Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    ...... but RB overspending by 7 million over the allocated budget cap is cleaver accounting.

RedBull overspent by 1.8 million and not the 7 million that your quoting. They were fined $7 million.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Hmm 60 million live in Italy. Of those 5.8 million are expats. It cannot be that difficult to live there.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Ferrari's problems are in no way linked to Italians wanting to speak Italian or the country being difficult to settle in
    Ferrari's problems are very much to do with being TOO Italian. They might have the best racing engineers from Italy, but the successful teams have the best people from all around the world.

Ferrari have created an atmosphere that non-Italian's don't seem to want to work for. Drivers yes, but not the factory workers.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Ferrari's problems are very much to do with being TOO Italian. They might have the best racing engineers from Italy, but the successful teams have the best people from all around the world.

Ferrari have created an atmosphere that non-Italian's don't seem to want to work for. Drivers yes, but not the factory workers.
    Ferrari F1 have(past tense) had good engineers, unfortunately, due to the culture of Ferrari F1 they don't flourish within the culture.....only to move to another team (like Mercedes) and flourish within the Mercedes culture.

In essence, you're partly right and about the successful teams have the best people......the most successful talent in F1 will move among the most successful teams due to their location in the U.K.

Can you tell us the % of staff that were Italian in say 99/2006, compared to now?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Can you tell us the % of staff that were Italian in say 99/2006, compared to now?
    We shouldn’t talk about nationality, Aldo Costa is Italian and an amazing engineer. It’s all about the talent itself, so we need to identify the right people and go after them.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    We shouldn’t talk about nationality, Aldo Costa is Italian and an amazing engineer. It’s all about the talent itself, so we need to identify the right people and go after them.
    Exactly.
    It is all about management.

Which again, has zero to do with nationality btw.
    Remind me, LcDM was not italian ? Was not Enzo Italian?

People need to get their heads off their @$$3$ and stop drinking the PF1 coolaid.
    Ferrari's problem is not about being italian or having italian people .

It is strictly bout being mismanaged. The end.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Hopefully Fred proves to be a good manager and is given time to get results.

Forza Jules

Exactly.

People need to get their heads off their @$$3$ and stop drinking the PF1 coolaid.

Agreed, enough of the Italian-bashing already, it's in their blood to be passionate and dedicated, more so than most other teams. Their management and politics undermines the efforts of those on the ground doing the nitty-gritty.

I read that pressure is on the FIA to hand Lewis the 2021 championship.
    Maybe the same pressure can be applied to award Massa the 2008 WDC. Personally I cannot see it., too much water has passed under that bridge

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I read that pressure is on the FIA to hand Lewis the 2021 championship.
    Maybe the same pressure can be applied to award Massa the 2008 WDC. Personally I cannot see it., too much water has passed under that bridge
    One of the common criticisms (not mine, but one i've seen on the internet) is that handing that championship to Massa sets a precedent that the championships are never truly decided.

Well, the FIA has already opened themselves up to this by having a budget cap, that has to be analyzed well into the following season, and then if there is a dispute, long after that.

So I say yes, Alonso loses the win to the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, it never happened, and Massa is the 2008 World Drivers Champion.

But this all stinks if you ask me, because it robs you of the joy of watching your team win on track.

Exactly.

great post as always

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    One of the common criticisms (not mine, but one i've seen on the internet) is that handing that championship to Massa sets a precedent that the championships are never truly decided.

Well, the FIA has already opened themselves up to this by having a budget cap, that has to be analyzed well into the following season, and then if there is a dispute, long after that.

So I say yes, Alonso loses the win to the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, it never happened, and Massa is the 2008 World Drivers Champion.

But this all stinks if you ask me, because it robs you of the joy of watching your team win on track.
    It would not be an ideal way to win a championship and too late for fans to celebrate (some of us did for 38secs on the day)
    but it would reverse an injustice.
    If Lewis overturns 2021 result then Massa should be able to.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It would not be an ideal way to win a championship and too late for fans to celebrate (some of us did for 38secs on the day)
    but it would reverse an injustice.
    If Lewis overturns 2021 result then Massa should be able to.
    I agree with you there.

I was also celebrating, although it seemed shorter than 38 seconds.

The problem for F1 is that Bernie Ecclestone has made some incriminating comments. If it turns out to be true and isn't just something he's making up as he's aging why should anyone affected by this not stake their claim?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Exactly.

I wish I could agree. Sounds like the same folks that blamed Binotto and every other team boss since Ross Brawn & Jean Todt. "Fire him!" they say. Yet nothing changes. You have never thought about why that is?

What good is management going to do when you have the same brains and mechanics doing all the work? Will the aero team suddenly become smarter because Freddie boy showed up and said do better? You think the engine department can sudden make a reliable PU with the most power on the grid because some boss with a nice tie says so?

Saying Ferrari's issues are from being hyper focused on finding Italians is not a negative comment against Italy or their people. If that is what you hear, or if you take that personal, then that is your problem. How is a team that is looking for the best people in a country of 59 million people going to compete with another team that looks for the best people in the world of nearly 8 billion?

Until Ferrari get higher quality people designing and building the cars, and a strategy team that at least knows how to read, they will never change. The end.

