Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/re...cept/10620100/

No more DRS....active aero perfect for Newey....

I can only hope for Ferrari's sake and us fans that Sr Lewis dose not fall apart as did Michael when he went home to drive for Merc without Todt ; Ross and his slave Rubens moving over. ZERO wins in 3 seasons ! Ferrari begged to have him even a year before his contract was up @ merc . I'm just hoping he wins and continue as the F1 GOAT for our team . and get his well deserved 8th WDC with Ferrari. I hope Charles can keep up the good work along side Sr Lewis!!! And getting rid of Carlos was not a mistake.

Lot's of strong rumours Sainz has signed with Williams, to be announced at the Spanish GP.
    Forza Ferrari

I HAVE AL WAYS BELIEVED DRS IS FINE BUT LET THE DRIVERS DECIDE WHEN TO USE IT
    Changes aren't permanent........But change is.
    ALL LIVES MATTER... EVEN YOURS

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Lot's of strong rumours Sainz has signed with Williams, to be announced at the Spanish GP.
    Christ! He must know something nobody else does...
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Or no one else wanted him. Red Bull signed Perez and Mercedes wants Kimi. Saniz is out their talking like all the teams lined up to sign him, yet that’s not the reality.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Maybe with James Vowels at the helm Williams are on the up. Albon re-signed a multi-year contract with them and I guess he was in demand by other teams.
    OR is it as Ferrari 1.8t says no one else wants him. I thought he would probably go to the new venture Sauber/Audi but maybe they don't like the selfish streak he has. or there again maybe Hulkenberg/Sainz wouldn't work. They might want Hulk as the lead driver!!!!!!!

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Maybe with James Vowels at the helm Williams are on the up. Albon re-signed a multi-year contract with them and I guess he was in demand by other teams.
    OR is it as Ferrari 1.8t says no one else wants him. I thought he would probably go to the new venture Sauber/Audi but maybe they don't like the selfish streak he has. or there again maybe Hulkenberg/Sainz wouldn't work. They might want Hulk as the lead driver!!!!!!!
    Selfish indeed and NOt a team player..always puts himself FIRST above Ferrari….thats why he got the boot for 2025

I wish him luck in his future endeavours

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Selfish indeed and NOt a team player..always puts himself FIRST above Ferrari….thats why he got the boot for 2025

I wish him luck in his future endeavours
    I doubt we would sign Lewis to replace Carlos if we cared about team players lol
    Forza Ferrari

I doubt we would sign Lewis to replace Carlos if we cared about team players lol
    Touche

Forza Jules

Lewis may just play second fiddle to LeClerc mate

Lewis may just play second fiddle to LeClerc mate
    I hope I am wrong but somehow I cannot see Lewis playing second fiddle. I see demands and when they are not met tantrums and finally the blame game.
    But Fred knows Lewis of old so maybe he knows how best to manage him.

Forza Jules

we've been useless in the wet for years

and with this year's car we already know the difference in characteristic to save the tyres on long hot dry races, our tyre management is much better than in previous seasons

unfortunately, this means we can't generate heat in tyres. So we added poor tyre heating to a car that was already not so good in the wet. And you have what we got yesterday.

this made a race in cool temperatures, especially when wet, a real struggle

we need a HOT HOT HOT European summer!

i could see all this yesterday, but Kyss4k and jgonzalesm6 have it all figured out, ignore me and read their posts.

the race was lost, just as Imola was, in Qualifying

they have to rush those Qualifying updates

except now, we really shouldn't because we need to make sure we can understand everything, and can get back to where we were in Spain.

Sr Lewis is spending 2024 enjoying his millions socializing ; traveling etc. He already cut the wait for his Ferrari debut by one whole year. I believe come 2025 @ Ferrari the Sr Lewis GOAT will reappear driving at his best to get that stolen 8th WDC ! Ferrari made a great choice getting Lewis and hopefully all us Ferrari fans will see wins and podiums!!

Vasseur is accelerating the Silverstone upgrades to Barcelona.

