Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

I wish the same !

they're dumb if they don't take Sainz.

I hope they're dumb.

but i do want a good seat for Carlos...

I want to express on opinion here.
    I have to admit that as much as I enjoyed Lec's victory, the same I felt with Sainz. He acted like the perfect wingman not saying 2nd driver etc) all weekend and especially in the race itself and after!!!! And my question is ,WHY he waited his 5th year and now being out of the team for next year, to show this face???!!!! THIS is the Sainz I anticipated when we sign him. Not saying always been the support driver, if there where race when he would have the edge over Lec ,then he would take the lead (as happened in Singapore).BUT it has to happened this mysterious acting with all the Spaniards and Binnoto, to force everything into him.And eventually all lead to his failure (and his "team" ) and Binnotos.
    IIF he had the Monaco attitude since the beginning , I'm sure things would have Geena much better for him and above all the team !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I want to express on opinion here.
    I have to admit that as much as I enjoyed Lec's victory, the same I felt with Sainz. He acted like the perfect wingman not saying 2nd driver etc) all weekend and especially in the race itself and after!!!! And my question is ,WHY he waited his 5th year and now being out of the team for next year, to show this face???!!!! THIS is the Sainz I anticipated when we sign him. Not saying always been the support driver, if there where race when he would have the edge over Lec ,then he would take the lead (as happened in Singapore).BUT it has to happened this mysterious acting with all the Spaniards and Binnoto, to force everything into him.And eventually all lead to his failure (and his "team" ) and Binnotos.
    IIF he had the Monaco attitude since the beginning , I'm sure things would have Geena much better for him and above all the team !!!!!
    i don't think there's anything there. There hasn't been many opportunities for him to play this role. MAYBEE Monaco 2022, but not even there as there was more out of our control.

Just because Sainz played the number 2 role well here, when he was finally in a position to do so, doesn't mean he wasn't willing or able to do so before.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i don't think there's anything there. There hasn't been many opportunities for him to play this role. MAYBEE Monaco 2022, but not even there as there was more out of our control.

Just because Sainz played the number 2 role well here, when he was finally in a position to do so, doesn't mean he wasn't willing or able to do so before.
    Well to me ,it didn't look like this the years before. Almost every race he was looking his own place and of he wasn't able to do much he just gave up. Like last Sunday, the Sainz we watch these 4 years, he would tried to push Piastri all race just for h to pick an opportunity to earn a place.He wouldn't care if Norris would be able to do a free stop and try something with new tires. I haven't see or heard him care much of Lec or the team interest .Just his side only. And like the only thing he cared about was to beat Charles. Anyway this is behind us now ,just saying that if he (again not only him,but Binnoto had put together a Sainz team inside Ferrari thay only purpose was to made Sainz look better then Lec) had played better ,things would be better for him also inside the team.

they're dumb if they don't take Sainz.

I hope they're dumb.

but i do want a good seat for Carlos...
    Williams

I digress.
    Probably the main reason Ferrari did not wish to re-sign him, is that he showed a "Sainz first" face first , whereas Charles is always a Ferrari first person (actually Charles is the very definition of that).

People that cannot display that mentality, have little to no future in Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Well to me ,it didn't look like this the years before. Almost every race he was looking his own place and of he wasn't able to do much he just gave up. Like last Sunday, the Sainz we watch these 4 years, he would tried to push Piastri all race just for h to pick an opportunity to earn a place.He wouldn't care if Norris would be able to do a free stop and try something with new tires. I haven't see or heard him care much of Lec or the team interest .Just his side only. And like the only thing he cared about was to beat Charles. Anyway this is behind us now ,just saying that if he (again not only him,but Binnoto had put together a Sainz team inside Ferrari thay only purpose was to made Sainz look better then Lec) had played better ,things would be better for him also inside the team.
    Exactly that.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I digress.
    Probably the main reason Ferrari did not wish to re-sign him, is that he showed a "Sainz first" face first , whereas Charles is always a Ferrari first person (actually Charles is the very definition of that).

People that cannot display that mentality, have little to no future in Ferrari.
    Sainz needed a Ferrari team of Todt Ross and Rubens !! "Let Michael pass!" Maybe this will be the way with Sr Lewis @ Ferrari.Already @ GOAT status ! Ferrari has all to gain with Sr Lewis ; that's why they jumped on the chance to get him and not wait till 2026. Move over R Bull; Ferrari is the new #1!!

At these stages in their respective careers and judging by their past conduct I quite prefer malleable Sainz over primadonna Hamilton. Leclerc will dominate from day one and I still doubt the swap but hope to be proven wrong.

