Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
    to my knowledge Ferrari did this twice with Barnard: once in the late 80ies (paid him away from McLaren) (build him a developmentcenter called Guildford Technical Office (GTO)) and then again in the mid 90ies (again new company Ferrari Design and Development center in Shalford, Surrey, the 94 Hockenheim winner was a Barnard car). But the success was ... we know all.
    Todt was the man back then who brought everything together again in '96 where then Brawn and Bryne took over in Maranello. The rest is history.

the most memorable from the Ferrari - Barnard relationship was the sem-automatic gear

First yes because it was a Pink Mercedes with Mercedes PU etc. in it ... easy
    but now the interesting thing you are playing down so easy: its a RB Copy designed for a exclusive HONDA PU that seems working not that bad with a completely different Mercedes PU an back (different engine layout, cooling, suspension geo, etc. etc.) ...

but as it seems all so easy ... your application in Maranello is welcome
    Hey, I understand you're as upset - but, I am too.
    It was just a take on the situation, back off.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Budget cap + more time on the wind tunnel + recent hires from the Red Bull.

Plus Charles's retirement, yet another sunday driver from Carlos and Mercedes woes made them look good.
    Carlos 4th place finish for sure kept Ferrari in the points . Lets pray Carlos has more . Both our drivers on the podium next race !! 4th place and better Sunday drives!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Budget cap + more time on the wind tunnel + recent hires from the Red Bull.

Plus Charles's retirement, yet another sunday driver from Carlos and Mercedes woes made them look good.
    Carlos 4th place finish for sure kept Ferrari in the points . Lets pray Carlos has more . Both our drivers on the podium next race !! 4th place and better Sunday drives!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    I'm stunned the kind of leap AM has taken. When was the last time a team improved this much between two seasons under same regulations? And how good is Dan Fallows?
    Ferrari going from 6th to 3rd , if I recall. Not a small feat.

We need to keep it cool.
    People are talking as if this is the end of the world and this is just race #1, fully aware we were going in with issues (oh, btw for those unaware, we did have issues).
    Specifically we knew we have understeer issues and we're fighting to bring a solution for this, and also we wanted a better solution for the rear wing that didn't work out.
    So no, the car is not a dud but it did not work as hoped for either. Do we roll on 2040 ?
    For the pessimists or glory hunters? Sure, why not?
    For those that aren't, there is another solution, just bring on the fight.
    Did I like Charles retiring? Hell no, but even to that, the good thing is that it was not a mechanical failure. So learn to find the sun between the clouds.
    What I did not like -at all - was the very poor performance by Carlos who , if he keep underperforming like that, might find himself exiting and being replaced and I am sure people will come running for his place.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    With Charles we are the second fastest team. With Sainz we aren’t.
    Some of you ‘fans’ are truly laughable. You are the best fans the opposition could hope for.

You constantly attack, and even insult, one driver for no good reason and yet praise the other continuously, also for not good reason. Too much hype not enough facts. Too much inertia not enough thinking.

You also make “de facto” statements without any proof whatsoever. For instance, some of you pretend to “know” that Santander has a lot of influence on what Ferrari does. They do not. This is the Dunning-Kruger effect in full display.

Also, some of you seem to think the car was designed to suit Sainz. It wasn’t. If anything, this year’s car, which is an evolution of last year’s, was most likely designed with Leclerc in mind. When they started designing the 2022 car, (originally intended to debut in 2021) Sainz wasn’t even in the conversation at Ferrari.

So how about you stop criticizing Sainz, without reason or merit, and stop your constant criticism and negativity towards the team in general and start behaving like, or at least pretending, you are a Ferrari fan.

Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    Some of you ‘fans’ are truly laughable. You are the best fans the opposition could hope for.

You constantly attack, and even insult, one driver for no good reason and yet praise the other continuously, also for not good reason. Too much hype not enough facts. Too much inertia not enough thinking.

You also make “de facto” statements without any proof whatsoever. For instance, some of you pretend to “know” that Santander has a lot of influence on what Ferrari does. They do not. This is the Dunning-Kruger effect in full display.

