Page 1 of 14 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Last Year's Result:

Now wouldn't a repeat be nice!
    Trying to be less angry..

a comparison between the data obtained during the 2022 and 2023 test days, and the lap-time forecasts at the beginning of the season:

In fact, they could not guess very well in 2022, and even Ferrari started the season much better. This year they calculate the gap as 0.16. Probably this year will not keep predictions too.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    a comparison between the data obtained during the 2022 and 2023 test days, and the lap-time forecasts at the beginning of the season:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqJ9osBX...jpg&name=large
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqJ9or1X...jpg&name=large

In fact, they could not guess very well in 2022, and even Ferrari started the season much better. This year they calculate the gap as 0.16. Probably this year will not keep predictions too.
    McLaren can't be 4th fastest

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    McLaren can't be 4th fastest
    this is according to the test results. the test wasn't practiced with full-power. So you're right. probably mclaren will be one of the least powerful car in the race.

RB hold the advantage…. Then followed by other teams.

I'm sorry, but I'm seeing similarities to another Vettel-like RBR era.

We need an advantage that nullifies Newey's and RBR's strategy dept.

Here's to hoping SF prove me wrong and win this year's championship.

Fyi leclerc just told to italian tv that he knows we are behind RBR but the season is long. He also said we dind't push in tests but anyway we are behind RBR.

Anything can happen but i think it won't be different from last year at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm seeing similarities to another Vettel-like RBR era.

We need an advantage that nullifies Newey's and RBR's strategy dept.

Here's to hoping SF prove me wrong and win this year's championship.
    so Red Bull won in the 2010s because of their strategy dept? give me a break. Your other recent posts in other threads are equally as bewildering.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulpg87 View Post
    Fyi leclerc just told to italian tv that he knows we are behind RBR but the season is long. He also said we dind't push in tests but anyway we are behind RBR.

Anything can happen but i think it won't be different from last year at the end.
    Vasseur says the race will be a different story from testing. I don't think anyone knows the true times, even the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    so Red Bull won in the 2010s because of their strategy dept? give me a break. Your other recent posts in other threads are equally as bewildering.
    A combination of factors play a role in their success - but, it was primarily Newey (and to a lesser extent their Strategy dept.) that played a role in their success during the early 2010s. Alonso, himself, said as much.

you might be right but there is always hope. Let's remember what Mercedes and RB said about us after the testing and before the first race of the 2022 season

Horner:
    “When Ferrari turn up with the fastest car and smash us out of the park at the first race then you’ll have to say it probably did [compromise us],” he told reporters.

Toto Wolff feels F1-75 was "best car until summer break"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maurybr...h=749b00a5729b

Mercedes' Toto Wolff and Red Bull's Christian Horner agree on Ferrari ahead of 2022 season

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-Verstappen-F1

we will not know who is the fastest until the lights off

No Inaki nor Mattia = less strategy blunder, at least technically

I’m a bit confused.
    Charles said that the new car is much better than 2022.
    All the teams are “much” better?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I’m a bit confused.
    Charles said that the new car is much better than 2022.
    All the teams are “much” better?
    I've no confusion. This car will be on pole. And it will also dominate this race, barring any strategic error or reliability issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I've no confusion. This car will be on pole. And it will also dominate this race, barring any strategic error or reliability issue.
    Either driver does the above!! No let him pass!!

Leclerc seems to have been quoted as saying that Ferrari's analysis indicates that they are behind the Red Bull:

