Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    “Red Bull claim that the McLaren wing in particular bends significantly too much. Also Ferrari. And now Mercedes have followed suit with the bending.” – Auto Motor und Sport reports.
    Red bull are feeling challenged shame about that when the heat is around like babies they cry to the FIA.Suck it up nothing will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Red bull are feeling challenged shame about that when the heat is around like babies they cry to the FIA.Suck it up nothing will happen.
    suck it up, for the good of the sport

Carlos talks too much…seems petty and desperate to prove he has value. Stop inventing Carlos, I highly doubt all of the teams with a free seat offered you a contract. And even if they have, why put it out there?

https://x.com/fanaticsferrari/status...fgIER3ucQ6m7KA

“Carlos Sainz says that every team that has a seat available next year has offered him a contract, and that he could “sign a contract tomorrow” if he wanted to.

Sainz: “All the teams that have not yet committed both drivers for next year have offered me a contract,"

"I can sign a contract tomorrow. There are several teams that are options for me."
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Carlos Sainz says that every team that has a seat available next year has offered him a contract, and that he could “sign a contract tomorrow” if he wanted to.
    Sad.
    So are we supposed to what? He does not want to sign? He does not want to drive for an F1 team?
    He is almost out of an F1 seat. Right now, options are Sauber, Williams , HAAS , and I believe Alpine is no longer one. Merc has shut him off.

So ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Sad.
    So are we supposed to what? He does not want to sign? He does not want to drive for an F1 team?
    He is almost out of an F1 seat. Right now, options are Sauber, Williams , HAAS , and I believe Alpine is no longer one. Merc has shut him off.

So ?
    The only teams that have a seat available are NOT competitive teams…so he either bite da. U,let and signs with a bottom end of field team OR takes a year of…..SIMPLE AS THAT
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Now they’re calling for 90% rain on Sunday in Barca….i swear we cannot win for losing……Jeez
    This weekend was super important for us to be dry as to get to the bottom of our issues and understand the car a little better

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    The only teams that have a seat available are NOT competitive teams…so he either bite da. U,let and signs with a bottom end of field team OR takes a year of…..SIMPLE AS THAT
    Audi would have the most prestige though and possibly more chance for improvement in the longer term?

| Adrian Newey has reportedly visited Aston Martin's Silverstone factory.

Talks are advancing. Details below
    These rumors, for the last month, about Newey's future are out of this world .
    We heard some weeks ago that Newey has NO interset at all for AM. In the last days everybody talking about the F1 Business artlicle that he HAS signed with us and with financial detail etc.
    And now this comes up .
    Im quite sure that this is something just to collect clicks /views etc , and we will hear more of them ( him going to several teams) . I just would like to make the final announcement , to pull one thing out of our minds.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Completely agreed. He made a complete mess out of the way he negotiated.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Now they’re calling for 90% rain on Sunday in Barca….i swear we cannot win for losing……Jeez
    This weekend was super important for us to be dry as to get to the bottom of our issues and understand the car a little better
    61% of rain, 1% for thunderstorm according to accuweather, only on Sunday.
    Duration up to 1.5 hrs

These rumors, for the last month, about Newey's future are out of this world .
    We heard some weeks ago that Newey has NO interset at all for AM. In the last days everybody talking about the F1 Business artlicle that he HAS signed with us and with financial detail etc.
    And now this comes up .
    Im quite sure that this is something just to collect clicks /views etc , and we will hear more of them ( him going to several teams) . I just would like to make the final announcement , to pull one thing out of our minds.
    "reportedly".
    Clickbait.

still too early to tell with the weather, but it does look like it will be cooler on Sunday, which could hurt us, again, still too early to tell, does look like we'll have two good days on Friday and Saturday for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    still too early to tell with the weather, but it does look like it will be cooler on Sunday, which could hurt us, again, still too early to tell, does look like we'll have two good days on Friday and Saturday for sure
    Or , if we have clean FP's and can properly test / evaluate the car (new parts) and eventually fine tune it , Then even if its cold /rain on Sunday ,we can see in real time on track if we have somehow solve (or some of) our 'problems"
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 19th June 2024 at 19:19.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And if we still have problems / struggle, then to take it for granted ( for the rest of the year) that the car has these weaknesses by design and cant solve with upgrades. Doesnt matter , we will have to pray for hotter races for the rest of the year !
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I believe Sainz wants to win a few more podiums & wins before he finally signs with Merc. A few million $$$ more will do the trick!