Also, some of you seem to think the car was designed to suit Sainz. It wasn’t. If anything, this year’s car, which is an evolution of last year’s, was most likely designed with Leclerc in mind. When they started designing the 2022 car, (originally intended to debut in 2021) Sainz wasn’t even in the conversation at Ferrari.

So how about you stop criticizing Sainz, without reason or merit, and stop your constant criticism and negativity towards the team in general and start behaving like, or at least pretending, you are a Ferrari fan.
    You are denying the fact that he is too slow. Stating a fact is insulting for you. If that’s too negative, that’s on you. He was nowhere yesterday, where Charles would have been on the podium. Maybe you should start with being more critical. The truth is, we are way too slow. So what do you expect? Should we celebrate? Is this enough for you? Stop sugarcoating everything and everyone. If you don’t deliver week after week, questions will be raised.
    Last edited by brucewayne; 6th March 2023 at 13:16.

You are denying the fact that he is too slow. Stating a fact is insulting for you. If that’s too negative, that’s on you. He was nowhere yesterday, where Charles would have been on the podium. Maybe you should start with being more critical. The truth is, we are way too slow. So what do you expect? Should we celebrate? Is this enough for you? Stop sugarcoating everything and everyone. If you don’t deliver week after week, questions will be raised.
    +16
    It's not how start but how you finish.

i couldn't agree more; carlos is way too slow and nothing by a number 2 driver. if he's not pulling up his socks and try to be at the level of Charles, he'll soon be shown the door
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

OK. The team knew going into the race that the car wasn't good on its tyres. They knew degradation would be an issue, and it was. Almost everyone also knew, or expected, that the AM was good on long runs and that was also evident during the latter stages of the race. Carlos told the team that he could defend aggressively and waste his tyres and possibly be passed by cars behind him or focus on finishing the race in the best possible position. Again, some of you have a predetermined bias towards Sainz so that everything he does or says is immediately criticized.

You do not know if Leclerc would have been able to fend off Alonso. So you assume Charles would have been on the podium but the fact is that you don not know that. Alsonso was cruising during the last 10-12 laps, after passing Sainz, and was still able to pull away from Ferrari and Mercedes. So it was very possible that Alonso could have caught up with Charles and passed him before lap 57.

Sainz at least was able to hold off Hamilton. Had that been Leclerc holding off Hamilton you've be praising him.

Yes. The team has issues. They are fast on the straights as proven by straight-line speed but they chew up the tyres for lunch. I have managed enough talented teams to know that criticism is important but along with criticism I expected ideas and positivity that lead to better results. If all you do is criticize without contributing then you are dead weight.

I am also critical of Sainz. He is fast during practice and in Q1 and Q2 but seems to not get his best lap in Q3. That's where Leclerc shines. But, Sainz also has better strategic understanding of the entire race than Charles and he is less prone to silly mistakes than Charles. Anyway, I'm barking up the wrong tree. Later...

I’m gonna advise all that have slated the prancing horse, it’s drivers & team personnel to take a good look at yourselves in the mirror! Clearly you are only fans of winning! I remember my first glimpse of a Ferrari f1 car was 94 season as my dad was breezing through the channels one Sunday afternoon. I saw right there that I was attracted to the red cars, out of all those cars it was Ferrari that caught my attention & that stayed with me for life. 94 was my first full season watching, win or lose I’ve been a fan. Do they frustrate me sometimes? Absolutely!
    Never have I slated the team like some of you here.
    Ferrari may not win for the next decade, red bull are an absolute mountain for any team to beat. They are the most complete team since Ferrari & Mercedes dominating years. Did you so called fans believe that we could just walk into the season & trounce red bull coz that would be bloody naive of you all!
    Being Ferrari fans does not give us a right to win. If you are only here for glory then I suggest you pack up & leave
    Real Ferrari fans are here through the hard times & good! Please question your support of this beloved team.

