Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 213141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Charles has to realize and go along with being the #2 driver @ Ferrari. It worked with Shumy and Rubens. Just look at how bad Shumy did without Rubens when he drove for 3 years without a single win with his German home team! Nota single win. Charles needs to win at least one race this season to and catch up to Carlos with points to be considered the #1 driver. He for sure has what it takes. Just look at his salary! The next race can't come sooon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Carlos won in Italy? How did I miss that? Must have been a hell of a race.
    . R Bull owns 1st &2nd place ! 3rd is the new 1st place for the rest of the teams. At least I like to think so. There's even a place on the podium!

Noris, Russell, and Lewis all 3 GBN ! finish 3 4 & 5th !

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The sooner the Sainz-clan gets removed from Ferrari, the better.

Guy only won two races in his career, one in Silverstone when his teammate got shafted by Binotto, and one in Singapore where his teammate was told to not attack and told to hold others behind. Yet he runs his mouth like he's one of the top guys F1. Really funny.

Also the current SF-23 was designed around Sainz's preference, a parting gift from Binotto to his favorite driver. No wonder why this car sucks.
    100% correct.

But Charles is behind on points! Even after a last minute fuel leak on Carlos'' car causing him a DNF. Not really a design preference ! BTW ! Besides R Bull drivers who has the only win this whole season so far? CARLITO !! Ferrari has the only other win! Also 100% correct !
    Last edited by Brembo; 10th October 2023 at 16:44.

my biggest fear for next season is Ferrari and Merc after adopting the suspension design of Red Bull and Mclaren, make it a 3 way fight between Ferrari, Mercedes, and Mclaren. But Red Bull, continue to just build a car for Maxipad, and still win the drivers and constructors, because the Ferrar, Merc, and Mclaren, just take points away from each other. So there is a very possible scenario, where even with Perez performing like this, and closer competition, that Red Bull can still win both titles with one driver.

The only upside is Max won't be able to start 20th and win anymore.

FIA has to allow all F1 cars to have Air Conditioners installed. And AC seats.

Ferrari to accept crypto as payment for its cars in the US

Ferrari has started to accept payment in cryptocurrency for its luxury sports cars in the U.S. and will extend the scheme to Europe following requests from its wealthy customers, its marketing and commercial chief told Reuters.

Ferrari said the decision came in response to requests from the market and dealers as many of its clients have invested in crypto.

"Some are young investors who have built their fortunes around cryptocurrencies," he said. "Some others are more traditional investors, who want to diversify their portfolios."

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...us-2023-10-14/

The last chance coming up for Charles to get his 2023 win!! I'm hoping Ferrari gives both drivers a winning car to fight with. Enough already with R Bull!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    The sooner the Sainz-clan gets removed from Ferrari, the better.

Guy only won two races in his career, one in Silverstone when his teammate got shafted by Binotto, and one in Singapore where his teammate was told to not attack and told to hold others behind. Yet he runs his mouth like he's one of the top guys F1. Really funny.

Also the current SF-23 was designed around Sainz's preference, a parting gift from Binotto to his favorite driver. No wonder why this car sucks.
    100% correct.

Watch the fireworks from team Sainz when Charles has his contract made public.

Carlos is looking at this all wrong because of his ego.

He should try and get into another team asap because next year the 2024 chassis will not be the under-steering pig that this years car is.
    Red Bull have shown that you need a pointy chassis to be fast with these regulations.

Ferrari will provide this type of chassis next year and Charles will destroy Carlos, thus denting his reputation and ability to get another decent seat in F1.

If Ferrari is smart they will not extend the contract of Carlos and will bring in Albon in 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The last chance coming up for Charles to get his 2023 win!! I'm hoping Ferrari gives both drivers a winning car to fight with. Enough already with R Bull!
    I'm just going to be glad to see the back of this car to be honest.
    Not sure that we can get the win here but we should be competitive with Merc at least.

For some reason I've rewatched last year's Australian GP... We were so good in the first 3 races of 2022 season and Red Bull was totally lost, how did it go so wrong for us since then...

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Fireworks? Is Carlos going to get a higher salary than Charles? 17 drivers with zero wins! Ferrari and Carlos !!!! Give the boy a raise! Wins are still a big deal. Charles with a win Sunday !!!

They lost weight .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    For some reason I've rewatched last year's Australian GP... We were so good in the first 3 races of 2022 season and Red Bull was totally lost, how did it go so wrong for us since then...
    Back then I was even thinking ''The championships are finally home'' and then the worst senerio happened !
    No it's not coming yet

The only other team and driver 2023 win " CARLOS & FERRARI ! "

Unlike all cars since 2009, SF-23 was consistently and substantially improved since its launch. The pace since Japan is by far the best since launch and the tyre management didn't suffer for it. Valuable lessons (re)learned for 676 project and easily the most room for improvement of the top 5 cars. Good job by the engineers, good job by Cardille!

FORZA FERRARI and hopefully we’ll be the ones taking the fight to red bull next year

Damn since the DTS fan appear the amount of hate for Ferrari is so insane even the smallest mistake become a joke (while they just ignored other team when they made even worse mistakes ) and even when a normal decision turn out wrong , these guys would just comeback to saying **** with benefit of hindsight

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Unlike all cars since 2009, SF-23 was consistently and substantially improved since its launch. The pace since Japan is by far the best since launch and the tyre management didn't suffer for it. Valuable lessons (re)learned for 676 project and easily the most room for improvement of the top 5 cars. Good job by the engineers, good job by Cardille!