I wish I knew. I'm not sure if it's possible to know. But we do know the leaders in the team did not have to be Italian.

A quick check of their team principles since Jean Todt:

Italy Stefano Domenicali (2008–April 2014)
    Italy Marco Mattiacci (April–November 2014)
    Italy Maurizio Arrivabene (2015–2018)
    Italy Mattia Binotto (2019-2022)

Everyone was crucified by Ferrari fans because they believed they were the problem. But it's much worse than that.

Head of Chassis Area: Enrico Cardile - Italian
    Head of Power Unit Area: Enrico Gualtieri - Italian
    Racing Director – Head of Track Area: Laurent Mekies - French. Been living in Italy for more than 20 years
    Head of Supply Chain & Manufacturing: Enrico Racca - Italian

Any time they seem to find someone of value that wasn't born in Italy, they can't hang onto them. I wish I knew to the answer to why this is, but whatever Ferrari has done to lay the groundwork to their current status, nobody wants to work for them outside of Italians. It's frustrating because this wasn't the case before, at least not the extent it is now.

Ferrari have only had 4 non Italian team principles in their history. Fred is French not sure why he never made your list there.

Why is the nationality of someone the issue?
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari have only had 4 non Italian team principles in their history. Fred is French not sure why he never made your list there.

Why is the nationality of someone the issue?
    I guess you missed the point where I said I believe Ferrari are too focused on hiring Italians rather than searching for the best people on the planet. Since I don't have a list of everyone that works at Ferrari, there is a chance I am wrong, but from what we all can see, that doesn't appear to be the case.

If they are hunting all over the world for the best people and everyone is refusing except for Italian workers, then there is something else majorly wrong internally.

Those rumours started from Bahrain FP3
    https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-f1...red-bull-fans/

I guess you missed the point where I said I believe Ferrari are too focused on hiring Italians rather than searching for the best people on the planet. Since I don't have a list of everyone that works at Ferrari, there is a chance I am wrong, but from what we all can see, that doesn't appear to be the case.

If they are hunting all over the world for the best people and everyone is refusing except for Italian workers, then there is something else majorly wrong internally.
    Hence why I asked you the % of Italians.

Italian team, based in Italy is highly likely to have more Italians working there, but again why is being Italian the problem?
    Forza Ferrari

Hence why I asked you the % of Italians.

Italian team, based in Italy is highly likely to have more Italians working there, but again why is being Italian the problem?
    Naturally. I never said being Italian is the problem, it isn't. It's their philosophy to seek out Italian employees, including the key individuals rather than looking globally. One could bring up the discussion about expanding factories into the UK, but I certainly understand their position to keep the facilities in Maranello.

If I am off base and it's simply a case of nobody wants to work for Ferrari, could you explain why? It's not a money thing, Ferrari have made some big offers to a couple big names out there.

Lapo Elkann throwing fuel on the fire that Santander was/is controlling Ferrari/race strategy, a.k.a screwing Leclerc.

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...PuudI6D26vgujg

~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Lapo Elkann throwing fuel on the fire that Santander was/is controlling Ferrari/race strategy, a.k.a screwing Leclerc.

"Ferrari needs heart, seriousness and a winning team inside and outside of the pits. It's time to WAKE UP. Enough with politics and games. We will NEVER win like this."

and

"Santander for me terrible bank."

He also highlighted 'Santander' on the image for the first quote.

Doesn't make sense. Why would Ferrari allow a freaking sponsor to dictate the race strategy? It's not like their on the verge of bankruptcy.

But on the other hand, Lapo isn't some nobody. He sits on the Ferrari board. So his statements can't be ignore. What happened in Monaco, Silverstone and Hungary wasn't just pure incompetence, there was certainly more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    "Ferrari needs heart, seriousness and a winning team inside and outside of the pits. It's time to WAKE UP. Enough with politics and games. We will NEVER win like this."

and

"Santander for me terrible bank."

He also highlighted 'Santander' on the image for the first quote.
    Doesn't make sense. Why would Ferrari allow a freaking sponsor to dictate the race strategy? It's not like their on the verge of bankruptcy.

But on the other hand, Lapo isn't some nobody. He sits on the Ferrari board. So his statements can't be ignore. What happened in Monaco, Silverstone and Hungary wasn't just pure incompetence, there was certainly more to it.
    You gotta love Lapo for saying what some of us have been saying for the past 10+ years with this team.

The whole Santander "conspiracy" is just more drama within this team. The epitome of a soap opera.

Money, it’s always money. You would think that Ferrari wouldn’t need Santanders money, but evidently they do. Like you said, Lapo isn’t some nobody spreading conspiracy theories. There must be some truth to his comments. It was clear to most of us on this forum that the fix was in on plenty of the races last year to help Carlos. Sad really, what a different year we could have had.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

[FormulaPassion.it]

Letter to shareholders, John Elkann: "Profound changes are underway in Maranello"

I am all for conspiracy theories but often time incompetence looks like maleficence. Incompetence is WAY more frequent, though.

One has to question the timing of those posts.
    Also, it bonds well with the rumours that Vasseur was told that it was hit its job to land sponsors to the team.

What I read behind the lines is that Ferrari still ignores Leclerc' s driving preferences and they keep follow Sainz' s recommendations.
    They will end up with Leclerc in another team.