Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Cardile out serra in this was always going to happen.Serra is a power house and a great signing for ferrari.This whole Newey saga is tiring,who really cares where he goes talent is everywhere he is not God. If he comes great if he does not who cares.

After reading the above posts the expectation for the remainder of this season and next is low. So 2026 will be our earliest hope.
    What has happened to those who reckoned Lewis would be our saviour? I don't believe in miracles and am inclined to agree with the above posts but let's hope for better.

Forza Jules

Losing 1 person and the towel is thrown in for this and next year is a new level of doom and gloom for this place.
    Forza Ferrari

Cardile has done some good things, but maybe he’s NOT all that as it’s hyped to be. Now that he knows he’ll be GONE, will he put in the effort to make Ferrari great?? Maybe, maybe not.
    On the other hand, Mclaren is the talk of the paddock nowadays, where they turned their car around with one major package, a car that is consistently fighting for wins at every track and they really got red bull worried.

I’m sure our time will come and if we DID sing Newey than hopefully he’ll make Ferrari GREAT AGAIN come 2026 rules change.

We are just having a conversation, nothing more . Of course we will hopping for the best in every race .
    when you are regrouping and your tachnical leader leaves, isnt there a possibly things to be unstable for a while ? Especially when such scenario is probably happening and we witness it every weekend . OR it could be nothing like this . the team is working 100% on its potential and we just cant deliver. I personally dont know for sure bacause im not there and certainly im not an engineer. We are just discussing . Witch means people saing there opinion and other discuss on it . Where is the problem on it ? Why suddenly if you said something that some other dont agree , we have to be on trial for that ? Like why did we dare say something like that ? To say your opinon out loud and dont want anyony to disagree with you , thats another story !!! Thats questionable and this person sould not participate an anything.
    Now i will say 1 thing ok. If someone disagree with it , PLEASE answer to it civilezed adn enlight me why do you think im wrong . Thats why im here for . To listen differnt views and discuss about it . Theres many times that i had something in my mind and reading here this changed . Like we where i bit on a fight the last days and our performance . And RosstheBoss ( who someone would say was against me) said that he has a scenario in his mind about what happening with the upgrade plan etc and he will wait till Silverstone to see what /where we will end up. I HEARD that and said to myself ,why dont i also follow this "path". For me thats who forum / conversation works .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We are just having a conversation, nothing more . Of course we will hopping for the best in every race .
    when you are regrouping and your tachnical leader leaves, isnt there a possibly things to be unstable for a while ? Especially when such scenario is probably happening and we witness it every weekend . OR it could be nothing like this . the team is working 100% on its potential and we just cant deliver. I personally dont know for sure bacause im not there and certainly im not an engineer. We are just discussing . Witch means people saing there opinion and other discuss on it . Where is the problem on it ? Why suddenly if you said something that some other dont agree , we have to be on trial for that ? Like why did we dare say something like that ? To say your opinon out loud and dont want anyony to disagree with you , thats another story !!! Thats questionable and this person sould not participate an anything.
    Now i will say 1 thing ok. If someone disagree with it , PLEASE answer to it civilezed adn enlight me why do you think im wrong . Thats why im here for . To listen differnt views and discuss about it . Theres many times that i had something in my mind and reading here this changed . Like we where i bit on a fight the last days and our performance . And RosstheBoss ( who someone would say was against me) said that he has a scenario in his mind about what happening with the upgrade plan etc and he will wait till Silverstone to see what /where we will end up. I HEARD that and said to myself ,why dont i also follow this "path". For me thats who forum / conversation works .
    so what's your opinion then?

ferrari has always been the 6th best team in these regulations?

they just somehow accidentally are the only team to beat red bull in the current regs, in a dry race without the need of a safety car?

One man does not a department make. I am sure there are many skilled and able engineers in Cardile's area of engineering able to deputise until Serra arrives.

