Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Yeah but AM isn't one of the fastest teams. So that twit is factually incorrect. They will get gobbled up by the Merc tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Yeah but AM isn't one of the fastest teams. So that twit is factually incorrect. They will get gobbled up by the Merc tomorrow.
    Plus they broke the 2021 cost cap, not last years *yet
    Forza Ferrari

Careful as I would be cautious with this AMR23. This car was designed by Dan Fallows whom used to work for RedBull as 2nd in line behind Adrian Newey so he know's how to design a car as we are all seeing in 2023.

Missed opportunity by Ferrari? Maybe, but I doubt Lawrence Stroll has more cash to offer than Ferrari. Also, would Fallows have moved to Italy is another concern. Nonetheless, Fallows is still in the UK with AMRF1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Good 2nd row lock out. I felt Charles could have taken the pole.

I guess ferrari aren’t confident on race pace yet, hence they left strategies wide open. I still see RB as very good race car. That’s how Max won those many races last year.

To challenge RB, we need to have a good race car than quali. Hope ferrari finds something.

Good 2nd row lock out. I felt Charles could have taken the pole.

I guess ferrari aren’t confident on race pace yet, hence they left strategies wide open. I still see RB as very good race car. That’s how Max won those many races last year.

To challenge RB, we need to have a good race car than quali. Hope ferrari finds something.

Charles did not say that! Charles thought there was a chance of pole, he felt his chances would be better 3rd with new stickers than 1st with used.
    Do we think our top speed is enough to close the Bulls, kinda what they did to us last year!
    Does anyone know Redbulls top speed versus us ?

Fred Vasseur: "Don't worry, we certainly won't do what we did last year in Monaco."
    Aouch !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastcarchar View Post
    Charles did not say that! Charles thought there was a chance of pole, he felt his chances would be better 3rd with new stickers than 1st with used.
    Do we think our top speed is enough to close the Bulls, kinda what they did to us last year!
    Does anyone know Redbulls top speed versus us ?
    TOP SPEED #BahrainGP QUALI
    'SAI' 330
    'PER' 327
    'LEC' 327
    'GAS' 325
    'HAM' 325
    'VER' 324
    'SAR' 324
    'ALB' 324
    'ALO' 322
    'STR' 322
    'MAG' 322
    'TSU' 322
    'HUL' 322
    'OCO' 322
    'RUS' 322
    'NOR' 321
    'ZHO' 321
    'BOT' 320
    'DEV' 319
    'PIA' 319

The best , but not to the extent they had on us last year
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Careful as I would be cautious with this AMR23. This car was designed by Dan Fallows whom used to work for RedBull as 2nd in line behind Adrian Newey so he know's how to design a car as we are all seeing in 2023.

Missed opportunity by Ferrari? Maybe, but I doubt Lawrence Stroll has more cash to offer than Ferrari. Also, would Fallows have moved to Italy is another concern. Nonetheless, Fallows is still in the UK with AMRF1.
    One man doesn't make all the difference, it never did and never will. Even Newey was title less from 2000-2009 and 2015-2020.

Ferrari's technical department is more than good enough. They just need to be more politically shrewd. And FV is the right man for that job.

One man doesn't make all the difference, it never did and never will. Even Newey was title less from 2000-2009 and 2015-2020.

Ferrari's technical department is more than good enough. They just need to be more politically shrewd. And FV is the right man for that job.
    Dan Fallows has certainly made a huge difference when you compare where the car(AMR22) was last year same track VS where the car(AMR23) is this year same track.

We know about Alonso but Stroll missed all of testing and went into Bahrain after he broke both his wrists and still has metal pins in his wrists.....look where Stroll put that car!! And I consider Stroll to be average at best.

Twitter is lit up talking about Alonso in 2023 and the AMR23 to include the F1 paddock.

From the qualifying onboards, Leclerc's car looks like it is stiffer and has hard time rotating around corners. The Red Bull looks like it's easier to drive at the limit and can be thrown around corners without any worries.

Maybe a set up compromise to get the tires to last because of the understeer nature of the SF-23. The race will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    From the qualifying onboards, Leclerc's car looks like it is stiffer and has hard time rotating around corners. The Red Bull looks like it's easier to drive at the limit and can be thrown around corners without any worries.

Maybe a set up compromise to get the tires to last because of the understeer nature of the SF-23. The race will be interesting.
    Yeah, but we are not comparing apple with apple here. Everyone improved by 2-3 tenths during their 2nd run, so Max's lap will always look good compared to Charles's 1st attempt.

Also Ferrari have gone with this setup so that they can protect the rear tyres.

Dan Fallows has certainly made a huge difference when you compare where the car(AMR22) was last year same track VS where the car(AMR23) is this year same track.

We know about Alonso but Stroll missed all of testing and went into Bahrain after he broke both his wrists and still has metal pins in his wrists.....look where Stroll put that car!! And I consider Stroll to be average at best.

Twitter is lit up talking about Alonso in 2023 and the AMR23 to include the F1 paddock.
    Well they are getting more development time than Ferrari, RB and Merc. So Dan Fallows should be making a difference, if he is as good as you think. But if you think Fallows took all the decision single handedly, and because of his sole decisions, AM is as good as they are right now, then you are mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Fred Vasseur: "Don't worry, we certainly won't do what we did last year in Monaco."
    Aouch !!!!!
    I already like him

Yeah, but we are not comparing apple with apple here. Everyone improved by 2-3 tenths during their 2nd run, so Max's lap will always look good compared to Charles's 1st attempt.