‼️ Ferrari F1 technical director Enrico Cardile has been linked with a possible move to Aston Martin

Is there an engineer AM hasn't approached? Must make their engineers feel great knowing Stroll has so much confidence in them.

‼️ Ferrari F1 technical director Enrico Cardile has been linked with a possible move to Aston Martin
    This will be bad news if that were to happen.

This will be bad news if that were to happen.

Not going to happen so there's nothing to worry about.
    I think us Ferrari fans should be getting ready for some celebration, because Newey is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I think us Ferrari fans should be getting ready for some celebration, because Newey is coming.
    Talking about Newey, I hope he joins Ferrari and hopefully can supersede the legendary status of the following:

https://youtu.be/nP3zPf6qrws?si=CQ7df4jENCAQPUdt

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Even IF Newey will come to us, i still believe that losing Cardile would be a quite big loss for us . 1stly because Newey's roll (IF he comes) wpuld be as consultant, and not a full time job to be a TD for example. And Cardile,now that has the freedom to act as he wants from Vassuer, he has done a brilliant job,and he designed a car to fight in the very top !!!!!! I will be sad if we lose him !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I wonder where the rumour about Cardile came from. I have not seen any mention of it anywhere but here. Hope it's only just a rumour.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I wonder where the rumour about Cardile came from. I have not seen any mention of it anywhere but here. Hope it's only just a rumour.
    Cardile = in recent days, @RobChinchero and Leo Turrini have reported a concrete offer from Aston Martin to Enrico Cardile, the technical director of Ferrari. The Italian engineer, very popular in the paddock, has indeed received a significant offer from the British team.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Cardile = in recent days, @RobChinchero and Leo Turrini have reported a concrete offer from Aston Martin to Enrico Cardile, the technical director of Ferrari. The Italian engineer, very popular in the paddock, has indeed received a significant offer from the British team.
    Thank you Pure Passion. Let's hope Ferrari will match or better the offer to keep him.

Forza Jules

I am pretty sure that this will be shut down pretty swiftly.
    The job he does is very important and Vasseur would not leave him go unless there's no other option.

Simone Resta ends 23-year Ferrari F1 stay and will join Mercedes as their strategic development director next year.

Perez with RBR for another 2 years

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/pe...bull/10619571/
    Forza Ferrari

Good the downfall of RB has begun...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Good the downfall of RB has begun...
    i think so too

so far we have the BEST driver lineup for next year; we have the GOAT, 7 time wdc as well as Charles which is one of the best drivers out there. And if we have a car capable of fighting for wins at every track, then i don't see why we shouldn't win BOTH championships

don't count out this season!

this season feels like 1998, or 1999.

Checo was retained for two reasons: Sponsors and because he is inferior to Max.
    But this was the worst decision for RBR

Best news for Ferrari.

Time to push hard.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i think so too

so far we have the BEST driver lineup for next year; we have the GOAT, 7 time wdc as well as Charles which is one of the best drivers out there. And if we have a car capable of fighting for wins at every track, then i don't see why we shouldn't win BOTH championships
    I like your enthusiasm, but i think we should just tone it down a bit and not get over excited about this car right now. RB will def be back this weekend ( hope not ) but they still the team ot beat no matter which way you look at it. We just gotta beat the Mclarens for starters and at the same time, keep RB honest.

As for LH being the goat because he's coming to Ferrari, this i disagree with big time. LH is good, but not a stand out driver like past champions.( won't get into a debate over this )

Leclerc wil def improve with LH being their, But i feel he'll beat LH as did George Rusell had done in his first year at Merc.

For me, its important that we become competitive on all race tracks, not just a few. And if we can start doing this from now on until the end of the year, then id like to believe that next year we should be in a very good position to start the season.
    Drive it like you stole it!

[QUOTE=aroutis;1089846]Checo was retained for two reasons: Sponsors and because he is inferior to Max.
    But this was the worst decision for RBR

Max is inferior to Sr Lewis; Sainz ; Alonso ; Charles; Daniel and to sponsors! Checo is truly Rubenized or else he'd be giving Max one hell of a hard time if given a equal car. The competition @ Ferrari between Spain & Monegasque can really bring podiums & points & a few more wins to our team!!! I can't believe Carlos still hasn't landed a job for next year! I was sure Merc was.going to jump on the opportunity to get him.
    Last edited by Brembo; 5th June 2024 at 19:11.

HAM is coming to a team that he knows just 2 people, has to learn everything from point zero, for the first time in his career is not protected (no Ron, no Toto) and he will be faced with one of the very fastest driver (and much younger ones) on the grid.

I say good luck to him. All i want from him is to help the team as long as he 'll be with us and cause no issues.