There is no problems with the drivers, but Ferrari and their development team. Yes we can wait for 2-4 races but what will happen if be the same with 0.5 s behind in the race peace and issues engine. Nothing next year to 2035 …

Quote Originally Posted by pericoloso View Post
    OK. The team knew going into the race that the car wasn't good on its tyres. They knew degradation would be an issue, and it was. Almost everyone also knew, or expected, that the AM was good on long runs and that was also evident during the latter stages of the race. Carlos told the team that he could defend aggressively and waste his tyres and possibly be passed by cars behind him or focus on finishing the race in the best possible position. Again, some of you have a predetermined bias towards Sainz so that everything he does or says is immediately criticized.

You do not know if Leclerc would have been able to fend off Alonso. So you assume Charles would have been on the podium but the fact is that you don not know that. Alsonso was cruising during the last 10-12 laps, after passing Sainz, and was still able to pull away from Ferrari and Mercedes. So it was very possible that Alonso could have caught up with Charles and passed him before lap 57.

Sainz at least was able to hold off Hamilton. Had that been Leclerc holding off Hamilton you've be praising him.

Yes. The team has issues. They are fast on the straights as proven by straight-line speed but they chew up the tyres for lunch. I have managed enough talented teams to know that criticism is important but along with criticism I expected ideas and positivity that lead to better results. If all you do is criticize without contributing then you are dead weight.

I am also critical of Sainz. He is fast during practice and in Q1 and Q2 but seems to not get his best lap in Q3. That's where Leclerc shines. But, Sainz also has better strategic understanding of the entire race than Charles and he is less prone to silly mistakes than Charles. Anyway, I'm barking up the wrong tree. Later...
    Yeah, sure. I guess all his mistakes from last year weren’t as silly as Charles‘ mistakes. Australia, Japan… If he would at least be fast. His race pace is nowhere. You are everything, but not critical. At the end, actions speak louder than word. The team has to respond, starting in Jeddah. We as fans can be critical, we aren’t the leaders of the team. It’s not like these problems came out of nowhere, we still have the same problems as last year after TD39. Vasseur will bring an outside perspective, which can be very valuable.

Charles would have achieved P3, he was 10+ seconds in front, and would have managed the gap until the end. His race pace is simply better. If we would be as fast as RB, this wouldn’t be a problem. But we lost 3 points, because of Sainz‘ pace. But you can’t even admit that.
    Last edited by brucewayne; 6th March 2023 at 15:00.

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarchar View Post
    I’m gonna advise all that have slated the prancing horse, it’s drivers & team personnel to take a good look at yourselves in the mirror! Clearly you are only fans of winning! I remember my first glimpse of a Ferrari f1 car was 94 season as my dad was breezing through the channels one Sunday afternoon. I saw right there that I was attracted to the red cars, out of all those cars it was Ferrari that caught my attention & that stayed with me for life. 94 was my first full season watching, win or lose I’ve been a fan. Do they frustrate me sometimes? Absolutely!
    Ferrari may not win for the next decade, red bull are an absolute mountain for any team to beat. They are the most complete team since Ferrari & Mercedes dominating years. Did you so called fans believe that we could just walk into the season & trounce red bull coz that would be bloody naive of you all!
    Being Ferrari fans does not give us a right to win. If you are only here for glory then I suggest you pack up & leave
    Real Ferrari fans are here through the hard times & good! Please question your support of this beloved team.
    What are you talking about? Many of us are Ferrari Fans through thick and thin. I am since the 90s, from the day I recognized the red cars on tv as a child. We want the team to fight against RB, we all know that they are the benchmark. We do understand that this is a project, which started a couple of years ago. Why is it so hard to admit that we should be further at this point? That we should start better into a season? If there are problems, we as fans can form an opinion and speak out our thoughts. Maybe we should ask you whether you are as passionate as we are?

Okay guys, I hate to be pessimistic, but Leclerc took 2 ES's just in this last race and you're only allowed 2 per season....IF he takes a 3rd then it's a grid penalty.

