Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by mhmalik View Post
    But, I haven't received my appointment letter so far
    ya not worthy mate

Newey drove Niki Lauda's Ferrari 312 to-day at Goodwood and said it felt great. I wonder if he is still making up his mind?

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Newey drove Niki Lauda's Ferrari 312 to-day at Goodwood and said it felt great. I wonder if he is still making up his mind?
    Ferrari has extended Rory Byrne's consultancy until 2027 according to Leo Turrini.

Good. Maybe bring back Aldo Costa. Him and Rory were pretty good. As a pure aerodynamics guy, Aldo was very good.

Good to hear. Bring back Aldo. The two of them were pretty good together. Aldo was a very good aerodynamasist. With Serra on suspension, could be a great team.

Various rumors on the internet suggest that he is likely to join McLaren or Aston Martin.

I can't imagine Merc letting Sainz get away!

According to reports, Adrian Newey has turned down Ferrari, and will now choose between Aston Martin and McLaren as his future team.

Via: MotorsportIT
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
    According to reports, Adrian Newey has turned down Ferrari, and will now choose between Aston Martin and McLaren as his future team.

Via: MotorsportIT
    Well it was a NO brainer he would turn Ferrari down; he’s turned down Ferrari numerous times before and WHY would this time be different?? Just cause sir lewis hamster came to Ferrari??? Please….the real reason as to WHY, as it’s always been the case previously, is because he don’t wanna relocate to Maranello…..easy as that.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    the real reason as to WHY, as it’s always been the case previously, is because he don’t wanna relocate to Maranello…..easy as that.
    I had hoped as retirement looms he might want to finish his career in red BUT hey ho there are other able engineers/designers out there or Merc & Macca and even us would never have won WCCs and WDCs. Who needs Newey anyway?????

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Well it was a NO brainer he would turn Ferrari down; he’s turned down Ferrari numerous times before and WHY would this time be different?? Just cause sir lewis hamster came to Ferrari??? Please….the real reason as to WHY, as it’s always been the case previously, is because he don’t wanna relocate to Maranello…..easy as that.
    I doubt there was any requirement for him to relocate to Marenello. It's not needed in this modern F1.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    I doubt there was any requirement for him to relocate to Marenello. It's not needed in this modern F1.
    then i guess he missed on BIG payout....Ferrari would have trippled the salary red bull had given him yearly so far and more then double of what AM or Mclaren are willing to dish out.

oh well, its not like we can't design a winning car with other aero people Ferrari have hired so far...it's just that would have been nice to have his expertese even if it was just as a consultant

That depends. IF Newey came to Ferrari, he would have to be at Ferrari F1 in Maranello to design the car the old school way via an engineering table board. Then he has to see how his drawings get to production, CAD/CAM design, wind tunnel, etc etc to see how Ferrari's process works. He might end up moving people around as well. This takes months if not a year or two. Then once things get settled, then he can work from home once he feels his structure that he put in place starts to ebb and flow.

You need eyes on first and foremost from beginning to end. Then and only then, you can venture into other designs Ferrari has --> production cars, sailboat racing, WEC, etc.etc.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Are we absolutely sure he's rejected Ferrari or are we just believing what we read? Have I missed something?

Forza Jules

Are we absolutely sure he's rejected Ferrari or are we just believing what we read? Have I missed something?
    Don't believe anything you read regarding Newey's future endeavors.

Until Newey says otherwise, anything and everything is still up in the air for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Don't believe anything you read regarding Newey's future endeavors.

Until Newey says otherwise, anything and everything is still up in the air for the moment.
    Agree with you. He's keeping us all guessing!!!!

Forza Jules

That depends. IF Newey came to Ferrari, he would have to be at Ferrari F1 in Maranello to design the car the old school way via an engineering table board. Then he has to see how his drawings get to production, CAD/CAM design, wind tunnel, etc etc to see how Ferrari's process works. He might end up moving people around as well. This takes months if not a year or two. Then once things get settled, then he can work from home once he feels his structure that he put in place starts to ebb and flow.

You need eyes on first and foremost from beginning to end. Then and only then, you can venture into other designs Ferrari has --> production cars, sailboat racing, WEC, etc.etc.
    No you are leaping again, he would be a consultant not needed to be located in Maranello.
    Forza Ferrari

No you are leaping again, he would be a consultant not needed to be located in Maranello.
    IF that's what Newey was offered, a consultant role with Ferrari, then it's no wonder he won't work for Ferrari.

