. Can't wait for the eye brows to start raising next week when the new version is released.expect Red bull and Marco to cry to the FIA when ferrari is much faster and winning can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I just read an article from AMUS saying it's still the old one
    Strange.
    Last edited by aroutis; 10th May 2024 at 20:35.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Strange.
    Makes sense. Only 200km allowed. If something is not right hard to tell exactly if floor ot bodywork. Floor also brings the most so probably already had simulation of new bodywork with old floor and used 200km to check it matches. If it does floor should work and if not thry then know floor is an issue but bodywork fine. Or maybe floors not part of Imola upgrade and is for a few races time, maybe plan to see how this update works 1st before new floor is finished in design. With budget cap you have to be patient and make sure when something is produced it works.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    The old downgrade "illness" has return ?????

I dont think so !!!
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Makes sense. Only 200km allowed. If something is not right hard to tell exactly if floor ot bodywork. Floor also brings the most so probably already had simulation of new bodywork with old floor and used 200km to check it matches. If it does floor should work and if not thry then know floor is an issue but bodywork fine. Or maybe floors not part of Imola upgrade and is for a few races time, maybe plan to see how this update works 1st before new floor is finished in design. With budget cap you have to be patient and make sure when something is produced it works.

I would bet the new floor was tested. Might not be something visible at a quick glance but I doubt they would wait 7 races to introduce a significant upgrade and not test everything with the new floor.. arguably the most important upgrade.
    I don't think they would skip this chance to at least get some data on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I would bet the new floor was tested. Might not be something visible at a quick glance but I doubt they would wait 7 races to introduce a significant upgrade and not test everything with the new floor.. arguably the most important upgrade.
    I don't think they would skip this chance to at least get some data on the floor.
    Of course I could be wrong.

I believe the new floor was tested since it is responsible for approximately 50 to 60 percent of the car's downforce. Considering the amount of visible updates thrown on the bodywork one can assume the initial SF24 has a confirmed good baseline to work on. Imagine having a total overhaul of B-spec car, meaning the team having it incorrect from the beginning season and need to start from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    I had missed the 200km/h limit. Taking that into account, yeah, it does make sense.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Strange.
    A lot of Italian journalists said the same thing. For now only the visible parts

SF-24 EVO rearwing is very low in downforce , maybe new floor can generate enough downforce
    Look like a dream team is coming

SF-24 EVO rearwing is very low in downforce , maybe new floor can generate enough downforce
    Frederic Vasseur : "the Imola updates have been conceived before the start of the season, so they are not designed to deal with the limitations of the car that emerged later. They are meant to improve load and aerodynamic efficiency at high speeds, therefore Imola will not be very representative of the gains obtained."

Not a good sign

There is no "new floor" apparently :

Diffuser is the most significant part of the floor. They have brought an updated diffuser and opened up a small inlet on the rear section floor, and both of them are quite significant changes.

It'd be quite ignorant to say that the current floor isn't new/updated.

I'm not sure to understand your comment. Rear wing and engine cover are linked but are separate things I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by theodorefabrice View Post
    I'm not sure to understand your comment. Rear wing and engine cover are linked but are separate things I suppose.
    Huh? The diffuser is part of the floor and quite a significant one. I wasn't talking about the RW.

Ferrari with a new high load rear wing for the MonacoGP 🇲🇨

The next upgrades are anticipated for Silverstone. The updates from now on should arrive in stages and not in full sized packages.

ℹ️ @formu1a__uno

Leclerc saying he couldn't ride the curbs like the other cars in qualifying was concerning, but then he said he lost everything on the straight.

I thought we've been quite good on taking curbs the last few seasons, some of that is Leclerc's talent.

What am I supposed to believe?
    Last edited by Cavallino; 20th May 2024 at 19:40.

The SF-24 is slower on the straights by about 7-8 km/h?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The SF-24 is slower on the straights by about 7-8 km/h?
    so is that due to being more draggy, more rear wing??? it can't be the power unit as others here have us believe that ours is top of the class

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so is that due to being more draggy, more rear wing??? it can't be the power unit as others here have us believe that ours is top of the class
    deployment strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    deployment strategy
    so easy to tune/fix?? a matter of finessing the map the way the energy is being deployed??

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    so easy to tune/fix?? a matter of finessing the map the way the energy is being deployed??
    i don't know, i don't work there, i sent my resume in, and a head shot since i look like a cross between Carlos and Charles, i'd fit right in, but i didn't hear anything back yet.

Give it time man. Big Corps like to make you wait.

If Ferrari aren't actively hiring for the Carlos-Charles lookalike position, (which would be a short term contract anyways), I recommend a little lightening of the hair and try Stake/Audi for the Carlos-Hulk lookalike spot.

Ferrari: the program of next developments on the SF-24. - Monaco = new high-load rear wing with new DRS system. This fin is new and not the one already declared but not used in previous races.
    - In Canada, the team hopes to make the most of Imola's potential, as Frédéric Vasseur explained after the race.
    - After that there will be the sequence of Spain, Austria and Silverstone. The second major update package for the SF-24 will debut on English soil, aimed at improving the car's weak points.
    - “Minor updates” and further adaptations to the different types of tracks that will be encountered are expected for the next races starting in Monaco.
    In explaining the new aerodynamic look, Jock Clear explained that the SF-24's aerodynamic platform had been changed and that this would have involved an overhaul of the basic configurations that the car ran with during the first 6 races. Despite this, since FP1 at Imola, the settings seemed good, confirming the excellent quality of the simulations at Maranello, a quality which allows us to start the weekend on a positive note. The result of the first European race saw Max Verstappen win, in a sprint, against Lando Norris, with Charles Leclerc 6 seconds behind. A gap which was, however, influenced by an error at the Alta Variant while the Monegasque was the fastest on the track and in the DRS zone of the McLaren driver which cost him around 3 seconds. However, data analysis and race pace show us something that hasn't been seen for a long time: Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari had a difference of less than a tenth during the entire race.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Ferrari: the program of next developments on the SF-24. - Monaco = new high-load rear wing with new DRS system. This fin is new and not the one already declared but not used in previous races.
    - In Canada, the team hopes to make the most of Imola's potential, as Frédéric Vasseur explained after the race.
    - After that there will be the sequence of Spain, Austria and Silverstone. The second major update package for the SF-24 will debut on English soil, aimed at improving the car's weak points.
    - “Minor updates” and further adaptations to the different types of tracks that will be encountered are expected for the next races starting in Monaco.
    In explaining the new aerodynamic look, Jock Clear explained that the SF-24's aerodynamic platform had been changed and that this would have involved an overhaul of the basic configurations that the car ran with during the first 6 races. Despite this, since FP1 at Imola, the settings seemed good, confirming the excellent quality of the simulations at Maranello, a quality which allows us to start the weekend on a positive note. The result of the first European race saw Max Verstappen win, in a sprint, against Lando Norris, with Charles Leclerc 6 seconds behind. A gap which was, however, influenced by an error at the Alta Variant while the Monegasque was the fastest on the track and in the DRS zone of the McLaren driver which cost him around 3 seconds. However, data analysis and race pace show us something that hasn't been seen for a long time: Red Bull, McLaren and Ferrari had a difference of less than a tenth during the entire race.
    i am starting to disagree with this.

We know from his Red Bull days that Carlos can keep up with Max, so reallly the true pace of the Ferrari is represented by the pace of Carlos.

This means our car is third fastest, with a gap to the second fastest, we need another half a second a lap to get to the front of the field.

Leclerc dragging it into contention to get us within a tenth isn't indicative of the car.