[FormulaUno]
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

[FormulaUno]
    that is AMAZING news

Fred knows he needs to keep his drivers happy and motivated so what better than give them updated machinery. Hope it has the desired effect.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

[FormulaUno]

With a bit more details
    Trying to bring most of the new parts planned for Silverstone to Barcelona is a race against time that will require a lot of work in the team's production department. From the information collected, the update to the fund is aimed at extracting further downforce, approximately 10 load points and an improvement in terms of efficiency. The factor that will allow us to decide on the package to be sent to Spain depends on the units that Ferrari will be able to produce from the new fund. Three new units would allow the team to give both Leclerc and Sainz the chance to enjoy the update on Catalan soil in two weeks. Next week will be the crucial one in this sense. It usually takes 7/8 weeks to produce the model approved in the gallery in the three Grand Prix specifications, in this case they are trying to get the new parts sooner.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

that is AMAZING news
    Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Fred knows he needs to keep his drivers happy and motivated so what better than give them updated machinery. Hope it has the desired effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

With a bit more details
    "In Fred we trust!"
    It's not how start but how you finish.

St Fred. Make your miracle

Ferrari: summary of information from @formu1a__uno via live Twitch:

- The next updates coming are now to address the weaknesses of the SF-24. The first step taken in Imola was based on the pre-season version, now it is a question of fixing the weaknesses of the SF-24. - The reliability problem on the Leclerc engine in Canada = @formu1a__uno received the information on the reasons for the problem and it is not worrying. This should resolve fairly easily.
    - Ferrari suffers with its basic concept at the level of the softest tires. It puts too little energy on the tires. Tomorrow, an article from @formu1a__uno will come out to explain what went wrong during this difficult weekend in Canada.
    - Ferrari has therefore decided to anticipate certain new parts in Barcelona such as the new floor. The floor is one of the most important elements for performance.
    - The aim will be to increase the aerodynamic efficiency of the car, which could help resolve early weaknesses. The preferred option is to bring three copies of the floor, so that Leclerc and Sainz can perfectly benefit in Barcelona from the update. - In Maranello they work day and night to anticipate improvements, literally. There will also be new parts at Silverstone.
    - Ferrari 2026 engine = everything is going as planned. In Maranello they are satisfied with the work in progress and they are perfectly aligned with the programming schedule.

Business F1 confirms Adrian Newey has signed with Ferrari: details and contract duration

https://scuderiafans.com/business-f1...oogle_vignette

Red Bull is asking the FIA to investigate Mercedes front wing. Good! Ferrari should do the same.

I’m sure we will get some silly “it’s not in the spirit of the rules, but because the drivers are British we will allow it”. But, no other teams are allowed to copy it and it’s banned next year. DAS anyone?

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/28258...ront-wing.html
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Red Bull is asking the FIA to investigate Mercedes front wing. Good! Ferrari should do the same.

I’m sure we will get some silly “it’s not in the spirit of the rules, but because the drivers are British we will allow it”. But, no other teams are allowed to copy it and it’s banned next year. DAS anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

what's so SPECIAL about their new wing?? are they doing some trickery with it???
    to the naked/untrained eye like mine, it looks normal

Ferrari will NOT do anything about it....they lost their NUTS and got neutered LONG, LONG, LONG ago....sad but true

we have ABSOLUTELY no political power any more

what's so SPECIAL about their new wing?? are they doing some trickery with it???

Ferrari will NOT do anything about it....they lost their NUTS and got neutered LONG, LONG, LONG ago....sad but true

RedBull claim that Merc wing is extra frexy. They also claim this Ferrari and McL too , but most about Merc
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

We have no reason to spend political capital on something raised by RBR.
    Also , RBR called on Merc, not on us nor Mclaren. in my opinion we would have to call on RBR if they did something against us.

You need to pick your battles. Don't be confused by what happened on previous years (ie. Binotto), things have changed.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

i thought it was the third element not the flexion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i thought it was the third element not the flexion.
    “Red Bull claim that the McLaren wing in particular bends significantly too much. Also Ferrari. And now Mercedes have followed suit with the bending.” – Auto Motor und Sport reports.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!