IF that's what Newey was offered, a consultant role with Ferrari, then it's no wonder he won't work for Ferrari.
    That's his role at Red Bull

So you think he wants to take on more work? You had him down as retiring now you are saying he wants to return to 100% based at the factory.....
    Forza Ferrari

So you think he wants to take on more work? You had him down as retiring now you are saying he wants to return to 100% based at the factory.....
    To be continued pending whom Newey works for. (Assuming he works for any F1 team)

Besides, we've heard people retiring from F1 only to return a year or two later.

So, Vigna doesn't want Newey cause he's demanding a hefty salary (totally understandable) and would wield "too" much power inside the team.
    I mean, what else can I say? Newey's brilliant mind would've propelled Ferrari to the front. But we are going to lose him out to Aston Martin, thanks to the everlasting Italian politics.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So, Vigna doesn't want Newey cause he's demanding a hefty salary (totally understandable) and would wield "too" much power inside the team.
    I mean, what else can I say? Newey's brilliant mind would've propelled Ferrari to the front. But we are going to lose him out to Aston Martin, thanks to the everlasting Italian politics.
    He would be worth every penny of it.

Here's my take, of course this is also my opinion.

Newey wants $20 million per year for his services. This is a yearly salary to most F1 drivers on the current grid. Understandable.

Newey's role would be of a Technical Director...obviously.

Newey probably wants equity within the organization. Not bad either from his side of the bargaining chip.

Again, this is all hypothetical of course.

No worries we have the merc brain trust now with serra Elliot deambrosio and some mid tier redbull engineers coming on after sum.er break

He would be worth every penny of it.

Here's my take, of course this is also my opinion.

Newey wants $20 million per year for his services. This is a yearly salary to most F1 drivers on the current grid. Understandable.

Newey's role would be of a Technical Director...obviously.

Newey probably wants equity within the organization. Not bad either from his side of the bargaining chip.

Again, this is all hypothetical of course.
    Um, no. Newey wouldn't be a technical director in his role. Hell, he's not that now at Red Bull. He's essentially a senior consultant, but Wache' and Bablo have the final authority, and whether they implement his ideas or not.

Ferrari are just being shopped by Newey. He's done this before with other teams. He's a diva that loves to be wined and dined, then renege at the drop of a hat. Remember him famously signing with Jaguar, then stabbing his longtime friend Bobby Rahal in the back when he reneged? He's brilliant, but he can be trouble at an organization. He was at McLaren. There's a reason Whitmarsh practically threw him out the door when they reached the end of their rope with him. Luca dealt with the same crap in negotiations.

Ferrari should not get suckered into a bidding war and waste precious time and miss out on an opportunity with a younger candidate that's willing to move Italy.

According to BBC Sport, Ferrari CEO Benedetto Vigna is reluctant to meet Newey's salary demands and is concerned that the 65-year-old could change the way the Maranello-based outfit operates.
    Yeah we don't want to change the way we operate, everything is fine.

Vigna and Elkan are not going to make Ferrari F1 win anything.

So we rejected Newey this time round then

We need a Luca Di and Todt to ever get back to winning.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah, Newey isn't some intern from Bologna University whom Ferrari can hire cheaply, and then several years later promote him to a top position within the team.
    The Ferrari-way clearly isn't working, so changing the way is clearly the best option. But again, it's Ferrari we are talking about, way too arrogant and way too ignorant.

It's quite hard to support this team.

I believe those two idiots will be Ferrari F1 team undertakers

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    I believe those two idiots will be Ferrari F1 team undertakers
    "It's terrible, drives like a pig!"
    "You're fired!"

You clearly don't know Ferrari, they would rather sink to the depth than looking for a lifeboat and not upset the tradition.

Just look at Italian Serie A, which was once considered to be the best league in Europe, look at Italian national football team, look at clubs like AC and Inter Milan, Juventus etc. Hell, look at Italy itself.

The only Italian team that is winning anything is Ducati, after they got taken over by the Germans.

so wait a minute, Lewis doesn't have a say in ALL this?? i thought the only way he came to Ferrari is that Newey was on the way as well....
    so looks like Lewis is NOT gonna get his 8th by the looks of it then....he's gonna come to Ferrari get some podiums and the ODD win if he's lucky

but i guess he's still gonna bank 100M dollars so it's still a WIN for him in the end....ha, ha...