Also Ferrari has gone with this setup so that they can protect the rear tyres.
    Looking on everything today i have a feeling that sf 23 is an extremely fast car, but they made set-up compromise for this race. if I'm right the next 3 races should go well

finally, we didnt do the same mistakes we did last year.

last year we adjusted everything for the quali sessions rather than the main race.

Maybe now, we set up the car for Sunday like RB did last year

we were happy when we got the pole almost every week, and RB guys always said that the important thing is to win in Sunday, they mostly won in Sunday

But if you think Fallows took all the decision single handedly, and because of his sole decisions, AM is as good as they are right now, then you are mistaken.
    I never said or implied this.

I never said or implied this.
    Ok

finally, we didnt do the same mistakes we did last year.

last year we adjusted everything for the quali sessions rather than the main race.

Maybe now, we set up the car for Sunday like RB did last year

we were happy when we got the pole almost every week, and RB guys always said that the important thing is to win in Sunday, they mostly won in Sunday
    After TD39, sure. But RB's victories in Baku, Spain, Monaco, Canada, France and Hungary came at the expense of Ferrari. Our own incompetence handed them those wins.

After TD39, sure. But RB's victories in Baku, Spain, Monaco, Canada, France and Hungary came at the expense of Ferrari. Our own incompetence handed them those wins.
    our car was a qualifying car. their car was a typical race car. Monaco was in Ferrari's pocket and it was accepted by RB already. because if you got the pole you probably %90 win the race in Monaco. So we failed there. in france, we hit the barriers but If we hadn't crashed they would have beaten us in France as well. verstappen couldnt pass Leclerc even with the DRS, eventually, they played an early pit strategy to beat us. in that lap, Leclerc pushed incredibly and hit the barriers. RB would most likely take the lead during the Leclerc's exit from the pitlane.

but i wanted to indicate races mostly like Monza

I felt that Charles looked a bit angry when he got out of the car in Q3, maybe he wanted to go for pole but it was declined? Perhaps I'm imagining things, and I'll happily accept a P3 start rather than pole if we get the result we are aiming for! He seemed OK in the post-quali interview and hopefully those extra softs will help. Carlos finally came good to get the row 2 lockout. Forza for tomorrow!

its better to be 3rd than being second. leclerc will be in the clean side of the track. perez has fast car, if he starts well, max will try to close his way. it makes a room for leclerc. sainz will start the dirty side of the track, idk he will have a fresh set of tyre like leclerc? if he has, he will have the opportunity to have a good start.

swapping of 2022 RB vs Ferrari roles

https://www.formu1a.uno/ecco-perche-...ere-in-difesa/

Hmmm tough race ahead for Ferrari

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqY-mAdW...name=4096x4096

At Ferrari, the approach is pragmatic and conservative because the SF-23 is not showing as much as it did at the factory.

Cos of a weak front end we are losing .4 on this track

Red Bull are in fact still the best team. In 2022 their race pace was much better than their quali pace, so that could be scary for Sunday. Predictions of a 1-2 is very realistic. Perez is respectfully close to Max in pace, lets see if he can keep it up for 57 laps, and the whole season.

Ferrari already showing signs of falling apart, quite literally. Their single pylon rear wing continues to fail, that's not good. On the outlap of when it all starts to count, and pieces are falling off Leclercs car. A couple of mistakes here and there. An unusual but logical strategy to save tires because their race pace is such a concern they need to try anything they can. That is worrisome.

Aston Martin made an enormous step forward. The whole world was kind of wishing for some miracle that Alonso would get pole, but that wasn't very realistic. If their long run performance is as good as it appeared, then Alonso could legitimately be in the hunt for a podium. Stroll did get thumped in qualifying, but honestly it could be a lot worse given how a lot of drivers have been well over .5 seconds behind their mega star teammates. Also give the lad a lot of credit for toughing out driving after having 2 broken wrists and a broken toe. Respect.

Mercedes wasn't sandbagging after all, at least not really. They are closer than they claimed. Surely with a second set of tires, they'd be closer than 6 tenths. Once again, their race pace in 2022 was much much better than their quali pace, so it's reasonable to assume they will be fighting for the podium. Watch out for Mercedes' crazy good launches off the grid. Alonso vs Hamilton with equal cars? What a dream that'd be to watch.

Mid field is super tight. Alpine looked better than expected, at least with Ocon. Gasly, oof, hope this isn't a start to another tough year. Shocked at the gap between Hulkenberg and Magnessen. Alfa looks to have a decent car to start once again. Nyck De Vries getting worked by Yuki was another big surprise. McLaren are terrible, they have some work today. An excellent performance by Norris, but points may not be possible.

Last year Charles grabbed a bunch of poles only to be eaten alive by RBRs straight line speed. I’d rather Charles qualify on the second row but cross the finish line first.

That’s what I’m hoping for.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FqY-mAdW...name=4096x4096

Yeah, looks like so. Nice.

Looks like we have a correlation issues , especially with the front wing
    In theory the SF23 SHOULD BE a pointy car with very strong front end, but we're struggling with understeer massively

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Looks like we have a correlation issues , especially with the front wing
    In theory the SF23 SHOULD BE a pointy car with very strong front end, but we're struggling with understeer massively
    It's always something