FORZA FERRARI and hopefully we’ll be the ones taking the fight to red bull next year

I know the thread name is rumors, but what I have is fact.

I have bought tickets to Hungaroring and Monza 2024

Just 3 pts shy of #2 WCC, and the ONLY team to win a race out of R Bull !! Ferrari is still up there !!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Wow Stefa, I am so jealous
    Monza race is on my bucket list…one day I’ll go there for a race, visit the Ferrari museum and the factory

Hope you’ll have fun at both of those races and witness Ferrari wins at both venues

Last but not least, praying that Ferrari delivers a good enough car in 2024, one that can fight for wins and finally BRING HOME BOTH CHAMPIONSHIPS……WCC AND WDC

Hello, my fellow piranhas! :D

I enter the fish tank once again.

My takes on SF's 2023 season:

1. For this season, damage limitation was the primary focus.

2. IMO both drivers delivered as much as possible. But, I'm still worried about internal politics.

3. The technical and strategic aspects of the pit wall are slowly improving as SF and Fred Vassure are still hunting for talent.

4. The 2024 season will be the toughest test for Vassure. If we fall behind Mercedes, he might end up on the chopping block.

5. Finally, I think we might improve - unfortunately, not enough for the 2024 season. Though, I think we'll be the second force.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post

Great news!

I hope you have a great time and a safe journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Hello, my fellow piranhas! :D

I enter the fish tank once again.

My takes on SF's 2023 season:

1. For this season, damage limitation was the primary focus.

2. IMO both drivers delivered as much as possible. But, I'm still worried about internal politics.

3. The technical and strategic aspects of the pit wall are slowly improving as SF and Fred Vassure are still hunting for talent.

4. The 2024 season will be the toughest test for Vassure. If we fall behind Mercedes, he might end up on the chopping block.

5. Finally, I think we might improve - unfortunately, not enough for the 2024 season. Though, I think we'll be the second force.
    Sadly, second force in my books is NOT good enough; that’s the first place of losers

Sadly, second force in my books is NOT good enough; that’s the first place of losers
    Well, there are quotes flying around that RBR hasn't touched/updated their car since August '23.

As much as I (or anyone else in the Tifosi) hate SF being anything other than first, we can't deny the fact that RBR as a team is extremely strong.

RBR has Newey, Verstappen, a strong strategic department, Alpha Tauri (or Racing Bulls) as well as Horner & Marko on their side - we need time and patience unfortunately.

With all that being said, Vassure has no choice but to target being the second force (at the worst) or being competitive against RBR (at the best).

Exactly.
    As I believe I 've said some time after Vasseur took over, this year was all about the following:
    Rebuild of processes,
    Rebuild of structure of the team
    Rebuild of function of the team pitwall wise .

REBUILD.

And to make some of those more clear :
    - Better decisioning strategy wise , we were beyond the joke of F1 (clowns, anyone?) last year, and I am pretty sure that while we still need work, we're FAR better than last year.
    - Updates that actually work (!!!!!!). While I am sure I don't need to say too much about this, there is something we had not witnessed for eons, ie. coming back from the summer break, and actually working towards improvement, instead of losing performance ! This, to me is a gigantic step forward.
    - Hiring of key personnel. The result of these hirings will show results from next year and the following. So for this we have to wait.

Things that is left to be desired:
    1. BUILD A CAR FOCUSED ON LECLERC.
    We witnessed on the last two races what Charles can do if only he has a car that he can work with. Nothing we don't already know but we needed a reminder. As it stands he's the only driver that can actually bring on the fight to Max (and I am not talking just for Ferrari)
    2. Keep pushing, keep improving, build on what happened on 2023.
    3. Re: Carlos. I hope he realizes his place in the team. He is a very good driver , head on shoulders, but he 's not as good as Charles.
    4. The car. If things are as rumoured (I know..) , things might be spicy. But I will believe it when I see it and I see the competition (not just RBR).

FORZA.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Re: Carlos winning the ONLY race this season for Ferrari shows he was the only driver to be able to bring on the fight to Max; car and driver wise. If there's a 1,2 driver @ Ferrari it's Carlos #1 for sure even at 1/2 the pay Charles gets! Give our drivers a winning capable car for 2024 and let them fight it out.Wins are what makes Max R Bulls#1 Wins are what makes Carlos #1 ! Beware of Merc !! Wake up Fred! Carlos won a race!!
    Last edited by Brembo; 28th November 2023 at 18:16.

Wow Stefa, I am so jealous
    Monza race is on my bucket list…one day I’ll go there for a race, visit the Ferrari museum and the factory

Hope you’ll have fun at both of those races and witness Ferrari wins at both venues

Last but not least, praying that Ferrari delivers a good enough car in 2024, one that can fight for wins and finally BRING HOME BOTH CHAMPIONSHIPS……WCC AND WDC

Thank you! And AMEN to your words! For your mouth to God ear!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    The only other team and driver 2023 win " CARLOS & FERRARI ! "
    You are right brother, but at the end the day he is behind CL in standing (considering CL has more DNF & Pitwall error)
    Last edited by JChan; 29th November 2023 at 10:50.