Not good this early in the season....yikes.

Can anyone on this forum tell me what to do with the lens in the next race? Will he get a starting place penalty or not? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Okay guys, I hate to be pessimistic, but Leclerc took 2 ES's just in this last race and you're only allowed 2 per season....IF he takes a 3rd then it's a grid penalty.

Not good this early in the season....yikes.
    i'm sure they're working hard to resolve the issue with the faulty ES, maybe it's someting simple like a faulty sensor or something

and once they address and fix that, even if we take a new one it's only a 5 place so it's not the end of the world.
    our main issues are tire wear and better understand how to set up the car so we gain more lap time on race pace

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    Can anyone on this forum tell me what to do with the lens in the next race? Will he get a starting place penalty or not? Thank you.
    We don’t know, no confirmation. So we have to wait. Hopefully they can still use the first one.

Forza Ferrari
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Taking small positives (because what else can we do!) at least there was no mistakes on the wall, good double stack and the car can defend in a straight line even against DRS.

I just don't see how we solve the tyre issue when we had the whole winter to solve a problem we knew a lot about and clearly didn't prioritise or did think we solved because the simulation said we did when in reality it didn't correlate to what happened on track.
    I wanted to find a positive after all the negatives after the race, and I agree with you. My main issue was the retirement for Charles and that was after changing electrical components pre-race, it doesn't inspire confidence but IF we can make a better showing in Jeddah and manage to escape any penalties, all is not yet lost.

Most of us here were still watching Ferrari race in 2020, one of the worst years ever, so we can handle it, as well as the past 16 years since 2008 and more recently the crumbling championships of 2017, 2018 and 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I wanted to find a positive after all the negatives after the race, and I agree with you. My main issue was the retirement for Charles and that was after changing electrical components pre-race, it doesn't inspire confidence but IF we can make a better showing in Jeddah and manage to escape any penalties, all is not yet lost.
    The most positive thing is, it was only the first race and there are plenty races left. Plus we showed that the car is basically faster than 2022. I am speculating, but our problems are mostly suspension related. We still have to run too stiff, so we compromise speed in lower speed corners. If we find a way to unlock the changed suspension, we could be back. Question is, how long will it take?

What are you talking about? Many of us are Ferrari Fans through thick and thin. I am since the 90s, from the day I recognized the red cars on tv as a child. We want the team to fight against RB, we all know that they are the benchmark. We do understand that this is a project, which started a couple of years ago. Why is it so hard to admit that we should be further at this point? That we should start better into a season? If there are problems, we as fans can form an opinion and speak out our thoughts. Maybe we should ask you whether you are as passionate as we are?
    Absolutely you should have an opinion, as I tell my kids, it’s how you form your opinion! My passion doesn’t involve bitchin about the team, I love Ferrari regardless, the feeling has been euphoric at times but that has been few and far between championship wise, that’s just over a handful championship titles compared to the 29 years I’ve been watching. Like you’ve mentioned, you’ve been watching since the 90s, you know our team long enough to know we haven’t been anywhere near a powerhouse for years. We all watch with hope don’t we, Why do you believe we should be further at this point though ? Because last year we had a great start? That soon fizzled out & was apparent before the halfway point we were not in contention. if you think Ferrari are gonna overcome the absolute might of the bulls, you will set yourself up for disappointment. The scarlet Ferraris will win when they’re ready & if you know the team well then you’ll know the so called project needs more than a reshuffle.
    I hope every year Ferrari finds a silver bullet, one things for sure I never expect.