Forza Jules

Cardille is the one that has us on this front suspension layout. The layout that can only go 70% throttle at certain corners at Spain compared to the Red Bulls 100%. What are the chances that HE's right and all the other teams are wrong?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    so what's your opinion then?

ferrari has always been the 6th best team in these regulations?

they just somehow accidentally are the only team to beat red bull in the current regs, in a dry race without the need of a safety car?
    No , mostly 2nd with some goodish years where we hoped for something more.
    Now , we looked to have falllen somekind behind. The thing is why ? Do we have correlation issues ? Are the current personnel incapable of compete with the likes of RedBull, now McL and probably Merc? Or is it that we (unfortunatly again) are in the middle of a total restructure so the departments are not .lets say on 100% right now. People come and go all the time and thats not good .We need stabilization . Unfortunatly this will happen when the right people take their places and start delivering. We are hear /leaving this since 2009-10 when the previous winning time start collapsing (even the president start changing after so many years) , since then we have change everything myltiple times and nothing really stick. This year again we bagan we soem good hopes ,something seemed to start happening but then .... ! So whats for the future ? I DONT KNOW . every scenario is on the table right now in my mind and the bad thing is the results( performance) are not good for us.
    Thats why i ask you guys to say your opinion , from now on, how you see things evolve for the team ?
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Cardille is the one that has us on this front suspension layout. The layout that can only go 70% throttle at certain corners at Spain compared to the Red Bulls 100%. What are the chances that HE's right and all the other teams are wrong?!?!
    you mean push rod VS. pull rod??

and what are ya?? an aerodynamicist now??

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post

yes.

and yes.

no seriously, i wasn't claiming to be, i was just asking questions. We're the only one on this layout. If we all want to bash the team, let's bash them and point out that we're the only ones on this layout.

No , mostly 2nd with some goodish years where we hoped for something more.
    Now , we looked to have falllen somekind behind. The thing is why ? Do we have correlation issues ? Are the current personnel incapable of compete with the likes of RedBull, now McL and probably Merc? Or is it that we (unfortunatly again) are in the middle of a total restructure so the departments are not .lets say on 100% right now. People come and go all the time and thats not good .We need stabilization . Unfortunatly this will happen when the right people take their places and start delivering. We are hear /leaving this since 2009-10 when the previous winning time start collapsing (even the president start changing after so many years) , since then we have change everything myltiple times and nothing really stick. This year again we bagan we soem good hopes ,something seemed to start happening but then .... ! So whats for the future ? I DONT KNOW . every scenario is on the table right now in my mind and the bad thing is the results( performance) are not good for us.
    Thats why i ask you guys to say your opinion , from now on, how you see things evolve for the team ?
    we lose one race and a person and the sky is falling?

yes.

and yes.

no seriously, i wasn't claiming to be, i was just asking questions. We're the only one on this layout. If we all want to bash the team, let's bash them and point out that we're the only ones on this layout.
    That's one aspect of it i.e. push rod vs pull rod.

But how about this, Ferrari's F1 engines are the ONLY ONES to not use a split-turbo design like Honda, Mercedes and Renault(yes I know, Renault aka Alpine PU's suck). This is part of the reason why I think RedBull and Mercedes to include Mclaren are shining, for the current moment, for 2024.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

we lose one race and a person and the sky is falling?
    Οk you you don't what to conversate, just to argue with me. Nothing else to say.

Since the cardile new has broke when will he be released and how long til he can join am

Οk you you don't what to conversate, just to argue with me. Nothing else to say.
    i'm already making conversation by bringing up the suspension!

jgonzales actually added a good point too with the split turbo, i forgot about that.

give me something!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    That's one aspect of it i.e. push rod vs pull rod.