https://www.formu1a.uno/ferrari-tant...g-per-la-sf-23

Ferrari arriva in Bahrain senza i favori del pronostico, ne sono consapevoli gli uomini di Maranello ed anche i piloti stessi. “Nei test non abbiamo mostrato tutta la prestazione che la SF-23 ha ma nemmeno Red Bull. Vedremo solo sabato pomeriggio in qualifica.” – ha fatto sapere Leclerc – “Le analisi dei test ci hanno mostrato che forse siamo un po’ indietro rispetto a loro”. Il monegasco è parso certamente meno euforico del proprio compagno di squadra, predicando molta cautela, similarmente a quanto fatto in ingresso al primo weekend stagionale da Fred Vassuer. “La prima gara è un punto di partenza per raggiungere il nostro obiettivo che è quello di vincere il mondiale. Se ci sarà del lavoro in più da fare perché saremo indietro, faremo di tutto per recuperare, se è più positivo di quello che pensiamo, meglio così.” ha concluso Leclerc.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Leclerc seems to have been quoted as saying that Ferrari's analysis indicates that they are behind the Red Bull:

Ferrari arriva in Bahrain senza i favori del pronostico, ne sono consapevoli gli uomini di Maranello ed anche i piloti stessi. “Nei test non abbiamo mostrato tutta la prestazione che la SF-23 ha ma nemmeno Red Bull. Vedremo solo sabato pomeriggio in qualifica.” – ha fatto sapere Leclerc – “Le analisi dei test ci hanno mostrato che forse siamo un po’ indietro rispetto a loro”. Il monegasco è parso certamente meno euforico del proprio compagno di squadra, predicando molta cautela, similarmente a quanto fatto in ingresso al primo weekend stagionale da Fred Vassuer. “La prima gara è un punto di partenza per raggiungere il nostro obiettivo che è quello di vincere il mondiale. Se ci sarà del lavoro in più da fare perché saremo indietro, faremo di tutto per recuperare, se è più positivo di quello che pensiamo, meglio così.” ha concluso Leclerc.
    hes bluffing mate.....pole on saturday adn win on sunday....mark my words
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

With RB penalty of less development time in the wind tunnel, their in season development can be exploited by rivals. I hope Ferrari can raise the game, it's something we have not been doing very well

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-ide...ill-take-time/

Hope this news isn't true, but would be a killer if it turns out to be a repeating problem

Charles repeated it several times during interview.
    They are pretty sure to be behind but they are not sure how much.

Anyway, it's a new season and as far as we can challenge other for clean wins, it's enough for me.

I have this feeling we 're being sandbagging big time.
    We did not push (and we're admitting it), we're also admitting that we're bringing things to the race, for the first time in years we did not care to show pace during pre testing.
    What I want to see during this year is updates during the year and confidence. We have a good racing pair and if we stand by them by both the factory and the pit wall, I am pretty sure the car will deliver and no, I doubt the car is far from the red bull like everyone is scared. However sunday is not far.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It's just so hard being a Ferrari fan, but every year we come back hopeful at the beginning of a season, nothing has changed this year.

Sempre Forza Ferrari

| Carlos:

“I have quite a lot of understeer.”

�� | Carlos aborts the lap and says:

“I’m gonna keep cooking down. Tyres are a bit hot.”

�� | Xavi:

“Main loss to Carlos is turns 1 and 4.”

Charles: “What’s my lap time?”

Xavi: “36.3”

Charles: “Copy.”

only first laps. but either we are still in testng mode , or we actually have some problems.
    P.S the single pylon new rear wing is so wrong. it moves horribly
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Understeer like hell
    Tyres are hot
    Rear wing looks like it can break down at any moment
    I'm not confident at all...

Its only FP1...
    Sainz spins...
    I hope there s not something fundamentally wrong with the car like 2009 or 2014.
    First impression is not positive...

sainz was about to have a crash. what i saw was there was something in the ground of the car. he goes to the box

�� | Charles:

“There’s definitely something strange with the clutch. Just going out of the garage, it doesn’t matter. When I go back…I don’t know.”

everything is horrible

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    only first laps. but either we are still in testng mode , or we actually have some problems.
    P.S the single pylon new rear wing is so wrong. it moves horribly
    When there’s smoke there’s fire. A fast team/car is fast right out of the box. This is starting to look like another disaster year. How long until ferrari abandons 23 for 24?

The SF 23, one last middle finger from Binotto on his way out?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~