And if we still have problems / struggle, then to take it for granted ( for the rest of the year) that the car has these weaknesses by design and cant solve with upgrades. Doesnt matter , we will have to pray for hotter races for the rest of the year !
    yes, the qualifying gap and the race simulations on friday are of particular interest to me.

given a weekend where the weather stays in our favor, i really need to see a double podium. we need to beat mclaren.

Attached Images Attached Images

nice, just what we need, MORE rain....NOT
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

nice, just what we need, MORE rain....NOT
    that rain on Sunday looks like it's in the morning, so not during the race. Still not ideal as it will likely be a few degrees cooler than the previous days.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    that rain on Sunday looks like it's in the morning, so not during the race. Still not ideal as it will likely be a few degrees cooler than the previous days.
    exactly, as we're NOT that good at bringing up the tires to optimum temp in "colder"conditions...as we've seen in teh past

Briatore is back in F1 with Apline.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...role/10625405/
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

EXCL: According to our information, DT Enrico Cardile will leave Ferrari and go to Aston. From October Loic Serra will be head of the chassis and aero areas

@Formu1a.uno

This what i saw a few minutes ago!

https://formu1a.uno/en/aston-martin-...ical-director/

so when will cardile have to leave because of 2025 sensitve info and how long will he have to take gardening leave before joining am

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    EXCL: According to our information, DT Enrico Cardile will leave Ferrari and go to Aston. From October Loic Serra will be head of the chassis and aero areas

@Formu1a.uno
    Serra is a huge signing for Ferrari. If people don't know much about him, just read up is bio on the internet.

Now all we need is Newey. Ferrari must do whatever it takes to bring him, whether it's a blank cheque or another means of persuasion to tempt him.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Serra is a huge signing for Ferrari. If people don't know much about him, just read up is bio on the internet.

Now all we need is Newey. Ferrari must do whatever it takes to bring him, whether it's a blank cheque or another means of persuasion to tempt him.
    In the point we are right now , there is nothing more to lose. So lets change everything and start fresh .
    And im thinking , is Carlile departure had to do with our drop of performance? If he is leaving , Vasseur must have pull him off from lots of upgrades plans that possible connected to '25-26. So as Cardille was the head of operations ,we propably are in a numb state till he leaves and the new regime takes over ?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

In the point we are right now , there is nothing more to lose. So lets change everything and start fresh .
    And im thinking , is Carlile departure had to do with our drop of performance? If he is leaving , Vasseur must have pull him off from lots of upgrades plans that possible connected to '25-26. So as Cardille was the head of operations ,we propably are in a numb state till he leaves and the new regime takes over ?
    so we're probably fubarred for the remainder of the year as well as 2025 until the new guy comes up to speed.

we should put all our eggs into 2026 basket when teh new Loic guy will design that car and hopefully Newey as a consultant or whatever his position will be (IF he comes to Ferrari) will also have a say and help with the project.

so my expectations are VERY LOW for the remainder of 2024 and majority of 2025......so yeah, hope for the best BUT prepare for the worst kind of thing

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post

AM is trying hard to pull Newey as per the F1 rumours. But I feel he already signed with Ferrari, hence this move of EC to AM is done deal.

so we're probably fubarred for the remainder of the year as well as 2025 until the new guy comes up to speed.

we should put all our eggs into 2026 basket when teh new Loic guy will design that car and hopefully Newey as a consultant or whatever his position will be (IF he comes to Ferrari) will also have a say and help with the project.

so my expectations are VERY LOW for the remainder of 2024 and majority of 2025......so yeah, hope for the best BUT prepare for the worst kind of thing
    Propably something like that.
    But you know what. At least it is something to hope for . This situation has bogged down the team , so a TOTAL OVERHAUL might be what we need . If/when Newey is announced, then i will be calm down and have something to wait !!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don't understand how Mclaren has become so competitive.

Is it the additional wind tunnel time?
    Is it the acquisition of technical talent from RBR?
    Or, a combination of the above?

It's quite perplexing.