Absolutely you should have an opinion, as I tell my kids, it’s how you form your opinion! My passion doesn’t involve bitchin about the team, I love Ferrari regardless, the feeling has been euphoric at times but that has been few and far between championship wise, that’s just over a handful championship titles compared to the 29 years I’ve been watching. Like you’ve mentioned, you’ve been watching since the 90s, you know our team long enough to know we haven’t been anywhere near a powerhouse for years. We all watch with hope don’t we, Why do you believe we should be further at this point though ? Because last year we had a great start? That soon fizzled out & was apparent before the halfway point we were not in contention. if you think Ferrari are gonna overcome the absolute might of the bulls, you will set yourself up for disappointment. The scarlet Ferraris will win when they’re ready & if you know the team well then you’ll know the so called project needs more than a reshuffle.
    I hope every year Ferrari finds a silver bullet, one things for sure I never expect.
    Are you then satisfied with the team then over the course of 15 years and how they've handled themselves as a team since Kimi won?

That's what's going on here with most of us tifosi.

We are simply criticizing the team......year after year after year......because we are not satisfied. Mercedes were dominant. RedBull was dominant and looks dominant once again. Now it looks like Aston Martin could be the #2 team to beat as it looks like they are climbing up the F1 ladder.

F1 doesn't still. You constantly have to strive to be the best and the whole culture in the F1 team needs to about winning and have the best personnel to do it.

In the heat of post-GP moments like Bahrain, we all like to get our disappointment and frustration off our chests, but as you say, once a tifoso, always a tifoso, at least in my book, and I've been one since 1967! It has been painful and glorious at times, but I am still here and always will be, despite any outbursts threatening to stop following F1.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    In the heat of post-GP moments like Bahrain, we all like to get our disappointment and frustration off our chests, but as you say, once a tifoso, always a tifoso, at least in my book, and I've been one since 1967! It has been painful and glorious at times, but I am still here and always will be, despite any outbursts threatening to stop following F1.
    No doubt. I won’t stop being a Tifosi, at the end of the day. Otherwise I would have stopped long time ago. Nevertheless, we want Ferrari to improve and win titles again. Otherwise we could also stop competing in F1. We have big issues, and they need to get addressed as soon as possible.

Control unit wiring caused Ferrari DNF in Bahrain: vibrations, overheating or assembly error?

https://scuderiafans.com/control-uni...ssembly-error/

“In fact, the anomaly was only seen on Charles Leclerc’s single-seater, with the Monegasque that seems to always be the one affected by these problems in the last two years…”

Incompetency or sabotage? Either way, someone should loose their job if this was a human error issue. There is no room for mistakes and Fred needs to make a statement that it will not be tolerated anymore.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

1) Went to my first GP in 1972. Been an Ferrari fan since 1979.
    2) Given the Scuderia's history, pedigree, passion - and substantial financial clout and technical/ logistical infrastructure - it's tough waiting SO LONG between championships.
    3) Particularly frustrating, when we have great drivers, is the frequency with which the team manages to shoot itself in the foot. Last season was a perfect example.
    4) I really hate being beaten by (1) a manufacturer of ****e sugary drinks and (2) that smug git Wolff!
    5) #ForzaFerrari!
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    1) Went to my first GP in 1972. Been an Ferrari fan since 1979.
    2) Given the Scuderia's history, pedigree, passion - and substantial financial clout and technical/ logistical infrastructure - it's tough waiting SO LONG between championships.
    3) Particularly frustrating, when we have great drivers, is the frequency with which the team manages to shoot itself in the foot. Last season was a perfect example.
    4) I really hate being beaten by (1) a manufacturer of ****e sugary drinks and (2) that smug git Wolff!
    5) #ForzaFerrari!
    +1, 100%......great summary!

ECB63F20-2D0B-4E04-B717-94D074B10BD4.jpeg

on this picture the RB have bigger Rearwing and smaller frontwing, what seems logic on an Rear limited Racetrack
    Can someone explaine me why The f23 have this Setup ?

Quote Originally Posted by Smintlemon View Post
    ECB63F20-2D0B-4E04-B717-94D074B10BD4.jpeg

on this picture the RB have bigger Rearwing and smaller frontwing, what seems logic on an Rear limited Racetrack
    Can someone explaine me why The f23 have this Setup ?
    Only logical reason is that the lack of front downforce compromised the setup. So they basically had no choice to find proper balance, as the tested rear wing clearly wasn't ready.