But how about this, Ferrari's F1 engines are the ONLY ONES to not use a split-turbo design like Honda, Mercedes and Renault(yes I know, Renault aka Alpine PU's suck). This is part of the reason why I think RedBull and Mercedes to include Mclaren are shining, for the current moment, for 2024.
    you're right

and on one hand we hear we have a strong power unit

but on the other hand we hear about this "clipping" on the end of straights, and even Leclerc said after Imola that Honda and Mercedes are doing something strange down the straights.

i mean, all that sounds like it's more with the battery deployment.... but this is yet another thing that Ferrari seems to be the only ones doing something different.

you have to understand that the other teams develop their cars too

you also have to understand that development budget is determined by where you finish in the constructors

mclaren, despite doing fantastically last year, STILL have more development time than Ferrari or Merc, this resets June 30th. But you have to also understand there is lead time involved in all these updates. We are literally JUST starting to address issues we've seen on track this season with this car.

that mclaren is very much a red bull clone

this ferrari is still a somewhat different concept as we have alluded to here

i think the tracks that benefit this car are still yet to come. especially the less conventional circuits like Baku. We're only missing 2 tenths at a conventional circuit! We started this season missing 4.

you probably think if we take the updates off the car we will suddenly do better than Merc.

i think they through a little too much at this car at once. I'm not even entirely sure if we've seen the Silverstone developments. I think there's untapped potential in the updates.

A LOT of the issues are from poor qualifying still. Look at the progression through the field ( or lack there of ) from Piastri and Perez... you are a little preoccupied with 2 bad results. These were bad, i get it, but you seem to forget everything else. We're missing 2 tenths! 2 tenths at this particular track. And Leclerc had race pace, i think comparable to Max.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 24th June 2024 at 23:53.

Yes, there are more races per year under the Max era. Nonetheless, here's a comparison of how long it took some great F1 drivers to reach 106 podiums.

Prost: 38 years, 8 months, 14 days, 199 races
    Alonso: 42 years, 3 months, 12 days, 376 races
    Verstappen: 26 years, 8 months, 30 days, 195 races

Hamilton: at 32y, 3m, 3d, during his 190th race, took his 106th podium at the ChineseGP 2017.
    Schumacher: 35y/5m/21d, 170th race. Europe 2002.
    Vettel: 31y/27d, 210th race, Hungary 2018.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

I think we need to see how they react to MCL and Merc now before we right off the season. I always thought smaller updates more often would be better, I expect we'll start seeing that now, starting with the tire warm up issues and then high speed corner performance. Let's see if they have the staff and equipment to bring the car up to speed and start competing at the top. If they make no headway with getting this car to be competitive, seeing as how it started off being so benign, then we might be in trouble even next year and if Newey is coming, he would be a welcome addition.

at least the weather for this coming race looks BAKING hot....so far at least
    so this can be in our favor as we seem to bring the tires up to temp over one lap, OR we have been in the past

spielberg.PNG
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Sainz needs this win and at least another to finally get Mrec t sign him for a decent salary.

so this can be in our favor as we seem to bring the tires up to temp over one lap, OR we have been in the past

spielberg.PNG
    Hopefully this will help the team, also Vasseur will set things straight between the drivers and Carlos will realize what his place is in the team.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Carlos no longer has a place with the Ferrari team after this year so.... he needs to make the best of each race as the #1 driver to secure a future in F1 starting 2025. Charles is already set for 20 25 @ Ferrari. He needs no help from Carlos. I wish Merc on Carlos .

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Carlos no longer has a place with the Ferrari team after this year so.... he needs to make the best of each race as the #1 driver to secure a future in F1 starting 2025. Charles is already set for 20 25 @ Ferrari. He needs no help from Carlos. I wish Merc on Carlos .
    hey look at it this way...

If Carlos goes to Williams he can Rubenize Albon!

hey look at it this way...

If Carlos goes to Williams he can Rubenize Albon!

spielberg.PNG
    how do you do this, i always just get a link instead of the image showing up in the post
    Attached Images Attached Images

how do you do this, i always just get a link instead of the image showing up in the post
    i use SNIP IT tool in windows, than save the file on my computer and add i as an attachment to the message i'm typing.

Rumours that Sargeant is going to Indycar next season.
    Forza Ferrari

Yeah same for me, unsure how to fix it tbh and I have tried. It used to work fine for me and show the image now I just get the link as you say.
    Forza Ferrari